Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Give me ur thoughts on these songs please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me ur thoughts on these songs please  (Read 1565 times)
Groghan
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: December 12, 2005, 04:04:02 AM »

Ya, probably been done to death. But with no new album and no news on the new album for a year, what the f*ck else do we have to talk about?
Here are a few songs that I consider underrated. I love these songs. So tell me if you like them or don't, why or why not, and why you think they weren't hits.
Thanks.

Yesterdays
I love this song. I know some people think its boring or plain. But that's why I like it. It's not an "anthem", not a syrupy love song. I prefer songs of this vibe 100 times more than a song like You Could Be Mine. Seems like an "adult" song to me. I think it wasn't a hit cuz it was like the 7th single released from UYIs.

Dont Damn Me
We all love Axl's lyrics, how come nobody talks about the lyrics of this song? It's got some great lines in it. If you haven't listened to it for awhile, look up the lyrics. I love this song, some of the lines are cheesy, some are funny, some are cool. And you gotta love the "aye aye aye aye aye" part.

Rocket Queen
Ya, GnR fans all love it. So why wasn't it a hit? Great song, and the ending is just incredible. "I see you standing, standing all alone, it's such a lonely play for you, for you to be. If you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend. I'll be here standing, until, the bitter end. No one needs the sorrow . . ." God, I just love the ending. Why wasn't this song a smash?

Nightrain
Personally, I prefer RQ and Nightrain over Paradise City - no question. Some of my fav music of all GnR is towards the end of Nightrain. Slash has a killer guitar solo and Axl is screaching his head off over the solo. Awesome.

Think About You
I'd say this is probably the song I'd consider GnR's "pop" song. The one you could throw in with the Bon Jovis of the world during that era. But come on - it's catchy as hell.

Civil War
Another song I'm amazed wasn't a smash hit. This song is SO much better than PC or U Could Be Mine that its not even funny. When I first heard Civil War, I thought it was gonna be the song that lived with GnR forever. Their "dream on" or "stairway to heaven" or "satisfaction." Somebody tell me why it wasn't?  Why wasn't this song just as huge as Jungle, Sweet Child and November Rain?

THANKS in advance for your comments.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:20:53 AM »

You know.. I was about to be all like "Wow.. another lame ass thread about nothing".. but.. you said something intresting about a song in your list.. and I have to say its exactly what I've always thought.

Think About You.. in the pre-appetite 80's could have been a really popular song! Its certainly poppy.. and the only reason its overlooked is because.. a.) it hasn't aged well (sounds too 80's) and.. b.) well.. cuz its on a cd with about 10 absolute killer tracks.

But yes.. this kinda does show we got nothing to talk about eh? O well..  confused

gnrevolution.com
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:09:55 AM »

Yesterdays
Awesome song, Axl's vocals sound great, Slash's sweet guitar riff, has a bit of a Sweet Child O'Mine swagger about it, similar kind of groove.

Dont Damn Me
Has some of Axl's best ever lyrics, and Slash's guitar work is amongst his finest too. From the great riff to the brilliant solos, it's a damn shame we won't hear any more Axl/Slash collaborations like this.

Rocket Queen
Yep, the end part of Rocket Queen is what separated GN'R from all the other hair-metal fluff that was out at the time. It also proved that Axl was capable of writing some pretty deep lyrics apart from the usual "fuck you" that fills most of the songs on AFD.

Nightrain
Yep, such a killer groove and those Slash solos... drool

Think About You
It's ok, not my fav GN'R song and very poppy like you said, it hasn't aged well.

Civil War
Yeah, great song, Slash does his best Hendrix with those wah-infused riffs and solos. Great groove to this song too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: