Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:42:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 56846 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 12:26:23 PM »

No chance in hell Dizzy will leave. Axl will leave first.

I know? Cry

Would you leave if you had a free ride?

Nah, Dizzy is set for life. He could have left GN'R and tried to hook up with Slash/Duff is he were a whore like that.
RichardNixon
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 12:28:11 PM »

There were rumors that Weiland and VR were going to break-up before they even released an album!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 12:28:56 PM »

Ditto to Nix.
Tastes differ but the Dizzy's song on myspace is damn brilliant. He's got a talent for writing.

Some people see just anything pointing towards a reunion, always.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 12:31:27 PM »

Also, when is the court date regarding the rights to the material, $$, and name?? Maybe, all the lawyers and consultants have been working on this case (both sides), and the lawyers came to the consensus that all sides need to drop these childish lawsuits and bickering, get in a room, and work it out.? Obviously, the original band all contributed equally to GNFR in their own way.? ?I would imagine, that the last thing some of these guy's careers need is another dragged out court proceeding.

Altruistic, but not likely.  Lawyers goal, especially in the types of firms these guys belong to, is billable hours.  They have no interest in "making nice" between the two sides.  Settlement is either done at the client's discretion, or when the lawyers know they can't win.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 12:32:20 PM »

i heard on the radio that? Weiland will be playing a few shows with STP....

you have the wrong band reunion

Last I heard, it was ONE show.  Not sure if that's changed or not....

Together again,
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »

Weiland is a great singer, if a solo album is on the run I def gonna hear it  ok
Weilan with STP again, i think thats not posible right now, but thats just my opinion.

No man can be my equal
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »

While I really doubt a GNR reunion will happen (but I pray it does) its kinda fun to read or think about "conspiracy theories" if you will, about how the band will get back together.  Its fun to read into things and say, "do you think that means......". 

Personally, I would like to see Axl do his own thing and compare it to VR.  I was really disappointed by VR as I think STP was a solid band and of course Guns was just amazing.  But together they are kinda lame. 

I don't see how Slash's camp and Axl could get along well enough to go on tour, make more music with all of the BS in the past still being talked about today.  If Axl is late showing up to a show or something like that....if he gets pissed off at some fan or reporter....wouldn't it just start all over again?

Its fun to talk about and discuss, but sadly its just all wishful thinking.....in my opinion at least.

Could you imagine a "return of rock" tour though with Aerosmith, GNR (original line up) and the Stones or something haha.  That'd fucking rock!!!

Or a tour with VR and Axl with Slash and Duff playing in BOTH bands!! hahah Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 12:47:57 PM »

Sure VR might release an album. ?Sure CD may come out. ?Even if both did, it does not discount the fact that the original line-up may play some feeling out shows together this summer. ?Last time some GNR guy's got together and played, it turned into VR. ?Maybe this time, it will turn into an album from the original guy's and a world tour. ?We'll see. ?But there are many factors that make a reunion scenario more likely than not at this point in time. ?We'll have to wait and see.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2006, 12:49:03 PM »

While I really doubt a GNR reunion will happen (but I pray it does) its kinda fun to read or think about "conspiracy theories" if you will, about how the band will get back together.? Its fun to read into things and say, "do you think that means......".?

Personally, I would like to see Axl do his own thing and compare it to VR.? I was really disappointed by VR as I think STP was a solid band and of course Guns was just amazing.? But together they are kinda lame.?

I don't see how Slash's camp and Axl could get along well enough to go on tour, make more music with all of the BS in the past still being talked about today.? If Axl is late showing up to a show or something like that....if he gets pissed off at some fan or reporter....wouldn't it just start all over again?

Its fun to talk about and discuss, but sadly its just all wishful thinking.....in my opinion at least.

Could you imagine a "return of rock" tour though with Aerosmith, GNR (original line up) and the Stones or something haha.? That'd fucking rock!!!

Or a tour with VR and Axl with Slash and Duff playing in BOTH bands!! hahah Wink

I think the past few years might have humbled Uncle Axl a little, and made him realize that he need's the old guy's as much as they need him.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »

Minneapolisnewsman,

If a reunion does go down... I'll be the first to give you mad props. You've been "speculating" about that for a long time now and taken a lot of heat for it. The fact that it's a rumor "that just doesn't seem to fully go away" at the moment- if nothing else- is a minor victory for your credibility and instincts with regards to this stuff. So congrats...

On another note, let's not forget that Axl is seemingly a Machiavellian- if the old band better fits his needs at the moment (for whatever reason)- I can easily see him patching it up. The $64,000 question is whether they do....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2006, 12:59:46 PM »

Could you imagine a "return of rock" tour though with Aerosmith, GNR (original line up) and the Stones or something haha.? That'd fucking rock!!!

Could you imagine the price of those tickets? hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »

Sure VR might release an album. ?Sure CD may come out. ?Even if both did, it does not discount the fact that the original line-up may play some feeling out shows together this summer. ?Last time some GNR guy's got together and played, it turned into VR. ?Maybe this time, it will turn into an album from the original guy's and a world tour. ?We'll see. ?But there are many factors that make a reunion scenario more likely than not at this point in time. ?We'll have to wait and see.

You're right. ?We'll have to wait and see. ?But, looking at the actual FACTUAL information available, I'd love to hear what "factors" you're talking about. ?Of course, now's when people usually make some vague insinuation about being an insider or "talking to people that know Weiland" or tell us that "Dizzy doesn't want the news made public" (but they then tell a whole buttload of people at another forum). ?You'll have to excuse those of us that are more than a bit gunshy....we've heard it all before.

But, then again, this same rumor comes up about once or twice a year. ?And every year goes by without a reunion.

Banny/Danny....is that you with your magic fax machine again?

Together again,
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2006, 01:02:09 PM »

Minneapolisnewsman,

If a reunion does go down... I'll be the first to give you mad props. You've been "speculating" about that for a long time now and taken a lot of heat for it. The fact that it's a rumor "that just doesn't seem to fully go away" at the moment- if nothing else- is a minor victory for your credibility and instincts with regards to this stuff. So congrats...

On another note, let's not forget that Axl is seemingly a Machiavellian- if the old band better fits his needs at the moment (for whatever reason)- I can easily see him patching it up. The $64,000 question is whether they do....

I just hope for some music this year. ?I have seen the old and new bands both many times, and love both. ?I would not discount the Halfin post (by mistake, or to generate buzz), Weiland's solo efforts, and Axl's career position. ?Things are pointing towards things coming to a head this year. ?If nothing happens this year, then Axl might have decided to pack in his reputation (as a enigma, and rock god) for the long haul and live a nice life out of the public eye, and rake in the cash from the millions of units the catalog sells each year. ?If that is what he does, then that is good with me to. ?Plenty of good music out there.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »

I don't care what plans VR has already "committed" to... plans are plans... nothing more. I honestly feel, and have always felt, that if Axl picked up the phone and wanted to give it another shot... Slash, Duff (as writers and performers) and Izzy (at least as a writer) would bite faster than a German Shepeard with a steak waving in front of its snout. VR obligations won't stop that. They'll find away around it or find some way to meet the minimum level of obligations... but a GN'R reunion would run over VR like a squirrel.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »

Could you imagine the price of those tickets? hihi

They could never pull it off. ? It'd have to be an all day event, just because of the sheer time it would take for set changes. ?The "cheap seats" would need to be close to, if not over, $200...maybe closer to $250...just to cover costs. ?Aeorsmith and GnR would fight over who would go on before the Stones closed (which, I'm sure, they'd insist on). ?And all that ignores that Mick would, I'd bet, never consent to tour with Axl, given his unpredictibility and undependability. ?Jagger's become too much of a consumate business man. ?Never mind the sheer cost of moving all that equipment all over the country! Smiley

Which is not to say it wouldn't be awesome and a great "dream scenario". ?It would be!

Together again,
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »

You're right. ?We'll have to wait and see. ?But, looking at the actual FACTUAL information available, I'd love to hear what "factors" you're talking about. ?Of course, now's when people usually make some vague insinuation about being an insider or "talking to people that know Weiland" or tell us that "Dizzy doesn't want the news made public" (but they then tell a whole buttload of people at another forum). ?You'll have to excuse those of us that are more than a bit gunshy....we've heard it all before.

But, then again, this same rumor comes up about once or twice a year. ?And every year goes by without a reunion.

Banny/Danny....is that you with your magic fax machine again?

I have not heard a reunion rumor for years; only that it would happen someday. ?For the love of Iron Maiden, Halfin posted that the original band was playing at Download Festival in 2006 on his website. ?Someone at CAA told a promoter that VR maybe unavailable this summer due to a GNR reunion. ? BTW, Danny is nuts. ?Big difference between openly trying to connect some dots, and telling people you are getting correspondence from the label via a fax machine in the North Pole. ?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2006, 01:10:15 PM »

I don't care what plans VR has already "committed" to... plans are plans... nothing more. I honestly feel, and have always felt, that if Axl picked up the phone and wanted to give it another shot... Slash, Duff (as writers and performers) and Izzy (at least as a writer) would bite faster than a German Shepeard with a steak waving in front of its snout. VR obligations won't stop that. They'll find away around it or find some way to meet the minimum level of obligations... but a GN'R reunion would run over VR like a squirrel.

If only things were that simple.

And that's some heavy speculating right there.  Given all that's transpired, and all that Slash and Duff have said about Axl, I'm not convinced it would go that easily, that smoothly, or that quickly.

Never mind the fact that, given Axl's past statments, I'm not sure he'd make the call.

Together again,
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2006, 01:13:36 PM »

I totally agree with you Pilferk... but you DO agree that if everything were somehow someway to fall into place... VR would not and could not prevent a GN'R reunion?

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »

I have not heard a reunion rumor for years; only that it would happen someday. ?For the love of Iron Maiden, Halfin posted that the original band was playing at Download Festival in 2006 on his website. ?Someone at CAA told a promoter that VR maybe unavailable this summer due to a GNR reunion. ? BTW, Danny is nuts. ?Big difference between openly trying to connect some dots, and telling people you are getting correspondence from the label via a fax machine in the North Pole. ?

Then you haven't been reading HTGTH much.

Halfin posted it, and removed it. ?He also posted that CD was complete. ?I wouldn't take Halfin's word on anything.

On the fact that CAA told "some promoter" that VR maybe unavailable: According to who? ?Some anonymous poster at the Velvet Rope? ?Which promoter? ?Again, I'd say the credibility of that information is suspect, at best, especially considering Halfin's post made the rounds first, and was the direct subject of the post in question. ?It's not like the two pieces of information were found independant of each other.

In addition, Jim Koplik (a promoter in CT) has reported that he HAS been contacted about possible VR shows this summer. ?That's direct from the horse's mouth.

So, those are the factors you're talking about?

Rumors and speculation, like I said.

Here's hoping Downloads announcement tomorrow sheds a bit more light.

Together again,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2006, 01:15:56 PM »

S?But there are many factors that make a reunion scenario more likely than not at this point in time. ?We'll have to wait and see.

I really doubt a reunion is likely and I don't buy the "many factors' line. Besides all the other comments that have been made, a reunion would upstage the new GNR's forthcoming album, and why would Axl want to do that after such a long wait? And second, a reunion would leave Tommy, Robin, Richard, and the rest out in the cold. It is hard to imagine that Axl would do that after saying they were the best band he has played with.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: