Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Vanessa Carlton - Michelle Branch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton - Michelle Branch  (Read 1532 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: December 18, 2005, 05:28:30 PM »

What are they doing? I liked them a lot a couple of years ago. " a thousands miles" is really a beautifull song...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:27:15 PM »

I dont even know who Vanessa is. I've heard a few Michelle Branch songs, but I dont have any of her albums. She has a beautiful voice.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:53:19 PM »

Vanessa is working on a new album I think.

MIchelle has a band called The Wreckers .Their album is soppsed to come out in March.She mada post on her message bords before she shut it down .So fan were bitching about this and that

"Alright, I don't even know why I am still awake seeing as I have to be up in a few hours to feed Owen.

What I am most frustrated at, I suppose is...I pay money to keep this website up so all of you "fans" can talk about our music. Why would I want to spend the money so the majority of you can sit around and b1tch about us?

I understand that you are frustrated with the fact that there isn't any music for you to listen to. Don't you think Jessica and I are frustrated too?? We finished this record over a year ago and were sent on a lame ass tour we didn't want to be on. It was a horrible idea to headline a show playing music that nobody had ever heard. Maverick wanted to make a quick buck, and unfortunately, we were obligated by contract to do so. I was 5 months pregnant when we started that tour and believe me...it was the last place I wanted to be. Then I got pushed into doing a Santana song I didn't want to do (I didn't write it either, Shanks wanted me to sing it so bad, that was a bargaining tool), Maverick wouldn't let me do it unless Jess was on it so they would get "free" promotion for a record they didn't even understand or believe in for the most part. The record wasn't released because Maverick didn't want me promoting an album pregnant. they thought it would look bad to my young fans...bull.

As far as "biting the hand that feeds you"..

I would give nothing more than to play music in a ****ty bar and fold clothes at The Gap for a living. My "being famous" has done nothing but ruin my relationship with my parents, mostly my Father and it has made me hate doing what I used to love more than life itself...playing music. I have been pushed around and now most of you see me as someone who I never really was, and most of you can't accept the plain fact that people change and grow up and I'm not the little girl you think I am. I have a family of my own now, a baby...the last thing I could imagine doing is making music. I'm fine financially (although I don't make millions contrary to popular belief.) and being a famous musician has brought nothing to my life besides strife. (Okay, I met my wonderful husband and bandmate because of it.) I have maybe written two songs in the past year. That's ridiculous. This isn't fun for me anymore. I'm sick of sucking dicks to get my music heard, putting on a fake smile, and saying things that are acceptable.

On the contrary, The Wreckers album makes me very proud and excited again. It's almost like my first day at a new school. it's a fresh start. I'm finally excited to tour (although I need to find a nanny!) and I am looking forward to seeing what fans think.

You know, I CAN take the criticism. I just don't understand why I should pay for an arena for you to do it. If you are a "fan" why do you speak about Jessica and I in that way.

I never wanted to be put on a pedestal..I just wanted to make music. And believe me, many times I have thought I was going to quit. It's too much energy to pretend it's fun. You can call me a baby if you'd like, but life is too short to spend it being miserable.

This board is going to be shut down tonight. I think we all need a break. When the Wreckers album finally comes out, we'll see the ones who decided to stick around. As for the rest of you, I meant it when I said "f-off"

M"

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »

ok thanks for the news!? Smiley

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: