Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  "Whites Only" alive and well in Alabama
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Whites Only" alive and well in Alabama  (Read 22512 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« on: September 19, 2005, 07:26:44 PM »

http://steveaudio.blogspot.com/2005/09/sweet-home-alabama.html

A damn shame  rant

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 12:02:34 AM »

Wow, this is unreal. I mean...really.

I'll make sure not to give them any of my money anymore.

EDIT: I'm suprised none of our regulars haven't come forward to condone this yet.......
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 02:57:29 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:45:13 AM »

Wow, how sad is that?

I thought those were gone when South Africa decided it wasn't a good idea after all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 07:48:39 AM »

The south will always be the same. I've lived in S.C four years, and although racism is not as extreme as this, it'll never change.

I can't beleive something like this still goes on in the 21st century.  no
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 07:55:50 AM »

I can't believe what I just read! And that people would be that stupid and ignorant to not realise it wouldn't take long for legal action!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 09:59:39 AM »

That's Disgusting...  no. What's the use of legal action? Peoples attitudes never change...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:02:34 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 10:05:20 AM »

That's Disgusting...? no. What's the use of legal action? Peoples attitudes never change...

I realise and agree.. but its just so naive and dumb to think they could get away with this.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 10:16:53 AM »

Guess I won't be buying any Tyson products anymore.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 11:48:16 AM »

Assholes, what a disgrace. I hope the bastards that run that company are boycotted, put out of business and bankrupt.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

Bitches. Just a bunch of racist bitches.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 05:56:48 PM »

unbelievable Huh

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Kitano
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 06:02:59 PM »

I think we should wait until we hear both sides of the story before we jump to any conclusions about people. ?As we have seen in the GN'R lawsuits it's pretty normal for one side to make pretty outrageous allegations to further their case.

The issue seems to be that some employees had a private bathroom that was locked and only they had a key. ?Why would have have put up a "whites only" sign if the door was locked and no one else could get in anyway? ?As for some employees setting up a private break room, I've seen this kind of thing happen before in a business I worked at a while ago. ?There was a fridge that everyone used to keep their lunch in and there was a serious problem with food being stolen so some employees got their money together and bought a small fridge and kept it locked and just for themselves.

It's not unusual for cliques to form at large businesses and for these people to spend their time together, it's not a sign of racism.

I don't know what the truth is in this. ?Maybe there was bigotry and if there was then they deserve to pay or maybe it's the cracker barrel case and it's greedy lawyers trying to screw a some money out of a big business.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 06:45:53 PM »

Best wait to get the entire story on slavery too before making an assumptions....
Kitano
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 06:48:26 PM »

Best wait to get the entire story on slavery too before making an assumptions....

So if you're going to believe on side of a lawsuit no doubt you think Axl is a lying money grabbing scumbag?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 06:58:26 PM »

So if you're going to believe on side of a lawsuit no doubt you think Axl is a lying money grabbing scumbag?

Huh?

I believe that in Kentucky this kind of racist shit happens, yes.

Ever stopped for gas in central Florida? Racist shirts, hats, bumper stickers for sale etc. Same stupid ass rednecks breeding  and having more stupid racist rednecks that think the same way.
Kitano
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 01:28:56 PM »

Huh?

Ever stopped for gas in central Florida? Racist shirts, hats, bumper stickers for sale etc. Same stupid ass rednecks breeding? and having more stupid racist rednecks that think the same way.

No big business would tolerate this.  Even if they thought this way they wouldn't want the legal liability in a lawsuit. 

There is a big difference between what goes on in a gas station in the butt crack of nowhere and in a major business.  If you've ever working for a major company you'll know they're very politically correct in order to cover their asses.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 01:30:46 PM »

Huh?

Ever stopped for gas in central Florida? Racist shirts, hats, bumper stickers for sale etc. Same stupid ass rednecks breeding  and having more stupid racist rednecks that think the same way.

No big business would tolerate this. 

All kinds of shit happens, I do not doubt it for a minute. If enough people went to the trouble to get a lawyer.....you think they ALL are lying here?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 01:43:39 PM »

Kitano, only a racist or racist sympathizer would want to hear both side of this arguement.  It's wrong no matter how you look at it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »

Kitano, only a racist or racist sympathizer would want to hear both side of this arguement. 

If the white hood fits......
Kitano
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »

Kitano, only a racist or racist sympathizer would want to hear both side of this arguement.? It's wrong no matter how you look at it.

An allegation has been made and I would like to hear the response.  You are onbviously lacking in critical thinking skills, you believe whatever you're told.  It's not going to be a help to you in your life.

If what they say happened is true then they have been gravely wronged.  I'd like to see some proof outside of an unsubstantiated allegation before i condemn anyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: