Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 142219 times)
ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »

KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has told Australia's The Daily Telegraph that his touring days with the band may soon be numbered.

"I really, firmly believe there will come a time when the band will continue without me," Stanley said.

"Some people can't imagine it without me, but I'm here to tell you, I can. There is somebody out there with the same amount of passion and the same amount of drive," he said. "Which is not to say I wouldn't want to have creative control."

In Stanley's eyes, KISS is bigger than any one member of the band. Bigger than just a band, KISS is a philosophy.

"I think KISS is more about a point of view, about a respect for fans and about a loyalty and a direction much more than it is the people in the band," he explained.

"We don't follow the same rules as other bands. I can't live within the boundaries people set for me. I believe KISS is founded on something so solid that it will continue to live on, the way a football team continues.

"There have been great players, but there will always be other players."

Regarding his relationship with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons, Stanley said, "I think we think of ourselves as brothers. Brothers means you can never get rid of each other, even when you want to. We go about ourselves very differently. What we choose to put at the forefront or publicize is very different.

"Certainly, one of us spends quite a bit of time telling the world that he's the genius behind the band. This didn't happen because of a single person. It is the combustibility and the chemistry of people who don't necessarily view things from the same perspective which makes KISS.

"We tend to put our egos aside when it comes to making decisions for the band."
Paul is so full of shit!  Kiss are dead!

well, the real KISS is dead(for now) and creatively, I believe they are dead as well(or just not interested in new material)...but in their defense I don't think selling out stadiums and arenas and having to add multiple shows everywhere they play around the world would be considered dead.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »

KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has told Australia's The Daily Telegraph that his touring days with the band may soon be numbered.

"I really, firmly believe there will come a time when the band will continue without me," Stanley said.

"Some people can't imagine it without me, but I'm here to tell you, I can. There is somebody out there with the same amount of passion and the same amount of drive," he said. "Which is not to say I wouldn't want to have creative control."

In Stanley's eyes, KISS is bigger than any one member of the band. Bigger than just a band, KISS is a philosophy.

"I think KISS is more about a point of view, about a respect for fans and about a loyalty and a direction much more than it is the people in the band," he explained.

"We don't follow the same rules as other bands. I can't live within the boundaries people set for me. I believe KISS is founded on something so solid that it will continue to live on, the way a football team continues.

Regarding his relationship with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons, Stanley said, "I think we think of ourselves as brothers. Brothers means you can never get rid of each other, even when you want to. We go about ourselves very differently. What we choose to put at the forefront or publicize is very different.

"Certainly, one of us spends quite a bit of time telling the world that he's the genius behind the band. This didn't happen because of a single person. It is the combustibility and the chemistry of people who don't necessarily view things from the same perspective which makes KISS.

Ouch - Paul's pretty scathing there... 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »

Just got back from Kiss in Sydney. Amazing show, put alot of other bands shows to shame.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2008, 12:19:37 AM »

Ouch - Paul's pretty scathing there... 

i adore what Paul said there very true and i think Peter and Ace would agree

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »

Just got back from Kiss in Sydney. Amazing show, put alot of other bands shows to shame.

They put on an awesome show.   Very simple stuff musically but highly entertaining.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »

KISS has announced that meet-and-greet and pre-show soundcheck packages for the band's upcoming European Kiss Alive/35 Tour are now on sale. The packages are being sold exclusively on KissOnTour.com, the online destination for Kiss Alive/35 World Tour. These new exclusive VIP packages mark the first time KISS has ever offered meet-and-greets with fans in Europe. The European tour is set to kick off May 9 in Oberhausen, Germany.

Fans will have the opportunity to meet KISS through three VIP packages.

* KISS Pre-show Soundcheck Package: Includes an exclusive pre-show soundcheck, a KISS tour program, a KISS Europe '08 shirt, an official KISS pre-show laminate, and a $25 coupon good for the official KISS online store.

* KISS Meet-And-Greet Package: Includes an exclusive meet-and-greet with KISS, a personal photograph with the band, an 8x10 band photograph, a KISS tour program, a KISS Europe '08 shirt, an official meet-and-greet laminate, and a $50 coupon good for the official KISS online store.

* KISS Meet-And-Greet and Pre-show Soundcheck Package: Includes an exclusive meet-and-greet with KISS, an exclusive pre-show soundcheck, a personal photograph with the band, an 8x10 band photograph, a KISS tour program, a KISS Europe '08 shirt, an official KISS VIP laminate, and a $50 coupon good for the official KISS online store.

Meet-and-greet packages do not include tickets.

Fans worldwide will also be able to sign up for the KISS Army Fan Club for exclusive, year-round access to KISS. An annual Premium Membership will include a coveted new KISS Army membership kit, a $10 coupon to the KISS Online Shop, 10% discount to the KISS Online Shop, access to the members-only section of KISS Online, and access to exclusive Fan Club Pre-Sales.

The 2008 European Kiss Alive/35 Tour will play March 16 through June 21, and span seventeen countries, including stops at some of the biggest summer music festivals and first-ever KISS concerts in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Verona. This tour marks the first time the band will appear in Europe since their sold-out Psycho Circus Tour in 1999. A number of dates have already sold out on the tour including shows in Finland, Sweden, and Norway.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gene-Simmons-KISS-Spirit-in-New-Door_W0QQitemZ170203446791QQihZ007QQcategoryZ434QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »

Sakis Nikas of Rockpages.gr recently conducted an interview with KISS drummer Eric Singer. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Rockpages.gr: Will you change the set-list for the upcoming tour in Europe?

Eric Singer: I am not sure, yet? but I think that we will do a special set-list for the European audiences, so as to express our gratitude for making this tour so succesful. You will like it? wait and see.

Rockpages.gr: I was talking with Paul [Stanley] a few days ago and he told me that he didn't expect the success of the European tour, at least at such extent. Did you see it coming?

Eric Singer: Well, I have to say that I agree with Paul 100%. Nobody expected that this tour would be bigger than the Reunion tour and especially for Paul and Gene [Simmons] was a big surprise but also a big satisfaction. Tickets are selling out fast everywhere? that's great!

Rockpages.gr: That means that there will come a time when KISS will be a band without any of the original members in the line-up. At least, Paul has said so?.but do you think that this is possible?

Eric Singer: Let me tell you this: Never say never with KISS! I won't rule anything out.

Rockpages.gr: Do you see yourself in a few years in KISS and at the same time being the oldest of the line-up?

Eric Singer: I would like that?why not? But, despite what Paul says about KISS carrying on without him, the truth is that I haven't seen anyone that could replace Paul! I have seen many tribute bands and the problem was always the fact that nobody, and I mean nobody, could immitate Paul's voice or moves. There's only one Paul Stanley!

Rockpages.gr: I agree! Tell me something?you were there without make-up and now you are playing with the famous cat make-up. Do you see any differences in the band from all the years that have passed by?

Eric Singer: Well, I think that the band, now, knows exactly what it wants regarding the live shows and its career in general. In the early '90s we were thinking about things like which direction we should follow, what kind of an album we will release, the stage show etc. Now we offer exactly what the people want: A KISS show with full make-up, fireworks, explosions, platform boots and all the other stage acts that will entertain each and everyone! Each KISS fan has grown up in a different phase of KISS career? "Asylum", "Revenge", the 70s records etc. We try to please as many as we can?after all everybody loves the make-up show!

Rockpages.gr: Is there any truth to the rumor that KISS entered the studio recently to re-record some classic songs from the back catalogue?

Eric Singer: Where did you hear that?

Rockpages.gr: I have my sources?well, is it valid information?

Eric Singer: I will tell you, but tell me first who told you?

Rockpages.gr: Jimmy Haslip?he saw you in the studio a while ago and he was quite certain that Paul had told him that KISS re-recorded old tracks?

Eric Singer: OK! Yes, that's true! You know that many bands re-record songs so as to have the control over the copyrights. For example, if someone asks for a KISS tune, the band doesn'' have to get into a bureaucracy with the record label. It is very convenient?

Rockpages.gr: Tommy Thayer sang "Shock Me", causing some turmoil amongst the KISS Army. Would you sing "Beth" if Paul and Gene asked you to?

Eric Singer: Yeah, although I don't really think that Gene would ask me (to do) such thing as he doesn't like ballads at all. But, I wouldn't have any problem. It's not a sign of disrespect?I know that almost everybody has linked this song to Peter Criss. But at the same time, it is a good song and by singing it I only show respect to KISS and Peter

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley, ASH, AIRBOURNE, BLACK STONE CHERRY, PENDULUM and ELLIOT MINOR have been confirmed for this year's Download festival, set to take place the weekend of June 13-15 at Donington Park, Leicestershire, UK.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

Friday, June 13:

KISS
JUDAS PRIEST
MOT?RHEAD
DISTURBED
KID ROCK
SEETHER
SIMPLE PLAN
RISE AGAINST
ACE FREHLEY
FIGHTSTAR
JOB FOR A COWBOY
THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN

Saturday, June 14:

THE OFFSPRING
INCUBUS
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
BIFFY CLYRO
ALTER BRIDGE
MADINA LAKE
36 CRAZYFISTS
HIM
ASH
PENDULUM
THE SUBWAYS

Sunday, June 15:

LOSTPROPHETS
JIMMY EAT WORLD
COHEED AND CAMBRIA
IN FLAMES
WITHIN TEMPTATION
APOCALYPTICA
BLACK STONE CHERRY
CAVALERA CONSPIRACY
CHILDREN OF BODOM
ELLIOT MINOR
JONATHAN DAVIS
AIRBOURNE

Tickets for Download are on sale now, priced at: a full weekend ticket ?130, standard camping ?20, camper van ?40, family zone camping ?20, lockers ?11, parking ?10 in advance or ?15 on the day.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »

According to a posting on the KISS fan site KissNews.de, KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer told an Italian radio station earlier today (April 16) that the band will perform all songs from its classic "Alive!" release on the forthcoming European leg of the Alive 35 World Tour along with "obscure songs never played before." Thayer also revealed that plans exist for the group to hit the road in the U.S. and Canada later in the year as well South America and possibly Japan.

KISS will wear the "Destroyer" costumes for the upcoming tour, which will kick off in early May.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2008, 10:15:26 AM »

Chris Riemenschneider of the Star Tribune recently conducted an interview with original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Star Tribune: Do you think it's a fair tradeoff doing a solo tour? That is, you don't have to put the makeup on, but you also don't get to play as big a venue.

Ace: I don't even think about the makeup. I took the makeup off in 2001, and I really don't plan to put it back on. As far as the smaller audiences, usually the smaller places have better acoustics and you're closer to the people, more intimate. A lot of times that can be a lot more fun. I'm used to playing arenas with a pit and security guards between the band and fans; there's always that distance. The places I play now, people can touch me. As long as they don't get too intimate, you know? [Laughs/cackles.]

Star Tribune: It's been well over a decade since you did a solo tour. How are things different now?

Ace: For me, things are definitely better because I'm clean and sober now. That puts a different twist on everything. It's great to wake up without a hangover and not remembering what you did the night before. Life just seems to be getting better all the time.

Star Tribune: Was it harder to stay sober when you toured with KISS?

Ace: Not really. If I was having a good time and everybody was doing the right thing, I might've stayed. It just turned into the same nonsense that led to me leaving in '82. It all started happening again. For me, rock 'n' roll should always be fun. That's the reason I got into the business. When it's not fun anymore, it's time to move on.

I just had to leave because it wasn't fun anymore and I wanted to move on with my solo career, which I left on the back burner when I rejoined the group in '96. It was time. It was billed as the farewell tour, and then the reunion tour. They're still doing shows in Europe now. That wasn't the whole concept of the way it was presented to me when I jumped on board again.

Star Tribune: How do you feel about them touring with [former roadie] Tommy Thayer in your place, with the same makeup?

Ace: I really don't think about it [laughs], or I'd rather not think about it. I have no control over that. The fans don't seem too happy, though. What KISS is doing right now reminds me of like what some great fighters have done in the past when they come out of retirement, when they should have just rolled up the towel. That's the way it seems to me now. It's getting embarrassing.

Star Tribune: What can we expect to hear on your new album?

Ace: There are some good heavy rockers, some instrumentals, some midtempo stuff. It's the classic Ace Frehley sound and writing. I think everybody is going to ultimately be pleasantly surprised. I can't believe it's been like 15 years since I put out a studio album. Where the hell did time go [laughs]?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #351 on: May 02, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »

Yeah, i think having Tommy Thayer in Ace's makeup is pretty shitty. I personally love Kiss but won't see this lineup.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #352 on: May 02, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »

KISS sucks! OK, now that I have said it, maybe, just perhaps ... oh nevermind! I didn't mean to spam your board, but ...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #353 on: May 03, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

Yeah, i think having Tommy Thayer in Ace's makeup is pretty shitty. I personally love Kiss but won't see this lineup.

If you love KISS, then you're missing out. Was an incredible show.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #354 on: May 03, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »

I saw the original back in 2000. If they come close to me, Id be really tempted. Id have to see my financial situation.

LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #355 on: May 03, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »

I saw the original back in 2000. If they come close to me, Id be really tempted. Id have to see my financial situation.

WHAT!!! You arnt geting the Meet N Greet and Sound Check Package for $10,000  hihi

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #356 on: May 03, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »

That really costs 10,000?

Are u kidding me?

LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #357 on: May 04, 2008, 02:24:45 AM »

haha no but what ever $1050euros is

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #358 on: May 04, 2008, 03:57:15 AM »

I think these outrageously priced Meet andGreets are ridiculous.

Bon Jovi charged 1,000 bucks to go to the side of the stage for 3 songs.

What a rip.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2008, 10:06:05 AM »

KISS kicked off its European tour earlier tonight (Friday, May 9) at Arena in Oberhausen, Germany. Photos from the concert and a short English-language review can be found at Norway's NRK.no.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Deuce
02. Strutter
03. Got To Choose
04. Hotter Than Hell
05. Firehouse
06. Nothin' To Lose
07. C'mon & Love Me
08. Parasite
09. She + Tommy Thayer solo
10. Watchin' You
11. Rock Bottom
12. 100.000 Years + Eric Singer solo
13. Cold Gin
14. Let Me Go, Rock & Roll
15. Black Diamond
16. Rock and Roll All Nite
-------------------
17. Shout It Out Loud
18. Lick It Up / Won't Get Fooled Again
19. Gene solo + I Love It Loud
20. I Was Made For Lovin' You
21. Love Gun
22. Detroit Rock City

KISS' next performance will take place Sunday (May 11) at Olympiahalle in M?nchen, Germany

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: