Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 141768 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #440 on: October 29, 2009, 10:41:45 PM »

Paul Stanley talks about the hall of fame nomination...

KISS CHANGING THEIR TUNE ABOUT ROCK HALL?

With Kiss making the final nomination list for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, the band and former guitarist Ace Frehley talk about the honor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dckViMh96Fc

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #441 on: November 01, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »

Pretty cool interview

Jon Bream of StarTribune.com recently conducted an interview with KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

StarTribune.com: Why did you decide to go with a Wal-Mart exclusive for "Sonic Boom"?

Stanley: The reality is that the music retail store has pretty much dried up. The music industry is in a tumble, to say the least. And Wal-Mart offered us the opportunity to put out a package that kind of followed our philosophy of giving more than just an album. There was a time when we would include a "Love Gun" or a poster or a tattoo ? something to just take it over the top. We were able to put together a package that [also] has a CD of re-records of 15 songs and a DVD of excerpts from our most recent stadium show in Buenos Aires. To be able to do that for 12 bucks, it's a no-brainer. Plus, there are a lot more Wal-Marts at this point than there are record stores.

StarTribune.com: There had to be pent-up demand after not releasing an album since "Psycho Circus", your 1998 reunion project.

Stanley: There's pent-up curiosity, but there's also room for people to be weary or leery of a new album. There was a lot of anticipation for the last one, and it turned out to fizzle instead of sizzle. It's virtually impossible to make a band album when you're dealing more with members' attorneys than with members. The last time I checked, the attorneys don't play instruments too well. The days of entitlement and demanding songs on an album and how to be featured, those days are over, at least in this camp. The premise of this album was vastly different; you had four people very committed to making a statement, taking what we do live into the studio.

StarTribune.com: For the first time on tour, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer are wearing the same makeup designs Ace Frehley and Peter Criss did. Why?

Stanley: It's very simple. To do anything else would be to cheat the public. The four characters have grown into iconic status. To dilute that because somebody has left the band or was asked to leave the band is to compromise the band.

StarTribune.com: How do you feel about finally being nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame?

Stanley: It means much more to the fans than it means to me. That being said, I would embrace the opportunity for them. I've always been ambivalent about it. The problem with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is there is no criteria for getting in. You don't have to sell X amount of albums, you don't have to play X amount of concerts. It's a vague concept based on some people's partisan feelings toward certain artists or certain kinds of music. But I am as proud to have the people fighting against us as I am of the people fighting for us. It's all part of KISS. The fact that we can annoy or irritate people so much is kind of funny. I bask in it sometimes. But it's only music.

StarTribune.com: If KISS gets elected, will Ace and Peter participate in the induction ceremony?

Stanley: They would have to. The monument may have needed some renovation and redefining, but that's the foundation, the four of us. Absolutely. It would be as absurd as us not being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

StarTribune.com: do you think is KISS' contribution to music and culture?

Stanley: You'd have to ask all the people influenced by us, and that doesn't necessarily mean rock bands. Country artists, doctors, policemen. ... I think people aspire to greater things and perhaps look to us for support when they're going on a lonely road where everyone else thought they would fail, and they succeed. As a rock band, we became a wakeup call to fans of what they shouldn't take less than and what they should expect from bands. And the respect that fans should get. And the fact that the audience does the band a favor by showing up, not vice versa. Our obligation when we hit the stage is to give everyone their money's worth and to live up to everything they expect. If we raise the bar in that way, great.

Read the entire interview at StarTribune.com.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #442 on: November 02, 2009, 11:11:56 PM »

Love Paul STanley and it is criminal if they don't get in

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #443 on: November 05, 2009, 07:48:02 AM »

Just picked up Sonic Boom.Finally found a store here in Aus selling the 3 disk set. Giving it its first spin and am really digging it so far.
Saw the Alive 35 tour when they came to Sydney. Easily one of the best shows I've been to. Awesome songs, Gene spitting fire and flying, and everyone in the crowd, from kids to older people, in face paint. Wish they were selling the USBs of the show back then.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #444 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:50 AM »

i've only heard a few tunes off there new one and thought it to be par ok

also, i'm seeing them in December headbanger can't wait

shit, i also need to get anomaly too Cheesy

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »

i've only heard a few tunes off there new one and thought it to be par ok

also, i'm seeing them in December headbanger can't wait

shit, i also need to get anomaly too Cheesy
Outer Space rocks! I need to pick up the album soon.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #446 on: November 13, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »

Got Anomaly a few days ago. Love it, so many great tunes. Don't want to make comparisons between it and Sonic Boom, but both are really strong. My only complaint about it is that, while the case/pyramid is a cool idea, it makes getting the CD out a pain. But that's a real petty complaint.
Sonic Boom and Anomaly have been dominating my stereo for the past week.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #447 on: November 13, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »

Anomaly is good if u can get past  the god awful lyrics

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #448 on: November 22, 2009, 09:30:32 AM »

I'm reading that Kiss are playing some UK dates in 2010

KISS

SECC, Glasgow - 9th May
MEN Arena, Manchester -10th
Wembley Arena 12th
LG Arena, Birmingham - 13th May

(from http://www.beatthetouts.com)

its not on Kiss' official website or any of the venues but its in todays Daily Record (Scottish newspaper) http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2009/11/22/rock-legends-kiss-to-hit-scotland-as-part-of-european-tour-86908-21841304/

Can anyone point me to a pre-sale site or code please!

this has just made my day!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #449 on: November 22, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »

The new album is tripe.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #450 on: November 23, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »

I'd consider seeing them in Glasgow, but May is uni exam season and knowing my luck, I'll have one exam and it'll be on the ninth....

Ooh, decisions, decisions.....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #451 on: November 25, 2009, 03:20:08 PM »

pre-sale through planet rock website, starting 10am, 26th Nov
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »

Gene Simmons Sued Over Alleged Shopping Mall Attack

Kiss bassist, comic book superhero and celebrity playboy Gene Simmons successfully dodged a restraining order on Wednesday only to be smacked by a civil lawsuit on Thursday. TMZ reports that Nathan Marlowe and Cynthia Manzo are suing Simmons over an alleged incident of assault and battery, which in turn, of course, caused the couple emotional distress.

No word on whether or not "theft" is included in the action itself, but the complaint stems from a December 19 incident, at a Los Angeles area shopping mall, that Marlowe claims ended by Simmons making off with his camera. First, however, Simmons is accused of grabbing both Marlowe and Manzo by the neck, in turn, and threatening their lives. Simmons was provoked when Marlowe tried to film him at the mall, asking him questions about his sexual reputation.

Simmons -- internationally known for his tongue-wagging sexual innuendos -- famously claims to have slept with over a thousand women. But, apparently, he doesn't like to be questioned about it while doing last-minute holiday shopping. Or something.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/12/24/gene-simmons/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »

CALLING DR. LOVE: KISS INVADES THE SUPER BOWL

Only ET is behind the scenes with legendary rockers Kiss on their first-ever Dr Pepper Super Bowl commercial -- featuring Mini Kiss!

"The basic premise of this is I'm Dr. Love -- you're not," Gene Simmons tells ET. "Dr. Love is here to make you all feel better, girls."

Airing during the second quarter of the big game this Sunday, the ad features the return of Gene as Dr. Love along with lead singer Paul Stanley and the rest of the Kiss line-up rocking onstage with Mini Kiss, extolling the virtues of Dr Pepper Cherry's uniquely smooth taste.

"It's a little hint of Kiss with a little hint of cherry," says Paul in pitchman mode.

"It's always the sincerest form of flattery," says Gene of the band's pint-sized counterparts. "Mini Kiss has everything that we have -- perhaps not the same size, but then size isn't important? Yes, it is important, isn't it?"

"That's right, and they work for half price," adds Paul. "Their songs are shorter."

Native New Yorker and major Kiss fan Joey Fatale, who plays mini Gene, came up with the idea for his tribute band one day while looking at one of the Kiss albums.
"It just popped in my head, the name Mini Kiss," he explains. "I said this'll be cool - four little people dressed up as Kiss." After their first gig at Studio 54 in Manhattan, they were an overnight success, and the rest is history.

"If it wasn't for Kiss, we wouldn't be here," he says reverently.

Video: http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/02/83582/index.html

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:13 AM »

Going to see Kiss for the first time on Sunday  ok

not the biggest fan, but I think that it'll be some show

Pyro galore! by all accounts the Sheffield date went down really well

anyone on here been to / going to any of the Sonic Boom over Europe gigs?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »

According to AOL's Noisecreep, KISS has announced the next leg of its U.S. tour in support of the band's latest studio album, "Sonic Boom", featuring stops in both amphitheaters and arenas.

Instead of selecting an established band as support, KISS has teamed up with Guitar Center to discover a talented, unsigned act. The Guitar Center On-Stage competition will allow unsigned rock bands to compete for a chance to open for KISS at 22 different tour stops. The winning band will also receive a $10,000 Guitar Center shopping spree. Unsigned bands can begin registering June 1.

KISS tour dates:

Jul. 23 - Cheyenne, WY - Cheyenne Frontier Days
Jul. 24 - Minot, ND - North Dakota State Fair
Jul. 29 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Pavilion
Jul. 30 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
Jul. 31 - Hershey, PA - Hershey Park Stadium
Aug. 06 - Philadelphia, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
Aug. 07 - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
Aug. 09 - Indianapolis, IN - Indiana State Fairgrounds
Aug. 13 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Aug. 14 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 15 - Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion
Aug. 19 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Arena
Aug. 20 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 21 - Washington DC - Jiffy Lube Live
Aug. 27 - Virginia Beach, VA - Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Aug. 28 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Aug. 29 - Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
Sep. 02 - Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheatre
Sep. 03 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Sep. 04 - St. Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair
Sep. 10 - Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
Sep. 11 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Sep. 12 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Sep. 17 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sep. 18 - Dallas, TX - Pizza Hut Park
Sep. 19 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Sep. 22 - Sandy, UT - Rio Tinto Stadium
Sep. 24 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion

Tickets for many shows go on sale June 4 via Live Nation.

The members of KISS will donate a dollar from every ticket sold to the Wounded Warriors Project. This charity benefits the United States Armed Forces.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »

Fuck it, I could have seen them in Glasgow earlier this month. Hopefully they come this way again soon, would be great to see them live.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »

their shows at rock am ring streams live right now here http://livestream.mtv.de/rar/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »

Fuck yeah THANKS DUDE

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #459 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »

Kiss special on CNN Money this Sunday Night at 8pm.  I watched some clips on line, it looks really cool.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/10/20/kiss-to-be-profiled-by-cnn-money/
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: