Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:41:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  something funny from Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: something funny from Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam  (Read 6085 times)
parisrocks
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:47:26 AM »

Source: 96.5 the Buzz (Kansas City)

The new Pearl Jam record has been long delayed and now might be released early next year, when asked to confirm, Jeff Ament had this to say. . .  " I can't say for sure.  All is know is that'll definately come out before Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy comes out."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 11:36:54 AM »

one hand it's good most people in the rock world know that there is an axl rose album, on the other it suck everyone sees the damn thing as a big joke..
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 11:40:22 AM »

i liked pearl jams first two albums, thats it.

BUT.....

u gotta love these bands that first of all, release albums, and second of all, keep up some kinda communication with their fans.

Axl should have released an album in 1999. then another one could have come in 2002. the third should have been here this year or early 2006. why not, thats what artists do. u dont wanna over-do it, but you certainly dont want to under do it.

right now, GNR is a joke, or atleast Axl is a joke to the rest of the world.
crazycanadian
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 11:41:15 AM »

Ha Ha thats Funny Grin But yet so true beer
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:46:45 AM »

it'll come out before chinese democracy, sure, but if its anything like the other PJ albums of the last ten years then i know which id rather wait for.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 11:49:29 AM »

it'll come out before chinese democracy, sure, but if its anything like the other PJ albums of the last ten years then i know which id rather wait for.

I don't wait for either.

But it's nice to have new albums from one of my all time favorite bands.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 12:11:06 PM »

You know I haven't really been into Pj since HS with ten.. But how come everyone starts to knock the band/material because one guys says something in a joking way.. Lighten up, it was a joke..

Pj has been pretty damn loyal to their fans over the years, that's something that is important
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 12:13:24 PM »

I don't wait for either.

But it's nice to have new albums from one of my all time favorite bands. Cool

/jarmo

i dont think ill ever experience that

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 12:13:56 PM »

I like GNR better but when it comes to consistency and appreciation for the fans, Pearl Jam may be the best in the world. Hell they even officially release live bootlegs. Pearl Jam may be the best band of the past fifteen years.

poop
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 12:14:12 PM »

Pearl jams last few albums since no code have sucked but they still ?put on great live shows. ?But with Jeff saying this, I guess he is waiting for CD just like us. I would laugh tho if CD comes out first.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 01:02:51 PM »

Pearl jams last few albums since no code have sucked but they still  put on great live shows.  But with Jeff saying this, I guess he is waiting for CD just like us. I would laugh tho if CD comes out first.

I dunno if it's a case of him "waiting" for axl's album but more of a fact that within the industry the albums recording process has become a huge joke , ya know?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 02:17:27 PM »

I dunno if it's a case of him "waiting" for axl's album but more of a fact that within the industry the albums recording process has become a huge joke , ya know?

I think you might be onto something there Saul...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 03:07:24 PM »

I think you might be onto something there Saul...

It?s only a joke to people like you. No one bitches when Trent or Maynard take forever to put out their albums for Tool and Nin.  CD is one of the most anticipated albums ever. Jeff can joke all he wants that the new PJ album will be out before CD but the new PJ album like their last few will be more of the same boring crap. Axl could learn one thing from PJ  and that is put every show on CD-r that you can buy after the show or online.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 04:36:41 PM »

i seen pearl jam a week and a half ago they kicked ass best show ive ever seen and yes better than velvet revolver. and yes it cool that you can go home after the show download the show you just seen and have it for ever, keeps the show fresh in your memory, and it good quality. I hope that guns n roses will do this when they (IF) tour

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 04:42:15 PM »

Jeff can joke all he wants that the new PJ album will be out before CD but the new PJ album like their last few will be more of the same boring crap.

You can whine all you want, many of us actually enjoy the albums people like you label as crap.

Funny how it's always the same with some of you. One artists says something about Chinese Democracy and you'll have to make yourself feel better by posting shit about their crappy albums.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 04:55:45 PM »

Jeff can joke all he wants that the new PJ album will be out before CD but the new PJ album like their last few will be more of the same boring crap.

You can whine all you want, many of us actually enjoy the albums people like you label as crap.

Funny how it's always the same with some of you. One artists says something about Chinese Democracy and you'll have to make yourself feel better by posting shit about their crappy albums.? hihi

/jarmo

Point is other artists should talk about other bands albums when their own albums are not that good anymore.? And sure some people may have enjoyed PJs last few albums but the people that like the albums are getting fewer and fewer, most die hard PJ fans admit their last album was really bad. You could turn it around and say those artist have to bash Axl and CD to make themselves feel better about their band and crappy last few albums right?  ok
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 04:58:25 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 04:57:32 PM »

OFF TOPIC:
Pearl Jam have an FUCKING COOL FAN CLUB, called TEN I guess... they keep in touch with the fans a LOT!
PJ will be playing here in Brazil for the FIRST TIME in November, and guess what, 80% was because an ONLINE PETITION OF THEIR FANS... that petition made them realize "woww, we have a lot of fans out there" ... and Eddie saw the petition in his hands and said "wtf, why didn?t we play there before, let?s do it!"

cool hun? ?Grin

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 05:21:19 PM »

It?s only a joke to people like you.

And to Jeff Ament, Dexter Holland, his former bandmates and countless others...

No one bitches when Trent or Maynard take forever to put out their albums for Tool and Nin.?

So?

Funny how it's always the same with some of you. One artists says something about Chinese Democracy and you'll have to make yourself feel better by posting shit about their crappy albums.  hihi

/jarmo

For sure, classic reactionary behavior.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »

You could turn it around and say those artist have to bash Axl and CD to make themselves feel better about their band and crappy last few albums right?? ok

I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam aren't writing albums to please the masses like you'd like them to. Besides, I'm not sure the fans or the band agree with your statements about the crappy albums.

They're not bashing Axl, I'm sure Jeff Ament couldn't care less.

You really shouldn't take these jokes so personal every time and attack the bands who make them.

/jarmo

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 05:24:38 PM »

That is my point. They take forever to put out albums and you dont hear their fans crying about it. Axl gets a bad rap for the crap that slash and duff talk about him.  It wont be long now, so certain people wont be able to take cheap shots at axl anymore.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: