Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:35:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Country you MOST Want to Visit!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Country you MOST Want to Visit!  (Read 26708 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2005, 12:16:44 PM »

India

You'd be welcome at the jungle. Er, literally...  Grin
My father in law did his Peace Core in India, and he wants to take me back there one of these days.  Hopefully sooner than later.  I have heard nothing but good things.

Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful place to visit. Most foreigners can't cope with the vastly different life styles and the climate etc. Guaranteed it'll be a visit to remember.  ok

Fuck 'Em All.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 12:27:21 PM »

Chile, specifically Rapa Nui (Easter Island)

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2005, 12:38:17 PM »

China, Argentina, Mexico, Australia, Japan and Sweeden since I've recently met a gorgeous girl from a little town called Ystad. The pictures of that harbour are absolutely stunning.

cool that you want to visit Mexico , where are you from?

i would like to go to Finland and to Japan , is someone here from Finland? is it cool ? the reality its that i dont know much about the country but it looks pretty cool.

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2005, 12:40:46 PM »

Can't understand why everyone is so afraid of going to America?  Outside of certain parts of the inner cities it isn't anymore dangerous than Europe.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2005, 12:57:17 PM »

is someone here from Finland?

Yes, but I don't live there.

is it cool ?

Oh yeah, especially in the winter.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »

Can't understand why everyone is so afraid of going to America?? Outside of certain parts of the inner cities it isn't anymore dangerous than Europe.

It's funny.  My step dad is from Australia.  He says the first time he set foot in the US, he expected to see every man, woman, and child packing heat, wearing cowboy boots, and shooting off their 6 guns into the air (not literally, but that was the sort of "impression" he'd been left with).

We're sorta portrayed as a very violent, uncouth society by the media of much of the rest of the world.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2005, 01:46:59 PM »

I'll  be in Chile next year somewhere in Febrary for 2 weeks then I expect to be in Argentina and the carnival in Brazil  Grin

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »

USA, Spain, Brazil, Italy, Finland, Russia and Japan Smiley

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2005, 02:18:35 PM »

Its pure ignorance Pillferk.  Our media is horrible at portraying how America really is.  However, that problem is shared by every other nation on earth.  But such is life.

People need to educate themselves on other nations.  You can't expect CNN to do it for you.  They are only trying to sell you a product...which is manufactured news.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 02:23:56 PM »

Its pure ignorance Pillferk.? Our media is horrible at portraying how America really is.? However, that problem is shared by every other nation on earth.? But such is life.

People need to educate themselves on other nations.? You can't expect CNN to do it for you.? They are only trying to sell you a product...which is manufactured news.

I agree, to some extent.  It's a very common type of ignorance, to boot.

I will say, once he got here and realized what the country was REALLY like...well...he's still here YEARS later. Smiley

I would say that we, in this country, are largely just as guilty in relation to other countries.  Depiction of the former USSR, for example, in our media back in the 80's gave us a very distorted picture of what that country was really like.  Ditto on many other countries.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2005, 02:28:35 PM »

I forgot to add how our media misrepresents other nations.

A very politically uncorrect example would be South Africa in the 1980's.  It was assumed that every black person was being tortured...however SA actually had problems keeping black immigrants out of the country.  Now that the country has dipped into becoming one of the most violent countries in the world, our media never really talks about it anymore.  Aparteid wasn't right, I am not trying to say that.  But what they did to try to change the country worked to the benefit of nobody.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2005, 02:42:24 PM »

China, Argentina, Mexico, Australia, Japan and Sweeden since I've recently met a gorgeous girl from a little town called Ystad. The pictures of that harbour are absolutely stunning.

cool that you want to visit Mexico , where are you from?

i would like to go to Finland and to Japan , is someone here from Finland? is it cool ? the reality its that i dont know much about the country but it looks pretty cool.

I'm from Spain.

The reason why I'd like to visit Mexico is because mexicans are the warmest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I do business with them pretty much every day with them and I'm yet to find a rude mexican. I've been invited like 20 times already so I guess I'll accept one invitation one of these days. I wouldn't want to visit D.F. though, I'd feel kinda overwhelmed amongst 20 million people there.

That will have to wait though. My next trip is to America sometime next year to catch up with old friends.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2005, 03:19:31 PM »

i want 2 visit Morroco and Spain (again). Spain is a really gr8 country 4 holiday especially in the Costa Del Sol belt. i want 2 c California.

as 4 those that want 2 visit the UK, its bullshit and pointless.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2005, 03:59:32 PM »

i want 2 visit Morroco and Spain (again). Spain is a really gr8 country 4 holiday especially in the Costa Del Sol belt. i want 2 c California.

No way 22 Acacia Avenue it's all  peace

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2005, 04:11:50 PM »

and you think that you being negative will make it any better?...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 04:45:15 PM »

ruining the thread with complaints about peoples choices is uselss and boring!!

I would love to see the UK.  It would be so different to Australia! I am very interested in seeing how different, or even the same, things are over seas. Australia, despite how it seems, is very sheltered from many things I believe, both good and bad things.  So I would love to see some really different things over seas!!!  yes

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Evolution
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2005, 04:55:26 PM »

I wanna visit The Great White North, no not SLCPUNK's hair but Canada
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2005, 05:42:35 PM »

I've been able to visit England and France.

I still want to visit South Africa(Durban mainly), Switzerland, Austalia, Italy, Scotland, Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand and Spain.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
badapple81
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2005, 06:11:41 PM »

Can't understand why everyone is so afraid of going to America?? Outside of certain parts of the inner cities it isn't anymore dangerous than Europe.

It's funny.? My step dad is from Australia.? He says the first time he set foot in the US, he expected to see every man, woman, and child packing heat, wearing cowboy boots, and shooting off their 6 guns into the air (not literally, but that was the sort of "impression" he'd been left with).

We're sorta portrayed as a very violent, uncouth society by the media of much of the rest of the world.

Quite funny, we get the same here, people expect to see Kangaroo's running around the streets  Cheesy
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »

Quite funny, we get the same here, people expect to see Kangaroo's running around the streets? Cheesy

Is it true that there are more kangaroos in Australia than people?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: