Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:09:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Enter the Chicken review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enter the Chicken review  (Read 1904 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: October 20, 2005, 07:33:22 PM »

Billboard mag >> Oct 22, 2005
Reviews >> Albums >> Rock

BUCKETHEAD & FRIENDS
Enter the Chicken
Producer:
Serj Tankian
Serjical Strike Records

Release Date: Oct. 25

If you asked someone what happens when Serj Tankian crosses paths with Buckethead, he would think you were setting him up for a funny.? Cluck all you want at the title, but "Enter the Chicken" is no joke.? Avant-garde guitarist Buckethead dives into several genres with aplomb, pulling off everything from grindcore ("Funbus," with Bad Acid Trip) to rap metal ("Three Fingers," with Saul Williams).? Tankian drops in for the Systems of a Down-style "We Are One" and pop-leaning duet "Waiting Here" with Shana Halligan.? Even more impressive are the unexpected turns taken on "Running From the Light" (a soulful rocker featuring power vocals by Gigi and Maura Davis) and "Coma," an ambient world music delight with lilting yet hypnotic voices.? The album closes with the six-minute-plus "Nottingham Lace," a freestyle jam that mixes fluid, lightning-quick solos with funky, crunchy rhythms. - CLT

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 02:56:13 PM »

I've ordered the album so when I've finished listening to it I'll try to remember to come on with a review.  Looking forward to hearing Bucket with some vocals (not just the insane stuff you usually get!).  Particularly the Serj song and Nottingham Lace - anyone who thinks Buckethead's a robot shredder, listen to Nottingham Lace.  Jaw-dropping.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »

This album's pretty good, after a couple of listens.  The songs with Serj in are pretty cool, some it of vaguely resembles SOAD.  I love the riff that comes in at the start of Hand  drool

Nottingham Lace is one of the best things Buckethead's ever done surely, I can't get enough of it.  It's basically 3 minutes of riffs followed by a 3 minute solo of genius. 

I'd recommend buying this album but there are probably one or two tracks even a Buckethead fan (Slunk) could live without.

8/10

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: