Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:34:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  GN'R 6th Rock N' Roll Band Ever According to UK Planet Rock Poll
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R 6th Rock N' Roll Band Ever According to UK Planet Rock Poll  (Read 2189 times)
joaoalberto
Opening Act

"Turn around bitch I got a use for you"

« on: December 26, 2005, 07:07:15 AM »

Source (in portuguese): http://oglobo.globo.com/online/cultura/plantao/2005/12/25/189742723.asp

A translation:

London- Pink Floyd was pointed the best rock band ever in a poll made by the online radio chain Planet Rock. Reunited for the last time this year during the "Live 8" concert against poverty in Africa, the band made sucess in the 70's with albums like "Dark Side of The Moon" and "Wish You Were Here". They have sold 200 millions albums worldwide.
The poll in which have participated 58000 people left Led Zeppelin in 2nd followed by the Rolling Stones, The Who and AC/DC. From 5th to 10th are the Irish U2, Guns N' Roses,Nirvana, Bon Jovi and Jimi Hendrix.   

"Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones"
(Guns N' Roses- Use Your Illusion II- Breakdown)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 07:14:19 AM »

Pink Floyd have been named the world?s greatest rock act of all time. U2 were sixth in the list.

Pink Floyd recently reunited on stage at Live 8 for the first time in 24 years.

Led Zeppelin came second, followed by The Rolling Stones in the poll of almost 60,000 rock fans.

The Who were fourth, eclipsing AC/DC, U2, Guns N? Roses, and Nirvana.

Jimi Hendrix came 10th in poll carried out by digital radio station Planet Rock, after Bon Jovi.

The survey of 58,000 listeners also named the 1970s the golden age of rock, followed by the 1960s, the Spandex years of the 1980s and grunge decade the 1990s.

Pink Floyd are thought to have sold a staggering 200 million albums worldwide since forming in 1965.

Planet Rock presenter Nicky Horne will count down the results over four days from 9am on December 28.

He said: ?Pink Floyd are one of the greatest bands in the history of rock and roll.?

Top 10 Rock Acts:
1. Pink Floyd
2. Led Zeppelin
3. The Rolling Stones
4. The Who
5. AC/DC
6. U2
7. Guns N? Roses
8. Nirvana
9. Bon Jovi
10. Jimi Hendrix

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=137274400&p=y37z7498x&n=137275009

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: