Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:18:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  (ouch) obesity
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (ouch) obesity  (Read 11395 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: January 19, 2006, 12:10:52 PM »

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3226,36-732436@51-732532,0.html
(it's in french)

Basically, in 2020, French will be as fat as americans today - if we don't change our habits.

confused confused confused

im gonna raise my kid in africa ! the mother land ! nigg*r !!! maybei can get some yellow cake there ! Yellow cake !!!!
(and aluminum tube !! )

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »

I knew the French loved our fat asses!  hihi

Why don't you just....
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »

Recently, I went to the dentist and the lady cleaning my teeth made a comment about my smoking and the impact on my teeth and health.  But if I were sitting there and weighed over 300 pounds then not a word would have been said about my health.  My point is why do people feel it necessary to be so critical of smoking but then turn a blind eye to obesity?  Both ere equally huge problems (no pun intended!).
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »

Recently, I went to the dentist and the lady cleaning my teeth made a comment about my smoking and the impact on my teeth and health. But if I were sitting there and weighed over 300 pounds then not a word would have been said about my health. My point is why do people feel it necessary to be so critical of smoking but then turn a blind eye to obesity? Both ere equally huge problems (no pun intended!).

Yeah, it's not acceptable to call people out on being fat at the moment... but that doesn't justify your smoking.   ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

Recently, I went to the dentist and the lady cleaning my teeth made a comment about my smoking and the impact on my teeth and health.  But if I were sitting there and weighed over 300 pounds then not a word would have been said about my health.  My point is why do people feel it necessary to be so critical of smoking but then turn a blind eye to obesity?  Both ere equally huge problems (no pun intended!).

I am a lean guy and get shit all the time for "being so skinny".

Sometimes I want to say "You are 60 pounds overweight! I am in shape........"

Honestly today, you stick out if you are in shape. Crazy as that sounds.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 03:57:45 PM »

I'd like to expereince being really, really obese for one day, to see what it's like.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
avesia
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 04:00:44 PM »

I'd like to expereince being really, really obese for one day, to see what it's like.
I wouldn't!!! It must be hell not being able to move crying
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »

I've seen shows where people put on the "fat suit" and makeup for a day and walk around. By the end of it they are crying and want out. People treat them like shit, and talk about them right in front of their face.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 04:22:40 PM »

I've seen shows where people put on the "fat suit" and makeup for a day and walk around. By the end of it they are crying and want out. People treat them like shit, and talk about them right in front of their face.

But isn't it obvious that they have this "fat suit" on?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 04:26:49 PM »

Low food quality as well as laziness contribute to obesity. Obese people lack the physical will to work out, the mental prowess to purchase healthy food, and the spiritual ideals that would make them want to improve their lives; they just don't care. They're simply low-quality humans, and are of course the majority. Smokers are even lower on the ladder, and overweight people mock them to make themselves feel better. They're bad at math; 2x0=0.

PS- Don't mistake a bodybuilder going through a bulking phase with an obese loser. You might just get a body slam from yours truly.  ok
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »

Recently, I went to the dentist and the lady cleaning my teeth made a comment about my smoking and the impact on my teeth and health.? But if I were sitting there and weighed over 300 pounds then not a word would have been said about my health.? My point is why do people feel it necessary to be so critical of smoking but then turn a blind eye to obesity?? Both ere equally huge problems (no pun intended!).

I've read that obesity kills more prople in the USA than smoking. And still you see those McDonalds commercial with the happy kids eating hamburgers.

People talk shit about smokers, but, unlike the obese, smokers are actually useful to society

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 05:50:27 PM »

Are each gonna eat a million frogs or something?

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
MCT
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 06:57:37 PM »

Low food quality as well as laziness contribute to obesity. Obese people lack the physical will to work out, the mental prowess to purchase healthy food, and the spiritual ideals that would make them want to improve their lives; they just don't care. They're simply low-quality humans, and are of course the majority. Smokers are even lower on the ladder, and overweight people mock them to make themselves feel better. They're bad at math; 2x0=0.

PS- Don't mistake a bodybuilder going through a bulking phase with an obese loser. You might just get a body slam from yours truly.? ok

When are you coming to Newfoundland?

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »

I am a lean guy and get shit all the time for "being so skinny".

Sometimes I want to say "You are 60 pounds overweight! I am in shape........"

Honestly today, you stick out if you are in shape. Crazy as that sounds.

I hate that! I am thin, but I'm not a bag of bones or anything. I am a normal, healthy, weight for someone my height. Yet, I've gotten shit for being too skinny and been called anorexic by overweight people. There's something seriously wrong when someone overweight treats a person at a normal weight as if they are the unhealthy and disgusting.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 07:04:15 PM »

When are you coming to Newfoundland?

"Crawl"   hihi
MCT
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 07:07:25 PM »

Helloooo there... Cheesy

Oh, and ah, obesity is not very phat... no
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 07:30:48 PM »

There's something seriously wrong when someone overweight treats a person at a normal weight as if they are the unhealthy and disgusting.

or maybe its because they see someone whos nice and thin and make that person out to be the one with the problem so they dont have to accept they are the ones who actually have the problem.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »

I've read that obesity kills more prople in the USA than smoking. And still you see those McDonalds commercial with the happy kids eating hamburgers.

People talk shit about smokers, but, unlike the obese, smokers are actually useful to society

Ok.. a few things..

Theres nothing wrong with McDounald commercials.. its a person's PERSONAL RESPONCIBILITY to decide what they eat. Its not a commercial's fault they have become obese... its not a company's fault.. its not the goverments fault for not regulating the amount the eat. Its theirs (and perhaps some genetics.) Your attitude is the reason theres so many damn stupid law-suits in America.

2nd... theres "useful" obese people. In the same way theres "useless" smokers. In the same way theres tons of non-fat/non-smokers who are useless.. and there are tons of non-fat/non-smokers who ARE useful. Sterotypes=Bad.

and well theres no 3rd point.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 09:57:35 PM »

Smoking hurts your teeth, she was a dental hygenist, thats why she commented.

If u went to a dietician, they wouldnt say anything about your teeth but would your weight, so I think u are overreacting.

its all relative to whatever doctor u are visiting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 10:35:48 PM »

I have never had a problem with being overweight.  I have had lots of trouble with not eating enough because of all the stuff we get told in Australia about eating well and excercising.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: