Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 141765 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2004, 09:36:25 AM »

http://www.kissonline.com/archives/photos/body_2004.html

Some great Kiss pictures from the Rock The Nation Tour
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 09:39:06 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dizzy
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2004, 01:11:45 AM »

Well, I was at the Bristow, VA show tonight (July 24th).  Poison put on one hell of a show, though they could've played longer.  Some crappy band called ZO2 wasted our time at the onset of the show.

For starters, Paul Stanley stated they were filming the show for a live concert video.   Cool

Kiss (what's left of them) put on a good show.  Eric Singer is a phenomenal drummer, but he isn't the loose, easygoing stylish drummer that Peter Criss is.  Peter was sorely missing tonight.  And Tommy Thayer is a great guitarist, but he has ZERO stage presence.  I thought this last year too.  Good player or not, the guy just does not look like he belongs there, and he definitely does not belong in the makeup and attire of an icon such as Ace Frehley.  One thing that kept pissing me off was that Paul Stanley repeatedly referred to us as Washington DC, when Bristow is very much in Virginia, and about 25-30 miles away from DC.  Next time do your research on where you're playing, Mr. Stanley.

Aside from that, they put on a great show and they played some rarely heard songs.  One welcome addition to the setlist was none other than my personal favorite Kiss song "Psycho Circus"!  I went nuts over the inclusion of that one, and it seems this is one of the first shows they've played it at, because it isn't on any of the previously listed setlists.  "All the Way" also seems to be a new addition to the set.

The songs they did (can't remember the exact order).  I hope I am not forgetting any...

Love Gun
Deuce
Detroit Rock City
Got to Choose
All the Way
Shout it Out Loud
Makin' Love
Psycho Circus
I Want You
Parasite
100,000 Years
Unholy
Lick it up
War Machine
I Love it Loud
I Was Made for Lovin' You

God Gave Rock n Roll to You II
Rock n Roll All Night

Poison's setlist (not in order)....

Look What the Cat Dragged in
Something to believe in
Every Rose Has its Thorn
Fallen Angel
Unskinny Bop
Your Mama Don't Dance
I Won't Forget You
Ride the Wind
Nothin But a Good Time
Talk Dirty to Me
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 11:23:36 AM by Dizzy » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2004, 12:37:17 AM »

Is this still considered the Fairwell tour that they started like in 1998?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2004, 10:11:09 AM »

No...i dont belive so...

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
RichardNixon
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2004, 11:22:28 PM »

With regards to the fact that Thayer has adopted Ace's Spaceman costume and makeup rather than taking on an identity of his own, Stanley said, "There's no way we're gonna dilute the image by putting Chicken Man, or whatever, onstage. By this point, you can go almost anywhere in the world and show someone a picture of KISS and they'll know who it is. But you'd be hard-pressed to find all that many people who know the individuals. ?

I agreed with you 100 percent...untill I saw KISS a few weeks ago in Boston at the Tweeter Center...GREAT SHOW! One of the best I have ever seen. The band kicked ass, they really gave it 100 percent. And yes, I do think Thayer and Singer should get new costumes/makeup (like Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr did in the early 80s) but if they use Frehley and Chris' makeup, so be it.
MESSAGE FOR MR. PAUL STANLEY

You sir, are full of SHIT. ? Angry

EVERYBODY knows who Ace Frehley is, every Kiss fan at least. ?Your statements are fucking wrong on so many levels. ?It is WRONG to say that fans do not know who the band members are, it is WRONG to insinuate that Kiss is only about a "philosophy", and it is WRONG to insult the legacy of a great guitarist by putting his attire on someone else and saying that there is no difference. ?

Mr. Stanley, you have already diluted the Kiss name, by putting the makeup of two icons (Peter and Ace) on two other guys and insulting the fans by telling them that many of us don't know or should not know the difference. ?You're a talented man, but you're a fucking money-grubbing dick, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Fuck you Paul Stanley. ? Angry
RichardNixon
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2004, 09:11:33 PM »

If you want a really great rock album and don't have this album, I would highly recommend it. I think it might be KISS' best album. Eric Carr was their best drummer and Vinnie Vincent was one of their best guitarist and songwriters (although Ace Frehley is credited for playing on the album and is on the cover, he did not play on the album). This album came out in '82, and it has an 80s feel to it, yet it also has a classic KISS feel to as well. It wasn't bogged down with ballads and synths like some of the later day KISS albums from the 80s. Every track is a winner, with "Saint and Sinner," Rock and Roll Hell," "I Love it Loud" and the title track being standouts. I'd give this album five starts out of five.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2004, 09:14:02 PM »

finally we agree on something!

Kiss are so underrated, a band that critics and alot of others could never see past the spectacle to appreciate how great they really are.

i absolutely love "war machine"  "i still love you" is one of the best rock ballads ever! u are right every song is a winner on this record and Eric Carr will always be the best rock drummer ever in my eyes!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RichardNixon
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2004, 09:22:43 PM »

finally we agree on something!

Kiss are so underrated, a band that critics and alot of others could never see past the spectacle to appreciate how great they really are.

i absolutely love "war machine"? "i still love you" is one of the best rock ballads ever! u are right every song is a winner on this record and Eric Carr will always be the best rock drummer ever in my eyes!

I agree  ok The only KISS album that I never could get into is Crazy Nights.

Carnival of Souls is also really underrated, IMHO.

When I die, maybe I can be burried in one of those KISS KASKETS.
RichardNixon
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2004, 09:27:11 PM »

I used to own it, but I didn't like it.? Like most of the Criss/Frehley-less Kiss records, it lacked a certain punch.?

I think that Eric Carr and Eric Singer were/are better drummers than Peter Criss. While Ace Frehley was not KISS' best guitarist, technically speaking, he was their coolest guitar player with the best riffs. Check out "Into the Void" from the Psycho Circus album.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2004, 09:33:56 PM »

all u have to do is listen to "carr jam" on 1992's "REVENGE" cd and u will see why i think Eric Carr is the greatest drummer ever. i hate drum solo's but his is fuckin mind blowin!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dizzy
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2004, 09:44:38 PM »

I think that Eric Carr and Eric Singer were/are better drummers than Peter Criss.

They're both better drummers "technically" (I hate that word!) but they lack that loose jazz-influenced drum technique that defined so many of the early Kiss songs.  That's why I could never accept any other drummer than Peter with Kiss.  I've seen Kiss live twice, once with Peter Criss and once with Eric Singer.  Eric made the band sound tighter, but that was precisely the problem; he was too "good" and not loose and easygoing enough to make the Kiss songs sound like Kiss songs.

While Ace Frehley was not KISS' best guitarist, technically speaking, he was their coolest guitar player with the best riffs. Check out "Into the Void" from the Psycho Circus album.

It's interesting, because just like the last two Criss-era Kiss albums, Dynasty and Unmasked, Ace and Peter didn't play much on Psycho Circus, even though they are credited.  "Into the Void" was the only song where all four of them played all the way through.  Peter didn't play drums on the rest of the album, some session drummer did.  Ace did the solos on the other songs, but he didn't play many of the riffs.  But on "Into the Void", Ace insisted that Peter play drums.  Apparently, the producer Bruce Fairborn said he didn't think Ace and Peter could make the kind of record that he wanted, so he opted to use session musicians, even though Paul and Gene both wanted Ace and Peter to play on the album.  This decision was openly despised by Peter Criss, who gave an interview recently saying that the Psycho Circus album and tour was trash because it deceived the world into thinking it was him on drums, and tour-wise, he had to learn to play someone else's parts and pretend they were his.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2004, 01:46:30 AM »

I own Kiss' debut album, Dressed To Kill, and Destroyer.  The debut and Destroyer are excellent, but I always thought Dressed To Kill was pretty lame (the production is awfully flat, and there's a lot of filler).  I'd heard Creatures was a good album, but I'd also heard it was just "an attempt to revert to their original hard rock sound" after their concept album and New Wave experiment.  Anyway, after reading some of what you guys said on this thread, I think I'll definitely have to check it out.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2004, 01:49:20 AM »

I have every Kiss album and it is probably the 3rd worst album they ever released.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2004, 05:18:59 AM »

you are kidding right?
i think Creatures is mad as, i love it.
Its better then Dressed...

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
slave2thegrind
Headliner

Duff is the man

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2004, 09:56:53 AM »

I love Creatures of the Night...the drumming in that album is nice and heavy...It's an album that I could listen to every song continuously...truly a wicked album, and probably one of their more overlooked gems

- Mike (The Slave)
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »

Yeah, Creatures is a great album and I love that bombastic drum sound. But my favorite, is 1976's Rock And Roll Over. Great Album!

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2004, 04:13:30 PM »

According to a report in USA Today, the KISS Rock the Nation Tour (with POISON) is amongst the flops of this summer Tours. Kiss sold 49% of all tickets with an average of 8,444 tickets sold per show. Hottest Acts were rather unknown bands like JIMMY BUFFET, PHISH and the DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, who sold more than 20.000 tickets per show. Also, MADONNA and PRINCE have sold 100% of their tickets. "Kiss may have rang that farewell tour bell one too many times," says Ray Waddell from Billboard Magazine. "There were only two originals. And how many times can you go to the well without offering something new and different."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2004, 04:50:38 PM »

I can believe crap like PRICE sold 100% I guess people love hearing rasberry buray live.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2004, 12:53:45 AM »

im not much of a fan of Prince but the man can play ok, he is known as one of the best performers in the world, especially on guitar.

But anyway, it's sad to read shit like that, i read it on Blabbermouth.net, they cant really say 'okay, we're really gonna disappear this time, another farwell Roll Eyes

Just kill it now Gene n' Paul you money hungry fucks, before you's know it you'll be doing nightly Vegas shows hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2004, 01:54:20 AM »

im not much of a fan of Prince but the man can play ok, he is known as one of the best performers in the world, especially on guitar.

So can a million other people in this world! 99% of those people choose not to be entertainers, But are still great all around musicians. When I think of one TRUE musical genius, only one person comes to mind, Beethoven. This man could actually hear every instrument in his head. Prince is nothing but polished pop masturbation.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: