Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Korn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Korn  (Read 18871 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:33 AM »

evolution is a cool song. anyone know if the new album has leaked yet (does it have a name yet?)

it will be untitled i read because they wanted fans to call it whatever the fans wanted or something.. i'll try to find the source..

EDIT: found this..:
On May 28, vocalist Jonathan Davis joined Radio 3FM, after just performing at the Pinkpop Festival in Holland. He commented that the band's upcoming album, stating it "will not be titled." He elaborates by saying, "It's not titled. It's not going to be titled," Davis said. "We had the world's greatest drummer Terry Bozzio in and Brooks Wackerman from Bad Religion in and I played drums on some songs too. I'm so proud of it, we just can't wait to show people what we've done." Titling the album has become an issue for these reasons, as Tod Martens of Billboard.com referred to the album deliberately as Untitled, despite the same reporting claiming it to be Korn (an album the band has already recorded and titled under). Others dismiss the album as titled either, and explicitly claim the album to be virtually untitled (referred to as "Korn's untitled album"). The cover art released on June 14, 2007 contains virtually no text (or even a logo), implying that the album will be known as the latter ["Korn's untitled album"], and not literally titled Untitled. Vocalist Jonathan Davis has said, "We didn't want to label this album. It has no boundaries. It has no limits and why not just let our fans call it whatever they wanna call it?"

here's some Song descriptions

"Starting Over" ? A song where Jonathan Davis channels all of his feelings about the battles he's overcome in the past few years: alcohol addiction, drug dependency, and a near-fatal blood disease. Billboard journalist Todd Martens comments, "The album opens with the seemingly straightforward rocker "Starting Over," but more than halfway through, the guitars drop and give way to a dreamy, psychedelic bridge, only to have the verses resurrected by gospel-inspired keys."

"Bitch We Got a Problem" ? Billboard journalist Todd Martens compares the song to "Do What They Say" as also sporting an almost dance vibe and industrial grooves.

"Evolution" ? Described by Jonathan as "addressing global climate issues." Jonathan said, "It's not political Al Gore shit. I'm just wondering, are my kids' kids going to have a place to live?" The song is also the first single from the upcoming album.

"Kiss" ? One of guitarist Munky's favorite tracks on the new album. "It has piano in it, and there's a very melancholy tone to it," he describes the song. Billboard journalist Todd Martens comments the song has The Beatles' "Strawberry Fields" tones to it.

"Do What They Say" ? Billboard journalist Todd Martens comments the song "sports almost dance-y, industrial grooves"

"Ever Be" ? Munky describes the song as having "this epic ending to it ? like, imagine 300 set to song. It's crazy." The song is written about Brian "Head" Welch.

"Love and Luxury" ? Davis addresses the departure of ex-guitarist Brian "Head" Welch. In an interview with Billboard.com, Davis says, "I had to vent, It really irritated me that he's putting out this book and profiting off of talking shit about us -- the guys who gave him everything in his life and put him where he's at. If you don't want to be in the band, fine, but don't go out bad mouthing us."

"Killing" ? "It's a hard riff to play, and if you keep playing it for an hour, your arm hurts," Munky explained. "[Frontman Jonathan Davis] was in writing the song with us, so he's the one who came up with the riff ? because he's not used to playing hours on end. He was kind of the second guitar player, filling in the blanks for me."

"Hushabye" ? Shaffer plays a "reverb-y" mandolin. The definition of a hushaby is a lullaby used to soothe or lull babies to sleep.

"I Will Protect You" ? Features a bagpipe intro and a very progressive middle section showcasing Bozzio's drumming.

me myself have found "evolution" and "i will protect you" on torrent sites ok
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:36:40 AM by CheapJon » Logged
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2007, 05:25:42 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kwjh_korn-evolution_music

Just came across the new video for "Evolution." Check it out.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »

so what is the story with this new album? anyone heard it yet? i heard it leaked and people said on other boards that its Korn's masterpiece and sounds very NIN and industrialish which is right up my alley.

i like evolution, might have to check this out....

the only Korn album i own is Untouchables and it has some okay songs but i never really got into it.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »

Yes, it leaked. I've ... heard it. I enjoy it. I like where Korn's been going with their sound. I even got "Evolution" off iTunes when it came out, so I feel alright about hearing the rest of it. I'll be picking up the album. I was a big fan of Korn when they came out in the 90s and I still support them. Saw them on the Family Values Tour last year (I went to see Deadsy and Dir en Grey) and they were still able to impress me live. Anyway, if you're curious it's out on all the torrent sites. If you can't get to it, get in touch with me.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »

what an....odd...and frankly...rubbbish video

Quick! To the bandwagon!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »

They haven't made a decent video in years. The song's so much more potent without it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2007, 05:20:14 PM »

just got it and is on the first listen.. i think i like it this far and i'm on the 6th song
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2007, 06:31:27 PM »

Love the new video, pretty much sums up humanity.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »

Just saw them on The Sauce on FUSE. They performed and were interviewed a bit. Then they had a bonus half-hour set after the show (then FUSE did a Loaded episode for them, so it was a Korn night for me). Anyway, I jumped right on AIM and sent some messages out during a commercial break and by the time they came back I was able to chat with Jonathan Davis online for a little bit. It was really surreal and he's very cool. Can't wait for the new CD tomorrow.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2007, 08:47:47 PM »

I like the new song a lot.  Kinda stopped liking Korn for a while, but I'll probably check out this album.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »

The new album is pretty damn good . Not their best work but still pretty damn good.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »

Good but not great album - hardly a rival for Follow the Leader, but acceptable

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2007, 02:05:55 PM »

I would even say Follow the leader is there best album either.

Always thought Life is Peachy was.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2007, 03:17:54 PM »

LIP was rubbish and almost buried Korn's career. The new album is very enjoyable, and at the same time nowhere near their best effort.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2007, 03:19:59 PM »

LIP was rubbish and almost buried Korn's career. The new album is very enjoyable, and at the same time nowhere near their best effort.

Lip was pretty damn good to me. But hey people have diffrent opinions.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »

Lip was pretty damn good to me. But hey people have diffrent opinions.

I think ISSUES was their best album.  after that it was kinda all down hill for me.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »

Yes i find Issues to be the best album too yes my brother always listend to that shit when it came out
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2007, 08:55:23 PM »

I've liked Korn since the beginning. So lemme go through this, and keep in mind this is just my opinion.

S/T - Really love this album. It introduced the band and unlike the next couple albums hasn't really aged all that bad.

Life is Peachy - Not a bad album, but not a worthy follow-up to S/T either. Basically a let down at the time, but in retrospect I enjoy at least a few of the songs.

Follow the Leader - The band's most dated album and worst album overall. I don't like nu metal. Korn isn't a nu metal band. This is their only album in that style.

Issues - Korn's best album to that point. This is the line for most fans who either stuck with the band or left them.

Untouchables - Korn's darkest album to date. As Korn's sound got more experimental, the band lost what remained of its nu metal fanbase. A love it or hate it album. My favorite Korn album. Hasn't been outdone by them since.

Take a Look in the Mirror - A decent album with some really cool songs, but suffers LiP syndrome in following up one of their best efforts. It's less focused and the most tired the band has sounded.

See You on the Other Side - Korn's "comeback" album. The Matrix or not, some of Korn's best songs. Atticus Ross' production breathes new life into the band.

"untitled" - Korn's second S/T and most recent album is easily in my top three for them, and it grows on me all the time. A dark, heavy affair that loses many of the commercial posturings of SYotOS. Recommended.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2007, 11:51:14 PM »

I've liked Korn since the beginning. So lemme go through this, and keep in mind this is just my opinion.

S/T - Really love this album. It introduced the band and unlike the next couple albums hasn't really aged all that bad.

Life is Peachy - Not a bad album, but not a worthy follow-up to S/T either. Basically a let down at the time, but in retrospect I enjoy at least a few of the songs.

Follow the Leader - The band's most dated album and worst album overall. I don't like nu metal. Korn isn't a nu metal band. This is their only album in that style.

Issues - Korn's best album to that point. This is the line for most fans who either stuck with the band or left them.

Untouchables - Korn's darkest album to date. As Korn's sound got more experimental, the band lost what remained of its nu metal fanbase. A love it or hate it album. My favorite Korn album. Hasn't been outdone by them since.

Take a Look in the Mirror - A decent album with some really cool songs, but suffers LiP syndrome in following up one of their best efforts. It's less focused and the most tired the band has sounded.

See You on the Other Side - Korn's "comeback" album. The Matrix or not, some of Korn's best songs. Atticus Ross' production breathes new life into the band.

"untitled" - Korn's second S/T and most recent album is easily in my top three for them, and it grows on me all the time. A dark, heavy affair that loses many of the commercial posturings of SYotOS. Recommended.
Great post, everything is spot on.  ok

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2007, 02:21:58 AM »

Great post, everything is spot on.  ok

Thanks beer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: