Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  truly scary movies?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: truly scary movies?  (Read 21896 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« on: November 02, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »

Anyone seen any movies where afterwards you were just like "that was fuking scary".  :no nervous I mean a truly scary movie.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:35:34 PM »

Yep, I have seen them. Now if you wanna know, its the exorcist I, that is all, there are no scary movies these days, just things that prettend to scare but they dont get it.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:50:47 PM »

The scariest recent movie I can think of was Sixth Sense.  For older movies, I remember having a hard time watching The Shining for the first time because it scared me so bad. 

I used to be really into scary movies and I'll probably think of more later.  Those are just the two that pop into my head first.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 11:04:33 PM »

I don't do 'scarey' ..I'm a chickenshit...but anything from Michael Moore scares me rofl

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:36:39 AM »

I don't do 'scarey' ..I'm a chickenshit...but anything from Michael Moore scares me rofl

mm they say reality scares too...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 12:43:05 AM »

I love scary movies - not the killer, hack-em-up, horror kind.  Just really good suspense!  Sixth Sense and the Shining, but those were already mentioned.  I remember being really scared after seeing Salem's Lot, when I was younger.  House on Haunted Hill used to scare me when I was little, but I see it now, and it's kind of lame.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 01:45:36 AM »

mmm sorry guys, I Forgot, Chucky!!! But now that he got married, well its no longer scary  Grin
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 02:13:31 AM »

Tales of Two Sisters (before some hollywood studios makes some botoxed re make)

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 02:27:08 AM »

Only movie that ever truly scared me was The Exorcist.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 05:02:07 AM »

Yeah, for me 'The Exorcist' was pretty scary.
Most movies now aren't 'scary', they just make u jump. Still pretty cool though.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 05:32:05 AM »

These days nothing, having such a good knowledge of films and actors, i see them as actors rather than characters so i fail to be taken in by the film and subsequently scared, this is not helped either by the fact that there are so few scary films these days anyway.

One film that did scare me when i was a little kid was Ghostbusters II (I think, or maybe it was I...) when that pink slime came in the bath tub, that was it for me, scared the hell out of me, put me off baths for a long time.  Only other film to scare me when i was a kid was Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde, it was a TV version of the film with Michael Caine i just could not handle it when it turned it Mr. Hyde, Scary Bastard! rant
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 08:36:15 AM »

I find the horror movies that still scare me to this day are also the ones that scared the shit out of me when I was little. After watching Stephen King's Carrie, I still have troubles sleeping in the dark, same goes for The Shining, Jack Nicholson's acting is unreal in that movie and its truly frightening. The original Friday the 13th was is also really disturbing, all the sequels after have sucked progressively. The only other classic I can think of would be Halloween and maybe even its sequel Halloween 2. Michael Meyers has always been my favorite slasher and the music score in that movie fucks with your mind as much as the camera angles do. The only honorable horror movie in that past few months that really scared the shit out of me was The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I dont know if it was scary because its a true story, or just the fact Ive never seen the human body bend in so many ways Tongue

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 08:46:40 AM »

The Excorsist, The Shining, and Salem's Lot.

The Ring was creepy, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 09:09:21 AM »

As a kid Salems Lot used to freak me out.

More recently one that gave me the creeps was "Frailty"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 10:41:02 AM »

the grudge fuckin scared the shit out of me! i still cant walk by it in the video store without gettin a little scared... other than that im not usually scared when i watch movies...

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 10:54:55 AM »

Never seen any film that scared me - i found the exorcist hilariously funny, ''your mother sucks cocks in hell'' - i just couldn't keep a straight face

The Shining bored me silly - no scares there

Everything in horror films has bene done a million times - 'don't go down that dark tunnel....', hardly a shock when they get butchered

Of course u could do what Saw 2 tries and have loads of fake blood - because red food coluring is scary hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »

Hard to get me scared as well... hmm, the only scary thing that comes to mind is the part in The Ring where the chick crawls out of the TV set hihi

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »

Hmm. There's a difference between going into a movie attempting to be the hard dude that don't nothing scare them, with a friend that you know you can laugh with...And going into a movie hoping that it will scare you. At home, late at night, with the lights out say.

Scary movies, if you are not scared easily, are only really scary if you want them to be.

I'm not saying that you should have to try and be scared, but if you go into a film trying not to be scared, then you probably aren't going to be.

Only other film to scare me when i was a kid was Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde, it was a TV version of the film with Michael Caine i just could not handle it when it turned it Mr. Hyde, Scary Bastard! rant

Are you sure you don't mean the Jack the Ripper thing with Michael Cane? The name alludes me...But I'm pretty sure that is what you mean. I saw it about five years ago, the whole Ripper thing used to fascinate me, and thought it was great. It's a two part thing, if memory serves correctly...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »

13 Ghosts and The Grudge.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 04:11:16 PM »

Only other film to scare me when i was a kid was Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde, it was a TV version of the film with Michael Caine i just could not handle it when it turned it Mr. Hyde, Scary Bastard! rant

Are you sure you don't mean the Jack the Ripper thing with Michael Cane? The name alludes me...But I'm pretty sure that is what you mean. I saw it about five years ago, the whole Ripper thing used to fascinate me, and thought it was great. It's a two part thing, if memory serves correctly...
Nope, Jekyll & Hyde http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0099875/ since it was a TV thing and the date is 1990 i must only of been like 5 when i saw it...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: