Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  "Superman Returns" trailer to air on WB during new Smallville episode tomarrow!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Superman Returns" trailer to air on WB during new Smallville episode tomarrow!  (Read 2899 times)
Buddy J.B.
« on: November 16, 2005, 09:43:59 PM »

I found this from www.supermanhomepage.com, November 17 on thursday during one of the commercial breaks of "Smallvillle", the preview for the new Superman movie will air. Smiley
I'm going to tape this. To the other Superman fans on this board, try not to miss this, well although it will be on the internet afterwards. peace everybody.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:32:31 PM »

Godspeed with you supermike thanks  ok

No man can be my equal
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:53:29 PM »

I just watched the trailer, oh boy, here he comes! ok
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:42:09 PM »

well its not gonna be the same without reeves... Sad
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 12:14:23 AM »

well its not gonna be the same without reeves... Sad
I know, I miss Reeve too, he was great. But I think if he were still alive he would say to his Superman fans "Go Forward" and give the new guy a chance. It's been nearly 20 years since a Superman flick hit the theaters which gives this new one a good chance to be a cool flick. That's just me , anything with Superman barely disappoints me . The reason I look very forward to this film is because I think? young fans who are picky about movies will accept the character better who they think is outdated because of the old ones with Chris Reeve.

Edit:
And another awesome thing is they are keeping the original music score! ok
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 12:16:19 AM by SuperMike » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 08:47:15 AM »

Looks disappointing to me.  Unlike Batman, it looks like they decided to just remake the first Superman movie.  They have the same lines (i.e "For that reason, I give them my only son"), the same music, and from what I can tell from the trailer, the same plot (i.e. the same scene with Superman on the balcony with Lois Lane). 

I was hoping for a new darker take on the series (like Batman).  I don't see the point in remaking Superman I.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 11:48:30 AM »

I just saw the teaser trailer and it was cool, the sound was really classic  ok

Looks disappointing to me. Unlike Batman, it looks like they decided to just remake the first Superman movie. They have the same lines (i.e "For that reason, I give them my only son"), the same music, and from what I can tell from the trailer, the same plot (i.e. the same scene with Superman on the balcony with Lois Lane).

I was hoping for a new darker take on the series (like Batman). I don't see the point in remaking Superman I.

I think that superman is not a darker category like batman, I hope it's not anything like Superman I
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 01:29:40 PM by Mr. Dick Purple » Logged

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »

Looks disappointing to me.  Unlike Batman, it looks like they decided to just remake the first Superman movie.  They have the same lines (i.e "For that reason, I give them my only son"), the same music, and from what I can tell from the trailer, the same plot (i.e. the same scene with Superman on the balcony with Lois Lane). 

I was hoping for a new darker take on the series (like Batman).  I don't see the point in remaking Superman I.

its not a remake...it is a continuation of the previous movies...thats why theyve used the voice of brando...and thats why they use the same music

batman suited returning to a darker tale because thats what it was originally...thats not the case with superman...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 10:07:03 PM »

Looks disappointing to me.? Unlike Batman, it looks like they decided to just remake the first Superman movie.? They have the same lines (i.e "For that reason, I give them my only son"), the same music, and from what I can tell from the trailer, the same plot (i.e. the same scene with Superman on the balcony with Lois Lane).?

I was hoping for a new darker take on the series (like Batman).? I don't see the point in remaking Superman I.

Actually, I think the trailer was a bit misleading in that it seemed to deal a lot with Superman's origin, and they used a clip of Marlon Brando from the first Superman movie.  I'm a big Supes fan and I've been following this movie throughout its whole production.  What they're doing is using the first two Christopher Reeve movies as a kind of "vague history".  The new movie deals with Superman's return to Earth after being gone for several years and trying to find a place in a world that's learned to exist without him - Lois has moved on and even had a kid.  So I think it's going to be an interesting idea. 

The origin scenes from the trailer are probably just going to be from brief flashbacks, kinda like they did in the 1989 Batman movie.  It's funny that you complain that they're remaking Superman I, actually, because there's a lot of fans who don't like that they're just continuing from previous movies - they wanted a complete restart of the series complete with origin story.  I didn't really like that idea, since the Superman origin story has been told enough times already.

But Q had it only half right when he said it was a continuation of the previous movies.  The thing is, while it follows vaguely from the earlier movies, it's not an outright sequel.  They're going to use old footage of Marlon Brando as Jor-El in a kind of tribute to the Christopher Reeve movies.  But obviously they've recast all the main roles, and I think Lex Luthor (as played by Kevin Spacey) is gonna be more of a sinister corporate tycoon than the Gene Hackman version, who was more of a funny crook.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 07:55:18 AM »

Ok i know it's nothing about the trailer, but in smallville is my idea or Clark know Lois?, if so didn't clark met Lois when he works at the daily news??  Huh
On topic, I think the Spacey character will be more like lunatic freak, i dont know why i've always have the idea that Lex was insane.

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: