Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Type O Negative
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Type O Negative  (Read 7641 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: October 08, 2005, 03:51:59 PM »

I was wondering if Peter Steele and co have any fans on this board?

Stumbled across them a few years back - absolutely awesome stuff. For those that don't know them they do goth-metal with considerable flair. Peter Steele is almost as crazy as Axl and they have a wicked sense of humour - the albums linear notes make for hilarious reading

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:58:07 PM »

I was wondering if Peter Steele and co have any fans on this board?

Stumbled across them a few years back - absolutely awesome stuff. For those that don't know them they do goth-metal with considerable flair. Peter Steele is almost as crazy as Axl and they have a wicked sense of humour - the albums linear notes make for hilarious reading

Been a die-hard fan since 93.  Actually have a TON tattoo as well.  Met the band a few times.  They have fun poking fun at themselves and others.  Actually know Kenny hickey the guitarist, he's given me some good guitar gear pointers.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 03:59:26 PM »

Oh yea, they only make albums about every 4 years.  They just left Roadrunner records and went to SPV, so they have a new album coming out early next year. beer

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »

Oh yea, they only make albums about every 4 years.? They just left Roadrunner records and went to SPV, so they have a new album coming out early next year. beer

Roadrunner seem the least evil of all the labels around - seems strange they'd leave.

And they made 3 albums in the first 3 years of their life (u listening Axl?)

Not a massive fan of their first album - kinda miss the Dracula vocals Cry

Wots ur fav song/album? For me is would have to be the awesome October Rust, but BK, OR, WCD and LIKM are all sensational. Maybe they have a few too many filler/joke tracks or ''soundscapes'' as i heard theim described, but they always seem to manage some real classics.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 04:12:04 PM »

I've always liked Type o.. I loved christian woman and black number one.. Bloody kisses was my first album.. I need to get back into them it's been some years..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 04:16:32 PM »

Oh yea, they only make albums about every 4 years.? They just left Roadrunner records and went to SPV, so they have a new album coming out early next year. beer

Roadrunner seem the least evil of all the labels around - seems strange they'd leave.

And they made 3 albums in the first 3 years of their life (u listening Axl?)

Not a massive fan of their first album - kinda miss the Dracula vocals Cry

Wots ur fav song/album? For me is would have to be the awesome October Rust, but BK, OR, WCD and LIKM are all sensational. Maybe they have a few too many filler/joke tracks or ''soundscapes'' as i heard theim described, but they always seem to manage some real classics.

They take their time in the studio, Blood Kisses came out in which they got alot of success. ?Then they took their time with October Rust. ?My Favorite album is World Coming Down. ?My favorite song would either be In Praise of Baccus or the song "World Coming Down." ?It's no secret that they did not like Roadrunner. ?Roadrunner didn't promote them the way they needed to be promoted. ?It's good that TON signed a new deal with SPV, since Peters been griping for years about quitting. ?Petes in his mid -forties and getting a bit tired of touring. ?Check out the band "Carnivore" ?Petes pre-TON band. ?Awesome stuff, and real tongue-n-cheek lyrics. beer

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »

I would love to see them live

It seems World Coming down gets a bad press - but i think its stunning, incredibly intense - they weren't very happy when they wrote that album.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 04:45:54 PM »

Pete got out of a really long relationship which affected him and went through some addictions which are widely known during the WCD phase.  They're the only band in which i would still travel to see.  Them and Gov't Mule.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 04:51:06 AM »

The last year Peter Steele has apparently disappeared from the lime light, I was reading interviews with the rest of the band they wouldn't say what was up but it looks like he's had massive problems with drugs again

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 06:37:35 AM »

To me Type O Negative's pretty much just the album October Rust. Bloody Kisses is great, and I've even bought the latest one (Life is Killing Me), but I just don't find those albums that special.. it's good music, but that's it. October Rust on the other hand is something else, TON really reached their peak on that one. Classic stuff from start to finish, never gets old.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 02:12:47 PM »

To me Type O Negative's pretty much just the album October Rust. Bloody Kisses is great, and I've even bought the latest one (Life is Killing Me), but I just don't find those albums that special.. it's good music, but that's it. October Rust on the other hand is something else, TON really reached their peak on that one. Classic stuff from start to finish, never gets old.

Well..if u miss out the three tracks where they talk or play distortion and the other tracks which aren't more than a min long..... hihi
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:45:54 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 03:35:01 PM »

The last year Peter Steele has apparently disappeared from the lime light, I was reading interviews with the rest of the band they wouldn't say what was up but it looks like he's had massive problems with drugs again

He's had some health problems.  He actually was on the HBO show Oz awhile back playing an inmate.  He is in an underground Vampire movie coming out soon.  So he's been active, which is a good thing.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 03:45:03 PM »

He is in an underground Vampire movie coming out soon.?

Lol - he's perfect for that, what with his Dracula vocals, i wouldn't be surprised if he drunk blood before a show either hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 04:45:14 AM »

He actually was on the HBO show Oz awhile back playing an inmate.

Awesome, I was wondering how I could've missed that, but after checking out IMDB it says he was only there for one show. Did he have any lines/did he do anything?

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 11:22:20 AM »

He actually was on the HBO show Oz awhile back playing an inmate.

Awesome, I was wondering how I could've missed that, but after checking out IMDB it says he was only there for one show. Did he have any lines/did he do anything?

It was kind of a quick shot of him and some other guys beating the shit out of someone.  He says something along the lines of "Welcome to Oz bitch" or something like that. rofl

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 11:53:51 AM »

I've only heard Christian woman and black number one, which I think are great songs, but once I heard a nirvana cover and that was really creepy and awful  no, not that nirvana it's great but I think Type O' Negative could've done something better.
Anyway I haven't heard any record but I think I'm going to start now.

No man can be my equal
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »

I've only heard Christian woman and black number one, which I think are great songs, but once I heard a nirvana cover and that was really creepy and awful? no, not that nirvana it's great but I think Type O' Negative could've done something better.

They haven't done any Nirvana covers....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 01:10:32 PM »

Yeah I haven't heard of TON doing Nirvana either. Dick Purple, October Rust is a good Type O album to start with.

He says something along the lines of "Welcome to Oz bitch" or something like that. rofl

Haha, brilliant! Grin I must get a hold of that episode..

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

I've only heard Christian woman and black number one, which I think are great songs, but once I heard a nirvana cover and that was really creepy and awful? no, not that nirvana it's great but I think Type O' Negative could've done something better.

The've done Smells Like Teen Spirit.  Every show they do some covers.  I was at one show they did Britney Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time".  It was awesome.  They do some Sabbath, Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult Tons of different bands.  "Hey Pete" is their version of Hendrix "Hey Joe", which is off of the album "Orgin of the Feces".  they do a cover on every album as well.  Hell, theres that Seals and Crofts song "Summer Breeze" on Bloody Kisses, Neil Youngs "Cinammon Girl" on Ocober Rust.  they do a Beatles tune on  World Coming Down.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 04:11:11 PM »

I've only heard Christian woman and black number one, which I think are great songs, but once I heard a nirvana cover and that was really creepy and awful  no, not that nirvana it's great but I think Type O' Negative could've done something better.

Yes I have the file, let me find it and I'll put it on the megaupload page  ok
I hope I haven't delete it though  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: