Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:44:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Black Label Society Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Black Label Society Thread  (Read 42276 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2005, 04:26:20 PM »

Despite a previous announcement to the contrary, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY were unable to offer high-quality CDs of their three Californian dates (San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco) to fans that attended the shows on their current tour. The band have released the following statement regarding the matter:

"Due to contractual obligations with the new BLACK LABEL SOCIETY live DVD coming out soon, we were unable to record and release the shows in California last week."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY bassist John "JD" Deservio will be attending the 2006 Winter NAMM Show at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Saturday January 21.

In a recent interview with Boston writer Deb Rao, DeServio spoke about NAMM, Zakk Wylde's induction into Hollywood's RockWalk on January 17, and future BLACK LABEL SOCIETY touring plans:

Q: In 2005, you re-joined BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. How does it feel to be back with BLS? You did an excellent job on the fall Mafia tour, by the way.

JD: "It's great to be back in BLACK LABEL SOCIETY; it's definitely home. The fall tour was jammin', for sure.

Q: Do you have any musical predictions for 2006? Do you see a trend going returning back to old-school metal?

JD: "I think the kids today are starting to go back and check the masters that came before them.There were so many great guitar heroes years ago. I always kid Zakk, he's the last one left!! He wins by default!!"

Q: How did you meet Zakk Wylde? Did you meet him in New Jersey? Jersey is like the melting pot for all great musicians. In a recent interview that I conducted with Zakk Wylde, I asked him why there is so many great Jersey musicians? Zakk replied, "There must be something in the water."

JD: "We met in a club back in Jersey when we were kids. Music's always been our common bond. I heard this dude rippin' some shit and I was like, 'Damn, this dude's burning!!' We jammed in the basement of the place and been brothers ever since."

Q: Now Zakk Wylde recently got inducted into Hollywood's RockWalk on January 17. I am so happy for him. He is truly one of rock's greatest guitarists. Are you excited for him?

JD: "The Hollywood's RockWalk induction was awesome!!!! So proud of my buddy."

Q: Will BLACK LABEL SOCIETY release a new album this year?

JD: "Right now we're in the studio recording the next record."

Q: BLS had such an active touring schedule last year. Are their any future BLS touring plans in the works? Will BLACK LABEL SOCIETY perform at Ozzfest this summer?

Q: During the past fall Mafia tour, BLS performed a special tribute to "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott during "In This River". Did you know Dime?

JD: "Unfortunately, I only met Dime once in '93. I talked to him on the phone with Zakk a couple of times. He was one of a kind."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2006, 09:41:40 AM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY booking agent Troy Blakely at APA has told Billboard magazine that the band will be taking part in this summer's Ozzfest before doing additional North American dates in the fall. "We don't know how we're going to do it yet or who we're going to be out with, but that's the plan, we're going to be back here in the fall headlining," he said.

This year BLACK LABEL SOCIETY will tour overseas for most of the spring and early summer. The band is booked in Europe by Nigel Kerr at APS and in South America by Bill Monot at Paradise Artists.

"For the first time this year, we're going to South America, for 16 headlining shows in 3,000-capacity-plus [venues]," BLACK LABEL SOCIETY manager Bob Ringe told Billboard. "We're going to Australia for the first time this year ? eight shows in May, 3,000-capacity-plus. And we're doing a headlining European tour from May 23 until the first of July."

Blakely calls BLACK LABEL SOCIETY mainman Zakk Wylde "one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in the music business, period, and I've been doing this about 32 years."

Wylde's work ethic impressed Blakely early on. "He's working 24 hours a day, not just when he's onstage," Blakely said. "He's either writing material for himself or for OZZY OSBOURNE, working on other projects he's involved with, designing guitars or whatever else he's doing."

On the road, Wylde and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY are rock-solid at the box office. "we did two tours in 2005," Ringe noted. "The spring tour we did 97.6% capacity, and the fall tour we headlined 3,000-plus seaters."

According to Blakely, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's fan base is very loyal. "That's one of the things I noticed a couple of years ago when I had JUDAS PRIEST on Ozzfest," he said. "I saw this fan base that Zakk has. There are chapters in each city that are very, very loyal fans, that come out for Zakk and bring other people and spread the word about what Zakk and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY are up to. I've never seen anything quite like that before."

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2006, 01:39:32 AM »

Any brothers and sisters around these parts?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY booking agent Troy Blakely at APA has told Billboard magazine that the band will be taking part in this summer's Ozzfest before doing additional North American dates in the fall. "We don't know how we're going to do it yet or who we're going to be out with, but that's the plan, we're going to be back here in the fall headlining," he said.

This year BLACK LABEL SOCIETY will tour overseas for most of the spring and early summer. The band is booked in Europe by Nigel Kerr at APS and in South America by Bill Monot at Paradise Artists.

"For the first time this year, we're going to South America, for 16 headlining shows in 3,000-capacity-plus [venues]," BLACK LABEL SOCIETY manager Bob Ringe told Billboard. "We're going to Australia for the first time this year ? eight shows in May, 3,000-capacity-plus. And we're doing a headlining European tour from May 23 until the first of July."

Blakely calls BLACK LABEL SOCIETY mainman Zakk Wylde "one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in the music business, period, and I've been doing this about 32 years."

Wylde's work ethic impressed Blakely early on. "He's working 24 hours a day, not just when he's onstage," Blakely said. "He's either writing material for himself or for OZZY OSBOURNE, working on other projects he's involved with, designing guitars or whatever else he's doing."

On the road, Wylde and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY are rock-solid at the box office. "we did two tours in 2005," Ringe noted. "The spring tour we did 97.6% capacity, and the fall tour we headlined 3,000-plus seaters."

According to Blakely, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's fan base is very loyal. "That's one of the things I noticed a couple of years ago when I had JUDAS PRIEST on Ozzfest," he said. "I saw this fan base that Zakk has. There are chapters in each city that are very, very loyal fans, that come out for Zakk and bring other people and spread the word about what Zakk and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY are up to. I've never seen anything quite like that before."

Yay, BLS are coming to Australia in May - just in time for my birthday! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2006, 12:44:13 PM »

Nice. Yeah the Society is growing and growing.. New album in June should kick all of our asses.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2006, 05:51:14 PM »

Who sings on Mafia? Zakk?

I just got it and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2006, 06:18:03 PM »

Nice. Yeah the Society is growing and growing.. New album in June should kick all of our asses.

Another new album? Man, Zakk works quick!
He's working with Ozzy on his new album too isn't he?

Been listening to heaps of BLS lately, love Sonic Brew, there's some great stuff on there ok

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2006, 06:19:44 PM »

Who sings on Mafia? Zakk?

I just got it and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Pretty sure it's Zakk singing, he sings on all the other albums, so I assume he sings on Mafia too.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought  ok

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »

Yeah it's him. Mafia is a damn good album. He sings, records both lead and rythem guitar and some bass. Only thing he doesn't play are the drums.

The new album was suppose to be issued in June.. But it seems BLS and their current label are no more.. So Zakk is pretty much a free agent. So the CD and DVD might be delayed.. might not. The DVD was suppose to be released in April.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2006, 02:30:48 PM »

I recently got Kings of damnation and Mafia.  this is really good stuff ok

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »

If you really want to know the guys range in music.. Pick of Book Of Shadows and Pride & Glory. Totally different sound than BLS. BoS is an acoustic based album which is amazing. The P&G album is southern rockish to a point but so much more..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »

Yeah it's him. Mafia is a damn good album. He sings, records both lead and rythem guitar and some bass. Only thing he doesn't play are the drums.

The new album was suppose to be issued in June.. But it seems BLS and their current label are no more.. So Zakk is pretty much a free agent. So the CD and DVD might be delayed.. might not. The DVD was suppose to be released in April.

What is the new DVD coming out? Live footage?

I've got the first DVD - Boozed, Bruised and Broken Boned which is awesome, but I wish Zakk would play some older tunes from Pride & Glory or Book Of Shadows, those are great too. Toe'n The Line is a kickass song, would love to hear BLS play that. beer

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2006, 06:59:44 PM »

OR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 20, 2006

ZAKK WYLDE'S BLACK LABEL SOCIETY SIGNS TO ROADRUNNER RECORDS

SUMMER ACTIVITIES INCLUDES THE RELEASE OF SHOT TO HELL AND SECOND STAGE OZZFEST HEADLINING SLOT

New York, NY ? Roadrunner Records is proud to announce the signing of legendary guitarist Zakk Wylde and his band, Black Label Society. Having sold over 1.4 million albums worldwide BLS is currently working with producer Michael Beinhorn (Soundgarden, Ozzy Osbourne, Red Hot Chili Peppers) on Shot To Hell, the first release for Roadrunner that will be released this summer. "After spending a lifetime as Wylde Z. Coyote, I guess it was just a matter of time before I'd catch the Roadrunner, " comments Wylde. Shot To Hell is the follow up to Mafia, which debuted in March 2005 at #15 on the Billboard Top 200 Album chart and at #1 on the Top Independent Albums chart. The top rock track ?In This River? from Mafia will be on the upcoming MTV2 Headbangers Ball: The Revenge album that is out April 11th. BLS, who were just announced as the Ozzfest second stage headliner, will tour the world extensively in support of the new album. Zakk is currently finishing up the newest from BLS and writing and recording with Ozzy Osbourne for his new album.

"Signing Zakk and Black Label Society is an honor,? stated Roadrunner Records Director of A&R Mike Gitter (Killswitch Engage, Cradle of Filth). ?The guy is genuine, rock royalty whose talent is only matched by his vision. He is the real deal and his legacy, as one of the greatest guitarists of all time has already been cemented.?

Guitar World Magazine?s 3 time reigning MVP who in their year end readers poll was named #1 most valuable player, #1 best metal guitarist and #1 best shredder and the recipient of Metal Hammer Magazine?s 2005 ?Riff Lord? Golden God Award, Zakk is one of the worlds most respected guitarists and a true living legend. On January 17th Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne inducted Zakk into Hollywood?s Guitar Center Rock Walk. Recently Zakk re-upped with Gibson Guitars who fully endorses him with a line of custom made Les Paul?s and this year Marshall Amplification will make a special limited edition ?Zakk Stack.? Zakk is the only artist aside from Jimi Hendrix to have a Marshall amplifier named after him

In 1986, at the age of 19, Zakk was plucked from a gas station in NJ to be the new guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne. He quickly asserted not only his guitar skills but also his songwriting prowess, having co-written some of Ozzy?s best-selling albums including, No Rest For The Wicked, No More Tears and Ozzmosis. Additionally, he has released one album with the short-lived project Pride & Glory, one solo album and seven albums with Black Label Society. Lastly, BLS has released the DVD Boozed, Broozed & Broken-Boned- Live with the Detroit Chapter, which is certified Platinum. Zakk is a budding actor who has appeared in the 2001 movie Rock Star with Mark Walhberg and later this year, will star in the film, ?Red Line? directed by Billy Zane.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2006, 07:10:31 PM »

Cool to see BLS get signed to Roadrunner, which will hopefully mean more exposure for them.
Interesting to see Michael Beinhorn on his new album too. I think Zakk could make the best BLS album with a little more direction from a well reknowned producer. beer

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2006, 07:25:08 PM »

Maybe finally get that hit rock single that hasnt happened yet.. Good times to be a SDMFer.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »

July 3rd, 2006 is the date when "Shot to Hell" will be released in stores on Roadrunner.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »

And Australian tour dates are up on Zakk's site too, they're touring here in September beer

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:59 AM »

Ozzfest
* Jun. 29 - Seattle, WA @ Wite River Amphitheater
* Jul. 01 - San Francisco, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater
Jul. 02 - Sacramento, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheater
Jul. 04 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Jul. 07 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
* Jul. 08 - San Bernardino, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion
Jul. 11 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amp
Jul. 14 - Kansas City, KS @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 15 - St. Louis, MO @ UMB Bank Pavilion
* Jul. 16 - Chicago, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Jul. 18 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
Jul. 19 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Music Energy Center
Jul. 21 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Amphitheatre
Jul. 22 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Jul. 23 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Jul. 26 - Scranton, PA @ Toyota Pavilion
Jul. 27 - Buffalo, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
* Jul. 29 - New York, NY @ Randall's Island
Jul. 30 - Hartford, CT @ New England Dodge Music Center
* Aug. 01 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
* Aug. 04 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at The Waterfront
* Aug. 05 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
Aug. 06 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Virginia Beach
Aug. 09 - Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion
Aug. 13 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphiheatre (possibly no Ozzy)

* Denotes Double Duty with Ozzy

Europe:
Aug. 26 - GOTHENBURG (Sweden) @ Roda Stern with In Flames
Aug. 27- AARHUS (Denmark) @ Train
Aug. 29 - COPENHAGEN (Denmark) @ Pumpehuset
Aug. 30 - STOCKHOLM (Sweden) @ Grona Lund with In Flames
Sept. 01 - OSLO (Norway) @ Rockefeller
Sept. 02 MALMO(Sweden) @ Molleplatsen with In Flames
Sept. 04 HELSINKI(Finland) @ Cable Hall
Sept. 05 TAMPERE (Finland) @ Pakkahuone
Sept. 07 UTRECHT (Holland) @ Tivoli
Sept. 08 PARIS (France) @ Elysse Monmatre
Sept. 10 GLASGOW (UK) @ Academy
Sept. 11 NEWCASTLE(UK) @ Academy
Sept. 12 MANCHESTER(UK) @ Academy
Sept. 14 BIRMINGHAM (UK) @ Academy
Sept. 15 BRIXTON (UK) @ Academy
Sept. 16 BRIXTON (UK) @ Academy (Tentative)

Australia:
Sept. 21 Perth @ Metro City
Sept. 23 Adelaide @ Thebarton Theatre
Sept. 24 Melbourne @ The Palace
Sept. 25 Sydney @ Enmore Theatre
Sept. 26 Sydney @ Enmore Theatre
Sept. 28 Brisbane @ The Arena

South America: Headlining Live N' Louder Festival
Oct. 7 - Mexico City
Oct. 12 - Buenos Aires
Oct. 14 - Sao Paulo

Oct. 19 - November 20: USA - dates TBD

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: