Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:21:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227998 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Black Metal BANNED In Norway
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Metal BANNED In Norway  (Read 9374 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 04:34:52 PM »

Did they actually say they were going to ban black metal?

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »

Did they actually say they were going to ban black metal?

Not as far as I could read, but then I again I didn't read the article...

Curiosity got the best of me, I have to ask,

They have destroyed perhaps the most important scene in music of the last 20 years.

why, exactly?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 11:33:58 PM »

why, exactly?

It's a new genre of music with a dangerous new worldview. The authorities don't like it. Unlike the latest fads (99% of rap), it has an intellectual side as well, which makes it even more dangerous. Black metal mocks all religions, and black metal fans aren't afraid of self-parody, either. This amount of sophistication makes people unaccustomed to it nervous and reactionary.

The number of poseurs in the scene has been bad, but when the laws are up against it, there's little hope. Very few bands have gone through with making music when they could be imprisoned for it.

The law mentions "publishing articles", but this could probably mean anything in Norway. It probably includes lyrical notes that come with the CD, since black metal is indecipherable without them.  Wink It probably includes underground magazines that help keep the scene together. Promotions and advertizements deemed "offensive" could also be shut down. This law is basically an attack on free music. All because of a bunch of cartoons...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 01:37:40 PM »

I wish my dad dressed like that.

Why would you want your dad to dress exactly like you?  Wink
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 01:44:56 PM »

So we would match, duh.

Seriously though, those guys give me nightmares...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »

Why do they mock? Do they have no respect?

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »

i'm not really into black metal, but i highly doubht that it will be banned in any way... they might be sensored on tv and shit like that, but if you want to buy records that contain blasphemy i think a warning sticker will be the only rule.

Norway really appreciated it's freedom of speach very much and the debate has just been up hence the cartoon controversy.

the blasphemy act is from like 1930 and has never been used, it's a so called sleeping act, more like a guide line, i think there might be a court case about this soon tho because some muslims have taken the editor of the paper who printed the muhammed cartoons to court... it's going to be interesting to see what the results will be...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 04:41:27 PM »

i'm not really into black metal, but i highly doubht that it will be banned in any way... they might be sensored on tv and shit like that, but if you want to buy records that contain blasphemy i think a warning sticker will be the only rule.

Norway really appreciated it's freedom of speach very much and the debate has just been up hence the cartoon controversy.

the blasphemy act is from like 1930 and has never been used, it's a so called sleeping act, more like a guide line, i think there might be a court case about this soon tho because some muslims have taken the editor of the paper who printed the muhammed cartoons to court... it's going to be interesting to see what the results will be...

it will

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 07:12:53 PM »

it will

what will? black metal banned? why then? explain please...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 12:51:13 PM »

it will

it will be interesting to see the results i meant

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »

it will

it will be interesting to see the results i meant

totaly agree!

I mean, when you're so fucking stupid that you print such blasphemy you defenetly desreve a kick in the nuts, but then again freedom of speach... where does the line go?? so yes, defenetly very interesting!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 06:43:26 AM »

Oh, those cartoon crossed the line big time.? Seeing as Muslims believe that you shouldn't draw Mohammed under any circumstances, printing a cartoon of him with a bomb on his head is deliberately provocative and, more to the point, just fucking racist.? Not that the way the Muslim community reacted did much to quell the stereotype.? They should have gone straight to court from the beginning.

Black metal?  I don't like it at all but it certainly shouldn't be banned.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »

Oh, those cartoon crossed the line big time.? Seeing as Muslims believe that you shouldn't draw Mohammed under any circumstances, printing a cartoon of him with a bomb on his head is deliberately provocative and, more to the point, just fucking racist.? Not that the way the Muslim community reacted did much to quell the stereotype.? They should have gone straight to court from the beginning.

Black metal?? I don't like it at all but it certainly shouldn't be banned.

I agree. Being a Muslim myself, I believe Prophet Muhammad, if he found out would go to all the editors and try and prove he's a nice guy and make em feel guilty and if they didnt stop, maybe he'd be a bit more physical WITH ONLY THOSE INVOLVED

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »

Not McDonalds then?
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »

those cartoons may have crossed the line.but it was so blown out of proportion.
i am a christian and everyday in a so called christian country i hear the bible,jesus and whatever else totally ridiculed by all sorts of people.on the radio,tv.everywhere.
and do you know what?i laugh it off,it saddens me very much and sometimes makes my blood boil.but what better do these people know?
however if they said the same things about islam,buddhism or wahetever they would be in big trouble.especially if it offends muslims.

get over it for goodness sake i only saw the cartoons cos of all the fuss that was kiced up about it.

probably incidently kicked up by the same group of small minded people who stand in london preaching hatred to the country that harbours them,and inciting hatred and violence.
but its a free country they say.what about freedom of speech?
exactrly what about freedom of speech or does that only count for certain people.

pathetic.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006, 03:10:08 PM »

those cartoons may have crossed the line.but it was so blown out of proportion.
i am a christian and everyday in a so called christian country i hear the bible,jesus and whatever else totally ridiculed by all sorts of people.on the radio,tv.everywhere.
and do you know what?i laugh it off,it saddens me very much and sometimes makes my blood boil.but what better do these people know?
however if they said the same things about islam,buddhism or wahetever they would be in big trouble.especially if it offends muslims.

get over it for goodness sake i only saw the cartoons cos of all the fuss that was kiced up about it.

probably incidently kicked up by the same group of small minded people who stand in london preaching hatred to the country that harbours them,and inciting hatred and violence.
but its a free country they say.what about freedom of speech?
exactrly what about freedom of speech or does that only count for certain people.

pathetic.

no offence but i dont think you should laugh it off. I think you should do things about it NOT involving blowing building and stuff. I feel annoyed that Algerian Muslims torched christian businesses when most of the protesters outside the danish embassy in Cairo werent even muslims. they were local christians. Thirdly, this is how Hitler began reigning. He printed offensive jewish cartoons. they were offended, people thought it was a joke. Few years l8er...of the concentration camps. I dont like it when people offend jesus as Jesus was a prophet of islam mind u.

BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2006, 06:05:17 PM »

you know what,i know muslims who are really nice people,clearly there are radicals of every creed,religion nd colour.obviously i dont agree with the same fundamentals as you but we both have common interests,i believe in mohammad,and i agree you sshouldnt laugh it off but sometims there is no other choice obviously i dont find it at all funny,but theway things are you cannot say anything without being put in a box.i just wish we could all get along.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 07:31:18 AM »

you know what,i know muslims who are really nice people,clearly there are radicals of every creed,religion nd colour.obviously i dont agree with the same fundamentals as you but we both have common interests,i believe in mohammad,and i agree you sshouldnt laugh it off but sometims there is no other choice obviously i dont find it at all funny,but theway things are you cannot say anything without being put in a box.i just wish we could all get along.

so do i. thank god for the Muslim and Christian forum Association (summat like that). I only heard about it during the peaceful protesting in Trafalgar square.

Sephiroth
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2006, 10:47:02 AM »

Topic title is misleading. Black metal isn't actually banned here
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »

http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2006-02/15/article04.shtml

Think of how many great bands have come from Norway, like Burzum, Darkthrone, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Borknagar, Carpathian Forest, Immortal, do I have to go on!?? rant "Blasphemy" is a crime in Norway, and black metal in inherently blasphemous. Norway is going to be ruled by fanatics soon if they don't realize how important free speech is. They have destroyed perhaps the most important scene in music of the last 20 years. It was in decline, admittedly, but now it has almost no chance of coming back.

This is just terrible. The freedom to enjoy music is a fundamental human right. I think we're going to have to get used to a lot more bands like Hoobastank, Incubus (the pop band, not the old death metal band), and whatever corporate bands that are approved by the state. The sad thing is, some people enjoy them.? rant? rant

If Axl doesn't get off his ass soon, talking about Chinese democracy will be declared illegal and his album permanently banned. Make and enjoy music while you still can. You could lose that right any time these days.

Lol sorry but that made me laugh...although I can't tell if you're being serious or not  nervous
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: