Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 64957 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »

This is the best line-up since 1993.
Axl -Richard -Robin -Tommy -Brain - Dizzy (+Chris?)

well since '90 i think beer    and we`ll see if it`s even better ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2005, 04:22:25 PM »

i dont see why some people think its a negative sign that Richard going back to GNR!! Thats just plain stupid!
And If Richard is going right back today, or tomorrow, or whatever, it means that there is thing that has to be done now!
He havent even got time for a vacation after the Nena tour! And for him back in GNR recording on Chinese Democracy, if that whats he said,
maybe he said it because he couldent say what he was really gonna do there. . Or maybe there is some more riffs to put on, but that dont take forever!
Hello? The guy are back in GNR camp, and im sure alot of the other members are there to.. so i think this is a VERY positive sign! And all the positve Early 06` talk! That gotta mean something...! Be positive, and dont be negative, because things have been going slow in the past. That dont mean it have to go slow in the future...  ok

It might be a good sign if he only has small parts to redo, but if he has to record a whole shit load of stuff, then it might not be such a good thing Undecided

It's definately cool that al teast some members of the band are back together again.

Personally i think that maybe Axl is finally done vocals but some little riffs and stuff weren't quite suited to his lyrics or maybe the songs need to be played a bit faster or slower to fit his timing? (unsure if that is something that can be screwed with on Pro-Tools) we know absolutely nothing so it's hard to say one way or another if more recording by Richard is a good thing or bad thing IMO. peace
yes
Me personally think so too. After the vocal is fixed, of necessity the other parts need to be revised a little. A singer would check with the other guys and have them make miner adjustments here and there.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2005, 04:58:39 PM »

Yes ppbebe, Especially some Guitar fillers here and there.  ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2005, 05:09:17 PM »

Well, Richard is flying to Los Angleles tonight. I'm pretty sure the whole band will be there.

Guns N Roses - back together.

will the whole band  be there  ? I did not read it...

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
Evolution
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2005, 05:18:54 PM »

It's possible, the source doesn't mention it.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2005, 05:30:33 PM »

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but if Richard is going to L.A. NOW, chances are it's not for very long (as Christmas is right around the corner and I'm sure he will NOT be missing that at home in NY...especially with a newborn). Point being, this might be something very miniscule in the grand scheme of things...but, hey...that could be a good thing!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »

I just wonder how much more work could need to be done on an album that was supposedly ready for an imminent release 3 years ago.? it can't be that shitty can it?

? You're under the impression it was 'imminent' in 2002--I don't recall Axl himself saying that it was-i think he even said to someone at MSG that it wasnt going to be out till sometime in the second half of 2003 when they were supposed to start a second round of tourdates---and obviously something (Clear Channel, illness?) threw that plan off track with the 'Philly Incident'.

I heard that on the local radio stations when they were promoting the Philly show, which coincidently enough, I was at
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2005, 07:14:27 PM »

how can there be any more guitar work on Cd.?? Only richard has work to do?? Fuck I wasn't going to bother reading it I just know what I saw in the begining of the thread..

Everyone is so amped, I just yawn..

I can say the news is good that something of any kind is going on

"cd which is still unfinished" Shocked
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2005, 07:24:45 PM »

I'm not gonna nick-pick, but, does he mention "guitar work" or just "work"?  If it's only work, it could mean anything from pictures to getting his special thanks ready for the CD insert.? Man I need some sleep. confused

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2005, 07:30:38 PM »

This is the one place where the? band misses slash, izzy and duff, they could always talk axl into believing his work was great but he doesnt have anyone to reassure him that the work is good enough I guess.

the one place huh?
How about guitars, bass, drums etc..?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »

no1 has any idea of what work still needs to be done. It could be work for every song, it could be all of buckets parts, its could be 1 song, it could be anything. absolutely anything.

Does it really matter if its done or not? Meaning it wasnt going to be released this past month. So if Axls latest target release was for next yr who cares if he tinkers with it. He has time. How long does the making of cd and promotion take...2-3 months tops?

lets just hope it comes out this yr. If not, then even me will start thinking this thing will never come out. I expect this album out by the Spring with a single release a month or 2 before that so prob March APril ish for the single.

I personally think the wave is starting to set in motion. I personally believe the album is done. We have to realize that these guys have not been in the studio together for a long time. So is it really that crazy to think that Axl needs some members to go back and update or change something? They have been gone for awhile doing htere own thing. Im sure it took soem time for Axl to think about the Bucket situation and what to do with the material. Plus im sure he had to lay down some vocals. Throw all that in the mix...changes need to be made. But the fact that Fortus keeps saying see you in 06 tells me hes heard some things. As we know all that can change...and being we are the luckiest group of fans...things probably will change ..lol...but at this moment in time I am very optimistic about the releas eof the album....

and what a day it will be

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2005, 07:51:02 PM »

maybe we should keep trying to get som info from Fortus by E-mail, and he may give us some hints.. It would def. be waird if he now, when hes back with Guns, suddently stoped answer the emails.. Waaoh! The thought of that they might be shooting artwork pics and things like that now, is exciting!
Wonder how the cover booklet looks like.. Hope they make some cool bandpictures Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2005, 09:12:13 PM »

Richard Fortus has told members of www.gunsnrosesonline.de (in person) that he will be flying to Los Angeles after his last Nena gig (07/12) to do some more work on Guns N'Roses forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy', which is still unfinished.

Maybe Im mistaken, but if "SOON" really was the word, there wouldnt be anymore guitar work to be recorded still.. Roll Eyes

Exactly. And by the way, the world is coming to an end "soon." (We really have nothing to worry about, we are on Axl time).  rofl
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2005, 09:32:59 PM »

I'm not gonna nick-pick, but, does he mention "guitar work" or just "work"??

...to "finish the recording for Chinese Democracy"...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2005, 09:44:02 PM »

I find it hard to believe that its not finished by now, considering the fact that release dates were being tossed around. Axl getting cold feet again? Material not good enough? Remember, awhile back, some producer told Axl he only had 3 good songs. Add one more to that, and you've got yourself an EP! hihi

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2005, 10:01:06 PM »

I find it hard to believe that its not finished by now, considering the fact that release dates were being tossed around. Axl getting cold feet again? Material not good enough? Remember, awhile back, some producer told Axl he only had 3 good songs. Add one more to that, and you've got yourself an EP! hihi
From what I understand that was bullshit, and the guy that claimed that has been known to make  up stuff.
Esp since every one else that heard the various versions of CD since 1999 have all said how good it is.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2005, 10:02:08 PM »

Come on James it will only cost another 500 thousand to put down some more tracks. rofl

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »

From what I understand that was bullshit, and the guy that claimed that has been known to make? up stuff.
Esp since every one else that heard the various versions of CD since 1999 have all said how good it is.

where was this theory dispelled?

it sounds quite feasible to me

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2005, 10:12:52 PM »

Richard Fortus has told members of www.gunsnrosesonline.de (in person) that he will be flying to Los Angeles after his last Nena gig (07/12) to do some more work on Guns N'Roses forthcoming album, 'Chinese Democracy', which is still unfinished.

Maybe Im mistaken, but if "SOON" really was the word, there wouldnt be anymore guitar work to be recorded still.. Roll Eyes

Exactly. And by the way, the world is coming to an end "soon." (We really have nothing to worry about, we are on Axl time).? rofl

At least Im not the only one who sees how ridiculous this sounds. This project never fucking changes, its one step forward, and two huge steps backwards. Any progress towards the finish line is terminally derailed by Axl or some other mythical forces that remain anonymous.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2005, 10:53:18 PM »

From what I understand that was bullshit, and the guy that claimed that has been known to make? up stuff.

where was this theory dispelled?

it sounds quite feasible to me
Jimmy, it wasn't a theory. Some producer actually said that after listening to CD, there was only 3 songs worthy of an album. I dont remember the guy's name. Maybe someone here does. Maybe someone can find his quotes about CD. Dave has a point. Some people have said how great CD is. But were they being honest, or just kissing Axl's ass? I think a producer neutral to the situation is more believable than someone closely associated with the project.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: