Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  GNR promo fictional artwork
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR promo fictional artwork  (Read 9740 times)
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: September 17, 2005, 10:15:04 AM »

Hello everyone
im Tas from Greece. Being a fan of GNR for the past 12 years and a pro graphic designer, i decided to work on my final module for my Bachelors degree on a fictional promotional package for GNR. I worked for more than 2 months on everything, covering posters, stickers, envelopes, huge banners, cd artwork and postcards to list a few, all printed in expensive paper and best quality material. I just uploaded these prints to share with guns people from all over at www.studiodepress.com/samples/printed so i hope you enjoy. These are some of the final pieces. I'm not selling this work but if anyone wants to talk about other stuff or work please feel free to email me.
It would be cool if i could ever manage to show these to any of the Guns team people, just because of all the work and time i have put into this. All work is followed by a 2000 word essay on the ideas and influences behind this work, which basically is the 1989 movement in China and demand for a free, democratic goverment. This is how i believe Axl sees the new album.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:55:59 AM »

Looks nice! ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 03:55:19 PM »

wow!  Shocked

that work is really amazing, dude, congratulations!!!  yes
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 08:45:26 PM »

That is fuckin' amazing.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
nyd
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 06:15:43 PM »

I agree, some exceptional work their, someone should send the URL to Merck
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 06:59:35 PM »

cool work, i especially like the hand with the rose.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 05:22:57 PM »

I agree, some exceptional work their, someone should send the URL to Merck

Well thanks for that but..who would? I have no such email and those who have it looks like they woundnt even bother. Anyhow..

t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 12:34:52 AM »

Thats fucking awesome

love those.

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »

i like the ones with axl better than the ones with random chinese icons. sometimes i think we forget that they are actually a band. i understand that its the whole chinese democracy imagery theme that you are going for, but i think it is overdone in some of them. obviously fantastic work though, seriously.

poop
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 02:05:15 PM »

fantastic?? THEY'RE BRILLIANT!! beer yes

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 02:40:42 PM »

ok Very nicely done
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 04:31:14 PM »

Well thanks for that but..who would? I have no such email and those who have it looks like they woundnt even bother. Anyhow..

Those who have it are responsible people who understand that Merck is just the manager (and also Sancutary's CEO which means he's too busy) and not the one who decides about the artwork of GNR's cd's.

They also do not bother Merck at every little instance. (well at least the responsible ones...)

If you still wanna email him, go to Sanctuary's site and contact him through there. But as I've already told you a long time ago, just because you've worked your ass off on these, doesn't mean that people have to email Merck or anyone from the GNR camp.

You chose to do them for your final module for your Bachelors degree. I hope you got your bachelors degree.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 05:21:25 AM »

Just curious (living in Finland), what is this:

Anyway, great job my friend! peace I'm studying graphic designin' and printing and have made some Gn'R -stuff also Smiley

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 02:11:37 PM »

CHRISTOS
those who have it, should also be kind enough to reply to pms, and not obviously ignore them. Especially when these emails come from the heart and the love of the work you do. But anyhow, as i have explained to you, i am part of the publicity game, i run official fanclubs and have been working in local Media for 4 years now, i know it, i know your resposibilities and i also know u have no right to be ignoring someone like this or act like someone is out for the biggest favour in the world from you. You obviously decide to keep all these contacts for yourself, since you won them fair and square with the work u do, but that's another thing. And being so skeptical with everyone is really negative. I wouldnt be sending the email myself- if u were KIND enough, you would volunteer to do it yourself. So let it be. One fuckin email.

Yes i did finish my degree, i now am on my Master's.
Kaasu, thats a poster i did for the cultural promotion project of my school, pm me if u want? Wink Helsinki is my dream-city. Been there 3 times so far.
oh.. and thanks for describing my work as an "every little instance". You rawk.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:16:04 PM by xxrosesxx » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 07:15:07 PM »

CHRISTOS
those who have it, should also be kind enough to reply to pms, and not obviously ignore them. Especially when these emails come from the heart and the love of the work you do. But anyhow, as i have explained to you, i am part of the publicity game, i run official fanclubs and have been working in local Media for 4 years now, i know it, i know your resposibilities and i also know u have no right to be ignoring someone like this or act like someone is out for the biggest favour in the world from you. You obviously decide to keep all these contacts for yourself, since you won them fair and square with the work u do, but that's another thing. And being so skeptical with everyone is really negative. I wouldnt be sending the email myself- if u were KIND enough, you would volunteer to do it yourself. So let it be. One fuckin email.

Both me and Jarmo have answered your pm's, what you didn't like was the answer.

I have every right to give you a negative answer. Just because YOU or someone who liked your work thinks I should email Merck, it doesn't mean that I should do it immediately.

I did not decide to keep the contact for myself, I just don't like to bust people's balls at every little instance. And I'm sorry if you don't like it but there are millions of fans out there, you're not the only one who has done some work inspired by the band, all you need to do is lurk around the internet for a while or keep visiting this forum for 3-4 years and you'll see that you're not the only designer out there that has done something like this.

So yes, it's every little instance.

xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 04:44:17 AM »

you'll see that you're not the only designer out there that has done something like this.

A complete promotional package with different covers and applications? Don't think so. Not just a cover.
Thing is as i said, and everyone noticed, is that for sure you did not HAVE to send him an email. Nobody forced you to. But there's a little thing called politeness and i am sure you are completely unaware of that. If your email contained the following lines : "Dear Merck, please check the following link. You might find it interesting" i dont think you would bust anyone's balls. So fuck it pal. Plus, you did not reply to my pm offering my help to your club, in which i explained in detail that i would love to help u out.
There could be millions of fans out there, but few of them use the net and even fewer could try to work on such a project and then for months try to find any kind of help so that someone from the bands' side could see it.
The person i met at Rockwave and the person who types these lines and acts like an asshole, seem to be COMPLETELY different. I really can't explain it.
Maybe you think its part of your responsibilities to act in such a rude way. But then again, your GNR work is nice, so i guess that covers it all.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 05:38:38 AM »

you'll see that you're not the only designer out there that has done something like this.

A complete promotional package with different covers and applications? Don't think so. Not just a cover.
Thing is as i said, and everyone noticed, is that for sure you did not HAVE to send him an email. Nobody forced you to.

Thank God you understand that, even for just a second... Cause in the rest of your post, you keep on complaining that I SHOULD email him and that I act like an asshole cause I decided not to and cause I explained the reasons why I wouldn't do it.

WELL, SINCE IT WAS TOO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND MY PREVIOUS POST, READ THE FOLLOWING... YOU'LL UNDERSTAND FOR SURE, AND I BET IT'LL REMIND YOU OF THE PAST.

Nobody forced you to do a "complete promotional package with different covers and applications". You decided to do it for your school.

Oh, and go and check www.gunsnroses.us, they made a whole website based on the Chinese Democracy concept... So, as I said before, you're not the only one.

But there's a little thing called politeness and i am sure you are completely unaware of that. If your email contained the following lines : "Dear Merck, please check the following link. You might find it interesting" i dont think you would bust anyone's balls. So fuck it pal. Plus, you did not reply to my pm offering my help to your club, in which i explained in detail that i would love to help u out.

You know me for how long? 2 years...? You asked me to book a gig for your band in my town and when I couldn't do that you acted like a complete jerk. I still have the emails if anyone's interested, even though they're in Greek. 3 months later you acted like nothing happened, and I had no reason to be an asshole to you, even though you REALLY deserved that.

Jarmo can provide your "polite" answer when he refused to give you Merck's email or email him for you (he did however tell you how to get in contact with him). So stop talking about politeness just cause noone HERE knows who you are.

Then out of the blue (and at the exact time when you "released" your "promo" work to the public and 2 17-year olds at the Greek GNR forum told you that I SHOULD EMAIL MERCK, which without shame you also used to try and convince Jarmo) you offered your help for the Greek fan club. Yeah, that was so all-luck... Just another co-incidence... But, unlucky you, I don't believe in co-incidences.

Earlier this year when I asked your help with graphics you said that you get paid by the hour (and don't deny that cause I keep all emails from the past 3 years). Well, I don't get paid by the hour for running the fan club, so thanks but I'm not interested in your "help".

There could be millions of fans out there, but few of them use the net and even fewer could try to work on such a project and then for months try to find any kind of help so that someone from the bands' side could see it.
The person i met at Rockwave and the person who types these lines and acts like an asshole, seem to be COMPLETELY different. I really can't explain it.

I never called you an asshole (like you just did) but then I guess I'm the one who's not aware of the word "politeness"

The reason you're not getting any help from me AND EVERYBODY READ THIS CAUSE I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT is cause someone from a MAJOR Greek record company told me that you had the email of another band's manager (from one of the MANY fan clubs you run, and I won't get into this...) and you kept on busting his balls. Then the manager called the record company and complained about you and I eventually found out about it.

I would be the MOST IRRESPONSIBLE person in the world to know this, and give you Merck's email or even point him at you.

If that's not enough reason for everyone, then I won't bother answering this thread anymore.

Maybe you think its part of your responsibilities to act in such a rude way.

My responsibility is to protect the trust that I have received from other people. Unfortunately that's something you can't understand. My intention was not to reveal all that I knew in this post, but you just can't shut the fuck up and keep telling people "how rude they are" just cause they told you NO (it's not the first time you do it to me so I guess I should have known better).

Well, I guess some people can't take "NO" for an answer and obviously you're one of them.

But then again, your GNR work is nice, so i guess that covers it all.

My work for GNR comes from the love for this band. This is the reason I've spend TOO much money for the Greek Fan Club. I never did anything just to get in contact with the band. I owe my life to GNR's music and that's the sole reason I've done everything I've done and I've spent all the money I've spent. Nothing more.

Do not, even for one second, try and compare my love for GNR with your work. Instead, try to explain to everyone why you run at least 3 fan clubs for different bands.

What I got in return for my love and work was the trust of some people which, as I said earlier, I do not plan to betray.

I'll only leave this thread open for Jarmo to answer. If he doesn't care to answer he can lock it...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 07:27:09 AM by Christos AG (AKA christls) » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 08:07:35 AM »

You asked me to forward your work to management, I said no. It's very simple, I don't feel comfortable in doing that.

I don't feel sorry for you for doing all this work and not getting the recognition you crave so much. So you can't really use that aspect on me either. I mean, nobody forced you to do it.

I told you, if you want to contact people you'll have to find out how to on your own. That answer wasn't good enough for you.

I dont know you and I don't know anything about you. I'm not gonna start e-mailing people to get in touch with you just because you think I should. Get it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 02:51:52 PM »

ook let start .
I have tried for several different times to be a friend of friendly to you. If you do ask out there about me, people will tell you who i am. How open i am in offering my help in people when they ask. It's sad cause it was too late for me to find out sometime ago that you are not the same kind of person. You are someone clearly insecure about his achievements and possibly his life, although i do not know you well personally.
Unfortunately, you don't know who you are talking to. You probably think this -sending my work link- is too important for me. No pal, cause ive done more work than this and produce a lot daily.
What you also dont get are those different times i tried to reach out and talk to you. You are completely insecure about people contacting you, thatyou think everyone is out to benefit from you. No dude, i am who i am, thank god, kind and generous and never talk about the help i offer. You asked for my help in contacting EMI and now u go on saying someone talked about me there? Wtf are you talking about ?
You clarify this my friend, I RUN the official Greek Fanclub for the 69 EYES and i help in running the greek clubs of Nightwish and HIM with my girlfriend and a team of people. Those fanclubs are the most active and most organised ones for more than 4 years, with more than 18 themed events and collaborations for official release parties with those labels. Do you actualy here try to use these to build a case for you? Do you actually say people told you i have been busting the balls of a manager? I challenge you to provide me with emails or information of these people because what you say is a lie and you know it. The only email i can think of, you mention, is the email of HIM manager which i havent emailed in almost 2 years. I have a great collaboration with him and all other people at EMI. You really try to present me as the immature brat and yourself as the responsible adult? Who do you think you're dealing with pal? I challenge you to present emails or anu kind of information to back up this amazing story of yours or else you should apologise right here. Me calling you an asshole in a momenet of anger, does not give you any right to make up stories. I did not use anything that anyone could have told me about you, against you. I only talked about the kind of treatment i had from your side.

Something else too. All of those clubs i run are for free. No membership fees and only money from my own pocket. Ask around i say, ask didi music.. they will gladly tell you.
As a recent example i should tell you that i payed more than 200 eyros to setup an entire fanclub stand place at the Terra Vibe area for 69 EYES, just because i wanted to and loved every minute of it. me and all those people who help in the fanclub.
About charging for my designs:
All graphic designers charge by the hour. At least in Greece. You asked not for "help", not used the word help. You asked for designs/posters for future events of yours. Why the fuck should i do these for free to you or anyone? I am a proffesional and have studied 5 years of my life to be in the possition to charge for my art and make money. So whats up with that? If you told me you could not pay, i would do one for you for free, and i will still do. But thats another thing. I never considered doing any of my designs for free, neither you did ever mention that. You asked about how much i charge.
About my band. It was a lame band, a lame effort i tried to book gigs for. You said you could help. You dissapeared for months and i had no news. I was under pressure from the people in it to book a gig. Once the LA Guns thing was over and we couldnt play, I was always kind and extremely polite when calling you. then i emailed you, and got no reply. Unfortunately as this might be weird to you, i acted like nothing happened because i was glad to be a member of your board and appreciate your work. Why else would i?  But DUDE! Stop being afraid of your own shadow. ME contacting you for offering my help HAD NOTHING TO DO with posting a stupid thread about the work i did. How can these 2 link together? Is this why then you didnt reply? You think im sucking up on u? Or why is that you forget i have offered my help twice more in the past before that? And not on designs man. DESIGNS are charged. I meant the part of organising an event or contacting a local club or anything like that.
If i were in your case and anyone else, i would love to help someone from my own country and present his efforts to someone from the management. And in case something would go well with this, i would be proud i helped and that this person would be from my own country.

I cant explain why i run 3 fanclubs as you say. Probably cause music is my life but not the music of only one band. Im no sicko or obsessed fan. I run the HIM fanclub cause i used to like HIM, i run the 69 eyes one cause i love that band and i run Nightwish fanclub to help my girlfriend although i am no big fan. That's the bottom line, no conspiracy theories, no financial businesses. Thats it. I have given so much effort in these, so much time that could sum up to be triple the time u dedicate

i Do understand that Christos. I have been working with bands and dealing with Media people since 2001. And you know it. and the work i do.
So apart from all these, i dont want to make an enemy here. You dont want to send the email? fuck it. but honestly, before ending this here, i am here waiting for proof on what you said. About me being unresponsible and busting the balls of a manager. Maybe - if someone from EMI mentioned anything like this- did not inform you on the crazy situation i face with my gf from a sicko who by opening his own HIM fanclub, he stole my contacts, accused me to the HIM management and everywhere about stealing money and maybe that was not mentioned. That i tried for months to defend my honour and that i contacted HIM management to resolve this. And that i had to cancel the 8-euros per year fee so that this asshole would shut the fuck up.
So Chris, stop being afraid of reaching out to people. I have had similar cases, i know the feeling. People have tried to suck me up and use me to get closer to one band. To get backstage and all that. I am NOT one of these cases. I replied once to this thread here to point out that i just cant reach the management and possibly get some help. I did not get any, so its over. In my honour as a man, i tell to you and Jarmo that i did not want to contact the managemet to establish any kind of connection or use you 2 for this. You are the only people i were told you have his email and i tried to give it a shot and not let this work go away like this. I do not "crave"for recognition. I just worked a lot on these. I am sure more people have done stuff like that but i dont care about that, you wouldnt care if it was your work, and dont know if they have tried or wanted to present it or show it to anyone. I gave it a shot and thought it would be much easier. It didnt and thats where it got out of hand.
I grew up with the likes of Hanoi Rocks, GNR, The Mission and The Cult. These are the most important bands for me. I am sorry GNR is not the top priority for me.
Chris i did not offer my help to use you and you know it. Once you realise, i will be expecting an apology or a phonecall. I am who i showed you in person. Not the spoiled brat you present me as.  Take care.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 08:49:31 PM »

So, I'm a sicko and obsessed fan cause I run ONLY 1 fan club, I'm a liar cause I told you what I've been told by someone who works at a record company and I'm insecure cause I couldn't book a gig for your band, a band that noone knew in this city and no promoter wanted to book even though I tried.

All of my answers can be found at my previous post. Do not expect an apology from me as I don't owe you one. I will not reveal the guy's name, I just explained to you why I don't trust you with such an important contact. Trying to make me look like a liar will not make me trust you more...

I tried to help you with your band, unfortunately nothing happened, and you reaction was one of the worst ones I had to face. That's when I didn't want to have to do anything else with you. At Rockwave you came and said hi and as a polite person I talked to you. That doesn't erase your reaction in the past.

i dont want to make an enemy here

You should really try harder... You only have 5 posts on this board and you've turned the people you asked help from against you really easily...

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: