Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  According to Dizzy, Chinese Democracy will happen 'sooner than you think'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: According to Dizzy, Chinese Democracy will happen 'sooner than you think'  (Read 15008 times)
patvalley
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2005, 06:32:32 AM »

by the way, check out Appetite for Destruction if you get a chance to. My band plays with them all of the time and we are friends with em, very fucking cool group of guys.

http://www.notquitegnr.com
http://www.myspace.com/graysonmanor (my band)

these guys are just about as close as it gets to GNR.   ok

sounds like a killer show to me!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2005, 06:34:10 AM »

dizzy always says something positive.. It's almost like getting a recording..

NO not really , Mike, he says what people want to hear, when I talked to him like a normal human, he said that the band is together and behind and commited to GNR , and never said soon, but said thanks for stickin with us. A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE from people saying that soon , and shit. BUT , Im thinking , its gonna be alot sonner than the 2025 like many people think.,lol.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2005, 06:46:58 AM »

BUT , Im thinking , its gonna be alot sonner than the 2025 like many people think.,lol.

Phew! Thats a relief!  peace

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2005, 09:05:30 AM »

Rember that kid that would beat is dog when he'd get home from school, I'm a GNR fan too Grin

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »

Hey all,

I told you earlier in the week about Dizzy's Halloween show I went to where he opened for Appetite for Destruction, a GNR tribute band based out of Raleigh.  Well last night I went to his piano show at RumRunners in Raleigh.

To say the least, it was a blast.  By the end of the night everyone in the bar and in the band was hammered, and the band struggled to finish the set haha.  I PROMISE to post more details about it later on tonight or most likely tomorrow.  Dizzy did speak about GNR and said some nice things about Axl. 

My gf, her roomate and I all sat at a table right on the stage literally and we got some great pictures of Dizzy and the guys jamming.  I will post them at another time as well.  They were so close that we literally talked to them while they were right there on stage without having to raise our voices.  It was great. 

But right now I am running late, and I have to watch some football...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2005, 02:38:59 PM »

Dizzy did speak about GNR and said some nice things about Axl. 

no fucking way, mr reed said some nice things about axl Shocked
Glad you had fun and everyone was tanked.. I'd love to hear what was said..
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2005, 04:40:07 PM »

Hopefully this guy isn't bullshitting

my intuition says he is

Is "bullshitting" an "not knowing shit" the same thing?

not necessarily. Bullshitting cud also be, "I'm skint, lend me a couple of grand" when you're a millionaire. Bullshitting is also used when u make stuff up you don't know anything about as well though.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2005, 05:06:44 PM »

Sooner than I think, eh?

Hmm, I don't know if that's such a good thing...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2005, 06:32:45 PM »

Sooner than I think, eh?

Hmm, I don't know if that's such a good thing...

See, he couldn't be bullshitting. yes That's next to impossible.
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2005, 08:07:19 PM »

So Dizzy's band was the supporting act for a GN'R tribute band?

Yes, that is correct

*********************I wouldn't say supporting act..it was better for the guys to do the show early, and not alot of people know of Hookers N Blow, and alot of people know Appetite...so you pay respect to the hometown heroes...they were just simply asked to the show and they opted to go 1st...call it what you want...classy is what I'd call it...
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2005, 08:16:18 PM »

About the show on October 31st. ?I can vouch for War 41. ?I saw him there. ?I was in the front and he was kind of behind me to the left. ?He had tuff time winning the contest with one chick flashing her breast and a huge half naked axe man. ?He probably could of won the contest if he had tighter braids. ?Destruction did play like eight seconds of Chinese Democracy. ?As for the boos...I can't remember cause I was drunk as well. ?I took a picture w/ Dizzy with my phone if you need "proof" I was there. ?As for Dizzy saying different release dates. ?That is defintely true. ?Cause he told me different date last time in Raleigh about a year ago. ?Hell, Tommy told me late spring of last year in Chapel Hill. ?He signed it on a poster which I hung up at a cd store I worked at because the staff joked that Chinese Democracy would never come out...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2005, 09:14:30 PM »

Does anyone else have a feeling that gnrrock is actually War41 trying to vouch for himself? hihi

Evolution
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2005, 09:18:05 PM »

Does anyone else have a feeling that gnrrock is actually War41 trying to vouch for himself? hihi

hihi It's probable
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2005, 09:48:42 PM »

so in other words, CD will happen sooner than never? hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2005, 10:08:48 PM »

I thought the exact same thing when i saw the number of posts by "gnrrock"... lol. 1. I personally think this story is a hack. Its bs that War41 didnt talk about going on stage, meeting Dissy, and being dressed like new school Axl in the original story.

Forgive me if im wrong and your story is actually real. But if im right in that your making shit up, then fuck off. I could be wrong, so if your telling the truth don't take it personally. You must understand why im skeptical....

-jack

gnrevolution.com
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2005, 10:42:27 PM »

No offense but you guys seem alittle crazy...  I only wish there was someway I could prove to you I am not War.  If there is let me know.  I have no reason to be a jerk and lie. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2005, 10:54:43 PM »

We're not crazy. Each and every one of us is perfectly sane. Its the outside world that is insane. rofl

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2005, 10:58:21 PM »

Send me your email and I'll send you a pic of Dizzy and me or tell me how to post a photo. ?I somehow can't post a pic here...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2005, 11:17:14 PM »

WAR41 so what did Dizzy say about Axl and GNR

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »

I went to the Hookers N' Blow show tonight that Dizzy played in Raleigh, NC and I got to speak to him VERY briefly after they were done.? Rather than harrass him I just decided to offer him my support... so I said:

"Dizzy, good luck with Chinese Democracy, I hope it comes sooner than later" and he responded with:

"Thanks man, it will come sooner than you think"

Then I told him that I will see him do his solo shows in Raleigh later on in the week and he was happy about that.?

He played Yesterdays and Civil War with Appetite for Destruction, a GNR tribute band based out of Raleigh.? It was interesting to see.? I feel I should also note that he ended the Hookers N' Blow set with Patience.?

Well, we can hope. But considering that every comment by Dizzy in the past 5  years has  been wrong, or  misleading, I really don't think too much should be made of  this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: