Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:53:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  WILCO / new live album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WILCO / new live album  (Read 1733 times)
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« on: December 09, 2005, 05:00:21 PM »

Any Wilco fans here? 

Also wanted to know if anyone has gotten their new double live cd called "Kicking Television:Live in Chicago".  I know I could read their site to see a review of the album but I hate getting biased reviews and wanted to know what a GNR based music fan thought of it. 

I went to a show of theirs 14 months ago and I gotta say that was some of the best musicianship I've ever seen out of a group.  Sure they are sort of slop-rock but they are good at what they do.

For those unfamiliar with the band, I would compare them alot to Tommy's Village Gorilla Head cd. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 12:00:13 PM »

I have Summer Teeth. Not my favorite album of all time, but very appropiate for a certain mood. Country rock at its best, so I don't think is that similar to Tommy's album.

They are very respected in the business. Rock press and colleagues praise this band as a major influence and so on. I don't particulary see any of this, to me there are just another good Rock and roll band with country influences, but hey, it's just my .02.

any other album recommendations Deez?
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 02:08:14 PM »

I don't see what the deal is with Wilco. I don't hate them, just don't dig 'em that much. Kinda bore me.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:30:44 PM »

i love wilco but i'm not really that into the newest album. i enjoyed the show i saw this year though, but i don't think i'll be getting this live disc...

although i can't wait to see tweedy play solo!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 08:57:09 PM »

I have Summer Teeth. Not my favorite album of all time, but very appropiate for a certain mood. Country rock at its best, so I don't think is that similar to Tommy's album.

They are very respected in the business. Rock press and colleagues praise this band as a major influence and so on. I don't particulary see any of this, to me there are just another good Rock and roll band with country influences, but hey, it's just my .02.

any other album recommendations Deez?

Definitely agree that you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them.?

I'm not a hardcore fan or anything but I think 2002's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is their best cd and also probably their most critically acclaimed.? It's a pretty cool story that their label (Sire/Reprise) actually dropped them because they thought that YHF wouldn't sell and then they came out with that cd on another label and it sold like 3 times more than their previous records.?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: