Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Country you MOST Want to Visit!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Country you MOST Want to Visit!  (Read 26712 times)
badapple81
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2005, 07:40:17 PM »

Quite funny, we get the same here, people expect to see Kangaroo's running around the streets  Cheesy

Is it true that there are more kangaroos in Australia than people?

According to http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html our population (July 2005) is around 20 million.

Estimates of the Kangaroo population have varied a lot, from 15 to 32 million, so it's very likely.

New Zealand's 45 million sheep outnumber the country's human population by more than 11 to one, hence the many sheep shagging jokes we throw New Zealand's way? hihi
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2005, 08:50:55 PM »

I dunno if I would like to go to N America!!? it sounds SOOO scary!!! I would LOVe to visit canada!!!? Grin

We are a violent country indeed.

Don't drive any rental cars down in Miami!

You really are a self loathing American.  America is no more violent than any other nation.  I've been alive for 23 years and have never been raped, mugged, shot, stabbed etc.  My father was just recently assaulted BY A VIOLENT FELON IN THE PRISON where my father is a supervisor.  Point being, we have crime just like every other country.  My friend was mugged in Prague while I was not so much as threatened while in downtown NYC.  Someone should do a comparitive study comparing the assault and mugging rates between the other nations mentioned - they'll be extremely close or higher than America.  America is a great country and no one should be detered from coming here.  This isn't the wild west and you won't find trouble unless you go looking for it. 

I'd love to visit England, Italy, Greece and Austraila, but Germany is definitely my first choice.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2005, 09:25:15 PM »

GnA, you are right to an extent.  I have never been assaulted, mugged etc....However I grew up in a suburb of a bigger city.  My family members inside the city have been victims of crime numerous times.

Outside of certain areas in our cities, America is a pretty safe place.  Inside some of our cities reveal something more like the 3rd world.  However, London is also starting to look like this.   Still though, any European big city is not nearly as bad as anything like Detroit or Gary.  That is just the blunt truth.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 09:34:38 PM by Axl_owns_dexter » Logged

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2005, 11:14:59 PM »

Can't understand why everyone is so afraid of going to America?  Outside of certain parts of the inner cities it isn't anymore dangerous than Europe.

It's funny.  My step dad is from Australia.  He says the first time he set foot in the US, he expected to see every man, woman, and child packing heat, wearing cowboy boots, and shooting off their 6 guns into the air (not literally, but that was the sort of "impression" he'd been left with).

We're sorta portrayed as a very violent, uncouth society by the media of much of the rest of the world.

Quite funny, we get the same here, people expect to see Kangaroo's running around the streets  Cheesy

We got Ice Bears and Wolves on the streets in Finland. Okay, it's not really that bad, we don't have any ice bears, but there were a couple of city-wolves earlier this year.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2005, 07:38:47 AM »

France..... Grin Very popular too!? Shocked

Seriously I would love to see S America, Germany, France, Italy, Canada, and Spain.

Most of all I'd love to visit New Zealand.

New Zeaaaaaaaaaaland.

New Zealand sucks dont go there.

Come to Australia. New Zealand is for the people that visit and say "wow......look at that paddock full of sheep......how beautiful". You do not wanna be one of those people do you?

Australia......you can walk around in thongs, a singlet........and shorts that are just a bit too short (often referred to as stubbies).

Seriously though, i wanna go to hawaii. or maybe jamaica. i had a dream of retiring to jamaica at 25. However.........that dream also invloved winning the lottery hihi

SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2005, 12:17:14 PM »

I dunno if I would like to go to N America!!  it sounds SOOO scary!!! I would LOVe to visit canada!!!  Grin

You really are a self loathing American. 

I am a smart ass American actually. Can't I make a little joke? Or will that make your American Flag go limp?

And get over dude, America is a violent country.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2005, 12:30:15 PM »

I dunno if I would like to go to N America!!  it sounds SOOO scary!!! I would LOVe to visit canada!!!  Grin

You really are a self loathing American. 

I am a smart ass American actually. Can't I make a little joke? Or will that make your American Flag go limp?

And get over dude, America is a violent country.

I think not only America nowadays the whole world is a violent place to live in, very creepy  nervous
Anyway there's always great places to visit, for example In America i would like to visit Yellowstone I wonder if I can see Yogui there  Huh

No man can be my equal
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2005, 02:26:05 PM »

hard to choose one.
america, japan, australia, colombia...

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
Surfrider
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2005, 03:20:44 PM »

Hey, I have had my wallet stolen on a train in Spain, and have had a gun pulled on me in Mexico.  Never had anything near that happen in the US.  Crime is everywhere.  It depends where you go.  Although, stats do show that most European crime is just petty and not of the violent sort.
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2005, 04:00:35 PM »

Cuba, Italy and anywhere in Britain

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2005, 04:15:58 PM »

I'd like to visit Finland, so Aava can do my makeup.
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2005, 04:20:48 PM »

I'd like to visit Finland, so Aava can do my makeup.

Anytime baby!  Cheesy

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2005, 05:35:08 PM »

I'd love to visit Germany but there are many other places, the U.K., France, Italy, Australia...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2005, 05:41:35 PM »

What about us little plump souls in Ireeeeland?

Norway, Finland, Sweden, America, Australia, and New Zeland. Theres so much beauty in the world, I'm happy to go anywhere new, apart from the places I've been. Portugal, England, Scotland, Spain, Bulgaria and Greece.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2005, 12:13:31 AM »

Norway, Finland, Sweden, America, Australia, and New Zeland. Theres so much beauty in the world, I'm happy to go anywhere new, apart from the places I've been. Portugal, England, Scotland, Spain, Bulgaria and Greece.

Anything new is exciting really. Smiley
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2005, 12:41:04 AM »

I?m just waiting for an invitation.

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2005, 08:40:35 PM »

China, Argentina, Mexico, Australia, Japan and Sweeden since I've recently met a gorgeous girl from a little town called Ystad. The pictures of that harbour are absolutely stunning.

cool that you want to visit Mexico , where are you from?

i would like to go to Finland and to Japan , is someone here from Finland? is it cool ? the reality its that i dont know much about the country but it looks pretty cool.

I'm from Spain.

The reason why I'd like to visit Mexico is because mexicans are the warmest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I do business with them pretty much every day with them and I'm yet to find a rude mexican. I've been invited like 20 times already so I guess I'll accept one invitation one of these days. I wouldn't want to visit D.F. though, I'd feel kinda overwhelmed amongst 20 million people there.

That will have to wait though. My next trip is to America sometime next year to catch up with old friends.

ohh good , im from  Mexico D.F now you have another invitation  beer, i have to say that it is alittle populated  rofl and you can feel it . 

from what part of spain are you from? i think barcelona loos pretty beautiful.

Jarmo do you have pics from Finland? places that you consider interesting or pretty?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »

I'd like to go back to the North of Ireland and see if attitudes have changed since the IRA decommissioning

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2005, 12:51:46 PM »

If anyone wants to visit Guayaquil - Ecuador, here's the site you should enter Wink
www.visitaguayaquil.com
 peace

No man can be my equal
Chris Misfit
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2005, 03:23:28 PM »

I?m just waiting for an invitation.

Paisley says NO!

You probably don't get that.

Anytime hun. Kiss
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: