Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The KISS Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The KISS Thread  (Read 142204 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2005, 10:41:51 PM »

I wonder what the Kiss freaks think about this? confused

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2005, 11:29:15 PM »

If that's true, that's crazy!  You know, the beauty of wearing all that make up is that no one can see how old you have gotten!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2005, 11:45:28 PM »

I do enjoy some of KISS's music.. but this really shows that KISS is nothing more than a stage act.. not a musical act.

Actually.. this seems like a boyband thing to me.. like minuto.. or whatever they were called. Just keep adding new members..

They be a Vegas show worth watching for sure!  ok

gnrevolution.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2005, 12:55:54 AM »

I saw Kiss on there last 2 tours, the 1st was a Farwell Tour  Roll Eyes, 2nd was Rock The Nation.
I've got a hand full of albums, some expensive toys  n' they do put on a great show, but a wont see em' again..never!!!

Gene especially aint gettin' one more cent from me, they way he carries on now, n' maybe if an official Kiss cover band was playing here n' there in the states when these guys are older that would be cool, but i think Gene n' Paul are thinking much bigger then that Roll Eyes

Prob start makin' new albums hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
RichardNixon
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2005, 12:59:06 AM »

I love KISS, one of my favorite bands. I can take the scabs, as long as they have Gene and Paul. But four new members? No. And the fans wont go for it either.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 03:18:33 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2005, 03:03:41 AM »

Kiss' music is very very underrated, they have some great riffs and songs, I dont know why people shit on Kiss for, their music holds up without the theatrics.

Gene better not be thinkin of finding 3  new members cause u cant have Kiss without Paul Stanley.

This would be like if Axl found new people and called it GNR, I mean seriously, who the fuck would do something like that? hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2005, 03:16:02 AM »

Kiss' music is very very underrated, they have some great riffs and songs, I dont know why people shit on Kiss for, their music holds up without the theatrics.

Gene better not be thinkin of finding 3? new members cause u cant have Kiss without Paul Stanley.

This would be like if Axl found new people and called it GNR, I mean seriously, who the fuck would do something like that? hihi
hmm....I thought Axl did find new people and called it GNR. hihi D, you're joking right? confused
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2005, 05:50:08 AM »

i betcha they'll start off with doin' shows without the other (Gene n' Paul), just ta make it easier!! hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2005, 06:49:06 AM »

Gene better not be thinkin of finding 3? new members cause u cant have Kiss without Paul Stanley.

The new Kiss would be 4 new members. None of the old members would be involved.

Buddy J.B.
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2005, 07:54:25 AM »

Gene better not be thinkin of finding 3  new members cause u cant have Kiss without Paul Stanley.

The new Kiss would be 4 new members. None of the old members would be involved.
and what, 4 new musicians play music just so the old Kiss members can get paid? Dude, I don't care how much I love their music, that is not cool.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2005, 09:57:36 AM »

That is just stupid, why do that?? I think sometimes the band members think that they can do whatever they want to their history as a group, and sometimes it really sucks big time, this is one of them.

No man can be my equal
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2005, 10:44:25 AM »

Hmm, let's not all go crazy just yet...

This is interesting.  With the make up and all, they could keep the Kiss legend going properly this way.  It's never been done before...it could work.  If Gene and Paul were to help them with the songwriting and, hell, maybe even manage them...

Could be kinda cool. Undecided
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2005, 03:00:25 PM »

Never gonna happen.  It would be nothing but a cover band to fans.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2005, 08:46:09 PM »

Pardon the pun, but labelling anything "New" is the kiss of death.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2005, 12:49:09 AM »

Did you guys hear about how Kiss's manager and Gene Simmons are considering creating a NEW Kiss with the old makeup and brand new members?

according to a Paul Stanley comment, they consider the current lineup to be the "new" Kiss.? In other words, Gene and Paul and whoever they decide to throw into the makeup that was made famous by Peter Criss and Ace Frehley, the guys who should rightfully own the rights to their own makeup/costumes.

Never gonna happen.  It would be nothing but a cover band to fans.

Hell, most true Kiss fans now consider the band to be a cover act, since they're missing half of the original members.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 12:51:02 AM by Bridge » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2005, 01:38:25 AM »

About 20 years ago their was "The new Monkees," TV show and all. Needles to say it bombed.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2005, 01:50:34 AM »

Did you guys hear about how Kiss's manager and Gene Simmons are considering creating a NEW Kiss with the old makeup and brand new members?

according to a Paul Stanley comment, they consider the current lineup to be the "new" Kiss.? In other words, Gene and Paul and whoever they decide to throw into the makeup that was made famous by Peter Criss and Ace Frehley, the guys who should rightfully own the rights to their own makeup/costumes.

Never gonna happen.? It would be nothing but a cover band to fans.

Hell, most true Kiss fans now consider the band to be a cover act, since they're missing half of the original members.
This news isnt about old members. It will be 4 new members.

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2005, 04:15:33 AM »

Perhas the KISS Demon will have work after all Grin

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2005, 05:41:04 AM »

thats a crap idea. and btw, KISS' music rocks.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2005, 01:19:22 PM »

KISS frontman Paul Stanley recently spoke to The Plain Dealer about the group's just-released "Kiss Rock the Nation Live!" (Image Entertainment), a two-DVD set shot in Washington, D.C., on the group's 2004 tour.

"It really, for me, resoundingly validates why this band exists," says singer-guitarist Paul Stanley, who's looking for a label home for a solo album he recently finished. "It's not a tepid re-creation of the past. It's really an ageless beast that dominates at will. It's timeless."

Stanley says the current lineup, which includes co-founder Gene Simmons plus drummer Eric Singer and guitarist Tommy Thayer, has the musical dexterity to incorporate more songs, something KISS' original lineup lacked.

"Unfortunately, after the [1996] reunion tour, old problems and old limitations and old roadblocks began to pop up again," Stanley says. "We were pretty much limited to the same set list for all subsequent tours, and that was not fun, challenging or what I wanted us to be doing.

"It took some regrouping and changing to keep marching forward, but this [lineup] allows us to maintain the best of what we are and what we have been. There was no desire to change, just to sharpen the blade. The band has never been better."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: