Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  'Low Disk Space', but there isn't, though there is? (Help needed)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Low Disk Space', but there isn't, though there is? (Help needed)  (Read 9492 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 02:56:28 PM »

Another thing is that if you've set the Virtual Memory really high, it'll gather itself all the free space available as it is freed up.

Im pretty sure I have this problem with my PC, how do I change the settings on it?

Also I have this problem where when Im trying to rip a dvd to say avi, after a little while my computer completely shuts down on its own. I have no idea what's going on with it and I've had it checked out by several people who knows alot about PC's and they are completely baffled as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Maybe a virus or a faulty power supply.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 04:22:41 PM »

Its definately not a virus, ive checked with several different scanners including norton, kaspersky and mcaffee...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 04:40:27 PM »

Another thing is that if you've set the Virtual Memory really high, it'll gather itself all the free space available as it is freed up.

Im pretty sure I have this problem with my PC, how do I change the settings on it?

Also I have this problem where when Im trying to rip a dvd to say avi, after a little while my computer completely shuts down on its own. I have no idea what's going on with it and I've had it checked out by several people who knows alot about PC's and they are completely baffled as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

is it a laptop ?
usually shut down problems comes from heat.
if it's a laptop, then you can't really do anything (beside buying a cooler system under it)

if it's a desktop, you better check the inside fans. (get a temperature program to check the temp.)

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 04:43:01 PM »

Now that, that I do indeed do.

when you check the free space on your hard drive what does it tell you ?

did you erase everything from the temp folers (c:\temp, windows\temp, windows\system_temp , documents and settings temp - all accounts ...)

do you have any video / audio program that use cache (adobe ... )

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »

Thats why people should get linux or macintosh  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 05:04:27 PM »

solaris Smiley unix i'd say Smiley - linux' for kiddies Smiley

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 05:44:33 PM »

solaris Smiley unix i'd say Smiley - linux' for kiddies Smiley
I know but not all people are familiar with this OS  Grin

No man can be my equal
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 09:14:40 PM »

is it a laptop ?
if it's a laptop, then you can't really do anything (beside buying a cooler system under it)

if it's a desktop, you better check the inside fans. (get a temperature program to check the temp.)

It's a desktop, thanks for the suggestions Ill see if that works.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 04:57:04 AM »

Go to System properties->Advanced->Visual effects..., Settings->Advanced->Virtual mem,Change.
Set the disk size to appropriate value.

Your computer must be set to power off after a period of inactivity. Go to Power options in control panel and see if any such settings are enabled.

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2005, 05:09:21 AM »

Well, as I said, I'm not great with computers (in as far as in depth knowledge goes), but I did free up 4 Gigabytes of space and it did nothing. So I'm pretty sure that there should be some free space there.

Or at least more than 20 or so megabytes...

IMO It must be an error then. Check the disk for errors.

Fuck 'Em All.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2005, 09:42:14 AM »

Go to System properties->Advanced->Visual effects..., Settings->Advanced->Virtual mem,Change.
Set the disk size to appropriate value.

Your computer must be set to power off after a period of inactivity. Go to Power options in control panel and see if any such settings are enabled.

if it's shut down normally (meaning windows is logging off and quitting ...) that's the auto power off.
but if it just shut down brutaly that's a problem of heat i'd say.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2005, 04:27:26 PM »

is it a laptop ?

Mine did that, it had a broken memory

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »

is it a laptop ?

Mine did that, it had a broken memory

It's definately not that (I checked it) It's either what Whatever said or it's a faulty power supply like someone else said. I just got a new power supply and several fans to check and see if that will solve the problem.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

Well dude, check your PM's...Q has found the answer to your problem...now bow in reverence all you piddling humanoids Tongue

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: