Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  truly scary movies?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: truly scary movies?  (Read 21864 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« on: November 02, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »

Anyone seen any movies where afterwards you were just like "that was fuking scary".  :no nervous I mean a truly scary movie.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:35:34 PM »

Yep, I have seen them. Now if you wanna know, its the exorcist I, that is all, there are no scary movies these days, just things that prettend to scare but they dont get it.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:50:47 PM »

The scariest recent movie I can think of was Sixth Sense.  For older movies, I remember having a hard time watching The Shining for the first time because it scared me so bad. 

I used to be really into scary movies and I'll probably think of more later.  Those are just the two that pop into my head first.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 11:04:33 PM »

I don't do 'scarey' ..I'm a chickenshit...but anything from Michael Moore scares me rofl

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:36:39 AM »

I don't do 'scarey' ..I'm a chickenshit...but anything from Michael Moore scares me rofl

mm they say reality scares too...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 12:43:05 AM »

I love scary movies - not the killer, hack-em-up, horror kind.  Just really good suspense!  Sixth Sense and the Shining, but those were already mentioned.  I remember being really scared after seeing Salem's Lot, when I was younger.  House on Haunted Hill used to scare me when I was little, but I see it now, and it's kind of lame.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 01:45:36 AM »

mmm sorry guys, I Forgot, Chucky!!! But now that he got married, well its no longer scary  Grin
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 02:13:31 AM »

Tales of Two Sisters (before some hollywood studios makes some botoxed re make)

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 02:27:08 AM »

Only movie that ever truly scared me was The Exorcist.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 05:02:07 AM »

Yeah, for me 'The Exorcist' was pretty scary.
Most movies now aren't 'scary', they just make u jump. Still pretty cool though.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 05:32:05 AM »

These days nothing, having such a good knowledge of films and actors, i see them as actors rather than characters so i fail to be taken in by the film and subsequently scared, this is not helped either by the fact that there are so few scary films these days anyway.

One film that did scare me when i was a little kid was Ghostbusters II (I think, or maybe it was I...) when that pink slime came in the bath tub, that was it for me, scared the hell out of me, put me off baths for a long time.  Only other film to scare me when i was a kid was Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde, it was a TV version of the film with Michael Caine i just could not handle it when it turned it Mr. Hyde, Scary Bastard! rant
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 08:36:15 AM »

I find the horror movies that still scare me to this day are also the ones that scared the shit out of me when I was little. After watching Stephen King's Carrie, I still have troubles sleeping in the dark, same goes for The Shining, Jack Nicholson's acting is unreal in that movie and its truly frightening. The original Friday the 13th was is also really disturbing, all the sequels after have sucked progressively. The only other classic I can think of would be Halloween and maybe even its sequel Halloween 2. Michael Meyers has always been my favorite slasher and the music score in that movie fucks with your mind as much as the camera angles do. The only honorable horror movie in that past few months that really scared the shit out of me was The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I dont know if it was scary because its a true story, or just the fact Ive never seen the human body bend in so many ways Tongue

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 08:46:40 AM »

The Excorsist, The Shining, and Salem's Lot.

The Ring was creepy, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 09:09:21 AM »

As a kid Salems Lot used to freak me out.

More recently one that gave me the creeps was "Frailty"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 10:41:02 AM »

the grudge fuckin scared the shit out of me! i still cant walk by it in the video store without gettin a little scared... other than that im not usually scared when i watch movies...

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 10:54:55 AM »

Never seen any film that scared me - i found the exorcist hilariously funny, ''your mother sucks cocks in hell'' - i just couldn't keep a straight face

The Shining bored me silly - no scares there

Everything in horror films has bene done a million times - 'don't go down that dark tunnel....', hardly a shock when they get butchered

Of course u could do what Saw 2 tries and have loads of fake blood - because red food coluring is scary hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »

Hard to get me scared as well... hmm, the only scary thing that comes to mind is the part in The Ring where the chick crawls out of the TV set hihi

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »

Hmm. There's a difference between going into a movie attempting to be the hard dude that don't nothing scare them, with a friend that you know you can laugh with...And going into a movie hoping that it will scare you. At home, late at night, with the lights out say.

Scary movies, if you are not scared easily, are only really scary if you want them to be.

I'm not saying that you should have to try and be scared, but if you go into a film trying not to be scared, then you probably aren't going to be.

Only other film to scare me when i was a kid was Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde, it was a TV version of the film with Michael Caine i just could not handle it when it turned it Mr. Hyde, Scary Bastard! rant

Are you sure you don't mean the Jack the Ripper thing with Michael Cane? The name alludes me...But I'm pretty sure that is what you mean. I saw it about five years ago, the whole Ripper thing used to fascinate me, and thought it was great. It's a two part thing, if memory serves correctly...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »

13 Ghosts and The Grudge.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 04:11:16 PM »

Only other film to scare me when i was a kid was Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde, it was a TV version of the film with Michael Caine i just could not handle it when it turned it Mr. Hyde, Scary Bastard! rant

Are you sure you don't mean the Jack the Ripper thing with Michael Cane? The name alludes me...But I'm pretty sure that is what you mean. I saw it about five years ago, the whole Ripper thing used to fascinate me, and thought it was great. It's a two part thing, if memory serves correctly...
Nope, Jekyll & Hyde http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0099875/ since it was a TV thing and the date is 1990 i must only of been like 5 when i saw it...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 04:25:35 PM »

Oh wow, I didn't know that Caine played Dr. Jekyl.

Sounds quality.

By the way, extra points for using the IMDB.  ok

Great site, and always a laugh to try getting from one actor to another, if you're bored in class...

...Or, maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 04:28:27 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 04:54:17 PM »

Oh wow, I didn't know that Caine played Dr. Jekyl.

Sounds quality.

By the way, extra points for using the IMDB.? ok

Great site, and always a laugh to try getting from one actor to another, if you're bored in class...

...Or, maybe that's just me.
I adhore that site i owe much of my film knowledge to it.

I go on looking for one bit of information and end up on for ages, going from one actor to another.  It's wonderful when your watching something on TV and and you think, wait a minute who the fuck is that dude i'm sure i've seen him in other stuff, with the magic of that site you can have both of those questions answered...
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 05:23:29 PM »

slasher films arent scary theyre just cool. i found the 6th sense and the ring very scary. after watching them i couldnt sleep properly for a while  nervous
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2005, 06:23:22 PM »

Oh, and Jagged Edge.  Good, suspenseful movie.

On the Caine "Jack the Ripper" movie...I've actually been looking for it on Region 1 DVD forever.  It's a goodie.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
RichardNixon
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 06:33:42 PM »

I obsoletely loved "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. Scared the hell out of me!
Sterlingdog
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2005, 08:04:20 PM »

The Others scared me too, but only the first time.  Its really not that good the second time. 

Scream actually scared me the first time I saw it, but then again I was watching it alone in a dark house.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 01:37:33 PM »

The Others scared me too, but only the first time.  Its really not that good the second time. 

Scream actually scared me the first time I saw it, but then again I was watching it alone in a dark house.

I think scary movies only scare you once, cause then the thrill is gone  ok
I think The Excorsist is very scary and The entity was pretty scary too

No man can be my equal
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 03:40:11 PM »

I'm surprised some of you found the 6th Sense scary.. I thought of it more as a beautiful, yet sad movie - at least as far the ending is considered.

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 11:05:30 PM »

I found the 6th sense depressing. It left me disturbed.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 11:18:58 PM »

I'm surprised some of you found the 6th Sense scary.. I thought of it more as a beautiful, yet sad movie - at least as far the ending is considered.

I agree. It made me cry at the end. It's more spiritual than scary.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 02:57:49 AM »

Shocker made me have nightmares when I was a kid for some reason

Exorcist definitely, Ring was scary

6th sense was scary because of the cold feeling on your neck being a dead person, when Id get cold after that Id freak out.

I thought the First Child's Play was scary, when Chucky is talking and the mother opens up his battery pack and no batteries are inside, I threw a "My Buddy" doll I had away after that.

Anyone ever watched a movie called "Raw Head Rex"

its a rare movie but if u ever get the chance watch it, it is freaky as hell.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 03:17:26 AM »

The Shining bored me silly - no scares there

the Shining is a fucking masterpiece mate what the hell r' you talkin' about....freaky too yes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2005, 03:36:42 AM »

The Shining is a shitty fucking movie.

Read the book, it is incredible, Kubrick totally fucking Raped Stephen King's novel and turned it into a Gay Piece of shit.

Read the book and u will see what Im talking about.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2005, 03:38:51 PM »

I thought of it more as a beautiful, yet sad movie

Aye. To an extent.

If we're talking about beautiful though, have you seen Unbreakable? The film is criminally under-rated.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2005, 03:47:16 PM »

If we're talking about beautiful though, have you seen Unbreakable? The film is criminally under-rated.

Yeah, people say that. It was on TV a while ago, but I was doing something else at the same time so I sort of missed it :/ I'll have to check it out the next time.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2005, 03:59:01 PM »

You really do.

Going into it, I knew nothing about it and was expecting something in the same vein as Sixth Sense. But it really isn't. I'm a huge fan of well spoken dialogue. In comparrison, facial expression and the like doesn't get a look in. It's hard to define what I mean, because I don't mean language that is too poetic (that's good too, though), but just that it is spoken...

Well, if you see the film, I could direct you to at least examples of perfect scenes that show what I mean. After watching that film, I rewound to the beggining of the last scene (it's not that long, the last one) and watched it again. I must have watched scene about four or five times.

People complain that the 'twist' is obvious. Which, if you fully understand it, it really isn't. When watching, you'll probably get a grasp of the twist, maybe, but you probably won't be able to expand on the reason behind it sufficently.

Those who complain about the twist, really, really don't understand the film. It's an incredible film, and the twist is just...Nice. Well, it's actually better than nice. Just...See it.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2005, 04:21:29 PM »

Honestly I think there are no longer scary movies. Just watch the skeleton key, or the exorcism of emily rose, .... average.
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »

I thought the First Child's Play was scary, when Chucky is talking and the mother opens up his battery pack and no batteries are inside, I threw a "My Buddy" doll I had away after that.
that reminds me of an episode of seinfeld where george finds a doll that looks like his mother and hes sitting in the coffee shop and he hears the doll say "dont eat so fast u cant taste it!" and then he yells back at it and everyone looks at him.  rofl . the ring scared me the second time i saw it and i even stopped the movie halfway through. its weird that when i saw the ring 2 it didnt scare me at all i guess its cause i knew what to expect
Sterlingdog
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2005, 07:37:56 PM »

That's a great episode!  And that doll was freaky looking.

I thought the ring was spooky, but the ending pissed me off.  It was just so cheesy, the whole "who are we going to show the tape to, mommy?"  just irritated me.  Like was I supposed to walk out of the theater freaked out because I had seen the tape?  Might work on a 12 year old.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2005, 10:07:28 PM »

I thought the ring was spooky, but the ending pissed me off.? It was just so cheesy, the whole "who are we going to show the tape to, mommy?"? just irritated me.? Like was I supposed to walk out of the theater freaked out because I had seen the tape?? Might work on a 12 year old.

It worked on me. I was scared everytime the phone rang after I watched it.  hihi

The part I didn't like about The Ring, was the lack of history on the demonic little girl. It never explained why she was evil or where she came from. I have to know the facts!
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2005, 08:53:52 PM »

I couldn't sleep without my lamp on for like 2 weeks after seeing  Darkness Falls and The Exorcism of Emily Rose but the movie that scared me the most that I had to sleep with my lamp on for about a month was the Grudge. But then again I get scared at everything.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2005, 09:56:56 PM »

Darkness Falls really scared me while I was watching it.  But after it was over, I just forgot all about it.  But really scary or disturbing movies will stay on my mind for a day or two.

One I saw as a kid that scared me, but I haven't seen in years, was American Werewolf in London.  I think that was the name.  I'd have to watch it again to see if I still think its scary though.  Also Poltergeist scared me pretty good.  Now I find it more funny, but it still creeps me out a bit.
anythinggoes
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2005, 03:35:02 AM »

A BBC drama from 1992/93 Called Ghostwatch. It was done in the style of a documantary and if like me you didnt realise it was a drama and thought it was real it was the scariest fucking shit i ever saw. And i wasnt the only one

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/ghostwatch.html

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »

you want scarey?Huh

look no further than " House of a 1000 corpses" - its a Rob Zombie film.  It may not have you right on the edge of your seat - but it is very disturbing and the images stayed with me for a few dark, cold nights afterwards.....

it may sound lame now - but Jaws scared me sh!tless when I was little - its the silence in the ocean that bothered me...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2005, 11:28:35 AM »

Exorcist and Shining for sure.

Amnityville Horror, orig was pretty scary (The remake is good too)

There is a b-movie called "the Gates of hell" which has to be the goriest movie ever! That one is retty cool.

Also there is this movie from the 80's about a hospital in the future where everything is robotic and somebody hacks into it and kills people. I remeber that movie scaring the shit out of me for a week

Friday the 13th #1 and Halloween #1 as well

Sterlingdog
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 11:48:54 AM »

Did anyone watch that series from Stephen King called Kingdom Hospital?  It got cancelled, but I only watched the first episode and it freaked me out so much I wouldn't watch anymore.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »

I never saw the series.  I wanted to, but work evenings, so missed it, but it looked good.

Another movie that scared me was Blair Witch Project.  I know a lot of people thought it was overrated, but I thought it was great, especially how it was done - low budget, unknown actors, videocam shots.  It looked very real.   
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »

I never saw the series.? I wanted to, but work evenings, so missed it, but it looked good.

Another movie that scared me was Blair Witch Project.? I know a lot of people thought it was overrated, but I thought it was great, especially how it was done - low budget, unknown actors, videocam shots.? It looked very real.? ?

I was gonna say that too, don't for get the web site dedicated to finding the characters and the hiding of the actors for a few weeks. Smiley that was the freakiest part

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2005, 04:42:13 PM »

Well "Glitter" freaked me out...couldn't sleep for days  Grin Grin

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »

I never saw the series.  I wanted to, but work evenings, so missed it, but it looked good.

Another movie that scared me was Blair Witch Project.  I know a lot of people thought it was overrated, but I thought it was great, especially how it was done - low budget, unknown actors, videocam shots.  It looked very real.   

I was gonna say that too, don't for get the web site dedicated to finding the characters and the hiding of the actors for a few weeks. Smiley that was the freakiest part

Also, just prior to the movie's being released, I remember there was a documentary shown on cable TV, and it looked very real.  There was a disclaimer about it at the beginning, but if you missed it....  Unfortunately, I didn't see the "documentary" until after seeing the movie.   

Blair Witch II wasn't quite the same.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: