Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 62994 times)
Chodem
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2005, 02:03:18 AM »

I do, however, remember reading Zakk Wylde saying that there were a bunch of kick ass songs and that he had like a 2 minute shredding outro to one and he was saying "Axl, just release the damn album, it's good enough already."  So whatever song that is, if you trust Zakk, you can toss that on to the pile of worthy songs.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2005, 02:07:59 AM »

The thing is, if Axl is waiting for the musical landscape to change before releasing CD he is messing up because I think Axl is what WILL change the musical landscape.

I used to think hes waiting for the "right time" but I dont think thats the case. I just think Axl is on his own dam schedule and nothing will take him off of that. When he feels it ready to release the album he will do it. I think its that cut n dry. And that doesnt necissarily mean in regards to the material. I think it means more about being "mentally" and physically into touring, and probably the biggest thing is being in the spotlight again. Axl is a rock god and he has done jack shit for a decade. He still sparks an interest yet he probably doesnt get hounded every where he goes. He probably likes that. When releasing CD and being out there his whole lifestyle changes again.

I am a huge Axl believer but after a few more years im gonna have to start thinking that maybe he just doesnt have the material, I mean it is possible...
Its def possible. And if that were the case then Id chalk it up to the material not being what he visioned it to be. And thats fine too. For me it would mean he thought highly of what hes doing and didnt want to tarnish the gnr name with crappy music.

But I doubt its the case. Tehres so much shit we dont even know about regarding this band in terms of behind the scenes stuff. But a memorable album will take away everything. SO thats why Axl can take his time. Witht he material and the behind the scenes stuff...

but if its not out this coming yr...enough is enough and it prob will never come out

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2005, 02:34:35 AM »

I have great faith in the material though, I mean bands not have as talented as GNR are making pretty decent records, so u know after 10 years he has to have some major shit.

younggunner I think u are dead on.

I think axl is just deciding whether he wants the spotlight cause he is clearly someone who doesnt need it to be fulfilled.

he has millions, famous for ever, has all the notoriety and fame but yet isnt hounded, isnt stalked and can go places and be somewhat normal.

That is a lot to give up i do agree.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2005, 03:25:50 AM »

U dont replace guitarists like Izzy Stradlin and Slash easily.

Who is to say that Finck,Fortus and whoever else are capable of writing kick ass riffs?

Didnt geffen reject the album once as well?

Listen its real simple

u dont go through multiple producers and musicians if the music kicks ass and is full of masterpieces.

I think something is seriously wrong in GNR land.

it is possible that the songs we've heard were the Big Guns and once they werent received very well on tour that destroyed axl's confidence and they keep trying.

if the album was a masterpiece, we'd have it by now.
D makes a really good point, and this is something that all of us are gonna have to take into consideration in the coming year.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2005, 04:07:20 AM »

well...  even the songs we all listened to are good enough for chinese democracy.....imo.  and i think geffen would release everything axl gave them at the moment. so i guess it`n not the quality of the songs that lacks.....it`s just axl who`s responsable for the no-release.

and i agree with you younggunner. if there?s no sign of CD in `06 i`ll believe it`s never gonna come out

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2005, 04:12:34 AM »

None of us has ever heard the album so to all of you: don't speack about something you don't know.
You will be able to give your opinion on?the record when it is out. Not before. Don't criticize it before you hear it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 05:25:12 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2005, 05:11:17 AM »

None of us has ever heard the album so to all of you: don't speack about something you don't know.
You will be able to give your opinion on?the record when it is out. Not before.
You have been giving your opinion about it for along time. Dont tell other people they cant do the same.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2005, 06:08:24 AM »

You have been giving your opinion about it for along time. Dont tell other people they cant do the same.

Well said.

I have every confidence CD will be great. We've heard several songs, songs that I like already (Madagascar, The Blues, Rhyiad and IRS) and songs that I believe with a bit of work could be great (Chinese Democracy/Oh My God) Buckmaster was upbeat about the song Prostitute. And wasn't there good comments about TWAT from some film maker? And then there's Axl's piano interludes that could well be the backbone of any of the new songs.

If anything, I believe that there is probably SO much material that picking the wheat from the chaff may be the problem.

Here today...ready to rock
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2005, 06:13:26 AM »

You got me! Grin
jameslofton 1 - 0 nesquick? Tongue
More seriously, I just said the record will be great . I just want to say it's not good to criticize a record that none of us has ever heard.
the band needs support. Everybody out there want them to have success, I want the band to be huge, so let's support them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:15:07 AM by nesquick » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »

Well said.

And wasn't there good comments about TWAT from some film maker?

Actually, that film maker thought it sucked. The song was This I Love, not TWAT. I agree with everything else you said. peace

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2005, 09:17:55 AM »

You got me! Grin
jameslofton 1 - 0 nesquick? Tongue
More seriously, I just said the record will be great . I just want to say it's not good to criticize a record that none of us has ever heard.
the band needs support. Everybody out there want them to have success, I want the band to be huge, so let's support them.

To me you seem very opinionated about music (not that it's necessarily a bad thing mind you Wink ), so i wouldn't be surprised if you are among the first to voice displeasure if it doesn't meet your expectations. (eg. I wonder what you will say if buckethead's 'uninspired' shredding makes it to the final product nervous )

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2005, 09:37:31 AM »

It will depend on the music. You don't know me, so avoid to speak for myself? ok
I have no interest in Buckethead - for different reasons -? so no need to bring that on the table again especially since he is gone. He belongs to the past and that's perfect like that. I'm interested in the futur and as Richard said "the band is the same, minus Buckethead".
It makes me happy and full of energy when I think about that smoking
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:03:26 AM by nesquick » Logged

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2005, 09:42:10 AM »

Didn't Axl say he would release cd as soon as he had recorded enough to drop one every year after that, due to extensive touring plans. Somebody!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2005, 09:46:55 AM »

Didn't Axl say he would release cd as soon as he had recorded enough to drop one every year after that, due to extensive touring plans. Somebody!
true. But nobody knows if it's still relevant today. I hope so, but I don't know. The band has probably 2 or 3 albums worth of material, I mean... "ready" to be released.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2005, 09:53:24 AM »

if thats what Axl said then thats what we get.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2005, 10:35:56 AM »

I do, however, remember reading Zakk Wylde saying that there were a bunch of kick ass songs and that he had like a 2 minute shredding outro to one and he was saying "Axl, just release the damn album, it's good enough already."? So whatever song that is, if you trust Zakk, you can toss that on to the pile of worthy songs.

I do love Zakks work, I like the guy (although he has a few disturbing behaviours for european eyes Grin) and I totally trust him. But Zakk has a tendency to publish his stuff to fast. I have all Black Label CDs, and if you'd pick out the REAL great songs you could tear his catalogue to one CD (And the "Book of Shadows"). Good songs? "Okay-songs"? Cool songs? En masse - but often not more than fillers.

I don't wanna start a discussion about Zakks publishing politics. Cheesy My point is: I do believe that Zakk believes what he says. But even if you're not a maniac perfectionist like Axl, I think Zakks standards are no suitable for questions regarding the special case "Chinese Democracy".

Restraint is for suckers.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2005, 11:10:16 AM »

if thats what Axl said then thats what we get.

Like the album of 12(+) songs in 1997?  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
shaun
« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2005, 11:46:49 AM »

Well, he'll be in the studio with Richard over the weekend (I presume) trying to do something about that.

"so then Rich, we have 2 completed tracks and 3 that need some polish and ideas for 5 more, so we could maybe end up with 10 for worlds best album eva"  Grin
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2005, 12:06:52 PM »

it is possible that the songs we've heard were the Big Guns and once they werent received very well on tour that destroyed axl's confidence and they keep trying.

Bullshit. IRS wasn't meant to be public (at least officialy) and IMO it's one of the best new songs (some people would say is the best one).

Also, there's reports of new songs in 2001-2003 era but they didn't play anything else besides these 6 ones - you should expect they would play some new song instead of Silkworms, for example. I don't think it's that hard to write a better song than this shit.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2005, 01:08:27 PM »

Bullshit. IRS wasn't meant to be public (at least officialy) and IMO it's one of the best new songs (some people would say is the best one).

Also, there's reports of new songs in 2001-2003 era but they didn't play anything else besides these 6 ones - you should expect they would play some new song instead of Silkworms, for example. I don't think it's that hard to write a better song than this shit.

Perhaps Silkworms was to lower expectations!

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: