Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  LIKE A DOG - Review, Samples, Artwork. Order Today!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIKE A DOG - Review, Samples, Artwork. Order Today!!  (Read 1887 times)
nyd
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:06:28 PM »

IZZY STRADLIN - LIKE A DOG

In the last four days Like A Dog has turned from being a dream into a reality?? Grin I have two signed copies of Like A Dog in my room, it is now available for all to buy directly from Izzy!

Song Titles are:
1. Bomb
2. Hammerhead
3. Snafu
4. Hell Song
5. Rollin On
6. Just Dont Know
7. Chop Away
8. Win u Loose
9. On The Run
10. Like A Dog

Need proof that the album exists? You have all heard the Hammerhead and Bomb samples plenty of times... try these two instead:

Hell Song Sample
Rollin On Sample

Izzy also sent along some photos to share with fans:

Photos (the dog is called 'gizmo' I believe? Grin )

Band:

Band:

Izzy:

Photo was originally called 'gizmo' so I think thats the pooches name:

Rick:

Taz:

Want to order the album? Head on over to www.izzy.34sp.com for all of the information.
nyd
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 12:08:29 PM »

...and my review:

Being the only person in Europe to own this album I should be writing a professional review but unfortunately Im not a critic. This is my unprofessional review  Grin  First of all thank you to everyone in the beenafix.com. Especially Markus for keeping it going all these years. Thank you to everyone who helped with the petition, whether or not it helped get the album released, Like A Dog is real.

Today I will be posting all of the artwork at www.izzy.34sp.com

Izzy sent me all of the album fonts, new photos, CD artwork, front cover, back cover... everything you need should you want an official look for your CD. The disc, which I will post a photo of as soon as possible, is professionally printed.

Now for a review:

Like a child on christmas morning I ripped open the FedEx box and pulled out its contents. I woke up on the 10th of October to an email from Izzy saying Like A Dog was going to be released; four days later I can't believe I am waking up to receive my copy of the album - this is unreal.

Ignoring my usual need to play with the bubble wrap I threw Like A Dog straight into my PC. Bomb sets the pace for the album. A seconds pause half way through the song builds up the tempo even more because Izzy kicks back in with that addictive bass line. You know the album will be something special as soon as this song starts.

Hammerhead: Yet another addictive bass line opens the song, this time by JT Longoria, and you are thrown straight back into the rock n roll that flows from start to finish on Dog.

Snafu: Some wild guitar opens the song and Izzy says 'Snafu'. For anyone who doesn't know what Snafu is Izzy quickly goes on to sing 'Situation Normal, All Fucked Up'.

Hell Song: With a title like 'Hell Song' you expect some rock n roll and thats exactly what Izzy, Rick

and Taz deliver. Izzys voice echoes over the back-drop rock n roll saying "I only wrote this song for you... go to hell!"

Rollin On: I don't want to offend any Izzy fan but this song is reminiscent of a later Nirvana. The first time I heard it I thought of Kurt Cobain singing a pop-rock version of Drain You. The chorus is so catchy and Taz builds up the tempo that helps carry the song straight into Just Dont Know. This is one of my favourites on a record.

Just Don't Know: More rock n roll. I am trying to think of a comparison to describe the song but I cant.

Chop Away: Co-written by Izzy and Rick Richards. I don't know how many of you have seen the recent Aerosmith DVD that was released but thats what this song reminded me of. It has a bluesy riff and the lyrics sound like the song is about some ex-girlfriend, and the simple chorus fits perfectly between Ricks even-more-awesome-than-usual guitar solos.

Win U Lose: I sound so repetitive but this is rock n roll through and through. Its been a few years since a rock n roll album carried its own but Like A Dog really does. Win U Lose fits nicely in the album.

On The Run: I expected this to be similar to Highway Zero, probably because that was about a dealer on the run and it really is. The character in the song is out of drugs and on the run. Izzy and Rick bring the song to a close; Taz starts pounding away again building up a fast tempo for Izzy to start singing "On The Run" before closing with a riff. Excellent song.

Like A Dog: The title track doesn't stand out from the rest but it certainly does represent the whole mood and tempo of the album. With a running time of 9:10 seconds I was worried that Izzy might have purchased himself a 50-piece orchestra and gone for a ballad but fortunately he hasn't. It is a four minute rocker that brings the album to a cool finish. This was definately worth the wait.

Their is something special after LAD fades out. A hidden song, more of a studio jam by the sounds of it, is opened with a distorted speech of some kind. A very cool hidden extra.

The Dog album carries extra meaning for Izzy fans because of the long two year wait we endured. For whatever reason, Izzy has made it available to us and it has to be added to every Izzy fans collection.

For an album that was recorded, mixed and mastered in just two months this proves Izzy still has it. The album, recorded over two years ago, is a fresh slice of rock n roll that the media has shunned recently for the likes of Pete Docherty. I loved the country rock on 117, I loved the reggae on River, but I have to admit its nice to have Izzy going back to pure rock n roll.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »

Thanks for the review.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: