Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR The Trunk CD is in circulation
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR The Trunk CD is in circulation  (Read 22473 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: September 15, 2005, 12:57:54 PM »

darknemus posted this at mygnr
hopefully he wont mind me post this here

Hello all,

By the way, sorry I haven't been posting lately, I have been absolutely slammed with work related stuff. However, I still read the forums and keep up on the daily wait grind, so to speak. Anyway, on to the possibly juicy stuff.

As some of you may know, I have a friend (he's also a client, but mostly a friend) who works in Florida radio. He's not on-air talent, but instead involved in the management aspect of the business. Anyway, most of any 'info' I've gotten in the past has come from this same person, as he knows 2 or 3 people who are relatively high up the food chain at Interscope. Hence why I've always clarified that my information has usually come from that side of the fence.

Anyway, in a brief phone exchange with him this morning (Mostly working out VPN issues, but I digress) he informed me that the CD that showed up at Trunk's office is "out there and it will probably get ripped soon - just depends on who wants to take the plunge". We spoke a bit more about it and my friend says that as far as Interscope is concerned, there's not alot of concern over said disc possibly making the rounds. However, he thinks legal would probably take a totally different approach on it.

Who knows - I do know that some greedy radio folks have been holding on to Off the Air DAT tape recordings of Trunk's broadcast that night. I'm fairly certain that, within the upper echelon of the GNR trading circles, that whole recording is out there. I still think the best part of that recording was the 20 minutes AFTER IRS was played, as the comments were, well, raw, unrehearsed, and real. (Yes, I've heard the broadcast on DAT.. no, I don't have a copy.. if I did, trust me, you'd be seeing yousendit links. Maybe posted by Biff Tannen, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Alright, I'm out. Make of this what you will - it probably again pans into nothing, but we shall see.

-darknemus
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 01:08:05 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 01:06:59 PM »

I don't mind, but I'd take my name out of the title.  It might irk some people Smiley

Peace out,

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 01:13:09 PM »

Dark, answer to my PM, thanks Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 03:42:29 PM »

I knew there was likely more copies of this CD. How else would Mike Piazza just casually recieve a copy and then turn out to be the only person thats not a producer, etc. It doesnt add up. I dont believe Mike got it in fan mail, however. Axl or another higher up that knew Mike is a GNR fan gave it to him.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 03:56:32 PM »

I still think the best part of that recording was the 20 minutes AFTER IRS was played, as the comments were, well, raw, unrehearsed, and real.
What do you mean?/What was said?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 06:06:14 PM »

Younggunner, you took the words out of my mouth.  Good question.  I remember alot of this story vaguely, were there any other songs played that night on Trunk?  Were they immediately told to stop it that night?  Someone please refresh my memory.

-Axl4Prez2004

PS  Thank you Dearknemus   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »

I am curious if the other songs on the tracks are also making the rounds.......

why would the label not be worried about this? Have they given up?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 06:22:18 PM »

Trunk said he liked the other rocker on the disc best.

Maybe the folks went on listening the whole demo cd then and didn't put it on air?
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »

Yeah, to clarify, guys.  Only one track was played.  Supposedly, there were six on the disc.  3 w/ lyrics, and 3 instrumental versions of the same tracks.  The 'after the song was played' stuff I was referring to were the callers.. most of who were like "Uhh, was that Guns n' Roses??" - that was cool.  And Trunk said good things about Axl, so that was nice.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 06:36:28 PM »

Wow. I'd give my left arm for that CD. And I wouldn't be able to play guitar then, so that's a big deal...

SG
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 07:00:52 PM »

we need to track this disc down

T.T.
?.?.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 07:08:30 PM »

if it really is out there im guessing eventually it will come out...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 07:14:07 PM »

Just give it time it will surface. I knew and I'm guessing Axl and management knew that once the Trunk show was aired there is no stopping it from surfacing on the internet it would just be a matter of time. Just a little patience!  hihi

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 07:25:14 PM »

I am not confident it would surface. If anyone has gotten hold of it, it is probably those who tend not to release material to the public.....if you catch my drift.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 07:35:26 PM »

Just give it time it will surface. I knew and I'm guessing Axl and management knew that once the Trunk show was aired there is no stopping it from surfacing on the internet it would just be a matter of time. Just a little patience!  hihi

New quote from axl on CD "ive been walking the streets at night, just to get it right"

Dunno bout you guys, but CD seems to have taken over his life.

html sucks
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

Maybe the record company aren't too concerned as the songs to be released on the record have since been updated and/or replaced  Huh
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 11:07:11 PM »

Maybe the record company aren't too concerned as the songs to be released on the record have since been updated and/or replaced? Huh

But the trouble is, if a leak is widespread, then the song holds no value for future legitimate releases.

For example, releasing "Madagascar" as a single would be pointless now because people heard the song 3 years ago and consider it old.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 11:08:47 PM »

I am not confident it would surface. If anyone has gotten hold of it, it is probably those who tend not to release material to the public.....if you catch my drift.

Whoevers in possesion of the DAT either has tremendous respect for Axl or plans on waiting many years and milking it for all its worth.

Ebay in 15 years anyone?
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 11:20:40 PM »

Whoevers in possesion of the DAT either has tremendous respect for Axl or plans on waiting many years and milking it for all its worth.

Ebay in 15 years anyone?

Trade bait for the VMA Rehearsals guy?

lol
badapple81
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 02:12:48 AM »

Maybe the record company aren't too concerned as the songs to be released on the record have since been updated and/or replaced? Huh

But the trouble is, if a leak is widespread, then the song holds no value for future legitimate releases.

For example, releasing "Madagascar" as a single would be pointless now because people heard the song 3 years ago and consider it old.

Yeah I agree, but if the record company aren't too concerned, that would tell me that perhaps the songs on the CD hold no value for future releases.

And I still think Madagascar would make it, as we've only heard live versions so far, unlike say Oh My God for example which we have all obviously heard and have on the soundtrack etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: