Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will the New GNR play ?Since I don?t have you? on the new Tour?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will the New GNR play ?Since I don?t have you? on the new Tour?  (Read 15014 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2005, 06:54:40 PM »

The Doll's version kils the guns version. The GN'R one sounds too "busy" and it fails to catch the original garage band feel.

Exactly what I meant. I noticed alot of the covers had a lot of potential but just sound to glossy to me, Hair of the Dog for example, it was purely the raw vibe and vocals that made that song so great, but Axl's vocals just sound so overdubbed I cant appreciate it as much as the original.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2005, 08:43:09 PM »

I ever knew Charles Mason didn't write since i don't have you but i just meant TSI contains one of his songs so Axl doesn't wanna get problems with the u.s.a low, maybe the guy was afraid after recording that song!

Ahhh, USA LAW, i understand now. ok

You know what dude? I don't even think you can get that song on TSI anymore if you buy it new.

Besides SIDHY has nothing to do with "Look at Your Game Girl" why would it cause legal problems Huh
I know they were supossed to take it off but as of 4 years ago its still on the album because I bought TSI? then and its on it

Yeah and 4? years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

that's why I say Axl/GNR have balls to face the world!, we gotta live in democracy, no one must shut our ideas up, i wouldn?t buy any gnr's stuff if this one gets edited someday!? smoking

GNR Rules ! beer
Geez...Is the sarcasm a bit too much?

No both the songs aren't on those albums anymore.

In Venezuela you can get'em still! A friend o'mine bought the TSI CD n' it's still has the hidden track! , maybe those songs were edited in countries which speak English only!  hihi
Evolution
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2005, 08:49:43 PM »

I ever knew Charles Mason didn't write since i don't have you but i just meant TSI contains one of his songs so Axl doesn't wanna get problems with the u.s.a low, maybe the guy was afraid after recording that song!

You know what dude? I don't even think you can get that song on TSI anymore if you buy it new.

Besides SIDHY has nothing to do with "Look at Your Game Girl" why would it cause legal problems Huh
I know they were supossed to take it off but as of 4 years ago its still on the album because I bought TSI? then and its on it

Yeah and 4  years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

that's why I say Axl/GNR have balls to face the world!, we gotta live in democracy, no one must shut our ideas up, i wouldn?t buy any gnr's stuff if this one gets edited someday!  smoking

GNR Rules ! beer

In Venezuela you can get'em still! A friend o'mine bought the TSI CD n' it's still has the hidden track! , maybe those songs were edited in countries which speak English only!  hihi

My copy has it too. And i bought it in the UK brand new
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2005, 08:56:39 PM »

Yeah and 4? years ago they were going to take off one in a million off of lies and never did.

that's why I say Axl/GNR have balls to face the world!, we gotta live in democracy, no one must shut our ideas up, i wouldn?t buy any gnr's stuff if this one gets edited someday!? smoking

GNR Rules ! beer

In Venezuela you can get'em still! A friend o'mine bought the TSI CD n' it's still has the hidden track! , maybe those songs were edited in countries which speak English only!? hihi

My copy has it too. And i bought it in the UK brand new

Well...maybe it means they were edited in the u.s.a only but what kind of democracy do they have over there then?  nervous
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2005, 10:18:09 PM »

In Venezuela you can get it on TSI these days n' the reason why SIDHY'd bring legal troubles to Axl it's cuz everyone knows that song belongs to a' album which gives a tribute to a criminal maniac called Mason, at least in the u.s.a Axl has a lot of enemies all cuz of he used that creepy t-shirt many times! but I honestly say i'm not sure why he doesn't wanna play SIDHY to date!
man I honestly never thought that in your country Venezuela, Chavez and his friends, would be able to forbid the album, I was thingking to go there in a year, where do you live in venezuela?
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 10:35:18 PM »

In Venezuela you can get it on TSI these days n' the reason why SIDHY'd bring legal troubles to Axl it's cuz everyone knows that song belongs to a' album which gives a tribute to a criminal maniac called Mason, at least in the u.s.a Axl has a lot of enemies all cuz of he used that creepy t-shirt many times! but I honestly say i'm not sure why he doesn't wanna play SIDHY to date!
man I honestly never thought that in your country Venezuela, Chavez and his friends, would be able to forbid the album, I was thingking to go there in a year, where do you live in venezuela?

Chavez sucks   hihi , he tried to shut us up but he ended up shutting  himself up, Venezuela lives in freedom n' it?ll always !, that's the reason why we can get those songs still, we don't have censure here, I thank God 'bout it!  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 06:53:09 AM »

And you keep wondering why we keep locking your topics.  Roll Eyes

If you want to talk about personal matters, use PMs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2005, 03:52:42 PM »

The Doll's version kils the guns version. The GN'R one sounds too "busy" and it fails to catch the original garage band feel.

Exactly what I meant. I noticed alot of the covers had a lot of potential but just sound to glossy to me, Hair of the Dog for example, it was purely the raw vibe and vocals that made that song so great, but Axl's vocals just sound so overdubbed I cant appreciate it as much as the original.

It can't be right cuz GNR is better than The Doll, Axl has a perfect voice n' they recorded those tracks in L.A city at amazing studio in 1993 while those other bands produced their albums poorly cuz they didn't have the nice technology like GNR, either they didn't have a' amazing singer like Axl, so TSI will always rule for sure!   Roll Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2005, 04:45:39 PM »

It can't be right cuz GNR is better than The Doll, Axl has a perfect voice n' they recorded those tracks in L.A city at amazing studio in 1993 while those other bands produced their albums poorly cuz they didn't have the nice technology like GNR, either they didn't have a' amazing singer like Axl, so TSI will always rule for sure!? ?Roll Eyes

Sure Axl does have a killer voice but that doesnt instantly mean it will sound perfect with any song, or just any genre. I fail to see what poor production, or GnR's methods of production really have in relation to the musical outcome. Some songs can be covered, and others cant. Its a matter of opinion.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2005, 05:25:50 PM »

It can't be right cuz GNR is better than The Doll, Axl has a perfect voice n' they recorded those tracks in L.A city at amazing studio in 1993 while those other bands produced their albums poorly cuz they didn't have the nice technology like GNR, either they didn't have a' amazing singer like Axl, so TSI will always rule for sure!? ?Roll Eyes

Some songs can be covered, and others cant. Its a matter of opinion.

Roll Eyes no one will cover a gnr song, Sheryl Crawl did it but she got kicked out at the same time CUZ nobody will be like Axl, many persons can?t stop laughing at her to date! , even me!!!!!!!!!!!   hihi
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2005, 06:39:07 PM »

axlroseven i am thoroughly convinced that you start a topic then sit at your computer and hit refresh all day long so you can reply to every other reply.

since i have you was one of the worst songs off of TSI? besides anything that duff sings on. dont get me started on duffs vocals. they shouldnt play it live, ever. not to mention, the best part of the song isnt axls vocals, its slash's guitar. the best songs off of TSI? are hair of the dog, black leather, human being, in that order.

poop
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2005, 06:57:32 PM »

axlroseven i am thoroughly convinced that you start a topic then sit at your computer and hit refresh all day long so you can reply to every other reply.

since i have you was one of the worst songs off of TSI? besides anything that duff sings on. dont get me started on duffs vocals. they shouldnt play it live, ever. not to mention, the best part of the song isnt axls vocals, its slash's guitar. the best songs off of TSI? are hair of the dog, black leather, human being, in that order.

Shocked  I don't do what you said n' i wanna ask you this too: who are you to discriminate Axl n' Duff that way? Duff is a great musician, he did his best to play n' sing on TSI !, every song is amazing there, SIDHY it the best cover ever, Axl makes me fly when i hear that song , Human Being is my favorite one too I?m not sick of hearing it over n? over but  please don't bash those guys n' those songs cuz TSI is masterpiece at all! I?m very proud of GNR cuz they do know how to cover greatest hits beer  , other bands just crap the good songs!
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2005, 07:18:36 PM »

sure duff did his best...but his best was terrible. awful. gross.

poop
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2005, 10:12:16 PM »

That?s your own opinion n' not ours! Everyone mustn't think like you!, I like his style, Duff is a part of GNR that you can't deny!,  Angry
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2005, 11:36:56 PM »

That?s your own opinion n' not ours! Everyone mustn't think like you!, I like his style, Duff is a part of GNR that you can't deny!,  Angry

ya i cant deny it...when hes playing bass and singing backing vocals.

poop
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2005, 01:48:08 AM »

AxlRoseVen... just because a band has a "better" vocalist and expensive equipment doesn't mean the song is better. Im convinced you won't be able to see this though because you seem blinded...

Also.. what part of garage band sound don't you understand? Last time i checked.. garage bands didn't have exellent singers or expensive equip. Some songs are just better raw. And Human Being is one of them. Im not saying the guns version is bad.. it just fails to catch the "who really cares, were just playing for fun" vibe that the Dolls had. And thats what makes the original better.

Part of me doubts you've even given the original a listen.. (but if im wrong please don't waste your whole responce telling me that)

-jack

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2005, 08:08:02 AM »

vasoline73, great point about TSI. beer Its a good album, but you're right. Its way too polished, and its like the original intent from the original artists was sucked right out of the songs. The most pathetic part of the album is during the 'Buick Makane' outro of 'Big Dumb Sex'. Axl doesn't even sound genuine when he's singing the verse. Listen to Cornell sing it, and then listen to Axl. Cornell sings it with true feeling. Like he's screaming it to his girlfriend/groupie/one night stand. Axl sounds like he's sitting there singing it while reading it from a piece of paper. This album is one of the many mysteries of GNR. Not just the fact that it was recorded, but also in the way it was recorded, and how the band didn't seem to really give a shit. But this statement brings up an interesting question: Since they didn't give a shit, why bother polishing this record?  When/If Axl comes back, I hope he is asked some questions about the making of TSI, the real reasons for TSI, and how he feels about this album today.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2005, 09:38:53 AM »

afd gnr would have probably done tsi much better.. They had that FU attitude and against the grain way.. By 1993 gnr was just rich rockstars basically a band divided..
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2005, 09:45:14 AM »

vasoline73, great point about TSI. beer Its a good album, but you're right. Its way too polished, and its like the original intent from the original artists was sucked right out of the songs. The most pathetic part of the album is during the 'Buick Makane' outro of 'Big Dumb Sex'. Axl doesn't even sound genuine when he's singing the verse. Listen to Cornell sing it, and then listen to Axl. Cornell sings it with true feeling. Like he's screaming it to his girlfriend/groupie/one night stand. Axl sounds like he's sitting there singing it while reading it from a piece of paper. This album is one of the many mysteries of GNR. Not just the fact that it was recorded, but also in the way it was recorded, and how the band didn't seem to really give a shit. But this statement brings up an interesting question: Since they didn't give a shit, why bother polishing this record?? When/If Axl comes back, I hope he is asked some questions about the making of TSI, the real reasons for TSI, and how he feels about this album today.

guy!, you?re takin' this so far, during the Buick Makane' outro of 'Big Dumb Sex : Axl just had to sound different!!!!, he couldn't sing the same way!, even how can you know if the band didn't seem to really give a shit 'bout recordin' TSI? c'mon, wake up n' take a shower! cuz GNR n' the Geffen company are very professional to record a' album!, they're not like the bands you can find today on MTV : Simple Plan, Avril Lavigne or Cold Play, just to name some of them!, ? Roll Eyes ?those ones just don't care 'bout the public cuz they already have a millionaire contract to hold them up for years but GNR is different!,although they got rich n' famous they love their fans, they made good stuff forever too so you can't accuse GNR just cuz you think TSI was recorded while they were sitting , playing n' drinking ?alcohol there, although GNR' LIES was recorded in a drunker night that album is a masterpiece TOO, then why should you judge TSI badly when there are a lot of ridiculous bands on TV who don?t contribute to give a better music today ? ? Angry

hey vasoline73! GNR is a rich band who can?t use a low technology to record a? album in 1993 in L.A city!, if that album had to sound like a garage one so that?s ok but GNR couldn?t make it sound as if it was recorded in 1950!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:11:04 AM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

Well tough words, certainly  peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: