Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Is Bush the worst President in recent time?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Bush the worst President in recent time?  (Read 40255 times)
Surfrider
« on: October 06, 2005, 11:43:25 PM »

Not to give the far left a platform for more anti-administration posts, but lets consider this.  I am hardly a left-winger, and I have in fact supported Bush against many attacks that I feel are just not fair.  One could make a case that he has been as bad as Jimmy Carter was, if not worse.  Here is a list of things that I can think of off the top of my head:

-Wrong in Iraq; he has completely botched the war.  His inability to defend the war has hurt our efforts tremendously

-complete inability to sell his policies or his positions to the public

-completely botched Katrina (I know Nagin and and the Governor were (are) completely incompetent, but Bush was horrible as well). 

-we have a complete fiscal mess (outside of Iraq and the Hurricanes).  He has not vetoed one bill in office; hardly fiscally conservative to any measure.

-made the most offensive, idiotic pick for the Supreme Court we have seen in our lifetime.  The worst part about it being the fact that he was ridiculed for his cronyism only three weeks ago for picking an unqualified person to head FEMA

-refuses to do anything about the border.  The biggest terror threat we have.  He sends young men to war to fight for a war that he says will protect this country, he asks for billions for airport and homeland security, yet he refuses to lift a finger, or even acknowledge, the border.

I know there are many others, and maybe others will think of more.  But those that defend Bush, I would like to see you defend these things.  I am not going to say that he went to war for oil, or that he went to war to get revenge for his father.  I am not going to say that Katrina was all his fault.  And I certainly am not going to say that he has done nothing right.  However, it does seem that he has botched many of the most important things that we have seen recently, outside of the nomination of Roberts, which I praised the President heavily for.

I am not sure if the guy is just flat out incompetent, or if he is just so arrogant that he doesn't care.  You know what the worst part about it is?  I would probably still vote for him over his two previous opponents if I had the choice again.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 12:26:40 AM »

I liked Jimmy Carter, good man.

Yes, as the comic book guy from the Simpsons would say..."worst President ever."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 12:35:35 AM »

(CBS News) Poll: Bush Ratings Hit New Low (37%)

(CBS) This CBS News Poll finds an American public increasingly pessimistic about the economy, the war in Iraq, the overall direction of the country, and the President. Americans' outlook for the economy is the worst it has been in four years. Most expect the price of gas to rise even further in the next few months.

A growing number of Americans want U.S. troops to leave Iraq as soon as possible, rather than stay the course, and the highest percentage ever thinks the U.S. should have stayed out of Iraq. When given a set of options for paying for rebuilding the hurricane-racked Gulf Coast, only one ? taking money from the Iraq War ? gets majority support.

President George W. Bush's overall job approval rating has reached the lowest ever measured in this poll, and evaluations of his handling of Iraq, the economy and even his signature issue, terrorism, are also at all-time lows. More Americans than at any time since he took office think he does not share their priorities.

The public's concerns affect their view of the state of the country. 69 percent of Americans say things in the U.S. are pretty seriously off on the wrong track ? the highest number since CBS News started asking the question in 1983. Today, just 26 percent say things are going in the right direction.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 01:02:37 AM »

He is spending money like a drunken sailor and we have a huge deficit now.

The Medicare bill that was a winner for the pharmaceutical companies not the seniors.

The "Clear skies" initiative actually had no regulation of carbon dioxide emission.

Lack of proper armor for the troops.

He is trying to do away with social security.

At what point can you defend him any longer?

The big thing is money. Once people take a hit financially, that is when they start looking for answers. With gas prices causing families to have financial problems, they are starting to ask more questions and want accountability.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 01:37:54 AM »

One could make a case that he has been as bad as Jimmy Carter was, if not worse.

Worse.

Fuck 'Em All.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 06:00:19 AM »

With gas prices causing families to have financial problems, they are starting to ask more questions and want accountability.

U should see the price of that stuff over here nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 07:27:15 AM »

He is spending money like a drunken sailor and we have a huge deficit now.

You have to compare the deficit with the long term growth associated with the spending. This is why Reagan's deficit is relatively small. Don't just look at the absolute value.

The Medicare bill that was a winner for the pharmaceutical companies not the seniors.

The best drugs are expensive. Get over it.

The "Clear skies" initiative actually had no regulation of carbon dioxide emission.

Why should it? C02 is harmless. It's not like sulfur or mercury. It's what we breathe out. Regulating C02 is a waste of time.

Lack of proper armor for the troops.

Armor gives a false sense of security. It didn't prevent the terrorists from blowing up that amphibious vehicle. Our soldiers did fine without fancy armor back in WWII. If anything, they were more careful without it!

He is trying to do away with social security.

As well as the social security tax. This would be the best thing for our country in a long time.

At what point can you defend him any longer?

What's to defend him from? Most Americans approve of Bush. Those polls can be made to say anything. They were probably taken in a liberal slum or somethig.

The big thing is money. Once people take a hit financially, that is when they start looking for answers. With gas prices causing families to have financial problems, they are starting to ask more questions and want accountability.

We have oil in Iraq for the long term future. Accountability usually leads to bureaucracy anyway. It's better just to axe the entire government program in question, like Social Security.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 07:45:45 AM »

You have to compare the deficit with the long term growth associated with the spending. This is why Reagan's deficit is relatively small. Don't just look at the absolute value.

Lol - lets hope his gamble pays off eh?

Especially with a 600% markup.....

Why should it? C02 is harmless. It's not like sulfur or mercury. It's what we breathe out. Regulating C02 is a waste of time.

You &@*% moron. U have just got no clue. I just can't think of a response for such a stupid point.

Armor gives a false sense of security. It didn't prevent the terrorists from blowing up that amphibious vehicle. Our soldiers did fine without fancy armor back in WWII. If anything, they were more careful without it!

Soldiers did fine without it? U mean the 400,000 US soldiers killed?

As well as the social security tax. This would be the best thing for our country in a long time.

Yeah long live the dream of the self made man - the poor are just lazy! nervous

What's to defend him from? Most Americans approve of Bush. Those polls can be made to say anything. They were probably taken in a liberal slum or somethig.

All of them?

Liberal slum?

Roll Eyes

We have oil in Iraq for the long term future. Accountability usually leads to bureaucracy anyway. It's better just to axe the entire government program in question, like Social Security.

nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 08:14:33 AM »

Izzy,
   You gotta understand.  Walk talks to hear himself talk.  Walk's a classic "troll", in the sense that Walk says the absolute most "sensational", extreme thing that can be said just to pompt a reaction.  Walk doesn't, it seems, believe 1/2 of what his posts say...and the other 1/2 is usually dripping with sarcasm.

Grin

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 08:17:03 AM »

IMHO, Bush is the worst president in the modern era....for all the reasons cited above and many, many more.

If a CEO had the kind of record Bush has put together, he'd have been fired by the Board or the company would be in bankruptcy.

Carter is a great man, but was a lousy president. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 08:53:30 AM »

Izzy,
? ?You gotta understand.? Walk talks to hear himself talk.? Walk's a classic "troll", in the sense that Walk says the absolute most "sensational", extreme thing that can be said just to pompt a reaction.? Walk doesn't, it seems, believe 1/2 of what his posts say...and the other 1/2 is usually dripping with sarcasm.

Grin

Oh i know, i know

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Surfrider
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 10:24:17 AM »

I am curious though, where are all of the Bush suppporters?  Tell me where I am wrong.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 11:48:17 AM »

I am curious though, where are all of the Bush suppporters?? Tell me where I am wrong.

I voted for Bush the first time around as well as the second time.? I always considered my seld a "Conservative" not a "Republican."? My Father used to tell me that a Republican has never helped the middle class.? Looking back on it now, my Father is right.?

Bush has his own agenda and does not care what anyone thinks.? Bush made the quote at a fundraiser a couple of years ago to a bunch of white collar CEOs and stated "Some people call you the elite, I call you my base."? How can a guy like me in the regular middle class appreciate that statement?

Bu$h is not a conservative.? The spending under his administration is higher than any President proceeding him.? Of course the war in Iraq is bullshit.? We have kids dying everyday.? Look at the regular citizens in Iraq losing their lives and the lives of their children.? Put yourself in their shoes.? I imagine taking my Kid to a restuarant only to lose her in a roadside bomb.

Look at what President Reagan, who was a Republican, said when he was running for election in 1980.? He asked the question "Are you better of now than you were 4 years ago?".? Now ask yourself "Are we better off now than we were 6 years ago?"? I can honestly say that most people would respond no.? I can also can honestly say that I believe that Bu$h is the worst President ever and I believe it will take at least a generation to repair the bridges that were burned with the other countries.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 12:50:35 PM »

Lol - lets hope his gamble pays off eh?

Keep the faith. Tax cuts are always helpful. We're already, right now, having better growth than Europe. When you think of gas prices now, our economy is booming, given the circumstances.

Especially with a 600% markup.....

I've worked in a biolab before. The stuff they do is expensive. Every instrument seems to cost a few thousand dollars. It's worth every penny.

You &@*% moron. U have just got no clue. I just can't think of a response for such a stupid point.

Breathe in sulfur dioxide or chlorine and your lungs will burn and melt. C02 only causes climate change over centuries, and man and nature can adapt. Big deal.

Soldiers did fine without it? U mean the 400,000 US soldiers killed?

Out of 10,000,000+? Aganst the German and Japanese Empires? Our losses were very small compared to the enemy. We knew how to get the job done.

Yeah long live the dream of the self made man - the poor are just lazy! nervous

Well, they're more likely to be obese, so it's possible that that's a factor. Most new millionaires are immigrants because they work hard, you know. Self made men built this country.

All of them?

Liberal slum?

Roll Eyes

Polls said Kerry would win. He didn't. They're not worth much these days, if they ever were.

nervous

Don't be nervous, unless you live in Europe. The oil peak is going to hit them a lot harder than it's going to hit us. There's always nuclear power, of course, but environmentalists might just get in the way of that. Hopefully not.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 12:59:58 PM »

Reagan had a horrible defecit too. I think you are confused this is long term DEBT. We owe China BILLIONS. They own our ass. We had a surplus and growth with Clinton.....

You don't understand what happened. He passed a bill that didn't allow a cap on the drugs. Thus the companies could charge whatever they want with no price cap. Not really a bill for the people huh?

Uh...ok

No parent should have to buy their child bullet proof vests on ebay because our government doesn't have the money to buy them. I guess it's all that "growth" that doesn't allow them the money.

We had a million people pay their taxes with their credit cards this year. We have one of the highest rates of bankruptcy under this president. You think Americans have any idea od how to invest money? The average American? No, they don't. We need social security. Pushing people into the private sector to be eaten up by wall street fat cats is not taking care of your people.

His approval ratings are 37 percent now. The LOWEST THEY HAVE EVER BEEN. Your comments only prove how stupid they people are (who are left) defending him.

It's about time you guys admitted that.....

I agree. Lets axe Bush!!

Looks like Delay has some insider that is gonna turn on him.

And it looks like Rove is about to be exposed for the TRAITOR that he is too. I can't wait to see the deck of cards fall when these liars, traitors, and dickheads go to jail.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »

Well said SLCPunk.

Walk, I hope you do not take your posts seriously.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 03:05:50 PM »

George W. Bush needs to fuck off the Cabinet completely

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 03:08:09 PM »

Reagan had a horrible defecit too. I think you are confused this is long term DEBT. We owe China BILLIONS. They own our ass. We had a surplus and growth with Clinton.....

Reagan's deficit is only high in absolute value, not relative. Our debt to China isn't as big of an issue as the trade deficit. People need to learn to buy American again.

You don't understand what happened. He passed a bill that didn't allow a cap on the drugs. Thus the companies could charge whatever they want with no price cap. Not really a bill for the people huh?

Price ceilings never work. They lead to shortages. This is basic economics.

Uh...ok

Yep.

No parent should have to buy their child bullet proof vests on ebay because our government doesn't have the money to buy them. I guess it's all that "growth" that doesn't allow them the money.

Did you know the kevlar helmets our soldiers use now aren't even as good as the old steel helmets they used to wear? However, the kevlar helmets are heavier. This weight makes the soldiers feel safer. When the enemy is using AK-47s and roadside bombs, armor has more of a psychological effect than anything else. Our Greatest Generation fought so fearlessly because they knew it was game over if they were hit. They were much more serious and aggressive.

We had a million people pay their taxes with their credit cards this year. We have one of the highest rates of bankruptcy under this president. You think Americans have any idea od how to invest money? The average American? No, they don't. We need social security. Pushing people into the private sector to be eaten up by wall street fat cats is not taking care of your people.

They can learn. We get 12 years of free schooling in the US. They're either lazy or Darwin award winners if they can't save their money. They would actually be better off leaving the money in a hole than social security, since social security pays negative interest over time due to inflation! So, people who save are fat cats? You need to learn to be more responsible.

His approval ratings are 37 percent now. The LOWEST THEY HAVE EVER BEEN. Your comments only prove how stupid they people are (who are left) defending him.

Popularity means nothing, even if those statistics were accurate. The word democracy once had a negative connotation. People don't understand the situation America is in now, and they blame the president out of ignorance.

It's about time you guys admitted that.....

I agree. Lets axe Bush!!

Looks like Delay has some insider that is gonna turn on him.

And it looks like Rove is about to be exposed for the TRAITOR that he is too. I can't wait to see the deck of cards fall when these liars, traitors, and dickheads go to jail.

No one's going to jail.
Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 03:12:56 PM »

no, not in recent time. more like in forever.

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »

Izzy,
   You gotta understand.  Walk talks to hear himself talk.  Walk's a classic "troll", in the sense that Walk says the absolute most "sensational", extreme thing that can be said just to pompt a reaction.  Walk doesn't, it seems, believe 1/2 of what his posts say...and the other 1/2 is usually dripping with sarcasm.

Grin

This is true, obvious, and I wonder why a troll would not be swept aside by the powers that be? Since, really, his posts are not really adding anything to the conversation and meant only to inflame others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: