Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rights, religion clash in cartoon uproar
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rights, religion clash in cartoon uproar  (Read 26737 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2006, 10:11:51 AM »

I was talking about your country (we sometimes wonder if you're french or not ...) , and feelings. not physical security. you always bring *isreal's great, isreal's that, israel's this ... " you sound like the guys who always babble about gay people .... insecurity. lack of confidence. live by yourself. not by your country or your mother's religion. the fact that you are jewish or what ever, is just a coincidence.
The problem is not if I feel "french" or not.? Obviously I feel french, and I am. The problem is that sometimes I do NOT feel "in France". Like million and million of French citizens. When I go to "portes de la chapelle" (just an exemple), I feel in Iran.

wow ... so if i go to New York i feel like where ? africa ?
people from every country are everywhere. but if you want things to change and if you like france, you should stick up more for it, and not for israel. you walking on french streets and using french metro .... after all.

bakc on subject.
it's all politics. and sakib, one question > do you accept that people can think that god does not exist and that religion is bullshit ?
would it have been less insulting, if we said " god sucks ! "
we didnt insult persons. we insluted a concept / dream / faith > unreal.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »

but if you want things to change and if you like france, you should stick up more for it, and not for israel. you walking on french streets and using french metro .... after all.
as a jewish, Israel is my 2nd home. this is something you will probably never understand. Both countries are as important for me. half of my family lives in France, and half in Israel. Those 2 countries are like my mother and my father. Do you have a problem with that?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:26:40 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2006, 12:46:22 PM »

but if you want things to change and if you like france, you should stick up more for it, and not for israel. you walking on french streets and using french metro .... after all.
as a jewish, Israel is my 2nd home. this is something you will probably never understand. Both countries are as important for me. half of my family lives in France, and half in Israel. Those 2 countries are like my mother and my father. Do you have a problem with that?

yes. i dont like community feelings and *being part of something*. that's why i hate religion.
but you do as you want. just don't forget that you're in France. cause you dissed paris by saying it looks like iran ..... well people can say " man it looks like israel ! why can't they go home ? " .... it's called racism.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »

I just find this whole situation comical.

The point of the cartoon was that groups of muslims (a minority of muslims) use their faith as a rallying cry to spread violence against anyone who doesn't share or opposes their views. As soon as the cartoons surfaced, what is the first thing that happened?? Mass violence against embassies, and groups calling for the beheading of those responsible for the cartoon. (nothing like giving that stereotype legs to walk on)

Also here in the US, the AP has refused to circulate the images to their clients (major news outlets) because it is offensive...... But an art exibit featuring Virgin Mary covered in Cow Dung, or a Crusifix in a jar of piss is more than news worthy and should be covered by the New York times..... Do you know why, fear...... Christians aren't going to burn down the New York times for printing an offensive picture of the Virgin Mary or Jesus Christ. But if the Boston Herald printed the cartoon in question there is a greater than fifty fifty chance that Boston MA would become a one newspaper town because the Herald Headquarters would be blown clear across Rt. 93.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »

Walk, you really are more biased than i thought. You seem to hate Muslims and thing that we're violent thugs. I could be wrong.

Well if muslims don't want us to think they are violent thugs, then maybe they should stop acting that way?Destroying embasies, and calling for the kidnapping and dismembering of innocent people is most definately the work of voilent thugs. And who was it that ordered these things to happen? Hmm let me think... Oh right I got it, it was muslim religious leaders. Sure paints a funny picture for the rest of the world that's for sure.....

So what? Whats your point? You think i agree with the embassies being destroyed? And no i've never seen south park. Normal Muslims DO CARE because what are people that don't know much about islam think??? If you gave it to a child who doesnt know, what'd they think?  It's kinda like Germany pre-World War 2. Unfortunately, due to unreliable leaders such as Saddam Hussain and ayatollahs, they need some law and order and it seems to them that the more radical parties seem to take more action if that makes sense. Btw, this shit with Palestine and Israel is going back 100s of years not 30. Do you believe everything you read and see on the news??

actually it?s go on for like 60 years.....

and well..... i suppose those guys in indonesia burning the embassy of danemark are "a bit upset", too.....  it`s pathetic.

please notice that it`s not my aim to offend the regular muslims, but what`s going on among the hardliners (they seem to be quite much....) isn`t bearable anymore....   

i have to admit that i use to be a hardliner against bush. and i understand that the people in afghanistan and iraq don`t want american soldiers there, but burning the embassy of danemark goes too far......

i also understand that religion is an important part of the live of a muslim/christ/ whatever, but i can`t understand feeling offended by some fuckin`cartoon.....   get a life ok

and please read the article posted in post #45.      there`s something terribly wrong..... and i`m not speaking about tolerance !!  people in europe are doing everything to be tolerant and muslims think they can do whatever they want....  or don?t you think the bit about the bugerking ice creamn isn?t ridiculous??

tell me im wrong but you seem to think i wanted to burn the embassies. We're offended by the cartoon because of the image it gives about Muslims. And if you cant understand it, that your problem, as u've ignored so many of my posts (it seems to me that way) i'll say again, i was upset as were many but at least i manage to control myself from being ridiculous and burning Danish flags. I only agree with describing the implications of the idiot who drew that cartoons action in the future. Also, those people dont have to convert, its choice

well you can say whatever you want....  your first reaction here was "kill that fucker!!".... 
i know you wouldn`t say that again, but this statement from an educated muslim (at least i think so...) isn`t casting a positive light on neither you nor the islam in general. i also know that lots of muslims are against violence etc, but every muslim has to accept that there are other oppinions...

and all the religions of the world have way too much influence on the people by the way. it just causes violence and hate..... and to people like me who think there is no god, etc this is insane.... it ought to be insane to muslims, christians etc, too, because basically you`re all believing in the same thing.

and by the way..... why the fuck are muslims even caring about this shit??? it`s RIDICULOUS!!   are there christians burning embassies, because of those jesus cartoons etc?? i don?t think it`s allowed to draw a pic of god, nor to make fun of it in that religion either......     well they did "burn embassies" by the way........ 800 years ago as i said....     

i don? t think it`s right that people have to die, because of a book that was written 1400 years ago.......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2006, 02:03:57 PM »

in response to WARose last post, i'm happy to accept people don;t have to believe in a god. And i have to respect that because i go to a school where i'm the only muslim and coloured person (out of 1200 pupils). they arent religious at all. I would get annoyed if some1 said God sucks which is typical of people who see life negatively. However, to talk about someone like a Prophet like that, i'd find it offensive. I also find it offensive if you cuss Jesus as Jesus was a Messenger of Allah before Muhammad according to the qur'an. our story goes differently though toward the end. I'd also get annoyed if you cuss a Jewish messenger that appears in the qur'an such as Musa (Moses) or Ibrahim (Abraham). Unfortunately, due to a lack of education in majority of Muslims nowadays, they dont study the qur'an, thus they dont know how to react and dont know the true detail of the qur'an. as far as making fun of Isa (Jesus), i saw a cartoon to do with his crucifixion. Muslims believe he wasnt crucified at all. Instead, i think it was the Roman general or Judas (I'll check again) who got crucified. I'd be offended if you made fun of some parts of the Torah as parts of them are agreed to be true as theyre mentioned in the qur'an, such as parts of the Talmud (refer to me nesquick if i blunder).

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2006, 02:18:33 PM »

tell me im wrong but you seem to think i wanted to burn the embassies. We're offended by the cartoon because of the image it gives about Muslims.

So what is the image being given off? This behavior is just reinforcing the attitudes the comics were making fun of. It would be better if the muslim world laughed it off. That would be proof enough that muslims, fanatic or not, are not like that.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »

yes. i dont like community feelings and *being part of something*. that's why i hate religion.
but you do as you want. just don't forget that you're in France. cause you dissed paris by saying it looks like iran ..... well people can say " man it looks like israel ! why can't they go home ? " .... it's called racism.
Stop Hypocrisis. why do you think Le Pen went to the 2nd tour of the presidential in 2002? Open your eyes dude. It's not good to avoid seeing problems.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 03:08:21 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »

Stop Hypocrisis. why do you think Le Pen went to the 2nd tour of the presidential in 2002? Open your eyes dude. It's not good to avoid seeing problems.

still. religion sucks ass.
and if people wanna say God is a Moron, they can. mahomet, yahve, jesus ... who ever you want.
respecting people is one thing. making fun is another Smiley

sakib, what you don't get, is that YOUR SACRED, is not our sacred. and you CANNOT apply your rules of fear - fear of going to hell ? - to us.

see, let's say, i start a cult where britney spears is our godess. will you stop makin fun of her because of us ? nope.

what you don't get. is that your sacred means nothing to us. making fun of mahomet is like making fun of a tree. it's nothing.
then again. respecting PEOPLE is important. so we dont make fun OF Mr. Bob or Mrs. Jane .... we make fun of a concept > religion > and especially when it's used in that way > terrorism.

edit: all that was an exageration to show how people think on different level. no offense Sad you have the right to believe in lies....i mean, books Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 04:02:24 PM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2006, 01:21:14 AM »

religeon will be the death of us all.its getting so fukin lame that a stupid cartoon can cause so much damage.i have my beliefs but if someone was to mock my beliefs and religeon then thats up to them coz at the end of the day,if i believe it,doesnt mean you have too. peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
WARose
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »

in response to WARose last post, i'm happy to accept people don;t have to believe in a god. And i have to respect that because i go to a school where i'm the only muslim and coloured person (out of 1200 pupils). they arent religious at all. I would get annoyed if some1 said God sucks which is typical of people who see life negatively. However, to talk about someone like a Prophet like that, i'd find it offensive. I also find it offensive if you cuss Jesus as Jesus was a Messenger of Allah before Muhammad according to the qur'an. our story goes differently though toward the end. I'd also get annoyed if you cuss a Jewish messenger that appears in the qur'an such as Musa (Moses) or Ibrahim (Abraham). Unfortunately, due to a lack of education in majority of Muslims nowadays, they dont study the qur'an, thus they dont know how to react and dont know the true detail of the qur'an. as far as making fun of Isa (Jesus), i saw a cartoon to do with his crucifixion. Muslims believe he wasnt crucified at all. Instead, i think it was the Roman general or Judas (I'll check again) who got crucified. I'd be offended if you made fun of some parts of the Torah as parts of them are agreed to be true as theyre mentioned in the qur'an, such as parts of the Talmud (refer to me nesquick if i blunder).

i don`t like how everything you do must be allowed in a 1000+ years old book.......  and well this book can be and is interpreted in many ways....... it`s the same with women etc.....

and by the way i watched a tv show vesterday and some leader of a muslim organistation here in germany told that it`s actually not forbidden to have pics of muhammad..... it`s just the interpretation that makes it forbidden i guess.....

and what really strikes me is that like 99% of the muslims didn`t even see those cartoons....  but are offended though....   i think this all is really bad manipulation.....   these pics were printed in september....   i don`t think these pics are the reason fot this, they`re just an excuse for terrorists and uneducated muslims......

and i heard that the governments of vertain countries are supporting this shit, by making people acting the way they are.....

and my opinion is that there has to be such a thing as respect towards religions and stuff, but since everyone is allowed to think whatever the fuck he wants you can`t press it. you  have to accept that religion is bullshit to lots of people and violence won`t stop that.   what is really ridiculous, is that those cartoons were actually about the violence and stuff. and what do certain muslims do to disprove that??   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2006, 10:57:27 AM »

The Muslim population is acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum when they didn't get their way.  Why don't the Arabs clean up their press?  "Curse you for being anti-Muslim but it's OK if we bash the Jews and Christians."  How do you spell hypocrit?  A R A B S!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2006, 01:03:23 PM »

The Muslim population is acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum when they didn't get their way.  Why don't the Arabs clean up their press?  "Curse you for being anti-Muslim but it's OK if we bash the Jews and Christians."  How do you spell hypocrit?  A R A B S!

yeah let's kill them all !!

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »

Real intelligent post, Wat ever I'm totally not a thinker.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »

the fact that its a picture of the prophet muhammad is bad enough

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2006, 04:58:44 PM »

The Muslim population is acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum when they didn't get their way.? Why don't the Arabs clean up their press?? "Curse you for being anti-Muslim but it's OK if we bash the Jews and Christians."? How do you spell hypocrit?? A R A B S!

yeah let's kill them all !!

the arabs i know are very nice people. All the bad stuff about em i hear is on tv

WARose
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2006, 05:14:04 PM »

i watched a tv show vesterday and some leader of a muslim organistation here in germany told that it`s actually not forbidden to have pics of muhammad....

sakib?   are you really sure it?s forbidden?

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2006, 05:25:54 PM »

the fact that its a picture of the prophet muhammad is bad enough

Really, who cares?  It's a cartoon.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2006, 07:12:14 PM »

I guess the question is: What would Muhammad do?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2006, 07:34:53 PM »

WAT-EVER, im totally buggin':

Im not a church goer and dont really have a certain classification of faith, but Ive been reading about God and my existence over the past few months, and ironically started the Holy Bible just last weekend...only finished Genesis at the moment though...but I can tell you it's the most unreal piece of literature you could ever feast your eyes upon...

Have you ever even read a single page of the Holy Bible?...

You're entirely right that your comments that: "religion sucks", or "god sucks" may not be offensive to the majority, but I do have to admit it does make you look like a total jackass...

Like honestly, at least read and understand what the fuck it is your slamming before you even have the words at your fingertips..

Religion doesnt have to be a "restrictive community" or however it is you put it...

Id urge you to read the Bible and related texts in the comfort of your own fucking home, and deconstruct it's many possible meanings with your friends and family too accumulate how this book has, and could potentially shape your future...

If you choose not too, I dont care..you have free choice...

By the way the whole Bible is essentially emphasizing the gift of free choice that God gave you....

But please dont spam a good debate thread with stupid rumblings like "Religion sucks"

How could it possibly suck if you dont partake in it? Undecided
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:47:01 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: