Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Sweet Child O' Mine" article in Q magazine December 2005 issue
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Sweet Child O' Mine" article in Q magazine December 2005 issue  (Read 8034 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 11:08:59 AM »

I am sure that we saw albums released on a frequent basis, and they didn't require a 10 year wait. So yeah, I am pretty sure whatever problems he had then have been trumped by whatever mental problems have crippled his inability to release music now.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 11:16:43 AM »

so if it was up to Slash and the boys would they have waited 3 or 4 yrs to make another album affter AFD and that type of album?

Also they were fed up with Axl because nothing was getting done in the mid 90's.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 11:23:30 AM »

I believe we would have had something by now if they wouldn't have broken up.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 11:23:36 AM »

They released LIES in between as somewhat of a holdover, and then it was a 2 year cycle from there. That is about normal for most bands.

Between July of 87 and Sept of 91 we got 3 full albums worth of material and an EP.

My point is if it were up to Slash and them we probably would have had an album sooner. If up to Axl, we would still be waiting. At least put together they put enough pressure on the others to come up with something equitable, which was the release of Lies, and then wait 2 more years and release the Illusions.

The problem is now no-one in the new band has the authority to stand up to Axl and tell him we are not waiting 10 years, and no one in VR has the balls to tell them we need to spend some more time on this.

Even more evidence as to why they all needed eachother so bad because they balanced out the flaws in one another.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 11:46:37 AM »

but in the end it will come out and in the end one album will sound better than another

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 11:58:18 AM »

but in the end it will come out

And all of that waiting will have killed the impact it could have had were it released in a timely manner.

We could run circles around this argument, fact of the matter is they all needed eachother more than I think any of them realized when they all told eachother to go fly a kite. The fact that it has been over 10 years since they broke up and none of them have been able to recreate the magic of their previous incarnations seems to support that.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 01:07:51 AM »

.... and none of them have been able to recreate the magic of their previous incarnations seems to support that.

And none of them ever will.

That was lightning in a bottle and will never be matched, let alone surpassed by any of them in their future endeavors.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 02:02:44 AM »

great music can still be made

madagas
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 08:53:31 AM »

Naupis, you don't know what Axl has done. He could have 10 SCOM type songs recorded and he just doesn't want to release them-for whatever fucked up reason he has. Then again, he could have crap. We don't know. It also doesn't matter what impact the songs will have-good is good. Axl can make a better album than AFD and it may NEVER have the impact due to the times and circumstances of whenever it is released. And, finally, don't hang anything on the "new band". By all accounts, they have more than done their job and provided Axl with a ton of instrumental music. Lay all blame on Axl for not completing and releasing the material. Sad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 01:22:12 PM »

.... and none of them have been able to recreate the magic of their previous incarnations seems to support that.

And none of them ever will.

That was lightning in a bottle and will never be matched, let alone surpassed by any of them in their future endeavors.
That's still in doubt.
Lightning never strikes the same place twice?thus the current band stands far fairer chance than a band that remains the same after its burnout.
Did any of Zeppelin's latter endeavours surpass their Physical Graffiti? Hell No.
As appears from many cases, the musical chemistry of a band doesn't last more than several albums. it needs a new chemistry to twinkle again.

I don't believe in magic.
With the clock striking twelve, your strikingly luxury Carriage and four would get back to a stupid pumpkin and rats and your shining silk evening dress would return to shiny rags.
Needless to say, you shouldn't cut off your toes in order to match your overgrown foot to the stupid glass shoe. Wear it only if it fits.
madagas
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2005, 02:02:58 PM »

Great point Tank...every band, if it's members don't change, runs on a bell curve of musical creativity..the ascent then the descent. Every great band has done that except maybe the Beatles. At some point, you run out of ideas or our limited by each others ideas and skills. Axl has a fresh start and a whole new, talented, eclectic band to work with. Lightning can strike twice but it is very rare. beer
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:28:48 PM by madagas » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 03:59:09 PM »

Tanks a lot madagas. Grin

Lightning can strike twice but it is very rare.

yep, very rare.
I think It happened to the Beatles as they never tried to wear a glass shoe but broke it as soon as it didn't fit them anymore. They changed their shoes as they grow.

Also actually it did so to Jimmy page individually, save that he was forced to change the band name. Otherwise ppl would have known Zep by the name of the yardbirds and might have appreciated the yardbirds classics as well by now.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 07:52:11 PM »

..every band, if it's members don't change, runs on a bell curve of musical creativity..the ascent then the descent.

I should have clarified, apologies.

More pointed, none of the parties involved will reach the levels of universal acceptance/success they once enjoyed.

For me, creativity is measured by the ears of the listener.

Masterpiece to some, crap to others.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: