Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:55:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Worst Deaths in Music
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst Deaths in Music  (Read 9935 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 10:31:28 AM »

No influence?  They only influenced most of the bands around today.  You need to learn an appreciation for the past greats.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 10:51:03 AM »

No influence?? They only influenced most of the bands around today.? You need to learn an appreciation for the past greats.

You referring to my post? Huh

I realized thet older musicians influenced newer generations but I'm saying I never really listened to them with vigor while growing up.

I am/was big fans of Blind Melon, Nirvana, AIC, Ozzy, Metallica and yes PANTERA!!!!!!!

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 07:15:12 PM »

I can't believe everybody forgot John Bonham. How could anybody forget Led Zeppelin??  Tongue

Led Zeppelin was on the way downhill even before he died. In Through The Out Door is an abomination to what LZ put out earlier. There's a huge difference in a burned out rock star like Elvis dying and a young talent who dies before his peak.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 07:24:08 PM »

Without a doubt Jeff Buckley.

He left us with one masterpiece but it's a true tradgedy that the world was robbed of such an amazing artist with such minimal output to savour.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
lovethisguys
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 12:47:35 PM »

Freddy Mercury and Antonio Varia??es (he was away ahead from is time)...both died from the same, what a waste...
 crying
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 03:07:25 AM »

i forgot Towns Van Zant ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 02:31:22 PM »

Dime
Johnny Cash

Those too had the most impact on me .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 05:19:36 PM »

Without a doubt Jeff Buckley.

He left us with one masterpiece but it's a true tradgedy that the world was robbed of such an amazing artist with such minimal output to savour.

totally agree, and Tim buckley aswell who died at the same age.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »

Layne Staley (Sad fucking situation was that and he got NO recognition, Asshole media swept him under the carpet)

Well he's the asshole

He threw it all away because he couldn't get his ass to rehab - idiot screwed himself and the fans

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 09:56:26 AM »

Layne Staley (Sad fucking situation was that and he got NO recognition, Asshole media swept him under the carpet)

Well he's the asshole

He threw it all away because he couldn't get his ass to rehab - idiot screwed himself and the fans

I agree to an extent but You can't deny the fact that AIC had a huge effect on the Grunge movement. Why was Cobain put on a pedistal? You could easily turn it around that way (Fucking idiot shouldn't have pointed the gun at his head? I know, I'm goin straight to hell hihi ) ANd Joplin Killed herself from Alcohol and Hendrix OD'd and Morrison too and Hoon as well, and Elvis ate himself to death hihi , Bon Scott choked on his own vomit, Mercury fucked too many guys with aids. In short Staley's addiction was no worse than anyone else's. Tongue

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2005, 10:56:53 AM »

Well he's the asshole

I agree to an extent but You can't deny the fact that AIC had a huge effect on the Grunge movement. Why was Cobain put on a pedistal? You could easily turn it around that way (Fucking idiot shouldn't have pointed the gun at his head? I know, I'm goin straight to hell hihi ) ANd Joplin Killed herself from Alcohol and Hendrix OD'd and Morrison too and Hoon as well, and Elvis ate himself to death hihi , Bon Scott choked on his own vomit, Mercury fucked too many guys with aids. In short Staley's addiction was no worse than anyone else's. Tongue

I know - thats why i haven't mentioned them (except Freddy - AIDS can get the most careful person, it would be unfair to blame him for it without knowing exactly how it happened)

The rest were idiots who didn't appreciate what they had and had it taken away from them - thats probably justice in a way. Idiots that throw up in their sleep should learn to make themselves sick before they go to sleep, or have someone watch over them or just fucking drink less - its less a tragedy than stupidity)

Stayley shot himself up with heroin when he could have got help at any time, it was his choice not to go to rehab, and he paid for it

Same goes for Steve Clarke of Def Leppard - idiot mixed pescribtion drugs and alchohal, totally stupid.

Cliff Burton is a tragedy, guy did nothing wrong, same with Dimebag - but most of the rest killed themselves through their own carelessness

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 11:15:07 AM »

Same goes for Steve Clarke of Def Leppard - idiot mixed pescribtion drugs and alchohal, totally stupid.

Oh fuck yeah i forgot about him. And it's kinda funny too cuz it was this guy that got me into GnR in the first place.

Here's the story, When i was a kid it was the beginning of the whole "Drugs are bad Mmmm-Kay" campaign and being a kid at the time I was totally hooked on it, So since GnR were such badasses I thought they were stupid cuz they did drugs and Def Leppard was really cool cuz they didn't ( hihi dumb, i know, but i was a kid) Well around '88-'89 there was this story on the news or in the paper ( I can't remember) that Steve Clark from DefLeppard was arrested for drug posession (cocaine i think) in a Limo in LA or something. Well then I said that's stupid and I still liked DefLeppard so i decided to give GnR a shot and I traded my Great White cassette for Lies and AFD from some kid and I never turned back. That's how i got into GnR hihi

BTW here are two other major deaths in music:
Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols) and Hillel Slovak (RHCP)

IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2005, 12:15:03 PM »

Dimebag Darrel, Randy Rhoads, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Bon Scott, Ingo Schwichtenburg, Joey Ramone, Keith Moon

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 02:12:42 PM »

No need to repeat names, so let me throw Warren Zevon out there.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 04:35:03 PM »

Freddie Mercury. Long, drawn out, painfull illness for 4 years.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 06:31:56 PM »

and Elvis ate himself to death hihi ,

actually his weight problem was probably the result of a genetic ganglionic fold in his colon and the medication he took for his insomnia... and not by excessively overeating (which is far exaggerated by the tabloids)...

elvis died of a heart attack btw...

why does anyone want to post threads like this? so you can enjoy saying how badly someone died cos he/she died worse than someone else?...such wonderful hero worship (thats sarcasm btw)

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Veon
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »

Layne Staley - his music easily had the biggest impact on me; whenever I go through a hard time, I've got Alice to help get me through

Duanne Allman - that fucker could flat out play his guitar like he invented it

Dennis Danell - half of Social Distortion's song-writning duo (along with Mike Ness); died suddenly of an aneurism in 2000

Graham Parsons - The Flying Burrito Brothers, baby!

D.Boon - 1/3  of the Minutemen (killed in a car accident)--- created one of the ORIGINAL punk rock operas--- check out Double Nickels on the Dime (also check out Zen Arcade by Husker Du for another punk rock opera not named Armerican Idiot)

Also, for those of you who don't understand the physical, emotional, and psychological circumstances surrounding addiction, don't sit in your pedistal and condescend--- I'm sure ya'll got plenty of your own vices

Megaguns
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2005, 03:33:15 AM »

in no particular order:
kurt
john
bon
cliff
freddie
dime
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend