Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 142356 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2008, 06:52:23 PM »

KISS In Chile In October 2008...

Cool Cool Cool

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2008, 01:53:25 AM »

That's a great looking set list!

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Chief
Legend

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »

ok check this out, this is crazy stuff!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98467

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2008, 02:07:31 AM »

Kiss are dead! have been for eight years. Creatively for 31 years.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2008, 03:16:39 AM »

31 years?

dude, u have lost your mind.

Creatures of the night is one of the best Kiss albums ever,Lick It up is great, Animalize, Asylum, Crazy nights

and dont forget one of the best cds of the 90's Kiss "Revenge" that CD is fuckin great and I challenge anyone to listen to that cd and tell me different.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »

Kiss, I like them but they are not creative in their concerts.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #366 on: July 17, 2008, 12:27:20 AM »

Kiss, I like them but they are not creative in their concerts.

You really think so? IMO KISS has one of the greatest stage shows ever, they perform with alot of power and sound fucking great.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »

On August 27, DefSTAR Records/Sony Music Japan will release "Jigoku-Retsuden", a new KISS greatest-hits CD featuring all-new recordings of 15 KISS classics. The tracks were recently recorded and feature Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer. A limited-edition version of the CD will include a bonus "Kissology Special" DVD with live footage from KISS' legendary 1977 performance at Budokan.

"Jigoku-Retsuden" (new recordings CD):

01. Deuce
02. Detroit Rock City
03. Shout It Out Loud
04. Hotter Than Hell
05. Calling Dr. Love
06. Love Gun
07. I Was Made For Lovin' You
08. Heaven's On Fire
09. Lick It Up
10. I Love It Loud
11. Forever
12. Christine Sixteen
13. Do You Love Me
14. Black Diamond
15. Rock And Roll All Nite

"Kissology Special" DVD (limited edition only):

Live At Budokan Tokyo, Japan '77

01. Detroit Rock City
02. Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll
03. Ladies Room
04. Firehouse
05. I Want You
06. Cold Gin
07. Nothin' To Lose
08. God Of Thunder
09. Rock And Roll All Nite
10. Shout It Out Loud
11. Black Diamond

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »

yet another greatest hits cd. How many different cds do you need that have the same shit on all of them. Don't get me wrong i love KISS they're by far my favorite band ever (G'n'Rs #2) but seriously....

i say 5 more shows in 5 of the biggest stadiums in america the actual final finally of KISS with all original members with peter and ace and put tommy and eric on the side lines to watch. and then just do tv shows kastets and all the other shit in between.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #369 on: April 06, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »

KISS is celebrating 35 years of rockin' the world like no other band has ever done before. The legendary band, currently touring soccer stadiums of South America, announced from Brazil today that their upcoming U.S. and Canadian tour will be the world's first to put fans in charge of where their favorite artist plays. By partnering with Eventful, the leading social media company for events, fans will "Demand" where KISS will perform on their latest trek across the top-voted North American markets beginning this September. No matter where the fans say ? from stadiums to cornfields ? if there are enough votes, KISS will be there! And in order to keep the competition fair for smaller cities, final site selection will weigh population size versus total votes.

Today at the zero hour of exactly 3:00 p.m. EDT, an official video announcement by the band's Paul Stanley, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer and Gene Simmons (see video at KISSonline.com) kicks off this first-ever promotion. Immediately following the video's debut run, fans across the U.S. and Canada can cast their votes at www.eventful.com/KISS to have their town included on the KISS 2009 North American tour. Fans will be able to vote, and check the tally of what cities are in the lead, 24/7 across the Web at the previous sites; as well as on KISS' MySpace and Facebook, Ticketmaster's KISS page, VH1Classic.com, and many more.

Even after garnering more than 30 gold and platinum records and in excess of 90 million albums sold worldwide, KISS continues to prove the band makes the fans their #1 priority.

"KISS has never followed the rules ? we have always broken them. KISS has never listened to critics-we have always listened only to the fans," said Gene Simmons. "It's time to give back to the fans with bigger shows and longer set lists. And for the first time anywhere, we want our fans to tell us where they want us, and when."

Said Paul Stanley, "No band has ever given their fans the power to decide what cities they play, and no fans deserve it more than ours. We're leaving the next U.S. and Canadian tour up to the Army. When they stand up, they will be counted!"

Just for voting for their town, all KISS fans will have the opportunity to purchase pre-sale tickets prior to the general on-sale. In addition to joining in on the major campaigns launched by rock radio in each city, fans are also incentivized to create their own viral videos online, motivating their fellow residents to participate in casting votes for a KISS show in their city. City-specific "best-of" compilation reels of these videos will be shown on jumbo screens at venues before each concert.

On this upcoming tour, fans will be treated to a set of some of rock's greatest hits, including "Rock and Roll All Nite", "I Was Made for Lovin' You", "Detroit Rock City", "God Gave Rock & Roll to You" and "Shout It Out Loud", among many others. The band is currently recording its first new studio album in 11 years (produced by Paul Stanley).

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #370 on: April 06, 2009, 12:18:48 PM »

sounds cool^

so the band is both currently touring (real) football stadiums in south america and currently recording their first studioalbum in 11 years?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #371 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »

KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was a guest this morning (Friday, May 15) on NBC Philadelphia to promote his art exhibitions this weekend at Wentworth Gallery in King of Prussia.

When asked about a possible KISS tour of the U.S., Stanley replied, "We're about two weeks from the album being completed ? the first album in ten years. [It's] very much a vintage, classic-sounding album, right back to our roots. We are really thrilled with it, and you will be, too. And that will be followed by a classic KISS tour ? flying around the stage, blowing stuff up; all the stuff you want to see. When you are paying hard-earned money for a ticket, you should know where that money is going. And when you come to see us, it's like seeing Superman at the circus."

KISS' upcoming U.S. and Canadian tour will be the world's first to put fans in charge of where their favorite artist plays. By partnering with Eventful, the leading social media company for events, fans will "Demand" where KISS will perform on their latest trek across the top-voted North American markets beginning this September. No matter where the fans say ? from stadiums to cornfields ? if there are enough votes, KISS will be there! And in order to keep the competition fair for smaller cities, final site selection will weigh population size versus total votes. Fans across the U.S. and Canada can cast their votes at www.eventful.com/KISS to have their town included on the KISS 2009 North American tour. Fans are able to vote, and check the tally of what cities are in the lead, 24/7 across the web at the previous sites; as well as on KISS' MySpace and Facebook, Ticketmaster's KISS page, VH1Classic.com, and many more.

gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #372 on: May 16, 2009, 04:05:43 PM »

Indeed. 

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »

KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has issued the following udate:

"We're about four days from finishing the new KISS album. Eleven tracks, and it IS everything I've told you. It IS classic. It IS all written within the band. And IT ROCKS BIG TIME! Tommy [Thayer, guitar] and Eric [Singer, drums] both handle lead vocals. The songs, sound and playing will knock your socks off. You will all be as proud and excited as we all are. Oh...and WAIT till you see the cover! We ARE just getting started!"

As previously reported, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons confirmed that a deal is in the works with Wal-Mart that will result in an "entire section" of the giant retailer's stores across the country (apparently dubbed "Kiss Korner") being dedicated to KISS.

Simmons and Stanley made a surprise stop at the at the 39th annual Wal-Mart shareholders meeting on June 5 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Though they didn't perform, a camera crew from Simmons' A&E TV show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" followed him around Bud Walton Arena.

There has been no official announcement of a KISS deal with Wal-Mart for the band's next CD, although artists such as THE EAGLES and AC/DC have both issued recent albums exclusively through the giant retailer. In addition, AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry may have inadvertently let it slip that the band's next studio album will come out exclusively through Wal-Mart.

KISS made headlines in April when it announced its U.S. and Canadian tour will be the world's first to put fans in charge of where a tour is routed. This is destined to be the most explosive show of the year; and by partnering with web site Eventful, fans will "Demand" exactly where KISS and will perform in (top-voted) North American markets beginning this September.

KISS just wrapped up an astonishing trek through South America, where fans hailed the band at sold-out stadium shows across the continent. From the Hipodroma la Rinconada in Caracas, Venezuela to the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina, KISS treated fans to a set of some of rock's greatest hits, including "Rock and Roll All Nite", "Detroit Rock City", "God Gave Rock & Roll to You" and "Shout It Out Loud", and more. The group's 2009 South American tour also included sold-out dates in Santiago, Chile; Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil; Bogota, Columbia and Lima, Peru.

An official video announcement by the band's Paul Stanley, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer and Gene Simmons (see video at KissOnline.com), shot in front of a capacity crowd in Santiago, kicked off this first-ever tour promotion. With tens of thousands of their Chilean counterparts cheering in the background, North American fans were astonished to learn that they were being put in charge of routing their favorite band's upcoming tour.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »

I am so fucking excited for a new Kiss album!

I've been waiting a decade!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »

Gene Simmons talks Kiss Canadian tour, new album

The Canadian Press

TORONTO -- If Kiss fans are fretting that the band's upcoming eight Canadian shows will pale in comparison to the 60-city megatour planned for this fall -- when the band will unveil new outfits and new material -- bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons says not to worry.

The band behind "Love Gun" has no shortage of ammunition in store for its quick jaunt north of the border, which begins Friday, the reliably entertaining Simmons told The Canadian Press in a telephone call from his Los Angeles office.

"Kiss always has the same firepower," Simmons said.

"This is less of a tour and more of a warmup -- you know, when you go to the gym and really push it hard and sweat it. "

"No coasting. We're deadly serious about this."

The Canadian trek will see the band playing festival stages and arenas in Sarnia, Ont., Orillia, Ont., Windsor, Ont., Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and Halifax.

But Simmons said the band can adapt its elaborate show to whatever surroundings necessary.

"We're like the Transformers -- with much longer tongues," he said. "We can get bigger and smaller, so physically we're able to ... set up and do our shows in an arena or stadium."

The fall will also mark the release of Kiss's first studio album since 1998's "Psycho Circus."

Simmons refused to provide the title for the new record, but otherwise wasn't coy with details.

He said the new disc will feature track titles including "Russian Roulette," "Modern Day Delilah," and "Stand."

Lead guitarist Tommy Thayer will write and sing his first song on the album, while drummer Eric Singer will also get his first opportunity to sing a lead vocal on an original song.

Simmons also promises there were no outside writers working on the Paul Stanley-produced disc.

And as for the sound of the album?

"No strings, no keyboards, no synths, no tambourines, no nothing -- just meat and potatoes," Simmons said.

In addition to the new record and tour, Simmons said he's still on the prowl for Canadian acts for his label, Simmons Records.

In November, Simmons announced that in partnership with Universal Music Canada, he planned to develop and sign Canadian bands. Soon afterward, he began soliciting online demos from unsigned Canuck acts.

On Sunday, he posted a notice on his website saying he was flying up to Vancouver to sign his first act, though he's since declined to elaborate. He will say that he has two more Canadian bands he'd like to sign after that.

Meanwhile, the band is planning on taking some time off toward the end of the summer.

"We have a lot going on, I mean there's Kiss M&Ms, there's Kiss Dr. Pepper, there's Kiss everything, soon it's gonna be Planet Kiss," Simmons notes.

In late September, the band will head out on its North American tour, which Simmons promises will include a return trip north of the border. "We're gonna hit Canada again," Simmons said, "because you've been very bad and you need to be punished."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »

The cover artwork for the much-anticipated new KISS album, "Sonic Boom", can be viewed below. The CD will be released on October 6 in the U.S. and Canada exclusively via Wal-Mart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations.

"Sonic Boom", produced by guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, is the centerpiece of a three-disc set that also features a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD (previously available in Japan) as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking KISS Alive 35 South American tour. The CD set will retail for $12, with pre-orders starting in September on Walmart.com.

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons says, "'Sonic Boom' may be the best new record we've done since 'Destroyer'! It is 'Rock And Roll Over' meets 'Love Gun'. The world's biggest retailer had better get ready for the hottest band in the world and hire more cashiers before October 6!"

Stanley adds, "Through all of the albums that are considered our classics, we tried to always find ways to give our fans extras that went beyond just the music. Besides our making the best KISS album in decades, Wal-Mart has made it possible for us to include a bonus CD with 15 of our most famous songs and an additional live DVD, shot during our recent concert in Buenos Aires. So in every sense, 'Sonic Boom' is the ultimate return to classic KISS form. You wanted the best, you got the best!"

Wal-Mart, one of America's largest music retailers, is finalizing its exciting plans now for its in-store and online destinations for KISS fans surrounding the launch of the new album and tour, and will host various KISS products in addition to their music in its stores this fall. More details on Wal-Mart KISS activity, announcements regarding album pre-sales, sweepstakes and KISS appearances will be shared shortly.

"Sonic Boom" track listing:

01. Modern Day Delilah
02. Russian Roulette
03. Never Enough
04. Yes I Know (Nobody's Perfect)
05. Stand
06. Hot And Cold
07. All For The Glory
08. Danger Us
09. I'm An Animal
10. When Lightning Strikes
11. Say Yeah

Re-recorded KISS classics:

01. Deuce
02. Detroit Rock City
03. Shout It Out Loud
04. Hotter Than Hell
05. Calling Dr. Love
06. Love Gun
07. I Was Made For Lovin' You
08. Heaven's On Fire
09. Lick It Up
10. I Love It Loud
11. Forever
12. Christine Sixteen
13. Do You Love Me?
14. Black Diamond
15. Rock And Roll All Nite

KISS bonus live DVD track listing:

01. Deuce
02. Hotter Than Hell
03. C'mon And Love Me
04. Watchin' You
05. 100,000 Years
06. Rock & Roll All Nite

A one-minute audio sample of "Modern Day Delilah" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

Stanley recently stated that "Sonic Boom" is "right up there with our best." He added, "As much as we may have tried at some other times to achieve this, the chemistry, lineup or lack of total commitment from everyone might have been cause for it being impossible. Not now. Not this time.

"Before we began the album, I said I was only interested in doing it if I produced and we followed set ground rules; total commitment by everyone, pure guitar-driven KISS, no outside writers, no outside players and my opinion and say would always be final. All said yes and I know we'd all say we've never had more fun together.

"All four of us made this our priority. Everyone was involved ever day. From the first day of writing to the last day of recording, everyone was there giving 100% to making this the album we knew we had in us. I've never seen Gene [Simmons] more selfless (yes... Gene!), focused or harder-working. His bass playing, songs and overall contribution help to make this the album you've wanted for so long. Without his spirit, this wouldn't have been possible.

"As far as Tommy's [Thayer] guitar playing, he took this chance at bat to consistently hit it out of the park. His playing is fiery and rooted firmly in our history, while making his own mark. Tommy's singing, writing contributions and total involvement made clear what's been missing for so long.

"In the twenty years I've known Eric [Singer; drums], I've never seen him this relaxed or creative. His playing is the foundation of our next step forward. Relentless and full of spit and swagger. Many lead singers don't have Eric's chops or range. He's singing great on his track and all over the album."

In a recent posting on the band's official web site, Simmons wrote, "The entire writing and recording process of ['Sonic Boom'] harkened back to an earlier, more innocent time. A time that produced albums such as 'Rock And Roll Over' and 'Love Gun'. And, the new songs have that feeling, I have to say.

"It all started with a point of view Paul had. The view had to do with ignoring the times, ignoring the critics, not over thinking who and what we are... and that we had nothing to prove to anyone.... nothing. We have been releasing albums and touring for 35 years and why wouldn't we want to do an 'honest' record. Just do it!!! And, he wanted to produce the album himself!!!

"While it's true in the past we had produced KISS records together. And we had both produced other acts outside of KISS. But here was Paul saying he wanted to shoulder the responsibility and burden of steering the good ship KISS on his own.

"He was serious. And I saw it was real. I saw the commitment he was going to make to the album and the band... and I agreed. We all trusted each other and saw the same vision of the band... and perhaps democracy is overrated... and sooner or later, someone had to decide.

"And I will tell you here and now, he's done a great job.

"The process of writing songs involved both writing separately, but often, in hotel rooms and rehearsal halls, literally starting from scratch and throwing riffs and chords at each other. Then working on melody and lyric...starting alone, then bringing it into the rehearsal halls and even during recording, we would often critique the lyrics all the way down to the last minute.

"Tommy really stepped up in the songwriting area....co-wrote some songs with us and actually sings his first song on a KISS album. Eric, likewise was always encouraging and of course, provided his always dependable bombastic drumming style. But unlike other drummers, Eric is also a great singer. Wait until you hear him tear it up on his lead vocal.

"What else, you ask? Well, Paul and I trade vocals on a few tunes and had a lot to say about each other's songs... Result? Maybe the best record we've done in 30 years. Bold statement? You bet."

Classic Rock magazine's Geoff Barton, who heard six of the album's cuts during an exclusive listening session in London last week, said, "KISS promised to deliver a back-to-their-roots album and that's exactly what we've got. Recorded in the old-fashioned, analog way, it sounds spectacularly good ? no ProTools nonsense in evidence here.

"The interesting thing is, it's not simply a homage the band's first few albums. There are even nods to records such as [1982's] 'Creatures Of The Night', which had Vinnie Vincent on guitar. KISS seem to have cleverly combined the best of all their eras into a single winning package."

The editor of Guitar Player magazine, who had a chance to preview five songs off the LP last month, wrote about the new KISS material, "Paul sings his ass off. Eric plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy's guitars sound HUGE ? with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."

The "Sonic Boom" cover art was created by Michael Doret, who also designed the band's classic "Rock And Roll Over" album cover.

Regarding the artwork for the new KISS CD, Doret told Deucenews, "Paul came to me with the title of the album. We talked about the 'look' he wanted this cover to have. We talked about how the other cover I had done for them, 'Rock And Roll Over', really had become iconic and now represented KISS' music from that early period. He talked about how he'd like the new cover to be suggestive of that look, because they wanted the music in the new album to be more reflective of that time and, of their roots in hard rock. He also stipulated that I needed to use existing photography of the four members instead of creating graphic caricatures (which is what I did in 'Rock And Roll Over'). So that was my challenge: create another iconic cover that would also be reflective in some way of the previous cover.

"When I did 'Rock And Roll Over', I presented the group with one colored pencil drawing. With only a few minor comments, they approved it. After thinking about what I needed to do for this new cover, I spent a week or so creating sketches, then narrowed it down to one which I presented (very nervously) to Paul. Like the first time around, he immediately loved it. Then it was just a matter of refining the sketch, selecting the photos, working out a color palette, and presenting it all to Paul again."

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »

i'm not a kiss fan but i'm almost excited about this, they have some pretty great party songs
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

KISS announced today their new CD titled 'Sonic Boom' will be sold exclusively at Walmart and Sam's Club stores in the U.S. on October 6th. The article, which mentions previous Walmart exclusives (AC/DC, Eagles) as well as other retail outlet exclusives (hello GN'R and Prince!), can be read in it's entirety at the official KISS website.

www.kissonline.com

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »

No surprise considering Kiss is the Wal-mart of rock.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: