Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Online Dating/Hook-Ups
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online Dating/Hook-Ups  (Read 2864 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:52:01 PM »

Has anyone ever been to places like craigslist.org, Yahoo! Personals or Match.com?

Well basically, they're a place where someone can go online and get laid or just get a date. I've been going to craigslist.org for about 1 1/2 years now and I've met some really cool people in my area.

Now, mostly I just go and meet people to get laid but a couple of people I've become really good friends with.

But, basically, the reason I created this thread, is I wanted to ask people if they do meet people online? And, do you feel it's safe?

I feel it's safe if you take certain precautions and stuff like that.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 01:03:35 PM »

i used craiglist, but for freelance work. it's cool. great site. what the internet should be. text. text. text.  (i guess Smiley )

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »

I met life 5 people via Internet, but only for friendship,  I couldnt imagine myself going to places to date girls to get laid... its just really strange to me... by I respect it...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »

I have hi5 and I've met a few girls, and they are quite hot, havent nailed them yet though  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 01:51:12 PM »

in Finland we got a popular site at www.irc-galleria.net, I've scored a few girls from there.

I've also tried some date site's where all ugly people want to meet me, plus some guys, now that's scary.

iCarlos, I go to a lot of places to get laid, nothing wrong with that  Cool

And isn't dating a girl basicly to get laid?

For me it was the other way around, but it seems to work out fine.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Sterlingdog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »

I've never met anyone online, I'm too paranoid.  But I have looked at some of the stuff on Craig's list for pure entertainment value.  I can't believe some of the pictures people post on there.  Don't they worry that their spouses/partners will see them and recognize them?  Or if the picture is only a body part, what about the furniture and stuff behind them? 

If you are going to do it, I would just say be very very cautious.  There are some very dangerous people out there and they have found that the internet is a great place to lure in victims. 
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »

iCarlos, I go to a lot of places to get laid, nothing wrong with that? Cool
And isn't dating a girl basicly to get laid?

You're right just Im not used to use the internet to get sex... but if I had the chance probable id use it...

On the other hand most of the time I just wanna meet a girl to talk to, to share some moments, damn its kinda hard to find that... no
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 04:26:04 PM »

i actualy met my girl friend at a "hot or not" shit site... im not TOO proud of that... but  hell, she is hot, and im hot, and our sex is hot

and i have met some cool people on this "networks", not dating sites, but mostely there are weirdos...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 04:49:35 PM »

I never met anyone from the net but I wouldn't be against it if there was someone cool from my area.  I think its safe if you are smart about it.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

I never met anyone from the net but I wouldn't be against it if there was someone cool from my area.  I think its safe if you are smart about it.

yeah.. you just  cant rush and meet someone... take the time and find out if he is a weirdo first....
i say he cuz its most weirdo guys out there.... prolly some gal's to... but never met'em..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 06:49:03 PM »

yeah.. you just  cant rush and meet someone... take the time and find out if he is a weirdo first....
i say he cuz its most weirdo guys out there.... prolly some gal's to... but never met'em..
I know those.

And my life-attitude ain't that safe anyway.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 07:07:24 PM »

Has anyone ever been to places like craigslist.org, Yahoo! Personals or Match.com?

Well basically, they're a place where someone can go online and get laid or just get a date. I've been going to craigslist.org for about 1 1/2 years now and I've met some really cool people in my area.

Now, mostly I just go and meet people to get laid but a couple of people I've become really good friends with.

But, basically, the reason I created this thread, is I wanted to ask people if they do meet people online? And, do you feel it's safe?

Its good to know that someone else is also taking advantage of those sites. The worst myth concerning online dating is that the women are ugly. Thats far from the truth. The best online dating site ever was yahoo in the late 90's. It was totally free, and they didn't censor any of their ads. There were so many girls posting ads on there in my area, you could have just about anything you wanted. Strangest hookups for me at that time was a woman who had recently had a baby and had this thing for breastfeeding a guy, and this 16 year old asian girl that only wanted to jerk me off in the theater. But when Yahoo turned it into a pay site and started censoring their ads, it went way downhill. The only dating site I've used in recent months is Plenty of Fish.

badapple81
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 08:41:37 AM »

Its good to know that someone else is also taking advantage of those sites. The worst myth concerning online dating is that the women are ugly. Thats far from the truth. The best online dating site ever was yahoo in the late 90's. It was totally free, and they didn't censor any of their ads. There were so many girls posting ads on there in my area, you could have just about anything you wanted. Strangest hookups for me at that time was a woman who had recently had a baby and had this thing for breastfeeding a guy, and this 16 year old asian girl that only wanted to jerk me off in the theater. But when Yahoo turned it into a pay site and started censoring their ads, it went way downhill. The only dating site I've used in recent months is Plenty of Fish.

The net was loads better in the late 90s! Okay so those 56k (or even worse 20 something k) modems weren't great! But I much preferred it back then. The days when ICQ was the thing!

But this..

was a woman who had recently had a baby and had this thing for breastfeeding a guy

.. is just odd!! Did you get your daily calcium requirements??!  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 01:22:30 PM »

.. is just odd!! Did you get your daily calcium requirements??!? hihi
hihi For a few days I did. hihi It was just too weird to keep seeing that girl. The few times I was with her everything revolved around that. She definitely was a few hot dogs short of a picnic. hihi I cant even imagine her today. She's probably one of those types that breastfeeds their kids their whole childhood.

Cmon Markus, tell us an online freak story. You've gotta have at least one. hihi

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »

Well, let's see on June 6th, 2005:

I was talking to a woman that was in her early 40's.

We were exchanging emails and she wanted to know if I would meet her, being I was still only 19 at the time. So, I didn't know her age and I said I would go out with someone older but as long as they weren't too old. And, so she sent me an email freaking out and ranting about how america is obessesed with age.

So, I told her to settle down and the only reason I went on to go out with her was because I was afraid she was gonna kill me if I didn't. She also said she was quite attractive for her age.

We met at a bookstore and she wasn't really that good looking. She looked about as old as she was and she was probably about average 4-5 out of 10.

So, we went in her truck and we started driving around looking for a quiet place to ya know...

So anyways, she just drove around, didn't really know where we were going. (because my (and her) house was too full to play in.) So, after about an hour and a half of being kidnapped...

She finally took me back to the bookstore and she said here ya go, I'm just dropping you back off. She acted like she was mad but it was just a bizzare expirence.

Since then, I've learned not to trust people like that who are that much older than me, who I get a bad vibe from and who go off and off on the littiest things.
---

This is actually the only bizarre person I've met as far as online.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 04:15:27 PM »

Well, let's see on June 6th, 2005:

I was talking to a woman that was in her early 40's.

We were exchanging emails and she wanted to know if I would meet her, being I was still only 19 at the time. So, I didn't know her age and I said I would go out with someone older but as long as they weren't too old. And, so she sent me an email freaking out and ranting about how america is obessesed with age.

So, I told her to settle down and the only reason I went on to go out with her was because I was afraid she was gonna kill me if I didn't. She also said she was quite attractive for her age.

We met at a bookstore and she wasn't really that good looking. She looked about as old as she was and she was probably about average 4-5 out of 10.

So, we went in her truck and we started driving around looking for a quiet place to ya know...

So anyways, she just drove around, didn't really know where we were going. (because my (and her) house was too full to play in.) So, after about an hour and a half of being kidnapped...

She finally took me back to the bookstore and she said here ya go, I'm just dropping you back off. She acted like she was mad but it was just a bizzare expirence.

Since then, I've learned not to trust people like that who are that much older than me, who I get a bad vibe from and who go off and off on the littiest things.
---

This is actually the only bizarre person I've met as far as online.
Wow! She sounds like a total game player. I'm surprised that she even met you. I've noticed that on alot of these dating sites now are alot of game players. Girls acting like they want it, but when the time draws near, they either back out or you get stood up. Sometimes I think those types are guys acting like girls online, or its just housewifes fantasizing about doing something. Either way, extremely pathetic. Have you used Plenty of Fish? Its completely free, and I think its the only actually free dating site left on the net. I've had some great hookups there in recent months, but also encountered a few gameplayers there as well. You should check it out.

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »

I haven't used Plenty of Fish before. I'll have to check it out.

craigslist.org is a free site as well as far as dating goes. I'm not sure about the other areas.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: