Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:08:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 142351 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2005, 07:11:18 AM »

KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer has posted the following message on his official web site:

"As the heat of summer is fast upon us, I've been spending most of my time at home in Los Angeles.

"I'm happy to report that the forthcoming KISS DVD, 'Rock The Nation Live!' has been mastered, authored and is in position for worldwide release this fall.

"I know you're gonna love it.

"I just finished an extensive interview for the official KISS magazine issue #4 that will be on the newsstands in July, with all the inside scoop and background on this mammoth DVD project.

"Also, stay tuned to KISSonline.com for more details as well.

"A heartfelt thanks, again to all the amazing KISS fans for your constant stream of letters, e-mails and dialog.

"It's great to hear from so many awesome people.

"In my Questions & Answers section, I welcome the questions that come in from all over the world that I'm always happy to answer; keep 'em coming!

"Have a rockin' summer!"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2005, 03:53:46 PM »

Image Entertainment, Inc., a leading independent licensee, producer and distributor of home entertainment programming in North America, today announced it has secured distribution rights to "Rockin' The Corps", one of the largest star-studded concerts ever held to support U.S. troops.

"Rockin' The Corps" was held on April 1 at Camp Pendleton, a U.S. military base near San Diego, for nearly 50,000 U.S. Marines and their families. The concert featured performances by DESTINY'S CHILD, KISS, RICHIE SAMBORA, HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH, TED NUGENT and GODSMACK. The evening was hosted by Cedric The Entertainer, with celebrities such as Sharon Stone, Randy Jackson, Heather Locklear, Cindy Crawford, Alyssa Milano and Carmen Electra, amongst many others on-hand to introduce the performers.

On Memorial Day 2005, Yahoo! featured excerpts from the event on their site in a salute to U.S. armed forces around the world. The theatrical release of "Rockin' The Corps" premiered June 26 in Washington, D.C., at an event hosted by "Rockin' The Corps" founder Joseph E. Robert, Jr. On Monday, June 27, special screenings were held on 150 screens in 75 top markets throughout the United States at Regal, Edwards and United Artists theatres as part of their Big Screen Concert series through their national Cinemedia division. A one-year broadcast initiative began over the July 4th holiday weekend on the prominent HD Networks, iN Demand, with subsequent television broadcasts, both free and pay-per-view, which is expected to continue interest in this special enterprise.

Image Entertainment will release the "Rockin' The Corps" DVD and audio CD on September 6, 2005. The DVD will feature performances from the concert, as well as backstage footage and other exclusive content. The CD will feature an exclusive bonus DVD with content from the show and behind the scenes footage.

"There was a tremendous energy at this concert, with performances that brought down the house," said Barry Gordon, senior vice president of worldwide programming of Image Entertainment. "We're expecting a strong response to this DVD because it is a great show, and an even greater show of support for our troops."

The show was organized by Support The Corps, a non-profit organization founded by Joseph E. Robert, Jr., CEO of the J.E. Robert Companies and a renowned Washington, D.C.-based businessman and philanthropist. Mr. Robert reached out to legendary media leader Quincy Jones and Kerzner International executive Jerry Inzerillo who brought in music and film producer Spencer Proffer and music manager Doc McGhee to produce the event. The show was shot with 12 cameras in high-definition and was also transmitted to U.S. military bases around the world on the American Forces Network.

"Our team took an opportunity to put this together in order to support the continuing effort that our troops are making on all of our behalf," said producer Spencer Proffer. "The DVD and CD from Image Entertainment will let us share the magic, spirit and excitement of that evening with people all over the world."

A portion of the proceeds will be used to support the event and residual amounts will go to the charities via Support The Corps, Inc., a tax exempt, non profit corporation. The recipients will be those entities listed on the STC website, www.SupportTheCorps.org, which are Marine Corps Community Services, The Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, The Marine Corps Scholarship Fund/Foundation, Spirit of America's Marines Fund and the U.S. Marine Corps Heritage Foundation.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2005, 03:56:31 PM »

Has anyone heard the follow up to Kiss "Revenge" called "Carnival of Souls" it was the last sessions of the Eric Singer,Bruce Kulick Kiss.

catchy title.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

ya i heard a Kiss song on the radio a few days ago ive never heard before, and it sounded like new matieral. Any news on new stuff?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2005, 07:44:43 AM »

KISS frontman Paul Stanley recently informed Kiss Kollector Online that he's planning a solo tour in support of his upcoming solo album. Stanley will also have exhibitions of his paintings throughout the USA soon. In April of this year, the first-ever public exhibition of his art took place on Maui, Hawaii.

As previously reported, drumming on Stanley's upcoming solo CD was handled by Victor Indruzzo, who has toured and recorded with MACY GRAY, toured with BECK and appears on various recordings by the Matrix production team. Most of the guitars have been handled by Corky James, who also is heard on various recordings by the Matrix team, including AVRIL LAVIGNE. In talking about their contributions Paul raved, "Victor is just an amazing drummer who can bash with the best of them while keeping a great groove going." As for James, Stanley added, "Corky just blows me away with his parts and sounds." As far as bass..."I've always been a big fan of Bruce Kulick's bass playing so it's great to have him on some of the album." Keyboards have been handled by Russ Irwin who has toured with both STING and AEROSMITH. "I've known Russ for over 15 years before the KISS/AEROSMITH tour happened and his being a part of the project seemed like a natural". Of course all the vocals are handled by Paul. A few of the tracks recorded include "Wake Up Screaming", "Second To None" and "Live To Win".

Paul has been collaborating with Swedish songwriter Andreas Carlsson (BON JOVI, DEF LEPPARD), and for the first time in 15 or so years, Desmond Child (BON JOVI, AEROSMITH). "It's magic," Stanley said of the collaboration. Paul went on to add, "From the songs to the playing and singing, everything about this album is consistent without compromise. The album is exactly who I am now and what I want to be doing. It's got all the sides of what I do, so it's not surprising that it's got elements of everything I've done plus a leap into the 21st century. I don't need to hype it. I'll leave that to everyone else who's heard it."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »

According Kiss Kollector Online, KISS will be performing a a private show for Honda Fest on September 10 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH. Only Honda-based factory workers will be able to get tickets to this very exclusive KISS show.

The upcoming KISS show isn't listed on the Nationwide Arena's schedule yet, although on the same date they have listed two Cirque Du Soleil shows. Also on September 10, Eric Singer is supposed to be playing with ALICE COOPER in Albuquerque, NM. So, the big question is who will be on drums with KISS?

And if you?re wondering why this unique KISS show will take place in Ohio, that?s because in 1977, Honda formed a partnership with Ohio that changed the face of the automotive industry. The Honda Motor Company today has nearly 16,000 employees in Ohio, which is two-thirds of Honda's total U.S. employment.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2005, 02:13:14 PM »

KISS' official web site, KissOnline.com, recently caught up with KISS frontman Paul Stanley to answer some of the "Ask KISS" fan questions. Read on:

Q: I love the costumes of the '70s tours that you've brought back and worn since the "Reunion" tour in 1996. Have you considered designing completely new outfits for an upcoming tour?

Paul Stanley: "Thanks for the question! Obviously, this isn?t the first time I?ve heard this or thought about it. Although it might be fun to design new outfits, at this point I think the impact and history associated with what has come to be known as 'Klassic KISS' really says it all. Does Superman need a new costume? Probably not."

Q: With over 30 years of record releases, what's your favorite KISS album cover?

Paul Stanley: "With as many album covers as we've had, it's probably impossible for me to have a single favorite. I tend to divide the album covers into two categories ? those with make-up and those without it. Of the make-up ones, I probably have to say my favorites are 'Hotter than Hell', 'Rock & Roll Over', and 'Love Gun'. But let?s not forget the double album inside of 'KISS Alive!' That one salutes you and all the other true believers who made this all happen. Thanks!"

Q: Back in the days when you were first learning to play guitar, what album influenced you the most?

Paul Stanley: "I would say the first two albums by American rock band THE BYRDS. There was great interplay between the two guitars and great melodies on top of it. I also loved the early WHO albums. A little later, the first LED ZEPPELIN album was the gateway to everything I aspired to for quite some time. There's so much great music that came out of the mid-'60s, it's [now] your time to check some of it out!"

Q: What's the status of your solo record?

Paul Stanley: "My solo album is sounding great! I'm really determined to make it everything I want it to be, and believe you also want. Full steam ahead! I'll see you at the finish line."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2005, 06:10:29 PM »

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has told syndicated newspaper columnist Marilyn Beck that it could be two years before KISS plays to the public again, but that doesn't mean he's going anywhere. "We've been touring for 32 years. It's a time for all of us to take some time off, maybe two years," he claims. "Paul Stanley is doing a solo record, and I think he's going to want to go do some solo dates, and I want to do a lot of other stuff, too," adds Gene. Simmons certainly has plenty on his plate already. "We're starting a cable network and a boxing venture, getting involved in Indy car racing, Warner Brothers is starting work on the 'KISS Babies' cartoon show, and the KISS Broadway musical is commencing production."

Simmons' most recent venture has him turning some of England's most disciplined 13-year-old boarding school students into a band worthy of opening up for MOT?RHEAD. "Even though the students could play two or three instruments, like cellos and oboes, and could read and write music, I had to teach them that everything they knew meant nothing in rock n' roll," explains Simmons of the VH1 series "Gene Simmons' Rock School", premiering Friday (August 19). "Almost without exception, popular music is made up of people who are pretty much unqualified to do anything except ask you if you want fries with that. None of us read or write music; we just sort of get by. The really great musicians are playing at Holiday Inns doing cover versions."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2005, 08:42:53 PM »

According to a posting at the KISS fan site KissNews.de, a German product manager has revealed that KISS' upcoming DVD, "Rock the Nation", will be released in Germany in October. The set will apparently be available in two different formats: a regular two-disc version and a limited-editon four-disc set including a concert from 1972 and Winterland 1973 (both in black and white).

KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer had previously stated about the upcoming DVD, "I feel we've captured the excitement and intensity of the 2004 stage show and tour in a big way. Shot in hi-def, the DVD will include many KISS songs that haven't seen the light of day in years. Also, we had cameras rolling behind-the-scenes every day on tour so that we can show you what goes on beyond the stage door and traveling on the road."

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2005, 10:12:51 PM »

any north american dates for the DVD?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2005, 07:02:14 PM »

KISS' official web site, KissOnline.com, recently spoke with KISS drummer Eric Singer to get some of the fans' "Ask KISS" questions answered. The Q&A session follows:

Question #1 - From John Montury, Shaker Heights, Ohio: I grew up in the Cleveland area myself. Who was the ONE drummer that influenced you the most when you were first learning to play?

Eric Singer: "John, that's kool that you're from my old hood! Great rock 'n' roll city to have grown up in, I must say. It's hard to single out just one drummer from my formative years, but I would have to say Buddy Rich left the biggest impression on me. WOW! He is the epitome of what a drummer should aspire to be. As far as rock drummers, I would have to say Denny Carmassi from MONTROSE really impacted myself as well as a lot of other Cleveland drummers in a huge way. He is the consummate hard rock drummer of that era in my opinion."

Question #2 - From Jonathan Parry, Lithgow, NSW Australia: KISS tours have spanned the globe, what are your favorite cities to visit when you're on tour? Where's the best girls, food and/or entertainment?

Eric Singer: "Jonathan, I love so many cites for so many different reasons. London for the shopping, Stockholm for the view, Tokyo for the gadgets, Lisbon for the food, Montreaux for the watches, Perth for the relaxed vibe, New York because it's New York! and on and on... I think you get the idea ?? :-)"

Question #3 - From Vidi Purnell, Mesa, Arizona: I've read you're an auto enthusiast, what are you driving these days?

Eric Singer: "Hey, Vidi, YES!! I love cars, to say the least. I have always been a car buff since I started driving and I have always had a weakness for '60s and '70s American muscle cars in particular. I currently own a 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 / 1968 Mercury Montego MX and a BMW M3. Next??? We'll see..."

Question #4 - From Amanda Dubois, Plano, Texas: You've had the unique opportunity to play with three different KISS lead guitarists. How do you compare playing with Ace [Frehley], Bruce [Kulick] and Tommy [Thayer]?

Eric Singer: "Amanda, that is an often asked question and a good one. Obviously, Ace is the guitarist who set the standard and ground rules of the lead guitar spot in KISS. I think Ace is a hard act to follow but, both Bruce and Tommy have done a great job in different ways. Bruce came into the band during the '80s when a more busy style of guitar playing was en vogue and he was able to play that Eddie Van Halen-influenced style in a KISS format quite well. Bruce really shined on 'Revenge' when he took a more upfront approach to the lead spot with some great playing. Tommy really has the 'Ace' thing down, I think. He comes from a very '70s approach that is right in line with KISS. I don't think I have ever heard anyone cop the Ace solos the way Tommy does. But Tommy also has so much more up his sleeve than meets the eye. He really can play any style and has a great feel and tone that fits in perfectly with all eras of KISS."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2005, 09:07:37 AM »

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2005, 01:31:20 PM »

Kiss Kollector Online has isued the following update on KISS' upcoming "Rock the Nation Live!" DVD:

"There's been a lot of talk about the forthcoming KISS DVD 'Rock the Nation Live!' amongst fans over the last few months. Whereas a release date still hasn't been announced, according to Sanctuary Records' website the initial idea of releasing a 2-DVD set recently changed into a 4-DVD set. Unfortunately, details about the extra two discs are unknown as of yet (but a little while ago word went around that these two additional discs are to feature a 1972 concert as well as a supposed Winterland '73 show ? however, KISS wasn't named KISS yet back in '72 although Ace Frehley joined the band in December of that year ? and as far as we know WICKED LESTER performed their last live concert in '71 so it's quite impossible to include a live show from '72, and KISS didn't play live in Winterland in '73?) but in the fourth issue of official KISS magazine ? which came out recently and mentioned a summer release for the DVD ? the track listing for the 2 DVDs containing the actual Rock the Nation Tour footage was revealed. As well as several other details about the discs' contents.

"And if all that hasn't changed by now, then things look very promising for the upcoming DVD. It might turn out to be the coolest KISS DVD released up till now. Not only will it contain no less than 20 live tracks, but also incredible behind-the-scenes footage. Intermingled with the songs will be exciting backstage footage ? including stuff shot in the dressing room, at soundcheck, on the road, etc. Tommy Thayer (who previously was responsible for the KISS DVDs 'The Second Coming' and 'Symphony' as well as Ted Nugent's 'Full Bluntal Nugity') was in charge of the DVD project and likes to refer to all the behind-the-scenes footage ? which was filmed by Spiro Papadatos ? as little 'documentaries.' Kevin McCullough (who did the editing for the 'Symphony' DVD and worked with Gene Simmons on his 'Speaking In Tongues' DVD) edited the concert footage whereas Tommy edited the behind-the-scenes/documentary footage. The documentary sections have been divided into 7 different chapters, and include voice overs by the band members.

"First up is The Dressing Room, which chronicles what each band member does to get ready for the show (including Paul Stanley's vocal exercises), putting on make up and costumes, etc. Then there's Photo Shoot, taking you back to the March 2004 photo session at Neil Zlozower's studio which was a month or two before the Rock The Nation Tour kicked off. The third documentary is titled The Meet & Greets, which explains the reasoning behind doing the Platinum Packages (and which features the best 3 or 4 meet & greets). Next up is Soundchecks, including bits 'n' pieces of 'Mr. Speed', 'All The Way', 'The Oath', 'I Stole Your Love', 'Comin' Home' and 'Two Timer'. The fifth documentary is The Theatre Shows, featuring bits from the two theater shows during the 2004 Australian tour which brings back memories of the band's original theater/club days. On The Road is the title of the next documentary, showcasing pretty much the other 22 hours of the day on a typical concert day (flying on the private KISS jet, traveling to each city and venue) as well as off-days (on which you could find the band bowling). And ending the 'Rock the Nation' discs is Fan Testimonials/Credits, which speaks for itself.

"As a very cool bonus, the new DVD ? for which post-production was done by San Francisco company MX Entertainment who also worked with acts such as RUSH and the ROLLING STONES on DVD projects ? will have Power Vision/Select-A-KISS on 7 songs, which means you can select the camera focusing on one of each band member exclusively, each member appears in his own 'window' and you can navigate from one to another (which is something the STONES already did on three songs on their 'Four Flicks' DVD, obviously it's called Select-A-Stone then)."

The full track listing for the two 'Rock the Nation Live!' discs is as follows:

Disc 1:

01. Intro
02. Love Gun
03. Deuce
04. Makin? Love
05. The Dressing Room (documentary)
06. Lick It Up
07. Christine Sixteen
08. Photo Shoot (documentary)
09. She
10. Tears Are Falling
11. Got To Choose
12. The Meet & Greets (documentary)
13. I Love It Loud
14. Love Her All I Can
15. I Want You
16. Soundchecks (documentary)
17. Parasite

Disc 2:

01. War Machine
02. 100,000 Years
03. The Theatre Shows (documentary)
04. Unholy
05. Shout It Out Loud
06. On The Road (documentary)
07. I Was Made For Lovin? You
08. Detroit Rock City
09. God Gave Rock And Roll To You II
10. Rock And Roll All Nite
11. Fan Testimonials/Credits (documentary)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2005, 09:35:40 AM »

KISS frontman Gene Simmons has sent a short handwritten letter to KISS Kollector Online in which he addresses certain topics that KISS fans have been wondering, or even complaining, about over the last few months. The text of the letter reads as follows:

"Many of you want to know when KISS will record a new album or when we'll tour.

"Please give us a chance to do things we've always wanted to do ? outside the band.

"Paul [Stanley, KISS frontman] is very excited about his solo album ? and so am I ? I can't wait to hear it. And when he tours, I'll be there to cheer him on, as I did on his last solo tour. No one is better.

"And me? I have things I want to do as well.

"KISS?? We'll come back. You can bet on it."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2005, 01:52:55 PM »

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons recently took out to answer a couple of fans' questions via the band's official web site, KissOnline.com. Read on:

Q: With all the classic KISS costumes through the years, what's your favorite era of Gene Simmons?

Gene Simmons: "I never considered anything we wore 'costumes'... I wore outfits. An outfit is something you wear. A costume is something you put on to pretend and we never pretended. My favorite outfit was probably the 'Destroyer' armor outfit. Variations of the armor went as far back as the photo session for 'Hotter Than Hell', photographed by Norman Seefe in Los Angeles in late 1974. At that session, someone gave me a Roman chest plate. I loved it immediately and saw it as a logical extension of my wearing, what I perceived as 'war paint' and going off to war. The armor felt right. It wasn't until we worked on 'Destroyer', that it felt right, conceptually. We actually started wearing early versions of the outfits while we toured Europe in support of 'Alive I' in early 1976, but didn't start wearing the full outfits until we went out with 'Destroyer'. Versions and variations of the armor were to appear and re-appear. During the 'Creatures of the Night' period, I redesigned the armor and added pieces. And of course, when we went back with Ace and Peter for the reunion of the original members during the late '90s, I resurrected it."

Q: Recently in the press you said that KISS might not tour for two years. Is that something that's set in stone? I sure hope not.

Gene Simmons: "Touring is never as easy as fans believe it is. Right place and right time isn't just a phrase, it's real. We've also come to a place, where each of us (myself included), wants to spread our wings and try different things. When will KISS tour? No one knows exactly. But as far as I'm concerned, nothing is more important than touring with KISS. Nothing gives me that kick."

Q: When you're writing KISS songs, what comes first; a title, a melody or a chorus?

Gene Simmons: "Writing songs just doesn't come in a 'paint by numbers' kit. Sometimes someone says something or I hear a phrase or the sense of it, like LITTLE RICHARD said during a lyric, 'You've got nothing to lose.' It struck me as the backbone of a song I could write. Or when I heard the STONES' 'Brown Sugar', I immediately told Paul [Stanley] I would write my own version of a streetwalker and call it 'Black Diamond'. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the band, Paul beat me to it and wrote his own 'Black Diamond'. 'Deuce' began as a bass riff. 'Christine Sixteen' began as a guitar riff. 'Calling Dr. Love' began as a phrase the 3 Stooges used. 'Calling Dr. Howard, Calling Dr. Fine...'"

Q: The legacy of KISS has influenced many for over three decades. In your opinion what will KISS mean 100 years from now?

Gene Simmons: "What KISS will mean 100 years from now may not be all that important. Maybe the most important thing, is that KISS has been a part of people's lives, mine too. Children have been named Beth and Christine. Fans have tattooed their bodies with our faces. Hopefully, the world is a slightly better place because of KISS."

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2005, 05:40:07 PM »

I know Kiss are thought of as a lot of show and they are considered to be money grubbing bastards but let me tell u this

They have some of the greatest riffs and songs ever recorded and should be in the Rock N Roll hall of fame.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2005, 03:49:44 PM »

KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer recently answered a few questions from fans via his official web site. The Q&A session follows:

Q: Gene [Simmons] has said KISS will take 2 years off and Paul [Stanley] is planning a solo tour, what will you do specificly with that long off?

Tommy Thayer: "I'm always busy. Believe it or not, if KISS isn't on tour there's still plenty to do in the KISS camp."

Q: Ted Nugent is out playing a few gigs, are you two working on anything together at the moment? Do you have a funny Ted story to tell?

Tommy Thayer: "Ted and I have been friends for a long time. I remember one night years ago when Ted picked me up in his rental car and took me for a wild ride through the streets of Los Angeles. He started with what he called a 'Rockford' (as in the TV show 'The Rockford Files') where he starts out in reverse quickly picking up speed to probably 50-60 mph and then doing a full 180 without losing any speed and continuing on forward. Then we drove through Laurel Canyon insanely fast at about 80 mph, quickly stopping to shoot and kill a coyote that he spotted. After that we went shopping cart hunting in the Ralph's supermarket parking lot with the rental car. I'm quite sure Ted took full collision/damage waiver on the rental."

Q: I saw 'Gene Simmons' Rock School' on VH1. What's your opinion/perception of this? You must think Gene is silly some times!

Tommy Thayer: "I saw a part of the first episode and it was very good!"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

KISS played live for the first time in over a year as part of the Honda Fest on Saturday (September 10) at the Columbus Convention Center in downtown Columbus, OH. Only Honda factory workers and their families were able to get tickets to this very exclusive KISS show

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2005, 03:46:45 PM »

Original KISS drummer Peter Criss has posted the following message on his official web site:

"Just when I think I am better with 9/11. It hits me like a ton of bricks. It's that time of the year, September 11th. I go right back to the hurt and loss of the innocent souls who were murdered that day. As a New Yorker and American, we grieve. I and my family send our prayers to the families of those who lost their lives trying to save the lives of others, you are the true heroes. May God look down on you with all His love."

Criss is currently putting the finishing touches on a new solo CD, which he hopes to release early next year. "This is the first time I've ever done it all, writing, arranging, singing, playing, editing, mixing and producing," Criss ahd previously said about the upcoming effort. "I feel this is the best work I've ever done. I've never worked so hard on a record. It's about life, love, and ups and downs. Real Peter Criss!"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2005, 09:52:12 AM »

The following message was posted at KISS' official web site:

"In their first full concert performance in over a year, KISS played to a packed Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio Saturday night [Sept. 10]. The private-ticket KISS show was a special appearance by the band for Honda Corporation and with a set lasting over 90 minutes, the crowd loved every minute of it.

"The band flew into Columbus Friday night for a quick sound-check rehearsal at the arena followed by a night on the town for some dinner and nightlife.

"The Saturday night concert rocked from start to finish, opening with 'Detroit Rock City' and ending with the confetti-strewn 'Rock & Roll All Nite', with many KISS classics in between.

"After the show Paul Stanley summed it up, 'Doing a kick-ass show like last night with one rehearsal after such a long break, proves to us once again that we are not only in KISS, but KISS is in us.'"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2005, 10:34:15 AM »

KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"Our [private] show [for Honda Corporation] in Columbus Saturday night went off without a hitch, we had a great time and after a year lay-off it felt awesome to get back onstage and do a kick-ass show. The 12,000-plus crowd was fantastic and lured us back onstage for a four-song encore of 'Cold Gin', 'God of Thunder', 'God Gave Rock & Roll To You II', and 'Rock & Roll All Nite'. We all spent time after show at the hotel hanging with a contingency of fans that came from all points of the globe (including Japan) with hopes of attending this special private-ticket concert.

"My good buddy, PGA Championship-winning golfer Shaun Micheel hung out with us for the weekend in Columbus. The deal is that I give him guitar lessons and he teaches me to be a better golfer. Here's [a photo of] Shaun and I backstage before we went on Saturday night."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: