Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 141758 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2004, 06:04:43 PM »

Setlist for tonight's show in Nagoya:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Dr. Love
C'mon On And Love Me
Cold Gin
Got To Choose
War Machine (Gene breathes fire)
Lick It Up
Parasite
She (Tommy guitar solo)
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Unholy (bass solo, blood, Gene flies)
Shout It Out Loud
I Was Made For Lovin' You (Paul flies)
Detroit Rock City

God Gave Rock And Roll To You II
Rock And Roll All Night

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2004, 05:46:36 PM »

KISS wrapped up their 2004 tour of Japan with the first ever visit to Kanazawa, Japan. Yet again, a new setlist for tonight`s show:

King Of The Night Time World
Deuce
Makin' Love
I Love It Loud
Sukiyaki
Got To Choose
Love Her All I Can
Lick It Up
Parasite
She (Tommy guitar solo)
I Want You
Goin` Blind
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Love Gun
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

Next stop... America!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2004, 05:47:24 PM »

KISS frontman Paul Stanley has spoken to the San Antonio Express-News about the group's upcoming "Rock The Nation" North American tour with POISON, which kicks off June 10 in Selma, Texas.

"People know when they pay to see KISS they're going to get something to see," said Stanley. "When KISS first came on the scene, I think we were a wake-up call to audiences that they were getting cheated. The idea of us coming out and sitting on stools on a Persian carpet or something isn't gonna happen. KISS remains KISS. It's walls of amplifiers, video screens built into the amps. New KISS is about as necessary as new Coke. It's still
KISS, but the blade's been sharpened."

According to Stanley, KISS are digging deep into their vast catalog to unearth long-hidden gems to perform on the upcoming trek.

"Not only did we shake up the set list, but we also did two small shows (in Australia recently) in theaters where we virtually played a slew of songs that either never have been played or haven't been played in 25 years,"
Stanley said. "We did a two-hour set without the benefit of special effects or pyro that consisted of 'C'mon and Love Me', 'Goin' Blind', 'Makin' Love', 'All the Way', 'Got to Choose', 'Hotter than Hell', you name it. We're
really fired up, because at this point on any given night we can throw in whatever we feel like playing."

With regards to the absence of drummer Peter Criss from the current tour, Paul said, "We created some great things together and I'd rather think about the positive things we did than start airing dirty laundry. The fact is,
it's easy for somebody to portray themselves as a victim when they don't want to take responsibility for their position. For all the good we accomplished, I will always wish Peter well. It wasn't working anymore for a lot of reasons and it was best for the band and the audience to bring Eric [Singer] back."

As for Frehley, Stanley said, "Ace, for years, had an ambivalence, to put it mildly, about being in the band because he felt it was keeping him from his solo project. Ultimately, Ace opted out. The door doesn't swing both ways. At some point, you can only walk through that door so many times and then the lock gets changed. This is hallowed ground and you're expected to give a hundred percent. If you don't, I have a problem with that."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2004, 05:30:31 PM »

On the eve of the release of his long-awaited new solo album, "Asshole", KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons spoke to Billboard magazine about the group's impressive legacy. The following are some of the highlights of that interview:

Billboard: How do you respond to people who say the band isn't really Kiss unless it consists of the original members: you, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss?

Gene Simmons: "I used to believe that."

"Any rules we have for the band are rules we decide for ourselves. There are lots of bands that have lost members who people might have thought were irreplaceable, but the bands got replacements and the bands got bigger: AC/DC, VAN HALEN, THE ROLLING STONES, THE WHO.

"I love Ace, Peter and Paul. They helped me get to where I am. I hate myself for not standing up to Ace and Peter sooner when they were destroying themselves."

Billboard: Last year, Ace Frehley told billboard.com that it was deceptive of you and Paul Stanley to tour as Kiss without him. He asserted at the time that he was "into a health kick" and fit to play. What would you say to Ace right now?

Gene Simmons: "I hope you're happy, but you're not allowed to be in the band. There's no way we'd let you onstage and subject people to your erratic behavior. It doesn't matter if you're an original member. If you mess up, you're an ex-member. And that goes for me, too."

Billboard: Why didn't you assume the management of Kiss?

Gene Simmons: "Paul has a lot to do with KISS' ideas. He's one of the best frontmen ever. There's a friendly, brotherly rivalry with us. If one of us goes a little too far, the other one wants to pull him back. So if I'm managing the band, where does that leave Paul? The thing that keeps this band going is the continuing and abiding respect that Paul and I have for each other."

Billboard: If Paul Stanley wrote his autobiography, what do you think he would say about you?

Gene Simmons: "He would say that I'm a workaholic and that I've got the biggest ego he's ever met. And I think he'd say, and rightfully so, that I get a lot of credit for ideas he came up with."

Billboard: Can you give some examples?

Gene Simmons: "I didn't think of the name of the band. Paul did. I didn't design the KISS logo. Ace did, and then Paul actually drew the original version, which is used today."

Read Gene Simmons' entire interview with Billboard at this location.

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2004, 11:50:12 PM »

anyone seen those promo's on mtv and vh1 for Gene Simmon's new solo album? Good god the clips were incredibly bad and it sounded terrible, i don't know what he was going for, but it was just cheesy. kinda funny though.

What Goes around comes around!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 07:52:50 PM »

According to KissOnline.com, Universal Music will be releasing on August 10 a new two-disc set from KISS, called "KISS Gold (1974?1982)". The complete track listing for the set is as follows:

Disc One:

01. Strutter
02. Nothin' To Lose
03. Firehouse
04. Deuce
05. Black Diamond
06. Got To Choose
07. Parasite
08. Hotter Than Hell
09. C'mon And Love Me
10. She
11. Anything For My Baby
12. Rock Bottom Live
13. Cold Gin Live
14. Rock And Roll All Nite Live
15. Let Me Go, Rock ?N Roll Live
16. Detroit Rock City
17. King Of The Night Time World
18. Shout It Out Loud
19. Beth
20. Do You Love Me?

Disc Two:

01. I Want You
02. Calling Dr. Love
03. Hard Luck Woman
04. I Stole Your Love
05. Love Gun
06. Christine Sixteen
07. Shock Me
08. Makin' Love Live
09. God Of Thunder Live
10. Tonight You Belong To Me
11. New York Groove
12. Radioactive
13. Don't You Let Me Down
14. I Was Made For Loving You
15. Sure Know Something
16. Shandi
17. Talk To Me
18. A World Without Heroes
19. Nowhere To Run
20. I'm A Legend Tonight

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2004, 04:13:57 PM »

KISS kicked off the US leg of the Rock The Nation Tour tonight in San Antonio, Texas. Setlist for tonight's show:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Dr. Love
C'mon On And Love Me
Cold Gin
Got To Choose
Lick It Up
Parasite
She (Tommy guitar solo)
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

They opened with Love Gun, attacking it like it was the first time they'd played it live. Even after all these years these guys never appear to be tired of playing the classics. They played several songs that I hadn't seen them do live, even though I have seen them several times starting back in the early 80's.

Gene flew, Paul soared through the amphitheater and performed from a stage in the middle of the audience. Risers lifted Eric and his drums above the stage. Oh and of course there was blood, explosions and as always the KISS logo behind the band in lights. Damn these guys put on one hell of a show!

Let's not forget that Poison started the evening with one hell of a performance. They definitely got things primed for KISS. Even thought they had some sound problems, they played well and had a great setlist. Seeing Poison alone was worth the price I paid for the tickets, seeing KISS on top of that was like winning the lottery.

GO SEE THIS CONCERT, and buy the live cd afterwards !!! Thanks guys for one hell of an evening !!!

Dizzy
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2004, 05:39:49 PM »

GO SEE THIS CONCERT, and buy the live cd afterwards !!!

Live CD?  Do explain!

I can't believe they did "I Want You"!  I fuckin love that song!  I hope they keep it in the set and perform it at the July 24 Bristow, Virginia show, because I will be there!   Cool
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2004, 04:39:25 PM »

http://www.instantliveconcerts.com/

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
strange_days
Opening Act

Jim the king

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2004, 07:56:36 PM »

Why dont Kiss come to Britain. Its just plain rude.
Anyone seen the video for Genes cover of Firestarter?  
Dizzy
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2004, 10:48:30 PM »

Why dont Kiss come to Britain. Its just plain rude.

Didn't you hear?  They are not touring the UK this year because the UK promoters would not pay Paul and Gene the amount of money they wanted.  In other words, Paul and Gene are too damn greedy to play for the UK.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2004, 04:28:52 PM »

KISS treated the KISS Army to yet another new setlist in Dallas, Texas:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Christine 16
Cold Gin
Got To Choose
Lick It Up
Parasite with end of She (Tommy guitar solo)
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

DALLAS - Kiss is all about the live show -- always has been, always will be. They play loud and give their diehard fans what they came to hear.

The 30-year-old band made the 13,134 Kiss Army members shout it out loud Friday night at Smirnoff Music Centre.

The stage was filled with monitors and speakers, and the pyrotechnics were as plentiful as they were in the band's '70s heyday. Original members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley -- the CEOs, if you will, of the Kiss empire -- seem to be unwilling or unable to let the Kiss party end.

And why should they? The fans were as eager as ever for the bombastic theatrics. This tour, which started Thursday in San Antonio, will take the band all over the nation this summer. Big crowds will surely greet them everywhere.

The band played mostly hits from the '70s, including the show opener, Love Gun. The pyrotechnics were fired up instantly and felt like a blow-dryer in the face as far as 30 rows back. Simmons, swaggering in his vintage black-studded, bondage-leather costume, spat blood, breathed fire and, yes, wagged his tongue. Stanley, shirtless in black tights, with his Starchild logo on his fanny -- which he shamelessly shook all night -- constantly begged the crowd to make noise.

A few surprises on the set lists were Parasite and Got to Choose, two songs from the band's second album, Hotter Than Hell, from 1974. Of course, they played Shout It Out Loud and Detroit Rock City, and they ended with Rock and Roll All Night.

During their rendition of God Gave Rock 'n Roll to You, a montage of clips featuring bands from the Beatles to Bruce Springsteen played on the big screen at the back of the stage. Spliced in were moments from Kiss concerts past. It was sort of a nod to the artists that inspire Kiss.

What can be said that hasn't already been said. These guys are ageless. As much as I love Ace and Pete, These wheels just keep getting stronger. After almost 2 Dozen KISS shows and being a KISS Army Member since the Mid 70's I now have a ages 6 & 9 . Although we had been to 5 shows as a family, last night in Dallas blew our doors off. 5th row center stage.

Gene and Paul have the energy of guys half thier age. I applaude and thank you for leading the life style that allows you to get up there night after night, with the travel schedule and the length of show and continue to dominate a stage the way you guys do. Tommy and Eric, You have WON me over, It is clear to someone sitting so close that you guys are top of the line pros and are truely enjoying what you are part of. KISS is a force, Something far greater then a band. I hope you keep the wheels churning. Forget the few technical mic misshaps and what have you. As much as you want to pull everything of perfect, and it is obvious by the look on Pauls face last night that you do, Just remeber that when you guys are playting the fans really do feel it is for us. So many so called legends seem to look past that, not you guys.

Thanks for a rockin 30 years, heres to the next 30 !!!! Anyone who can go to see this show owes it to them selves to do so, If you are not a KISS fan you will become one, if you are, its just another reminder of why this Band Kicks ASS and why you signed on to begin with. Great set list BTW. KISSFAN MIKE SINCE '74
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:32:35 PM by malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 04:30:19 PM »

Setlist in Houston, Texas:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Christine 16
C'mon And Love Me
Got To Choose
Lick It Up
Parasite with end of She (Tommy guitar solo)
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2004, 05:25:27 PM »

If you want to hear 3 full songs from the Houston Instant Live! CDs here they are:

http://www.villarrealdoan.com/mp3samples.htm

Remember, these aren't fixed up. They were sold immediately after the concert. KISS sound so tight and fresh.

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 12:56:05 PM »

Setlist in Denver, CO:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Christine 16
Lick It Up
Got To Choose
She
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

Setlist in Albuquerque, NM:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Dr. Love
Lick It Up
Got To Choose
Parasite with end of She
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

Setlist in Phoenix:

Love Gun
Deuce
Makin' Love
Christine Sixteen
Lick It Up
Got To Choose
Parasite with end of She
I Want You
I Love It Loud
100,000 Years
Shout It Out Loud
Detroit Rock City

Rock And Roll All Night

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004, 03:54:24 AM »

Marty Hughley of The Oregonian reports that Portland native Tommy Thayer is living large these days as lead guitarist for KISS, taking over for original member Ace Frehley, even donning the famous Spaceman makeup and costume. It's a career peak for a self-described "geeky kid from Beaverton" who fell under the KISS spell when he was 13.

"He's very much like we are," KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley said of Thayer. "We started KISS because we love rock 'n' roll and we weren't seeing the kind of band we really wanted. So, I'm not only in the band, but I'm a fan of the band. And so's Tommy."

With regards to the fact that Thayer has adopted Ace's Spaceman costume and makeup rather than taking on an identity of his own, Stanley said, "There's no way we're gonna dilute the image by putting Chicken Man, or whatever, onstage. By this point, you can go almost anywhere in the world and show someone a picture of KISS and they'll know who it is. But you'd be hard-pressed to find all that many people who know the individuals. KISS is a philosophy, a way of looking at the fans as well as the band.

"[Tommy's] proved himself to be solid," Stanley added. "Not just as a musician, but in many respects, as a person. Hot players are a dime a dozen. There are a whole lot of slimebags and drug addicts who can play guitar really well. That's not what it takes to get up there.

"You gotta remember that the first major show he played with KISS was in a huge stadium with a 70-piece orchestra. If you can handle that, you can handle anything. It was his turn to get off the bench and start hitting home runs." Read more.

Dizzy
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2004, 06:55:03 PM »

With regards to the fact that Thayer has adopted Ace's Spaceman costume and makeup rather than taking on an identity of his own, Stanley said, "There's no way we're gonna dilute the image by putting Chicken Man, or whatever, onstage. By this point, you can go almost anywhere in the world and show someone a picture of KISS and they'll know who it is. But you'd be hard-pressed to find all that many people who know the individuals.  

MESSAGE FOR MR. PAUL STANLEY

You sir, are full of SHIT.   Angry

EVERYBODY knows who Ace Frehley is, every Kiss fan at least.  Your statements are fucking wrong on so many levels.  It is WRONG to say that fans do not know who the band members are, it is WRONG to insinuate that Kiss is only about a "philosophy", and it is WRONG to insult the legacy of a great guitarist by putting his attire on someone else and saying that there is no difference.  

Mr. Stanley, you have already diluted the Kiss name, by putting the makeup of two icons (Peter and Ace) on two other guys and insulting the fans by telling them that many of us don't know or should not know the difference.  You're a talented man, but you're a fucking money-grubbing dick, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Fuck you Paul Stanley.   Angry
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 09:43:07 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2004, 09:16:14 PM »

Wow thats an awsome post Dizzy...i agree with u 100% man. Rock on

Dizzy
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2004, 09:48:34 PM »

Wow thats an awsome post Dizzy...i agree with u 100% man. Rock on

You know, it makes me wonder what would happen if the tables were turned....let's hypothetically suppose that it was Ace and Peter who were donning the makeup and the Kiss moniker, and putting Paul's and Gene's makeup on two other guys.  What would Paul say then?  Would he still say "Kiss is a philosophy, nobody knows the individual band members" if he was the one looking at the band without him, if he was the one watching someone else play the songs he helped turn into classics, if he was the one watching someone else wear the makeup and costume that he made famous?

I highly doubt it, I think Mr. "Money is my middle name" Stanley would be singing a very different tune if he was on the outside of the glass looking in.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2004, 10:39:27 PM »

I agree man....i will admit that there would be no kiss without Paul and Gene,but they shouldnt disrespect them like that...they said in one interview it wasnt about the money bit it clearly is no

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: