Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's finest moment
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's finest moment  (Read 7436 times)
gav
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

For me it was Ax singing 'the Blues' at Boston 2002. It was truly amazin and every time I hear it I'm blown away. Just watch the 3 cam mix version of the show - you'll see what I mean.
Eric
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 05:26:22 PM »

I think a lot of people would say 88 mtv awards, but nothing will ever beat the 2002 MTV awards
avesia
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

I think a lot of people would say 88 mtv awards, but nothing will ever beat the 2002 MTV awards
No, no, no!!! Hell no! no
It had a gret impact, it's true, but the performance was really bad
Eric
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »

I know performance was bad, but I'll never forget how excited I was Grin
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 02:11:05 PM »

No, no, no!!! Hell no! no
It had a gret impact, it's true, but the performance was really bad

a great impact really? Here MTV Latin America said that it was a total failure, fiasco.etc etc... Thats what I heard about Latin DJ'S
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »

Axl's finest moment without a question, for me at least, was his performance of Welcome To the Jungle at the 1988 MTV VMA's. At the time, GNR had just broken forth after stalling on the albun charts for a year. Yet, from watching the show, I get the feeling that Axl still felt he had something to prove, and he came to the performance and seems to give everything from himself without losing composure and balance.

Particularly, when he says humbly "Oh My God" at the very beginning and then straddles up the Slash and gives the biggest YOWWWLLLL that he ever gave and then proceeds to do 360's around stage and serpentine he way throughout the song.

MNR

PS - how is estranged Axl's greatest moment. You mean the video? You mean a particular performance? You mean the writing of the song? We're talking moments here. Which moment about Estranged is axl's finest?

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Megaguns
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 05:14:25 AM »

Probably November Rain. At the time axl thought it was his finest moment.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 09:33:40 AM »

I would say either Civil War from Paris 92..That scream gives me goosebumps everytime or the Freddie Tribute or Rio 3

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
badapple81
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 09:41:08 AM »

Not the finest moment, but I've been watching NY MSG 02 this week, and Out Ta Get Me is just brilliant! Worth a mention!
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »

When Axl called out Vince Neil for starting that fight with Izzy, and that's not cos I thought it was real cool that he picked a fight with another rockstar (and I do like Vince Neil) but what I liked was that it showed a certain amount of solidarity in GnR, that seemed to be missing for a lot of their career as a band. You could say the same about when Axl flipped when he found out Duff had gotten hit with bottles from the crowd at one of their shows. It kinda shows despite Axl's bullshit reclusive madman reputation that he actually does (or did) care about his bandmates.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 02:38:53 PM »

Jamie nice moments I like that too.
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 04:01:50 PM »

regarding the albums/content:

this is a toughie...I say the last bit on Rocket Queen...hit's ya right in the heart
(runners up: Estranged, esp the opening lines, and Coma)

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »

I think Axl's greatest achievement in music to date is November Rain. To put as much time as he did in that song... to hold it back until the band was successful enough to be given the technology to do the song correctly... and then to have the balls to release a song like that when it was so different from what the band had become known for... was incredible. They could have literally been laughed off the stage for playing that song...

Of course, some people think that's when GN'R "jumped the shark". Roll Eyes

Totally disagree. I think that song alone showed the diversity of their (esp. Axl's) musicianship and contributes greatly to critics and music fans alike still being intrigued by the idea of an Axl Rose comeback... After NR, they know Axl's not stuck in a creative box (like many of the other 80's early 90's rock acts) and is capable of coming up with some really far out sh1t, and that he's not affraid to risk it all to make the best song he can. To top it all off... NR is a truly beautiful song that is supported by arguably the greatest music video of all time. ok

Plus, lyrically- it's such an "un-macho" song. Axl literally cuts his heart out and hands it to us in that song and video... loving somebody that doesn't love us back. We've all been there... but rare is it that a man has the cajones to come out and admit it. I also love the very matter-of-fact singing style Axl employs in the song (unlike so many other GN'R songs where you say... wow only Axl Rose could have sung that.). Axl himself said he sung it that way so that it literally could be ANY man singing it... a humble and beautiful thing for a rock star to do.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 07:55:02 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
parisrocks
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 11:28:07 PM »

His finest moment was in St. Louis and began 10 seconds before he got pissed during RQ and ended when he slammed the mic.

Now, that's a fucking rock star!
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2006, 09:43:56 AM »

Estranged..I think this song is full of Axl dreams,emotionality,heart,madness,passion,sadness,talent,soul,rage,love......................

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Megaguns
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 04:42:17 AM »

Axls finest moment has yet to come, after this news i hear, im more of a believer than i ever was before.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: