Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  (ouch) obesity
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (ouch) obesity  (Read 11401 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »

I'd like to expereince being really, really obese for one day, to see what it's like.

I've seen shows where people put on the "fat suit" and makeup for a day and walk around. By the end of it they are crying and want out. People treat them like shit, and talk about them right in front of their face.

But isn't it obvious that they have this "fat suit" on?

No. They go all out and have hollywood makeup artists do the thing.

Some super model did this for a day once, I can't remember who it was. She was on Oprah crying by the end of it.........
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 12:21:41 AM »

I hate that! I am thin, but I'm not a bag of bones or anything. I am a normal, healthy, weight for someone my height. Yet, I've gotten shit for being too skinny and been called anorexic by overweight people. There's something seriously wrong when someone overweight treats a person at a normal weight as if they are the unhealthy and disgusting.

It's something else isn't it?

I'm a lean guy that goes to the gym, just like you, no bag of bones.

I get shit all the time.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 12:55:32 AM »

Some super model did this for a day once, I can't remember who it was. She was on Oprah crying by the end of it.........

Tyra Banks.

Yeah - I saw that!  Its horrible!  Some people go in to do it for a week but pull out after a day or so becausae they cant handle it!  You would have to be pretty strong to put up with that kind of behaviour.

But after being as hot as Tyra Banks and then getting critizised for looks right in front of your face - I can see why she was crying.  One extreme to the other.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 01:01:07 AM »

Tyra Banks.

Yeah - I saw that!  Its horrible!  Some people go in to do it for a week but pull out after a day or so becausae they cant handle it!  You would have to be pretty strong to put up with that kind of behaviour.

But after being as hot as Tyra Banks and then getting critizised for looks right in front of your face - I can see why she was crying.  One extreme to the other.

Yea, it was probably much more shocking to somebody who is used to tons of attention.

I don't condone that type of behavior. If somebody is overweight that is too bad, and I would never point, laugh, or make fun of them.

I think the "fat suit" is a good lesson though.

I think "in shape" is becoming the minority, especially in the USA. I can go anywhere: Las  Vegas, Miami, Tampa, SLC...and there are just tons of fat people everywhere.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 01:39:42 AM »

Do you think that part of the reason people seem fatter now is that many aren't ashamed of it anymore?  I was thinking, when I was in high school, if a girl was chubby, she tried to hide it.  Now I see so many teenagers or women in their 20's with fat rolls hanging out over their low-rise jeans, their shirts not long enough to cover them.  In really bad cases, they bend over and their thong pops out of their pants and you see their nasty ass.  Its almost like they are flaunting their chunkiness.  I always wonder if they think they good like that.  And do guys like it? 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 01:49:26 AM »

Do you think that part of the reason people seem fatter now is that many aren't ashamed of it anymore?  I was thinking, when I was in high school, if a girl was chubby, she tried to hide it.  Now I see so many teenagers or women in their 20's with fat rolls hanging out over their low-rise jeans, their shirts not long enough to cover them.  In really bad cases, they bend over and their thong pops out of their pants and you see their nasty ass.  Its almost like they are flaunting their chunkiness.  I always wonder if they think they good like that.  And do guys like it? 

This thread is funny because it mirrors what I often say when talking to friends about this.

I do see these girls with their guts hanging ou walking home from school. And like you said, back when I was a kid, they would have been picked on...pretty bad. Today it ain't nuthin' but a thang!

I think that so many people are overweight that it eliminates the shameful aspect of it altogether.

I guess some guys like the chunkyness...I dunno.....lol

But yes, the shame is gone....gone gone gone.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 01:59:22 AM »

It's not healthy to be overweight by any means, but the standards of beauty are changing. Queen Latifah is a model for Covergirl and she's considered plus size.. Ten or fifteen years ago that would've been unheard of.

It seems like celebrities are getting torched in the media for being too skinny.  So the ideal is to be healthy or in shape, like SLC mentioned.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006, 04:38:35 AM »

oh non.
im' sorry, it is unhealthy to be overweight.
many nutrionist and doctor say it.

there is a difference between beauty and health. maybe queen latifah is sexy for some people, but she is Less healthy that someone thinner.

more fat > more risky for breath problems, heart problems, blood ....

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 08:19:10 AM »

I've read that obesity kills more prople in the USA than smoking. And still you see those McDonalds commercial with the happy kids eating hamburgers.

People talk shit about smokers, but, unlike the obese, smokers are actually useful to society

Ok.. a few things..

Theres nothing wrong with McDounald commercials.. its a person's PERSONAL RESPONCIBILITY to decide what they eat. Its not a commercial's fault they have become obese... its not a company's fault.. its not the goverments fault for not regulating the amount the eat. Its theirs (and perhaps some genetics.) Your attitude is the reason theres so many damn stupid law-suits in America.

2nd... theres "useful" obese people. In the same way theres "useless" smokers. In the same way theres tons of non-fat/non-smokers who are useless.. and there are tons of non-fat/non-smokers who ARE useful. Sterotypes=Bad.

and well theres no 3rd point.

? ? ? ? -jack

On the first point, if it's not the commercial's fault that they became obese (and in most cases it isn't) than why aren't any cigarette commercials anywere?

ON the second point you are right, I shouldn't had classified all the obese people as useless, I'm just saying that smokers get more crap than obese people

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 06:14:08 PM »

I don't understand how they can eat so much.  I overeat just a wee bit, and I'm rendered useless.  My breathing is difficult, I can't move, I can't think.  Ouch indeed!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 09:18:04 PM »

Low food quality as well as laziness contribute to obesity. Obese people lack the physical will to work out, the mental prowess to purchase healthy food, and the spiritual ideals that would make them want to improve their lives; they just don't care. They're simply low-quality humans, and are of course the majority. Smokers are even lower on the ladder, and overweight people mock them to make themselves feel better. They're bad at math; 2x0=0.

PS- Don't mistake a bodybuilder going through a bulking phase with an obese loser. You might just get a body slam from yours truly.  ok

When are you coming to Newfoundland?

ha, yeah ill help if needed lol Wink
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 09:23:06 PM »

Do you think that part of the reason people seem fatter now is that many aren't ashamed of it anymore?? I was thinking, when I was in high school, if a girl was chubby, she tried to hide it.? Now I see so many teenagers or women in their 20's with fat rolls hanging out over their low-rise jeans, their shirts not long enough to cover them.? In really bad cases, they bend over and their thong pops out of their pants and you see their nasty ass.? Its almost like they are flaunting their chunkiness.? I always wonder if they think they good like that.? And do guys like it??

I agree with this.  When I go out now and see these young girls with low cut pants and short shirt with FLAB hanging out, I am shocked.  First, when I was their age, I was super skinny.  Second, if I was their size, I wouldn't be caught dead with FLAB hanging out.

Why don't you just....
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 11:52:36 PM »

The US is the fattest country in the world.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 12:38:15 AM »

And getting fatter. no
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »

Agreed with what-ever, even if a person who is overweight is on a cover magazine, thats unhealthy for any future problem she/he may have, I used to be overweight but the last few years I've tried to stay as thin as I can be, someties is easy sometimes not, but I've never return to be a overweigt dude since my grand aunt died of heart attack, that was scary as hell, she always suffered for the same reasons.  nervous

No man can be my equal
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 02:03:33 PM »

oh non.

there is a difference between beauty and health. maybe queen latifah is sexy for some people, but she is Less healthy that someone thinner.

I know it's not healthy. It's just that society is more accepting of plus size figures today than they were 15 years ago.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 05:56:10 PM »

I noticed no one is really talking about large males...interesting...No matter what beach I go to there seem to be just as many dudes with guts and love handles...I get the sense that the whole media spin on what is female beauty is accepted with a lot of folks ...why do they eat so much, some of it is emotional...they get comfort from it cause that's how they deal with the snickering kids and wise ass remarks and the way no one makes eye contact with them, or it may be a way to fill another void in their lives, food does not reject you (know what I mean)...some of it may be medical, some of it just the diet they were raised on...the snacking habits\nutritional patterns that their parents raised them with...yadda, yadda, yadda...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 11:54:49 PM »

oh non.

don't think so. the obsession with being thin--diet commercials and diet  drugs--are more  popular than ever.

I know it's not healthy. It's just that society is more accepting of plus size figures today than they were 15 years ago.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »

I noticed no one is really talking about large males...interesting...No matter what beach I go to there seem to be just as many dudes with guts and love handles...I get the sense that the whole media spin on what is female beauty is accepted with a lot of folks ...why do they eat so much, some of it is emotional...they get comfort from it cause that's how they deal with the snickering kids and wise ass remarks and the way no one makes eye contact with them, or it may be a way to fill another void in their lives, food does not reject you (know what I mean)...some of it may be medical, some of it just the diet they were raised on...the snacking habits\nutritional patterns that their parents raised them with...yadda, yadda, yadda...

It's the same double standard as a guy sleeping around with a ton of girls and getting patted on the back, and a girl doing the same and getting called a slut for it...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 07:06:06 PM »

I noticed no one is really talking about large males...interesting...

Just for the record I did mean all people, not just women.

I did use girls as an example because that is what comes to mind. Girls wear things that are revealing (low rise jeans etc) and that just magnifies the fat thing. I.E. when you see fat hanging out. But I did not mean to focus my attention soley on women.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: