Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 09:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227989 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 56328 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2006, 05:39:08 PM »

i guess we would know from Tommy, Richard or anyone if the old line up got back together..
What i may be open to belive, is that the old line up could do 1 or 2 shows together.. But not start as a band agian.
There is to much hard work, and i think the new band really is the most important thing right now...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2006, 05:39:22 PM »

There is no such thing as a 'rumour'. 99,9% of the rumours on here are just "thoughts" or "things people want to hear themselves" so they make things up from there computer. They call it a rumour???

No way, you could only call it a 'rumour' if allot of newspapers are reporting that a reunion is likely if axl looseliply, none or less wouldn't deny it with words. But that is not the case. A reunion will not happen, look at the post jarmo made. Axl gave an interview none or less a few weeks ago.

People just make shit up based on nothing but wishfull thinking. You shouldn't even call it a rumour.

I suggest every so called "rumour" on here should be called "wishfull thinking" Then it would be actually a right rumour.

And insiders my ass.

The only insiders are Merck, axl and de bandmembers.

well news papers are actually reporting it....

read the bit after that too please...... Axl DENIED it. Never looseliply said a reunion is possible. So they make it ALL up. Therefore you cant just call it a rumour based on POOR JOURNALISM.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »

Chinese Democracy will be what most of music fans want. Mark my words. smoking
Do you really think that 'Music' fans are more interested to see what Axl and the New Lineup can do as opposed to getting the true followup to UYI from a proven Hall of Fame band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2006, 05:41:18 PM »

Well I don't know about ARC guy. He seems to be a know it all kinda guy. It's only ARC who stated the Slash bs for a fact and not M88.  confused

Do you think "we" means him and Slash?

Personally I don't think so.

Neither do I as I said in the other thread.

I don't. I'm not into some uncles' alumni meeting.
Chinese Democracy will be what most of music fans want. Mark my words. smoking

A brave assumption.  I would be willing to bet that most music fans will be willing to see the people who made GNR GNR.  The original guys are what made the band the legend that is GNR.  I would like to see CD is well, but you're painting with a very broad brush.

There're far more Music fans in the world than the diehard fans of old GNR. like fishes in the ocean. Don't brush them aside. Wink
Just I'm not halfassed.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »

Also, M88 admitted to fabricating parts of that interview, but for some reason, I'm the only person who remembers him saying that. DTJ, welcome back to the soap opera! hihi

No you're not.  I remember him as well posting that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:45:01 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2006, 05:42:54 PM »

Wow, what a load of shit. No offense, but if there was a one off reunion, how secure would the new guys feel if Axl is being celebrated onstage with his old mates? Considering the work that they have put into this record, they all (and I include Big B in this equation) deserve their accolades. Additionally, there is no chance of a permanent recoupling: do you honestly think Slash would play select songs off of CD? Would the record company eat $15 million allow the band to start over? No way.  Nix this rumor. I personally doubt we see a reunion until Axl is left without a band.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2006, 05:43:55 PM »

So i guess new gnr is finished being all the guys are doing projects or some type of solo work.. New gnr vr are all done being they are doing solo work.. hihi

I personally hat ethe side work, it's like why not just play with the bands you are in especially sinc ethye have nothing yet (new gnr) and vr has one
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »

read the bit after that too please...... Axl DENIED it. Never looseliply said a reunion is possible. So they make it ALL up. Therefore you cant just call it a rumour based on POOR JOURNALISM.

Where did Axl deny it?? Are you talking about the non quoted part where the rolling stone reporter put that together based on Axl's statement about not speaking to Slash. He never said "No Reunion".
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2006, 05:44:36 PM »

There is no such thing as a 'rumour'. 99,9% of the rumours on here are just "thoughts" or "things people want to hear themselves" so they make things up from there computer. They call it a rumour???

No way, you could only call it a 'rumour' if allot of newspapers are reporting that a reunion is likely if axl looseliply, none or less wouldn't deny it with words. But that is not the case. A reunion will not happen, look at the post jarmo made. Axl gave an interview none or less a few weeks ago.

People just make shit up based on nothing but wishfull thinking. You shouldn't even call it a rumour.

I suggest every so called "rumour" on here should be called "wishfull thinking" Then it would be actually a right rumour.

And insiders my ass.

Funny, you seem to be declaring yourself an expert. ?I actually don't think Mysteron, Axl, Merck or anyone would think that anyone is trying to be an expert or reading too much into things when Ian Astbury, apparently someone from CAA, and Ross Halfin publically mentioned that GNR were possibly reuniting for some summer Festivals. ?Really, it was printed on online magazines. ?Is someone delusional for reading it, internalizing it, and thinking it's possible. ?No. ?Does it justify personal attacks, and argumentative posts. ?No. ?

Let it be, as it seems that no one knows much. ?But, one thing is certain, someone told Halfin and Astbury something, and they told their fans. ?That really did happen, and no one is crazy for reading it and speculating that it was possible. ?End of story. ?Quit trying to ostracize and create factions and fights people. ?We all love GNR.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2006, 05:45:57 PM »

And insiders my ass.

Funny, you seem to be declaring yourself an expert.  I actually don't think Mysteron, Axl, Merck or anyone would think that anyone is trying to be an expert or reading too much into things when Ian Astbury, apparently someone from CAA, and Ross Halfin publically mentioned that GNR were possibly reuniting for some summer Festivals.  Really, it was printed on online magazines.  Is someone delusional for reading it, internalizing it, and thinking it's possible.  No.  Does it justify personal attacks, and argumentative posts.  No. 

Let it be, as it seems that no one knows much.  But, one thing is certain, someone told Halfin and Astbury something, and they told their fans.  That really did happen, and no one is crazy for reading it and speculating that it was possible.  End of story.  Quit trying to ostracize and create factions and fights people.  We all love GNR.

Halfin removed it from his site for a reason. Most probably b/c the statement was based in rumor and did not represent reality.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2006, 05:47:46 PM »

Or he was asked to remove it for any of a variety of reasons.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2006, 05:47:59 PM »

And insiders my ass.

Funny, you seem to be declaring yourself an expert. ?I actually don't think Mysteron, Axl, Merck or anyone would think that anyone is trying to be an expert or reading too much into things when Ian Astbury, apparently someone from CAA, and Ross Halfin publically mentioned that GNR were possibly reuniting for some summer Festivals. ?Really, it was printed on online magazines. ?Is someone delusional for reading it, internalizing it, and thinking it's possible. ?No. ?Does it justify personal attacks, and argumentative posts. ?No. ?

Let it be, as it seems that no one knows much. ?But, one thing is certain, someone told Halfin and Astbury something, and they told their fans. ?That really did happen, and no one is crazy for reading it and speculating that it was possible. ?End of story. ?Quit trying to ostracize and create factions and fights people. ?We all love GNR.

I'm not an expert, never will be, don't want to be, just using some common sense (IMO) but you are right that it doesn't matter what I say, people will do what they please anyway. People believe to much they hear and get upset if it doesn't happen...that's what's annoying me.

Yes we all love Guns,

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:50:49 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »

The most logical one being that someone, maybe GnR management, called him or his agent and mentioned that the rumor was not true.

This is the internet, don't believe everything you read.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2006, 05:54:38 PM »

The most logical one being that someone, maybe GnR management, called him or his agent and mentioned that the rumor was not true.

Why most people though, begin to believe this stuff, is that in the Modern Age, most large media events which leak out like this become true.  Funny, but that is how it works.  I am not saying that this time it is true--in fact it seems most likely not, but people have become accustomed to rumors spreading this way.++++++++++++++
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »

This thread is starting to remind me of being on one of those damn tea cups at disneyland,spinning round and round till we all get off and puke from the dizzyness.

Apparently something was said , mentioned , by whoever, bottom line is IMO , it is like someone else said about people wanting Axl and CD to fail, will go through all lengths to put curves in the road, when Axl makes any type of statement or is scene.

AT the end of the day, the only truths I hold to are

1) Axl said we would hear music this year(cd, single whatever something

2)THe members of the band hae been completely loyal throughout,(maybe I can get alil insite tonight with richard, though Im actually goin more just to see him rock out and perform, but if we have a moment to chat ,a few questions wouldnt hurt I guess)

3) I tend to just not bother with BS rumors and speculation , cuse time and time again, it turns out to be just that, and I have better things to do.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »

Why most people though, begin to believe this stuff, is that in the Modern Age, most large media events which leak out like this become true.? Funny, but that is how it works.? I am not saying that this time it is true--in fact it seems most likely not, but people have become accustomed to rumors spreading this way.++++++++++++++

yes, but it makes it easier to pass off nonsense doesnt it? People believe too much, they'll be in for a dissapointment most likely.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2006, 06:00:04 PM »

Why most people though, begin to believe this stuff, is that in the Modern Age, most large media events which leak out like this become true.  Funny, but that is how it works.  I am not saying that this time it is true--in fact it seems most likely not, but people have become accustomed to rumors spreading this way.++++++++++++++

For every GnR rumor that became fact, there are nearly a hundred that were and forever will be bunk.  False rumors inevitably grow from a fragment of titulating info that sneaks out of the GnR camp; mongerers construct their salacious stories around these fragments out of belief that this gives them a basis in truth. You can always spot the blatantly fabricated because they usually are 'discovered' soon after a major news leak.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2006, 06:00:16 PM »

This thread is starting to remind me of being on one of those damn tea cups at disneyland,spinning round and round till we all get off and puke from the dizzyness.

Apparently something was said , mentioned , by whoever, bottom line is IMO , it is like someone else said about people wanting Axl and CD to fail, will go through all lengths to put curves in the road, when Axl makes any type of statement or is scene.

2)THe members of the band hae been completely loyal throughout,(maybe I can get alil insite tonight with richard, though Im actually goin more just to see him rock out and perform, but if we have a moment to chat ,a few questions wouldnt hurt I guess)

3) I tend to just not bother with BS rumors and speculation , cuse time and time again, it turns out to be just that, and I have better things to do.

Good post. ok ?What you mentioned above as well as Mysteron using the word "baseless". ?Mysteron has never steered us wrong, that as well as Axls interview is all the facts that are needed.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

So i guess new gnr is finished being all the guys are doing projects or some type of solo work.. New gnr vr are all done being they are doing solo work.. hihi

I personally hat ethe side work, it's like why not just play with the bands you are in especially sinc ethye have nothing yet (new gnr) and vr has one

LOL...I just have to say nugnr finished they never even really started.  hihi   

Seriously agreed here...New GNR needs to put all solo projects aside [i know been said a million times] and VR...agreed..they have big tour behind them, vids and a released album so it's not so bad that during their down time...they want to do other things...all of them have been in bands exclusively and maybe just still flexing the solo muscles you know.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:02:49 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »

Ask him if he is planning on doing any work with Richard Butler this year, or if he has plans to work with Love Split again (great band)!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: