Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Hurricane Katrina thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Hurricane Katrina thread  (Read 32601 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: August 30, 2005, 09:40:16 AM »

New Orleans, Mississippi and Alabama coasts have been absolutely devistated. I have not even heard a word from any other countries on this. You would think this catastrophe would even be acknowledged by other countries considering the billions of dollars the US sends abroad to help with disasters (Tsunami Relief, famine in Africa, etc).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 08:06:03 AM by jarmo » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 09:43:23 AM »

yup chances are no you wont see anything..... the areas your talking about that a tonne of aid goes too.... they are third world..... they cant rebuild without outside help..... and if the US can wage a war in another country and try and rebuild that.... they can afford to rebuild the coast of its own country.... its a cold hard fact jack....... and im sure W. aint going looking for international aid either.....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 11:21:14 AM »

Mexico is sending us plenty of workers to come and clean up the mess.  They must have excellent hurricane forcasts inMexico because these workers ahve ben showing up by the thousands for years now!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 02:15:13 PM »

yup chances are no you wont see anything..... the areas your talking about that a tonne of aid goes too.... they are third world..... they cant rebuild without outside help..... and if the US can wage a war in another country and try and rebuild that.... they can afford to rebuild the coast of its own country.... its a cold hard fact jack....... and im sure W. aint going looking for international aid either.....

How does this not surprise me US politics gets into this subject?? 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:44:05 PM »

well, its not because a country is not poor that it doesnt get help.
sure the US wont get money, but they could get firefighters, workers and stuff from other countries
that's how it goes in europe, when a country is devastated by some incident, the other countries send help (in terms of workforce)

but, i dont see european countries sending people across the ocean ... even if i'd like to go to the New Orleans - maybe its better than the old one - Smiley

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 05:12:22 PM »

We dont need anybodys help. In times of tragedy, the U.S. always stands alone. But you would think that other countries would at least acknowledge the disaster. Its shameful. Maybe Bush should turn on HAARP and whip up a few hurricanes and some typhoons and send them to various spots on the globe. Maybe even a decent sized tsunami. Then ignore the catastrophes. It would be fair play.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 05:18:46 PM »

We dont need anybodys help. In times of tragedy, the U.S. always stands alone. But you would think that other countries would at least acknowledge the disaster. Its shameful. Maybe Bush should turn on HAARP and whip up a few hurricanes and some typhoons and send them to various spots on the globe. Maybe even a decent sized tsunami. Then ignore the catastrophes. It would be fair play.

god.... you must have a very sad life Smiley

mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 05:36:07 PM »

Hasn't Europe been experiencing floods n' shit for the whole summer? I know Romania has been hit with tons of rain and floods for almost a year.
The hurricane shit in the States is horrible, but it's nowhere near the same scope of the asian tsunami.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 05:46:17 PM »

well, its not because a country is not poor that it doesnt get help.
sure the US wont get money, but they could get firefighters, workers and stuff from other countries
that's how it goes in europe, when a country is devastated by some incident, the other countries send help (in terms of workforce)

but, i dont see european countries sending people across the ocean ... even if i'd like to go to the New Orleans - maybe its better than the old one - Smiley

hey Canda send in fire jumpers when needed and bombers too...... hell we were first on the line during 9/11 offering full assistance at GZ..... remarkably we were left of teh thank you card list.......

wht the hell do you expect... its not even a political statement... its a fair assment.. if the US asked for help you would get help for this..... wed laugh if you asked for money...... but if you asked for man power im sure you would get it..........but he wont ask in teh current climate.. it would be sucide now... it would show weakness on th part of him not being able to have feet on the ground to do teh job at home..... its a fair assment...IMO. granted you may look at it and say christ here he goes again on the political side of things...... why is he doing that?...... hell id all most put money on the fact that the "federal" US goverment will not aske for outside assistance...... state side.... well thats usually where teh asking comes from... and that woud not surprise me... and they would get what tehy needed short of money.... besides with all that oil reserve sitting idle... it wont take long for teh pinch to be put to get everything up and running....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 06:02:22 PM »

Your post could be used as a great example of how ignorant some people are....? Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:25:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 06:56:38 PM »

Good one, Jarmo. Instead of offering condolences to the people suffering in that region, you insult the american in this thread. You proved my point.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 07:08:13 PM »

I lived in MS. for two years, and I know how it feels there when hurricanes fuckin slam the coast. I REALLY feel for the people who have had their home devastated by Katrina. I wouldn't like to live in New Orleans, Mobile, Biloxi, Gulfport or any other place on the Gulf Coast right now.

New Orleans is my favorite place in the States so I will surely help by sending money via the Red Cross or something as soon as I can. My heart is with the people right now in the Superdome and those who can't even go back to their place because they can't even go back to their city. It must suck big time. This was like a tsunami for MS. and LA.

As far as other countries go, no I don't think they will send money or whatever, because it's not exactly the same situation as the tsunamis in Southeast Asia. I guess most governments will suppose the US can take care of this, just like they did with past hurricanes like Ivan. I'm not saying this is a good thing or anything, this is how I think they see the situation right now, but I could be wrong and maybe they're gonna send money and aid over there.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 07:20:44 PM »

Good one, Jarmo. Instead of offering condolences to the people suffering in that region, you insult the american in this thread. You proved my point.

What do you expect when you make a post like that? What point? Insulted the American?

You insulted the rest of the world in a thread about a natural disaster. You had to make it about "USA vs the rest". Pathetic!

I feel bad for anybody who suffers due to natural disters, hunger, war, terror attacks etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »

MAN, FUCK YOU !!!! Angry Angry Angry

you'r  post was fuckin' ignorent!!

You say that "you would think that other contries would at least acknowledge the disaster"........well guess what dickhead, i'v seen it on the news afew times now and ya know what, i actually sat down and watched n' thought about all the people livin' there, just like other disasters this world has had, i felt sorry and bad for anyone caught in it.

N' here you are assuming no one outside of the USA gives a fuck.......well i do, but fuck you!!! rant

how do you know that your last post didnt offend some poor fucker here that has a relative or friend that died in one of those disasters!!
!

oh, but Jarmo supposebly insulted Americans now Roll Eyes.......WELL HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU INSULT WITH YOUR FUCKED UP REPLY!!!!

i bet you think GoD is an AmericaN................................
Bowie and Rezner ok
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:46:13 PM by ClintroN III - Attack of the Toe Cutters » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 07:46:26 PM »

RACAS (AFP) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez offered to send food and fuel to the United States after the powerful Hurricane Katrina pummeled the US south, ravaging US crude production.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050829/wl_afp/usweathervenezuelaoil_050829235602

I love the irony.  I'd gladly accept a Pat Robertson for food/oil trade.

Secondly, its unfortunate that half the Louisiana national guard is preoccupied halfway around the world at the time of the state's greatest need.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »

Ok there`s a start. Maybe Chavez isn`t as evil as some would make him out to be.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 12:52:30 AM »

Ok there`s a start. Maybe Chavez isn`t as evil as some would make him out to be.

Or its just good press.  I'm curious to see if any of our celebrities, who are so anxious to help out with the issues in other countries will come through on this one.  And I don't mean with "benefit" concerts.  I want them to give cash.  It annoys me to see people with millions telling me that I should donate money.

But I have to confess that its hard to be anxious to help when you see all those losers looting and shooting at the police and stuff.  They don't deserve to live, let alone get donations.  But they will.  People like that know how to work the system. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 01:02:49 AM »

Well, because our standing in the world is probably turned down a notch or two after Iraq.

But if it makes you feel better Chavez is offering cheap oil to help us out.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 01:07:34 AM »

Where in this post (below) is your condolences to the victims?

Rather you wish tragedy on another group of people....is that your way of posting a condolence for the victims in New Orleans?

I mean look at this trash you wrote....

People read that crap and think we all are like that, you fuckin' asshole. People died up there and all you jerks can do is start the hate game towards the rest of the world.

And you wonder why nobody likes our ass? Idiot!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 01:11:33 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 07:20:18 AM »

Or its just good press.? I'm curious to see if any of our celebrities, who are so anxious to help out with the issues in other countries will come through on this one.? And I don't mean with "benefit" concerts.? I want them to give cash.? It annoys me to see people with millions telling me that I should donate money.

But I have to confess that its hard to be anxious to help when you see all those losers looting and shooting at the police and stuff.? They don't deserve to live, let alone get donations.? But they will.? People like that know how to work the system.?

If someone is looting high end electronics, thats one thing, but when you have no food or water and the only way to get it is to steal it before someone else does before it spoils, what choice do you have?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: