Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:05:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Arctic Monkeys
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arctic Monkeys  (Read 14693 times)
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 05:41:39 AM »

I like the band. But, yes, lyrics are hideuos (..or just too clever for me..  nervous)

"I bet that you look good on the dancefloor
I don't know if you're looking for romance or
I don't know what you're looking for
I said, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor"

What?s that..

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 08:10:20 AM »

haha axl eat your heart out.
and bob dylan for that matter.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »

Again, you're listing like the worst lyrics, if you're young and go out on a night then you should get the lyrics, some of them are very clever, especially considering they're only 19 ffs.

That's a hatrick for Doull
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 09:05:46 AM »

haha.chill out.
infact show me some lyrics that are in your opinion clever.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 11:37:15 AM »

People who dont come from England are in no position to comment on their lyrics. People who dont go out are also in no position to comment on their lyrics.

The reason why the monkeys are massive now IS because of their lyrics.

how many times have you seen a really fit bird on the dancefloor? whilst on the piss and just thought to yourself, fuckin hell whats she about? whats she lookin for? the arctic monkeys have some great rock n roll songs, and their music has shaken up and transcended into all scenes.

UNCOOL PEOPLE AND/OR BELLENDS need not reply.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:54:52 AM by grendood » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2006, 04:03:33 PM »

People who dont come from England are in no position to comment on their lyrics. People who dont go out are also in no position to comment on their lyrics.

Well, I'm glad I'm English and I'm out a lot then, because it means I can say they need to fuck off back to school.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »

how many times have you seen a really fit bird on the dancefloor? whilst on the piss and just thought to yourself, fuckin hell whats she about? whats she lookin for? the arctic monkeys have some great rock n roll songs, and their music has shaken up and transcended into all scenes.

well you wont mind me replying then

nice of you to play the race card...since i have a firm grasp of english it doesnt make it difficult to understand the simple lyrics, which lets face it has been done before and done better

ahhh what a wonderful generation we have now...teenagers that cant rise above the sexually obsessiveness and culture of stupor that exists in such abundance in this glorious decade...all this generation that rides with the flow instead of rebelling against it...thank the lord for bands like green day with intelligent lyrics and who are unafraid to tell it like it is...arctic monkeys pah

you know fuck all about rock and roll you nedette, in your case its wank and shag...its about all you know

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2006, 04:17:51 PM »

thank the lord for bands like green day with intelligent lyrics and who are unafraid to tell it like it is...arctic monkeys pah

Gree Day - intelligent lyrics?

Hmm, not how id describe their curious mix of 'lets make money after years of never truly breaking through' and guitar work that wouldn't challenge a guy with one arm....

As for Arctic Monkey - blatant clone of most 60's rock acts, the guitar tone, the song structure, i hate 60's rock and a clone of it is just misguided...

'I bet u look good...in the bargain bin'

kasabian can just copy second coming for their follow up album. sorted.

Curiously enough they have already admitted thats what they are doing....

I actually like Kasabian....and await their follow up quite eagerly - i know they are a Stone Roses tribute band..but i really like the Roses, and anything that sounds like it gets a spin in my cd player....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 04:19:40 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »

thank the lord for bands like green day with intelligent lyrics and who are unafraid to tell it like it is...arctic monkeys pah

Gree Day - intelligent lyrics?

Hmm, not how id describe their curious mix of 'lets make money after years of never truly breaking through' and guitar work that wouldn't challenge a guy with one arm....

As for Arctic Monkey - blatant clone of most 60's rock acts, the guitar tone, the song structure, i hate 60's rock and a clone of it is just misguided...

kasabian can just copy second coming for their follow up album. sorted.

Curiously enough they have already admitted thats what they are doing....

I actually like Kasabian....and await their follow up quite eagerly - i know they are a Stone Roses tribute band..but i really like the Roses, and anything that sounds like it gets a spin in my cd player....

yea intelligent lyrics...but since you think the stone roses are good......ummm...not to my ears...stone roses lyrics are predictable, one dimensional and move slower than a 2 legged ant with arthritis...

green day have just matured thats all...after years of playing the same song with different lyrics...whats the point in singing if only a few are listening?

rofl rofl rofl

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »

People who dont come from England are in no position to comment on their lyrics.

Why?
Because we don?t understand your language? Or maybe because you?re so inner directed you don?t want to be understood?

By the way, does that include your good self?

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2006, 08:45:04 PM »

Well, I'm glad I'm English and I'm out a lot then, because it means I can say they need to fuck off back to school.

speak for me too right here.

grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 05:55:44 AM »

nice of you to play the race card...since i have a firm grasp of english it doesnt make it difficult to understand the simple lyrics, which lets face it has been done before and done better

ahhh what a wonderful generation we have now...teenagers that cant rise above the sexually obsessiveness and culture of stupor that exists in such abundance in this glorious decade...all this generation that rides with the flow instead of rebelling against it...thank the lord for bands like green day with intelligent lyrics and who are unafraid to tell it like it is...arctic monkeys pah

you know fuck all about rock and roll you nedette, in your case its wank and shag...its about all you know

WRONG.

what a load of pretencious rubbish.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:46:48 PM by grendood » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »

WRONG.

what a load pretencious rubbish.

Well, i'm convinced by your 'argument' confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

I just can't get into this band even though they seem like a decent band. I mean, I don't dislike any of their songs. Yet, I don't really enjoy any of their songs either. There isn't one song that sticks out to me and grabs my attention. They are all just completely average.

Grendood came off sounding like an idiot, but in a way I think he is on to something. I think the Monkeys will definitely be an English thing and won't do as well in the rest of the world. I think they are one of those bands that will make sense to a certain time and place but don't really translate well elsewhere. Just like the Stone Roses.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2006, 08:17:22 PM »

WRONG.

is that it?

leaving you speechless has to mean that special arctic monkey nerve was pricked...

(Winston Churchill)"
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 04:56:09 AM »

WRONG.

is that it?

leaving you speechless has to mean that special arctic monkey nerve was pricked...

of course thats it, you've proven yourself a ridiculous gibbon not worth arguing with by mentioning greenday.

good day.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2006, 06:43:40 AM »

Greenday? Undecided
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »

Indie....modern indie, is a big pile of wank, this band dont do it any favours.

Id never listened to bands like oasis and stone roses before and the indie classification and hearing oasis;s new stuff i didnt think much of them. anyways i somehow got round to listening to the "whats the story (morning glory)" album and its a great album.

Artic Monkeys suck, that song which got to number 1? Is so crap, how any of the songs that get to number one these days actually get there is just something i do not understand.

html sucks
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 03:01:15 PM »

of course thats it, you've proven yourself a ridiculous gibbon not worth arguing with by mentioning greenday.

good day.

youre either an effeminate monty python fan or you need a  good psychiatrist... hihi

(Winston Churchill)"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2006, 03:40:59 PM »

Some of you are by far taking the band and album waaaaaaaaay to seriously..

Im Canadian, so maybe Ive gravely misread this band, but to me, there just a great, great party band with a shockingly impressive debut album.

Last weekend I had 10 of my closest friends over for a few beers, and through this record on being the only person in the room who even knew what the band's name was...

Needless to say, the album was a huge fucking hit...

I mean how could it not when you have a good 8 tall boys in you, and "Dancefloor" hits...its just pure anarchy!

Do yourselves a favor and buy the fucking album, and listen to it with an open mind..

Ignore the "stupid" lyrics....who really cares if that's their strongpoint...

Lord knows AC/DC were far from the most "lyrically brilliant" band of their time..

Oh, and whoever said Green Day were better....I dont mean any offense, but fuck right off..

Since American Idiot dropped 2 years ago, us Canadians at least have had Green Day force-fed down our throats left, right and center..

That album is a disgrace to say Dookie, or Insomniac...do you own those albums?... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: