Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  truly scary movies?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: truly scary movies?  (Read 21587 times)
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2005, 08:53:52 PM »

I couldn't sleep without my lamp on for like 2 weeks after seeing  Darkness Falls and The Exorcism of Emily Rose but the movie that scared me the most that I had to sleep with my lamp on for about a month was the Grudge. But then again I get scared at everything.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2005, 09:56:56 PM »

Darkness Falls really scared me while I was watching it.  But after it was over, I just forgot all about it.  But really scary or disturbing movies will stay on my mind for a day or two.

One I saw as a kid that scared me, but I haven't seen in years, was American Werewolf in London.  I think that was the name.  I'd have to watch it again to see if I still think its scary though.  Also Poltergeist scared me pretty good.  Now I find it more funny, but it still creeps me out a bit.
anythinggoes
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2005, 03:35:02 AM »

A BBC drama from 1992/93 Called Ghostwatch. It was done in the style of a documantary and if like me you didnt realise it was a drama and thought it was real it was the scariest fucking shit i ever saw. And i wasnt the only one

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/ghostwatch.html

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »

you want scarey?Huh

look no further than " House of a 1000 corpses" - its a Rob Zombie film.  It may not have you right on the edge of your seat - but it is very disturbing and the images stayed with me for a few dark, cold nights afterwards.....

it may sound lame now - but Jaws scared me sh!tless when I was little - its the silence in the ocean that bothered me...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2005, 11:28:35 AM »

Exorcist and Shining for sure.

Amnityville Horror, orig was pretty scary (The remake is good too)

There is a b-movie called "the Gates of hell" which has to be the goriest movie ever! That one is retty cool.

Also there is this movie from the 80's about a hospital in the future where everything is robotic and somebody hacks into it and kills people. I remeber that movie scaring the shit out of me for a week

Friday the 13th #1 and Halloween #1 as well

Sterlingdog
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 11:48:54 AM »

Did anyone watch that series from Stephen King called Kingdom Hospital?  It got cancelled, but I only watched the first episode and it freaked me out so much I wouldn't watch anymore.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »

I never saw the series.  I wanted to, but work evenings, so missed it, but it looked good.

Another movie that scared me was Blair Witch Project.  I know a lot of people thought it was overrated, but I thought it was great, especially how it was done - low budget, unknown actors, videocam shots.  It looked very real.   
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »

I never saw the series.? I wanted to, but work evenings, so missed it, but it looked good.

Another movie that scared me was Blair Witch Project.? I know a lot of people thought it was overrated, but I thought it was great, especially how it was done - low budget, unknown actors, videocam shots.? It looked very real.? ?

I was gonna say that too, don't for get the web site dedicated to finding the characters and the hiding of the actors for a few weeks. Smiley that was the freakiest part

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2005, 04:42:13 PM »

Well "Glitter" freaked me out...couldn't sleep for days  Grin Grin

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »

I never saw the series.  I wanted to, but work evenings, so missed it, but it looked good.

Another movie that scared me was Blair Witch Project.  I know a lot of people thought it was overrated, but I thought it was great, especially how it was done - low budget, unknown actors, videocam shots.  It looked very real.   

I was gonna say that too, don't for get the web site dedicated to finding the characters and the hiding of the actors for a few weeks. Smiley that was the freakiest part

Also, just prior to the movie's being released, I remember there was a documentary shown on cable TV, and it looked very real.  There was a disclaimer about it at the beginning, but if you missed it....  Unfortunately, I didn't see the "documentary" until after seeing the movie.   

Blair Witch II wasn't quite the same.   
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: