Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:15:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS MANAGEMENT=no date set
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS MANAGEMENT=no date set  (Read 13842 times)
badapple81
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

So much negitivity... I still think March/April is realistic. Just because they denied what slash said..

Yep and they still said it's coming.. and they didn't say it WOULDN'T be coming in March, just that they haven't set anything for sure yet.
RichardNixon
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006, 08:03:52 PM »

And the Chrurch says Christ is comming...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2006, 10:19:11 PM »

why management? feels the need to keep the public frozen out of any type of? progress report is beyond me........
This is the type of questions that needs to start being asked, and should have been years ago. Maybe the guy who wrote the times article should find out. nervous

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2006, 10:25:10 PM »

i havn't read all this thread but i find the sanctuary statement VERY encouraging.ok,so slash said march and sanctuary have said no release date has been set,but slashs comments were only based on whats hes heard off a friend of a friend of a friend etc,etc,etc.the ''coming soon'' bit is proberbly the most exciting thing we've all heard since gnr toured in 2002.for starters,they DIDNT say ''there is no release date set and when there is you will find out'' coz that to me says ''were only GNRS management,how the fuk are we supposed to know whats goin on''.but they DID say that ''the album is coming soon'' which to me says ''yes the ball is rolling and we,ve been in touch with mr rose and co and we,re very very close to wrapping this whole thing up.so hang in there and enjoy the roller coster they call GUNS N MUTHA FUCKIN ROSES coz its gonna be worth the wait''.(ooh im all excited now ?rofl).
 ?OF COURSE,THATS IF THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE ?confused

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2006, 10:49:43 PM »

i havn't read all this thread but i find the sanctuary statement VERY encouraging.ok,so slash said march and sanctuary have said no release date has been set,but slashs comments were only based on whats hes heard off a friend of a friend of a friend etc,etc,etc.the ''coming soon'' bit is proberbly the most exciting thing we've all heard since gnr toured in 2002.for starters,they DIDNT say ''there is no release date set and when there is you will find out'' coz that to me says ''were only GNRS management,how the fuk are we supposed to know whats goin on''.but they DID say that ''the album is coming soon'' which to me says ''yes the ball is rolling and we,ve been in touch with mr rose and co and we,re very very close to wrapping this whole thing up.so hang in there and enjoy the roller coster they call GUNS N MUTHA FUCKIN ROSES coz its gonna be worth the wait''.(ooh im all excited now  rofl).
  OF COURSE,THATS IF THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE  confused

I heard coming soon years ago.......there is little to be optimistic about after that statement. Undecided

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2006, 11:08:19 PM »

but we havnt heard it off sanctuary yet.well not in such words,but things seem to be gettin to a point where it becomes a sensible time to release CD.if the album had of come out in say,2000,then that was way to early and close to old GNR being in poeples memorys.old GNR were not fresh but sort of still talked about alot.lets say 2003,bucket heads departure didnt help at all,things went against new gnr like the tour cancelled and contraband  and other stuff.but now slash and co are doing well which i think will help new gnr,the music industry needs something like new gnr,and i dont think even AXL wants to cradle this baby any longer.this is my view on it and i think that any time in the next 4-6 months will be the perfect time for the ball to start rollin.im startin to think that any earlyer would have been a mistake.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 12:09:56 AM »

I heard coming soon years ago.......there is little to be optimistic about after that statement. Undecided

I totally agree.  People say that management or Axl "needs to give us a statement or something." 

And then, even though we get nothing from them, when they say something so generic as "coming soon," we're so optimistic that we all say "Hey, wait - I think someone is trying to tell us something!"  Dammit, how many times has this happened?!? 

THIS STATEMENT BY THEM IS WORTHLESS.  As worthless as anything that Merck or anyone else who thinks they're "in the know" has tried to pass off to us for the last billion years we've been waiting for CD.  No one knows anything.  No one wants us to tell anything.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you guys.  A die-hard fan til' the end, holding onto every rumor and little news story like it's a freakin' golden ticket to the most anticipated album of my life.   

noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

Axl would never give slash the satisfaction of releasing it on a date that slash announced to the world.

Axl's a bitter mother fucker
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2006, 02:05:20 AM »

I DON'T see Chinese Democracy coming SOON at all, also I don't think management knows anything until Axl says so, there so left in the dark its not funny. Bottom line is... Axl's not out to hurry for anybody..when theres something he wants us to hear we'll hear it, until then read and write all the shit ya want peace  Slash watch what you say, some people really believe you hihi

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2006, 03:50:43 AM »

In the scheme of things, I see this as vaguely positive. They say it's coming which is different in tone to past statements. I'd say we're close and it's worth noting also that there is no direct denial of Slash's statement. It's just an official release date has not been set. Slash neither gave nor stated there was an official release date.

Maybe Im being altogether too positive...

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »

Axl or His Managment really needs to make an offical statement on the matter, all these Rumours of "coming soon" are now sounding very old indeed.
 What Makes it more Worrying is that even other members of Guns N Roses have no Idea when or even if it is going to be released.
 if Axl did make statement and it said somthing like "Chinese Democracy is not ready yet, but were all Working hard and gearing up for a November 2006 release" (and somone actually kept him to it)  it would stop all these Rumours once and for all.
 But I suppose getting Axl to speak out is probably one of the hardest things to do.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2006, 07:59:28 AM »

Just reminds me.. Universal Music Norway said in October that the Guns vol 2 was set for a March '06 release. Could it be that Slash had the same information, and when he got the message about GH2 being scrapped it meant the release of Chinese Democracy.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »

In the scheme of things, I see this as vaguely positive. They say it's coming which is different in tone to past statements. I'd say we're close and it's worth noting also that there is no direct denial of Slash's statement. It's just an official release date has not been set. Slash neither gave nor stated there was an official release date.

Maybe Im being altogether too positive...
I'm also feeling a little positive about this. As you said, the tone was different. But merck's '2005 is the year of GNR' was a different tone also, and nothing came of it. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get it this year, but its starting to feel like the same yearly merry go round. The only difference from last year and the previous years is that the rumour mill kicked in even quicker at the beginning of this year.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2006, 08:36:44 AM »

I DON'T see Chinese Democracy coming SOON at all, also I don't think management knows anything until Axl says so, there so left in the dark its not funny. Bottom line is... Axl's not out to hurry for anybody..when theres something he wants us to hear we'll hear it, until then read and write all the shit ya want peace? Slash watch what you say, some people really believe you hihi

Agreed.  Axl has millions and a secure legacy.  He's not in a hurry for anyone, and in some ways I don't blame him.  Hell, for all we know he's kicking back and enjoying life.  One things for certain though, we aren't going to find a release date through rumors.  And everyone thats been on the boards since the beginning knows that.

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2006, 10:13:52 AM »

What is the label & management supposed to say?
Yes, as a matter of fact, Slash was correct?
Even if it is coming in March, they're not going to finally give out a release date by confirming something that Slash said on a radio station.
They'll do their own announcement, and this particular statement doesn't give me any reason to think CD won't be released.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2006, 11:36:40 AM »

i havn't read all this thread but i find the sanctuary statement VERY encouraging.ok,so slash said march and sanctuary have said no release date has been set,but slashs comments were only based on whats hes heard off a friend of a friend of a friend etc,etc,etc.the ''coming soon'' bit is proberbly the most exciting thing we've all heard since gnr toured in 2002.for starters,they DIDNT say ''there is no release date set and when there is you will find out'' coz that to me says ''were only GNRS management,how the fuk are we supposed to know whats goin on''.but they DID say that ''the album is coming soon'' which to me says ''yes the ball is rolling and we,ve been in touch with mr rose and co and we,re very very close to wrapping this whole thing up.so hang in there and enjoy the roller coster they call GUNS N MUTHA FUCKIN ROSES coz its gonna be worth the wait''.(ooh im all excited now ?rofl).
 ?OF COURSE,THATS IF THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE ?confused

well  they didn?t even say "soon" hihi

by the way there were actually some things to get excited about after 2002.....rio announcement.....axl`s rio statement ( in a couple of months)......mercks 2005 comment....   and probably some other things i have forgotten about    oh yeah VH1 november `04 for example....so take this for what it`s worth....

What is the label & management supposed to say?
Yes, as a matter of fact, Slash was correct?
Even if it is coming in March, they're not going to finally give out a release date by confirming something that Slash said on a radio station.
They'll do their own announcement, and this particular statement doesn't give me any reason to think CD won't be released.

yeah i agree with you.... "no official release date set" means probably no release date announced or no exact release date planned....

i don`t know if i`m reading to much into this but "official" could be a key word...........i guess that`s even too positive.. beer

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2006, 11:41:53 AM »

Just reminds me.. Universal Music Norway said in October that the Guns vol 2 was set for a March '06 release. Could it be that Slash had the same information, and when he got the message about GH2 being scrapped it meant the release of Chinese Democracy.

but universal norways word isn't good for jack shit, they just throw rumours around, even tho splat reported it as news, they later admitted that the guys from universal were only guessing, so this universal norway thing was just a guess which was reported as a news statement...

i'll go for the old "unless you hear it from gn'r management or axl himself it's only wild guesses and speculations"

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »

I'm getting a bit sick of the 'Slash gave out a phony release date to make Axl look bad' and 'Axl will now delay the album again just to spite Slash' theories. I think Slash was just relaying something he heard and thought to be true-save for the lawsuit, which is a business and copyright matter, I seriously doubtSlash spends even 1/10th of his time thinking about Axl, let alone trying to set him up. And Axl is certainyl bitter towards the other guys, but I doubt he would throw off his entire promotional plan just b/c Slash said something in a very brief interview on a Philly area radio station-give me a break! confused

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »

I'm getting a bit sick of the 'Slash gave out a phony release date to make Axl look bad' and 'Axl will now delay the album again just to spite Slash' theories. I think Slash was just relaying something he heard and thought to be true-save for the lawsuit, which is a business and copyright matter, I seriously doubtSlash spends even 1/10th of his time thinking about Axl, let alone trying to set him up. And Axl is certainyl bitter towards the other guys, but I doubt he would throw off his entire promotional plan just b/c Slash said something in a very brief interview on a Philly area radio station-give me a break! confused

agreed....  but there`s no way the management would confirm slash`s statement .....   i mean " yeah slash is right CD is coming in march we just didn`t announce it yet"......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2006, 02:37:20 PM »

but universal norways word isn't good for jack shit, they just throw rumours around, even tho splat reported it as news, they later admitted that the guys from universal were only guessing, so this universal norway thing was just a guess which was reported as a news statement...

i'll go for the old "unless you hear it from gn'r management or axl himself it's only wild guesses and speculations"

Well, I was the one who actually contacted Universal.. Their exact words were "it comes out next year (March), at the same time all over the world". The mail was written by the head of USM.

I'm not saying that this means it really was slated for release in March, but there were no indications in the mail saying "we're guessing".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: