Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R 12.30.00 DVD
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R 12.30.00 DVD  (Read 13105 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »

I really hope footage of Buckethead unmasked isnt made public. For his sake. The man has worked very long and hard to keep stuff like this private. Did he know he was being filmed at the time?

*sigh*

I was shown some pics of him from 1992 unmasked and in hindsight I wish I hadnt as there is no going back then. I wonder if he's aged much over the years though?

Anyways , I plead with you to keep this outta the public hands.

Who gives a shit?

You're acting as though he's deformed or something.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »

Roll Eyes

I see it like this .. Buckethead made a decision to mask his idenity and has for years tried his best to keep his "real" self outta the mags , off tv and a very seperate enity to that of his BH characther. I respect that , fully.

No , Buckethead isnt a household name , no he isnt a "mega" huge rock god , but I suspect he likes the privacy that goes along with people not knowing what he looks like unmasked. No hassles from fans , autograph seekers and the like. Being able to walk down the street unbothered. Just a tall guy with big hands.

He has his reasons for trying so damn hard for so many years to seperate buckethead from "brian" and to keep "brian" a secret .. I just wish we all could respect that and his wishes.

I'm still interested to know if Buckethead was made aware that he was being filmed while "unmasked".

Anyways , this is all just my opinion as a true blue buckethead fan , I can see how non-fans or lesser fans could think different about the situation and that too is ok as we all are entitled to our opinions.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »

These pics ruin the mysterious aura around the character. I prefer not to know what he looks like; for my money, it makes the performance art much more enjoyable.

If Bucket stayed in GnR, there would be no shortage of these pictures. Maybe his leaving was for the best.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 11:11:19 PM »

These pics ruin the mysterious aura around the character. I prefer not to know what he looks like; for my money, it makes the performance art much more enjoyable.

Then if this video ever comes out dont watch it. Thats your choice but dont condem anyone else for spreading it around or watching it. ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 11:17:07 PM »

Then if this video ever comes out dont watch it. Thats your choice but dont condem anyone else for spreading it around or watching it. ok

Well, when the pics are plastered over metal sludge and in the various fan forums, it is very difficult to avoid.  The last time I ventured on the sludge, I  looked at an assortment of new GnR pictures. Unfortunately, the set included one of Bucket sans mask. I was royally pissed that I was suckered into seeing something that I didn't care too.

Plus as Saul said, the man has a right to his privacy.  I will condemn anyone who spreads this type of material since it is no doubt against the artist's wishes.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 11:24:15 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
rainX
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2006, 01:01:18 AM »

I have some rare footage of my dad disguised as Santa (without the beard at first then he puts it on when he finds out he forgot it), if anyone is interested to trade it for the Vegas 2001 DVD. I will also accept the L.A Forum 1991.

This is straight from the DV master, PC authored. Nice close-ups, no obstruction.

Yeah, but does it have a menu? I'll only trade you Vegas if it has a menu man.

Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »

lol rain!
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2006, 08:48:39 AM »

I have some rare footage of my dad disguised as Santa (without the beard at first then he puts it on when he finds out he forgot it), if anyone is interested to trade it for the Vegas 2001 DVD. I will also accept the L.A Forum 1991.

This is straight from the DV master, PC authored. Nice close-ups, no obstruction.

Yeah, but does it have a menu? I'll only trade you Vegas if it has a menu man.

I can make a menu... I'll swap that for Vegas? I could have made big bucks making menus and selling them on ebay just after Rock in Rio 3 but I don't want to profit from my relationship with the software needed for making menus.

On topic... So basically Yesterdaze, you think that footage of Buckethead unmasked is equal to a pro-shot DVD that may (or even may not) exist and has proven to be the so called "holy grail" in the trading world? As intriguing as I find the Bucket man's weirdness I don't really care what he looks like and he's not even a band member anymore!

If I was you I'd release the VMA rehearsals and be happy with the legendary status that this will give you. We aren't getting Vegas as part of a trade any time soon so unless someone uncovers something of real significance then our best hopes would be you releasing the VMA rehearsals and keeping the Vegas arrivals video to yourself.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2006, 03:40:59 PM »

Ok, I think we all know what we wanted to know by now - we won't see the VMAs rehearsals or the Vegas DVD anytime soon. If anyone wants to trade for that airport footage or whatever, contact the person who started this thread.

- Topic locked -

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: