Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  !! Nuclear Power ?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: !! Nuclear Power ?  (Read 7927 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: November 27, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »

With all the questions raised by the Iran President statements and the suspicions growing about this country wanting the nuclear weapon ...
what do you think about it ?
About the Non Proliferation Treaty ?
About countries like Israel, Pakistan, India (did not ratify  the treaty) *having* the bomb ... ?

the world is worried, and i understand, Iran shouldnt go that way. They say they only want the *civil* nuclear technology ... but their military devs. show that long range missiles are in dev.

But how can you tell a country that it shoulndt have the bomb when :
- countries that signed have it (france, usa ....) - france is indeed hypocritical, they signed right after their last bomb tests ... and the usa are ... well the usa ...
- countries that shouldnt have the bomb and might have it (isreal, india, pakistan ...) - they have their reasons (security, power ...)

whats the way out ?

i think the countries that have the bomb should go in a process where they show that they are *moving* backwards. like giving up the technology (even if , when u know how to make 1 bomb, you can make another one ...)

or maybe, eventually, accept that only one country will have it, a country such as France *i'm just saying* - who is reluctant to military action most of the times - and this country wil be the guardian of world peace with that Nuclear Force Persuasion ... ?

uh ?

http://www.un.org/events/npt2005/npttreaty.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:51:39 PM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 03:07:05 PM »

or maybe, eventually, accept that only one country will have it, a country such as France *i'm just saying* - who is reluctant to military action most of the times - and this country wil be the guardian of world peace with that Nuclear Force Persuasion ... ?

Fantastically idealistic - leave 10 nukes in the whole world and put the UN security council in charge of them - its an idea for sure, but people would cheat.

It is certainly about time nations with nukes gave up the vast majority of them, 5-6, how many do u really need?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

Fantastically idealistic - leave 10 nukes in the whole world and put the UN security council in charge of them - its an idea for sure, but people would cheat.

It is certainly about time nations with nukes gave up the vast majority of them, 5-6, how many do u really need?

we don't even need them, we just need the world to know that we have em. .... ?___0

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 03:55:53 PM »

I think that Nuclear weapons should be banned worldwide, despite the obvious consequences that would come from their use on both the world's population and it's environment, it also creates massive amounts of international tension. How can the US or any other world power convince someone else to disarm when they themselves are armed to the teeth? It's just not practical. And we can also learn by looking at the atmosphere and suspicion that filled people during the Cold War, for the entire duration of that time people were living in fear of a Soviet threat and likewise in Russia fearing an American threat.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 04:20:02 PM »

edit: tiring...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 06:31:49 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
conny
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 11:10:56 PM »

I don't think there's any way back now and the only way out is an actual nuclear war, because that's the only way to make people wake up, see and understand. The few that will be left might overthink the idea of war and politic itself. Those two baby bombs the USA brought back from Germany and then dropped onto Japan were nothing compared to what is possible today.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 11:39:59 PM »

I don't think there's any way back now and the only way out is an actual nuclear war, because that's the only way to make people wake up, see and understand. The few that will be left might overthink the idea of war and politic itself. Those two baby bombs the USA brought back from Germany and then dropped onto Japan were nothing compared to what is possible today.

is somethign askew with this comment?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
conny
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 11:45:25 PM »

is somethign askew with this comment?

Huh
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 11:49:07 PM »

the bolded part

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
conny
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 12:12:07 AM »

the bolded part

What's wrong with that?

The bolded part is not my point, but I knew someone was gonna pick on it. Whatever I just wanted to say that technolgy is sure way ahead now and that the modern bombs are more powerful and can cause a lot more damage than the only two nuclear bombs ever used in war so far.
Surfrider
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 12:38:56 AM »

What two nuclear nations have gone to war since the development of nuclear weapons?  Ironically, the biggest weapon of destruction has proved to be deterrent to war.  Too bad we are passed the time where only rational "nations" have the ability to obtain these weapons.
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 01:02:56 AM »

the bolded part

What's wrong with that?

The bolded part is not my point, but I knew someone was gonna pick on it. Whatever I just wanted to say that technolgy is sure way ahead now and that the modern bombs are more powerful and can cause a lot more damage than the only two nuclear bombs ever used in war so far.

whats wrong with it?

its plain wrong thats whats wrong with it...............so your saying the bombs were made in germany and not developed in the US at los alamos........ or they were shipped to eurpoe to be dropped? which is it?

edit: fixed the spelling of alamos
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 01:07:49 AM by Prometheus of MacMaul » Logged

conny
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 01:23:10 AM »

its plain wrong thats whats wrong with it...............so your saying the bombs were made in germany and not developed in the US at los alamos........ or they were shipped to eurpoe to be dropped? which is it?

If you are intrested in that topic, then maybe have read or would like to read a bit about what Einstein and Oppenheimer had to say about the bomb and its development. I really don't wanna get into detail here, let me just suggest you read and connect the facts, I don't have to do that for you and I sure won't do that here in public.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 07:16:52 AM »

well theoricaly german/switz scientists and knowledge were used to make these bombs. the us did give the money and offices (as usual Smiley )

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 12:20:28 PM »

If you are intrested in that topic, then maybe have read or would like to read a bit about what Einstein and Oppenheimer had to say about the bomb and its development. I really don't wanna get into detail here, let me just suggest you read and connect the facts, I don't have to do that for you and I sure won't do that here in public.

hahaha

your fucking funny

i know the facts i know the history, I kow the bomb was not built in germany now was it? were german scientists working ont the project? what about amercian, canadian, british?

http://www.atomicmuseum.com/tour/manhattanproject.cfm

thats a link of the time line on the bomb

J. Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/baoppe.html

hmmm seems he studied most of his life in the US..... phd out of germany..... hmmm loyality to us or germany?

http://www.me.utexas.edu/~uer/manhattan/people.html

about good old boy albert and his envolvement

and it seems teh key figures were amercian german/jew italian

and he spent most of his adult life in the US......... so who exactly did the US take from germany? no one..... they all either left early in their life and came abroad, were forced out becase of their ethnic background. they all became advocates for arms control..... but anyone who really seen the force knew that it would be a bad door to open again. and as mr BRiot has put out it became its own defence.... MAD.

and again i say where did those 2 bomb that were dropped on japan come from? because those involved would not have been in germany either way..... and as you put it "Those two baby bombs the USA brought back from Germany and then dropped onto Japan"

your words not mine... i guess your the one that needs to do the research now dont ya

thanks for the highly thought out responce? rofl

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 07:44:39 PM »

Those two bombs in Japan sure as hell put a quick end to the war and may have saved a ton of lives in doing so.  Sometimes when you mess with the bull....you get the horns.   peace

I do agree that most countries can't be trusted with them.  That's why it was so important to go into Iraq before they could establish nuclear capabilities.  That is why we need to stop Iran.  And that is why we need to make sure that N. Korea, Pakistan and India are kept in check.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 12:16:31 AM »

Those two bombs in Japan sure as hell put a quick end to the war and may have saved a ton of lives in doing so.  Sometimes when you mess with the bull.

No kidding.  The allies were going to firebomb Japan to hell anyway.   

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 09:01:10 AM »

Those two bombs in Japan sure as hell put a quick end to the war and may have saved a ton of lives in doing so.  Sometimes when you mess with the bull....you get the horns.   peace

I do agree that most countries can't be trusted with them.  That's why it was so important to go into Iraq before they could establish nuclear capabilities.  That is why we need to stop Iran.  And that is why we need to make sure that N. Korea, Pakistan and India are kept in check.

what about teh "thou shall not kill ? " thingie Smiley

anyway. considering that several countries have the bomb, it lost it's *persuasion* power. people aren't afraid of the american bomb or the french bomb because india has it, and china has it (maybe) and north korea has it (maybe).
so it cancels everything.
and as Iran prooves it (maybe they dont have it) they COULD have it ...

the only solution is to move backwards : remove the bombs from everywhere. and the powerfull countries needs to show the way.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 10:20:22 AM »

That's why it was so important to go into Iraq before they could establish nuclear capabilities.  That is why we need to stop Iran.  And that is why we need to make sure that N. Korea, Pakistan and India are kept in check.

And that is why the U.S should start minding it's own business.   Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 12:27:58 PM »

the only solution is to move backwards : remove the bombs from everywhere. and the powerfull countries needs to show the way.

Ok so if the US and Russia get rid of all their nukes, that means everyone else will just play fair and get rid of theirs? 

Ofcourse, they would never take advantage of the situation.   Roll Eyes

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: