Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 142973 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 11:37:51 PM »

Saw them yesterday, they were absolutely amazing and the crowd was unbelievable. My ears are still ringing 12 hours later, they sounded fanastic in every song running through every one of their classics. U lot told me it was gonna be good and i wasn't disappointed!

Yea yea yea! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I would love to see them again in a small setting like I did. Fuckin' great! When you are seeing them in concert, it hits you all of a suddem how many great songs they have! Great performers and they seem thankful at the end of the show for the fans-they really do.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

Best Leppard Record Retroactive, good rock, good melodies, good covers, good production, My fave leppard record  yes

Your right. The desert song is my fav of all time! Tight album.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2003, 05:54:07 AM »

Haven't got retroactive...that will have to be my next purchase.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2003, 02:25:01 AM »

Haven't got retroactive...that will have to be my next purchase.

Yea, tell me what you think of the desert song. Lots of songs on the album have that older sound, which I like. The desert song is like none other...it kicks ass!
axlsgrrrl
braindead and happy
Rocker

do you wanna get rocked??

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2003, 08:22:45 PM »

l saw them on the 24th...absolutely awesome... wish l'd had the money for tickets to the last UK gig.. they had a special guest for the last song of the encore...Brian May.. my mate phoned me so l could listen in...
they did Now.. and also four letter word from X when l saw them

Discourage inbreeding.... ban country music
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2003, 06:47:36 PM »

I like Ring of Fire, from retroactive but desert song is so cool!!, also from the inside is a must hearing song!  yes

No man can be my equal
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2003, 06:22:58 AM »

Damnit how good is the retro active album?! Awesome! Possibly their best album, so many great tunes and its a b sides and rareities album, wow!!! I think it will be staying in my cd player for some time to come!!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2003, 11:48:54 AM »

Damnit how good is the retro active album?! Awesome! Possibly their best album, so many great tunes and its a b sides and rareities album, wow!!! I think it will be staying in my cd player for some time to come!!!!!

Haven't pick up your fave yet?, Mine is Ring of Fire  ok

No man can be my equal
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2003, 02:30:58 PM »

Saw them yesterday, they were absolutely amazing and the crowd was unbelievable. My ears are still ringing 12 hours later, they sounded fanastic in every song running through every one of their classics. U lot told me it was gonna be good and i wasn't disappointed!

Did that guy open for them on your show too? Just a guy with tons of tats and a guitar. He was really good whoever he was. One song Vivian came out and added some electric guitar and it sounded awesome.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2003, 02:49:57 PM »

Did that guy open for them on your show too? Just a guy with tons of tats and a guitar. He was really good whoever he was. One song Vivian came out and added some electric guitar and it sounded awesome.

Yep, he's name is Ricky Warwick and Joe Elliot produced his album 'Tatoos and alibias'. He was okay but i was just there for the Leppard!!!!

As for retro active so many songs on their i like...its very differetn from their other stuff in parts, some fantastic guitar work throughout, i don't really have a fav so many to choose from , i love em all..but if i had to chose 'Miss you in a heartbeat' just does it for me. This could honestly be their very best offering only Hysteria and Adrenalize run it close. I know have all Leppard albums bar 'Slang' and 'Euphoria'...wow i built up quite a collection.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 02:57:03 PM »

I forgot about that guy!  Tongue I could have done without him.  The best part was when Vivian joined him.  ok

He's a long time friend of Joe's.

Why don't you just....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 03:06:08 PM »

I forgot about that guy!  Tongue I could have done without him.  The best part was when Vivian joined him.  ok

He's a long time friend of Joe's.

The bit where Vivian joined him was good though...i ain't a great one for acoustic songs...of course there's some u just can't not like like 'Patience' , 'One in a million' and of course various Leppard numbers!

I can't belive it two version of 'Miss you in a heart beat' damn that song is currently my fav song in the whole damn world! Both versions rock!! Really moving song.

Leppard are such a good group, if only they had kept it with their latest three releases.....Hysteria and Adrenalize were both so successfull (Hysteria's 17 million haul and apparently Adrenalize hit 12 million) Leppard were on the verge of becoming truly legendary (if they weren't already).

Leppard: please go back to rock with the next album, i want another album of retro active quality!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2003, 03:39:40 PM »

X sounds like a Backstreet Boy record.  rant  nervous  rofl

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2003, 06:31:58 PM »

Yeah i thought exactly the same, they went way of course after their greatest hits cd in 1995

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2003, 06:57:18 PM »

I borrowed that CD before I went to see them this summer and I couldn't even listen to the entire thing.  I was hoping like hell that they wouldn't play those tunes and thankfully they didn't - well, maybe one.

Why don't you just....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2003, 07:14:49 PM »

I borrowed that CD before I went to see them this summer and I couldn't even listen to the entire thing.  I was hoping like hell that they wouldn't play those tunes and thankfully they didn't - well, maybe one.

I must admit while i bought the album almost as soon as it was released i don't think i have ever listened to it all the way through......

why did they do it, they have been doing rock for 20 years so why suddenly change to this pop ballad kinda crap? Surely they are rockers at heart, i couldn't imagine playing a style of music i disliked for 20 years......

I am yet to hear from any one that liked the album......

maybe i will give it another chance sometime....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2003, 11:11:16 PM »

I kept listening to it and it grew on me. But it doesn't sound like the DF I know. I like the songs, they are well done, but not what I expected, or want to hear again. I also wonder if I would have liked the album at all ten years ago when I was 22, instead of now.

Biggest thing missing from that album...guitars!  rant
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2003, 11:23:22 AM »

Yeah guitars were deffinetly needed!

The album just lacked that attitude, there was none of those edgy rock tracks they had done so well before, and the ballads were too 'pop', Leppard are awesome at writing ballads but maybe they went too far with X......

Well with the tour now finsihed (finished on the 24th in Russia!) they must be thinking of a new album......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2003, 05:38:14 PM »

I would give you 100 dollars if you actually sat through the whole CD.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2003, 06:31:58 PM »

Would u give me a 100 dollars to listen to it?Huh

Damn

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Go Up Print