Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  End of the Bush Era
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: End of the Bush Era  (Read 13471 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 11:50:57 AM »

So much to cover...I'm gonna do what I hate to do and cut it up:

BIG SUPRISE! THE NY TIMES printed an anti-Bush letter.? SLC PUNK, when you do provide a source it's always from a liberal piece of shit news source or anything that can be deemed a source.? Your allegians to the leftist ideology is truly blinding.?

The Times is a legitamate, credible source.? And it WAS an editorial, so it's obviously going to have a "slant" to it.

I know you agree that for the most part American people are stupid.? If that is true, than why do you care what Bush's approval rating is?

Maybe his point is Bush has been so incompetant of late, even the supid can see it?? I kid...I kid....

? When his Approval ratings were at an all time high you were still bashing Bush and calling the American people stupid.? Now that they're at an all time low, you're refraining from calling them stupid.? You can't have your cake and eat it to man.? The American people by and large are fuckin retarded.? They don't understand dickshit about politics and the economy - just like the majority of every other person in this world.? Europeans are no more patriotic or informed than Americans; they just have a better welfare state to take care of the really dumb ones to keep their mouths shut.

I think that's a gross overgeneralization and an offensive one at that.? Many people might NOT understand the big picture, or the long term effects, but they understand what hits close to home.

Oh, and...I'd be a bit hesitant to bring up SLC's past forays into Bush Bashing...mostly because a good chunk of what he posted around and during the election has come to pass.? Not ALL of it, to be sure, but still....

? ?Our economy is outstanding ans is running twice as fast as Europe.? Our unemployment rate is at 5% while France is aroud 8% and Germany is around 11%.?

Other economic indicators are not so rosey....We're certainly not in the recession, any more, but I'd hardly say the economy was "outstanding".? Most economists say the same sorts of things...outstanding would be much too strong a word.? And most economists also say that we've not reached "critical mass" on stability of the growth trends, either.

For someone who seems to have a hint of intelligence, you're really standing in the woods and only seeing a few trees.? How would John Kerry or any other presidential candidate handled this current situation better?? Kerry wouldn't have pulled us out of Iraq and any person with half a brain wouldn't either.? The huricane relief situation wasn't handled the best it could have been, but Bush isn't directly responsible for FEMA.?

Au contraire, mon freire.? Bush IS directly responsible for FEMA.? His administration appointed the DOHS AND, consequently, the director of FEMA.? Even Bush admitted responsibility, recently.? Remember..."the buck stops here".? And it seems to me that, given the size and scope of the PROJECTED disaster, that maybe it warrented a bit of Bush's DIRECT attention, at the particular moment of crisis.

The American people like all people are easy to sway because they choose to be.? There is an overwhelming liberal bias in the media and every dipshit who wants to be mislead will be.? In two years when Bush's approval ratings are back above 50% will the American people have become dumber over that time span? The unfortunate reality for you and all other liberals is that your inane policies are only attractive to a small, vocal minority and when it's decision time the little amount of common sense left in the average American runs away like a frightened mouse.?

Did you not actually look at the results of the '04 election?? Seems the Dems got an awful lot of votes for a party with "inane policies that are only attractive to a small, vocal minority".? The country is pretty evenly split, with the "independants" and "middleists" actually being the deciding factor more than the staunch party supporters are.? The unfortunate reality, in truth, is that neither party is willing to try to find middle ground, and instead bicker like little school girls instead of using the energy to point fingers on solving problems.? And that the more militant supporters of "the party line" will do anything they can to minimize the opinions and thoughts of anyone not agreeing with them.? Sure seems like a great way to stifle the problem solving to me.

Bush has done ONE thing, during his administration, very well.  And that thing has been polorizing the country in furthering his rather narrow agenda.

? Bush is a fuck up, but name me one American president that hasn't.? Fucking up comes with the job.? It's alot easier to point the blame and switch sides when there's no personal cost involved.? That's exactly what the American people are doing now.? They want immediate results with no care or consideration for the consequences or costs.

In your opinion.? And THAT opinion IS held by a small minority of vocal supporters.? Even the members of Bush's own PARTY are criticizing him, now.? You can argue it's political strategy (and, I'm sure in large part it is), but the fact remains that there ARE THINGS TO CRITICIZE..big things.? If there weren't.....Bush's approval ratings WOULD be in the 50's.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:55:27 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 12:10:08 PM »

Where are your facts to dispute the claims made in the article?

Take a second, and actually look at what is written, can you really dispute it any longer?

The dingy named bias can't keep you guys afloat for much longer, not at a 38% approval rating, and most of that is from a shift with REPUBLICANS.

Maybe the polls are all biased too?

Just like everybody who used to work for Bush and has since spoken against him is "nuts" as well.

If you've noticed, recently, it's remarkable how much the party is starting to try to distance itself from Bush.? They know the mid-terms are only a year away, and they've no desire to attach themselves to his currently atrocious numbers....

remarkable? hardly. just as it wouldn't be remarkable to see them all up bush's ass if his approval ratings go up to 60%.

it's basic political strategy. it's really just common sense.?

Oh, I understand it's political strategy (and say as much in the last line).

But for a party that was, as you phrased it, "up bush's ass" pretty far previously, I think it IS remarkable how quickly, and completely, they've turned in the other direction.? You don't think the change is worthy of discussion?

not at all. that's par for the course. in fact, i think that anyone with intentions of running for any office in the next 1-3 years that DOES stay closely alligned with bush is more worthy of a discussion (santorum maybe.) cause that would be shocking.

even al gore distanced himself from clinton in 1999-2000. and clinton's ratings weren't even that low if i remember correctly. (which was a huge mistake on gore's part and showed how out of touch he was with the public.)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 01:15:49 PM »

I am darn tired of the yellow journalism that comes from that rag.

Same liberal rhetoric.

Only the source offends you.

Amazing really.

No actually, YOU offend me

So?

Take a number.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:19:35 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 01:18:09 PM »

BIG SUPRISE! THE NY TIMES printed an anti-Bush letter.  SLC PUNK, when you do provide a source it's always from a liberal piece of shit news source or anything that can be deemed a source.

This is false, most people here, even those who disagree with me would call this claim false.

I know what I posted, I just thought it was a good article.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:20:33 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 01:27:38 PM »

The country is pretty much split?
What a joke.
half of kerrys votes came from people who cant even spell politics.
Its called scaring people. Scaring the havenots into thinking the conservatives are the boogie man.
Which is exactly what constant pessimism does. Its anti productive, but I do hope you liberals keep it up.
because, in 2008, we will win again, and in 2012, we win, 2016.....I think you get the picture.

You either change your mindset, speak some sort of vision instead of trying to bring the country down,
or we keep winning. Simple shit really.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 01:30:23 PM »

What a joke.
Its called scaring people. Scaring the havenots into thinking the conservatives are the boogie man.
Which is exactly what constant pessimism does. Its anti productive, but I do hope you liberals keep it up.
because, in 2008, we will win again, and in 2012, we win, 2016.....I think you get the picture.

You either change your mindset, speak some sort of vision instead of trying to bring the country down,

Simple is as simple posts. Roll Eyes

Half of Kerry's votes came from people who can't spell? Please post your sources for this brillaint comment.

This country was founded on speaking out against your country, not doing so would be unpatriotic. You obviously do not support these basic principles.

Keep winning what?

You are obviously an angry right wing poster who has come back under a new user name. Almost all your posts are political. Why do you guys run away, only to return under a different name?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:32:02 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 01:38:57 PM »

What a joke.

You win only because you get the redneck areas. If liberals can't even spell politics how come the liberal party claims all the big business states such as New York? Come on now I'm not even from the States and I know this. Almost every year liberals don't win the elections they get the majority of votes none the less. No wonder the republicans won't change the voting system, they'd be trampled on every election.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 01:42:02 PM »

What a joke.

shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »

What a joke.

Simple is as simple posts. Roll Eyes

Half of Kerry's votes came from people who can't spell? Please post your sources for this brillaint comment.

This country was founded on speaking out against your country, not doing so would be unpatriotic. You obviously do not support these basic principles.

Keep winning what?

keep winning what?
Elections, thats what.
And that is about to lead to two conservative Supreme court appointees, which is more important than any Presidential election
 It turns the tide of the liberal degeneration of the constitution.
The degeneration from a party that says its ok for a thirteen year old girl to have an abortion without her parents consent, a party that says its ok to do nothing with your life, the government will take care of you, the party that says its ok to hire on the base of race alone. the party that has Ted kennedy for a spokesman and the likes of Jesse Jackson for a cheerleader.

These things will erode a society, nothing a slow president from Texas does will bring this country down. Its the new millinium, think!!!

shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 01:46:47 PM »

you tell me who you think should run this country
Republicans are RED by the way for the foriegn contingent.
The Blues ARE 'corporate' America
the same Corporate America you whine about being in Bushs back pocket, well, which is it going to be?

Theres a pattern to the liberal nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 01:50:07 PM by shades » Logged

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 01:50:12 PM »

keep winning what?
Elections, thats what.
And that is about to lead to two conservative Supreme court appointees, which is more important than any Presidential election
 It turns the tide of the liberal degeneration of the constitution.
The degeneration from a party that says its ok for a thirteen year old girl to have an abortion without her parents consent, a party that says its ok to do nothing with your life, the government will take care of you, the party that says its ok to hire on the base of race alone. the party that has Ted kennedy for a spokesman and the likes of Jesse Jackson for a cheerleader.

These things will erode a society, nothing a slow president from Texas does will bring this country down. Its the new millinium, think!!!

vs. a party that thinks the entire Muslim race is evil, doesn't give a damn about their environment, thinks America is the only country that's worth a shit, thinks the Christian religion is the only true religion, and thinks "man and the fish can co-exist peacefully" ?hihi
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 01:53:16 PM »

What about a Republican party that wants to mix raw sewage with drinking water, ease lead based paint restrictions, destroy pristine forests for oil, lessens restrictions on mercury emissions. ?So if you guys keep on winning all we will have left is a toxic waste land but hey, your winning right? ?Wrong, with this Bush Cartel we are all losing.

The Red Area is also known as Dumbfuckistan.
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 01:54:32 PM »

You two make my argument so much easier.
Ill just sit back and watch.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 02:00:32 PM »

So where is your defense for Bush's actions against the environment?  Don't have one?  You act like he has not made any mistakes, that kind of blind loyalty is dangerous. 
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »

How are we possibly making your argument easier? You give a couple of things that are wrong about the Democratic parties policies and we give you about 4/5 examples each of the Republican parties flawed policies. You are full of shit. You say a couple of things, we reply with twice the amount of arguments and you post some bullshit about us making your argument easier because you can't think of a few more flaws in the Democratic policy. Your stumped, why don't you just admit it instead of trying to act all slick, thinking you know everything. If it's so easy, why don't you go ahead and humiliate us.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »

What a joke.

I'll say this again for you, since you're new:

I'm not a Democrat. ?Registered Independant and have voted both sides of the ticket. ?I actually suspect that, if McCain runs in '08...I might vote for him over Hillary.

And your baseless accusations about "the people who voted for Kerry can't even spell politics" are just that...baseless..and laughable. Check out the exit poll numbers from the election:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

Seems the higher the education level, the LARGER the % of Kerry voters.

And citing Kerry's use of "fear tactics" is even more laughable considering one of the prime points of the Repubs was "Security" and pushing the point that Kerry couldn't keep the country safe. ?Now THATS a scare tactic.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 02:09:48 PM »

you tell me who you think should run this country
Republicans are RED by the way for the foriegn contingent.
The Blues ARE 'corporate' America
the same Corporate America you whine about being in Bushs back pocket, well, which is it going to be?

Theres a pattern to the liberal nonsense.

To be MUCH clearer:

TOTAL Vote % breakdowns (courtesy of CNN):

Bush: 51.22%
Kerry: 47.78%

Looks like a pretty close split to me....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 02:11:36 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 02:14:04 PM »

Yeah, and most of them votes were probably "better the fool we know than the fool we don't"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 02:28:02 PM »

Yeah, and most of them votes were probably "better the fool we know than the fool we don't"

Actually, if you look at the exit polls, it was that Bush was able to swing more of HIS party than Kerry was able to get Dem votes.

The dems favored Kerry, but Bush took 11% of the Dem votes to Kerry's 8% of Repub votes.  The Independant votes were almost dead even (48% to 49%).

With the dems that voted for Bush, from the exit polls I've seen, THEIR #1 issue was Security/Terrorism, followed by Economy/Jobs.

Together again,
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »

A liberal says do something about the oil situation but
claims the President sleeps with the oil execs AND drilling in Alaska will fuck the environment.
BUT has no answer

A liberal says the president should stop terrorism BUT
The war in iraq is wrong, AND thinks that capturing Bin Laden would have solved the problem....
homeland security tramples our civil rights, and taking a picture of a naked scumbag that would cut your head off and piss down your neck is violating his rights.

a liberal says that going after Muslims because MUSLIM fanatics are the ones behind the terrorist attacks is saying Christianity is the only religion.

A liberal says, well let me quote one...........
"What about a Republican party that wants to mix raw sewage with drinking water, ease lead based paint restrictions, destroy pristine forests for oil, lessens restrictions on mercury emissions. ?So if you guys keep on winning all we will have left is a toxic waste land ?"

Bush really wants all those things, he hates nature, wants us all to drink sewage, mercury? drink up people..

And A liberal thinks that agreeing with the decisions of a duly elected president means you are following blindly.
AND
most importantly, a liberal has no ideas of his own,
he was born to bitch and moan.

My grandfather always told me,
when you see a man working, you either
offer a better way, lend a hand, or shut the fuck up and stay out of his way.
Im a Republican that comes from a family of Slave owners but opened his home to two black familys after a hurricane wiped their lives out. ?He sees the past and learns from the errors of those before him, but he doesnt bash them.
God Bless America and those of us left with the good sense to remember what it was that made us the greatest country on earth in 200 short years.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: