Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:52:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Do artists 'owe' their fans? (i.e. Axl Rose)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do artists 'owe' their fans? (i.e. Axl Rose)  (Read 5478 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 01:24:08 AM »

It would be nice to have new music from Axl, because yeah, he is like the closest thing to a god to me -- but I don't think it's something that's owed to me or that I'm entitled to because I'm a "long suffering" fan.?

And hey, the christian god hasn't released anything new since the bible, and people are still worshipping him.? Why aren't christians getting pissed off at god saying -- hey you OWE us the second coming of christ.? Where's the rapture man, where's the rapture?

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell.? Some may argue that I'm already there.? ?peace
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »

"And hey, the christian god hasn't released anything new since the bible, and people are still worshipping him.  Why aren't christians getting pissed off at god saying -- hey you OWE us the second coming of christ.  Where's the rapture man, where's the rapture?"

You know what. That may very well be the best analogy any one can come up with to illustrate the irrational fervor that some people hold towards GnR. Well, mostly, it seems, towards our dear Uncle Axl. He IS a human being after all. Just as fallible as anyone else. Let him be, I say.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 11:38:40 AM »

haha sorry for bringing up this old topic, but there was a quote on the MTV 'You Tell Us' section that I had to post here.  This is from a Blink 182 fan who thinks that their fans aren't getting any information on the band.  Here is the exact quote:

"Blink-182 fans are not getting enough information about the band's future. We went to the shows and bought the records and the merch, we helped make them what they were. I really wish they would just come clean and tell us what happened so we can have some closure.

I'm glad that we can expect an explanation in Tom's music, but what if some people don't pick up on it? What if his metaphors aren't clear enough? Are we supposed to just not know? I guess we have to wait and see."

Cenz, 18
Philadelphia, PA

http://www.mtv.com/news/youtellus/topics/b/blink_182/100605.jhtml

So again, while you may or may not agree that artists owe their fans, there are plenty of fans who certainly feel that way about all artists.
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 06:56:18 AM »

Opinionated artistic women who make references to their g-spots. I love HTGTH.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 06:57:51 AM by disease51883 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: